Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
7 answers
203 views
Are there any good examples of using the NestedViewTemplate?  My problem is this: 

I've created a Template and assigned it to a grid. No problems there, test contents of the template (a label) rendered fine.  Now what I'm trying to do is render the DetailTables inside the template.  I pass in the MasterTableView of the grid in order to have access to the child views.  Any way to use those existing views to create the child grids, or at least render the views? 
Sebastian
Telerik team
 answered on 23 May 2008
1 answer
164 views
Hi,

Im trying to export data from a radGrid. The data displayed is set using a filterExpression on the datasource.

However when i export the grid to excel it is exporting all the values from the datasource, not just the values that meet the filterexpression criteria (those being displayed).

Any ideas whats going on?

Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 23 May 2008
1 answer
103 views
I have a page (content within a master) that has a conext menu and a grid on it. The target of the menu is the grid. How do I find the row ID (or index) that was selected when the user clicks an item on the context menu? I want to do this client-side. TIA.
Sebastian
Telerik team
 answered on 23 May 2008
2 answers
163 views

im using the evaluation package so I don't know if this is a limitation but here goes.. I cannot edit data from any of my controls. Here is the following
Create a dummy SQL table 

CREATE TABLE [EducationDates] (
 [EMPL_ID] [varchar] (50) COLLATE SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS NOT NULL ,
 [EducationType] [varchar] (50) COLLATE SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS NOT NULL ,
 [EducationDate] [datetime] NOT NULL ,
 [EducationID] [int] IDENTITY (1, 1) NOT NULL ,
 CONSTRAINT [PK_EducationDates] PRIMARY KEY  CLUSTERED
 (
  [EducationID]
 ) WITH  FILLFACTOR = 90  ON [PRIMARY]
) ON [PRIMARY]
GO
--MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A PK and THAT IT CAN AUTOINCREMENT
--ADD SOME ROW DATA

  1.  create new aspx vb page.

  2. add rad script manager
  3. add RadGrid
  4. Add SQLDatasource (code below)
  5. Bind to DS
  6. Enable 'AutoGenerateEditColumn' = True'
  7. Run it..
  8. The app won't edit

<asp:SqlDataSource ID="SqlDataSource1" runat="server" ConnectionString="<%$ ConnectionStrings:phcJobPostsDevConnectionString %>"DeleteCommand="DELETE FROM [EducationDates] WHERE [EducationID] = @EducationID"InsertCommand="INSERT INTO [EducationDates] ([EMPL_ID], [EducationType], [EducationDate]) VALUES (@EMPL_ID, @EducationType, @EducationDate)"SelectCommand="SELECT * FROM [EducationDates]" UpdateCommand="UPDATE [EducationDates] SET [EducationDate] = @EducationDate WHERE [EducationID] = @EducationID">
<DeleteParameters>
<asp:Parameter Name="EducationID" Type="Int32" />
</DeleteParameters>
<UpdateParameters>
<asp:Parameter Name="EducationDate" Type="DateTime" />
</UpdateParameters>
<InsertParameters>
<asp:Parameter Name="EMPL_ID" Type="String" />
<asp:Parameter Name="EducationType" Type="String" />
<asp:Parameter Name="EducationDate" Type="DateTime" />
</InsertParameters>
</asp:SqlDataSource>

<telerik:RadGrid ID="RadGrid1" runat="server" AutoGenerateEditColumn="True" DataSourceID="SqlDataSource1"

GridLines="None">

<MasterTableView AutoGenerateColumns="False" DataKeyNames="EducationID" DataSourceID="SqlDataSource1">

<RowIndicatorColumn Visible="False">

<HeaderStyle Width="20px" />

</RowIndicatorColumn>

<ExpandCollapseColumn Resizable="False" Visible="False">

<HeaderStyle Width="20px" />

</ExpandCollapseColumn>

<Columns>

<telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="EMPL_ID" HeaderText="EMPL_ID" SortExpression="EMPL_ID"

UniqueName="EMPL_ID">

</telerik:GridBoundColumn>

<telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="EducationType" HeaderText="EducationType" SortExpression="EducationType"

UniqueName="EducationType">

</telerik:GridBoundColumn>

<telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="EducationDate" DataType="System.DateTime" HeaderText="EducationDate"

SortExpression="EducationDate" UniqueName="EducationDate">

</telerik:GridBoundColumn>

<telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="EducationID" DataType="System.Int32" HeaderText="EducationID"

ReadOnly="True" SortExpression="EducationID" UniqueName="EducationID">

</telerik:GridBoundColumn>

</Columns>

<EditFormSettings>

<PopUpSettings ScrollBars="None" />

</EditFormSettings>

</MasterTableView>

</telerik:RadGrid>

Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 23 May 2008
0 answers
128 views
Please ignore this post.
reubix
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 23 May 2008
4 answers
125 views
Hi,

I have a checked treeview in a combo box that is loaded initially on the server - however when I do a postback via the RadAjaxManager - I lose the checked appearance of the treeview.

Interestingly if I add the combo to the updated controls of the Ajax manager then the checked appearance is kept after the Ajax call. 

Regards, Michael.
Michael
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 23 May 2008
2 answers
248 views
I do a bunch of javascript calculations setting the values in some radNumericTextBoxes, and when I do a postback (I need to upload files) the values are reset to default values.
I am wondering if there is a way I could have the changes persist through the postback. The data I enter manually stays through postback, but not the java stuff.

Thanks
Baatezu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 23 May 2008
2 answers
98 views

The Editor does not remember the selected item of a Select Element in IE.

You can see this behavior in action by pasting the below html in the html view then switch to design view.

<select id="Select1" name="Select1">  
    <option value="ACT">Australian Capitol Territory</option> 
    <option value="NSW" selected="true">New South Wales</option> 
    <option value="NT">Northern Territory</option> 
    <option value="QLD">Queensland</option> 
    <option value="SA">South Australia</option> 
    <option value="TAS">Tasmania</option> 
    <option value="VIC">Victoria</option> 
    <option value="WA">Western Australia</option> 
</select> 

In design view it will have the 2nd item correctly selected, but if you switch back to html view it will automatically select the first item.

The Content property will also have the first item selected, regardless of what item is selected in design view.

Firefox did not have any problems remembering which item was selected.

Is there a way to make IE remember which item was selected?

leapopotomus
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 23 May 2008
3 answers
147 views
So we have the viewstate turned off on all the pages of our web app.  But this apparently kills many features in the RadGrid mainly.  Right now I'm trying to do some edititing in the grid the all the expected events are firing up until the point where the edit form shows up.  Then the update and cancel events dont work...but if I turn the viewstate on then everything works.  Why is that? and is there a way to fix this?

Using
C#
ASP.Net 2.0,
085352_Telerik.Web.UI_2008_1_512_trial_hotfix


Thx.
DaveL
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 22 May 2008
2 answers
82 views
Hi!
How do I change the font color for the Group Panel? GroupPanel-ForeColor didn't work It seems to be applying a skin but there is none set on the code so probably is the default.

Claudio
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 22 May 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?