Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
3 answers
324 views
I am using RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX 2008 Q1. I have a RadGrid inside an UpdatePanel and use the EditForms edit mode. Everything works fine in Firefox, but when I use IE7 and try to edit a row that is not initially visible on the page and requires scrolling, the edit form gets open and I can see it for a moment, but then the page scrollbar moves all the way to the top.

That obviously makes it very confusing to the users since they cannot see the edit form and have to scroll down to use it.

Furthermore, when I click on the Save button on my edit form, if validation fails and the form stays open, the page again resets the scrollbar position all the way to the top.
Yavor
Telerik team
 answered on 28 May 2008
11 answers
639 views
Hi,

I'd like to hide the bottom section of the editor, just like the form I am writing now (http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/new-forum-post/b314Z-e.aspx).  Is that possible?

Thanks,
Jeffery Sun
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 28 May 2008
3 answers
111 views
Hi,
Im trying to display RadWindow after the ItemsRequested Event fires for a RadComboBox. If no items found to load, or an exception thrown while loading the data, a RadWindow will apear with an error message. However the RadWindow won't show. I tried to display the RadWindow after SelectedIndex_Changed event fires and it did display, so why its not working for the ItemsRequested Event.

Appreciate your help.
Samer Saleh
Veselin Vasilev
Telerik team
 answered on 28 May 2008
2 answers
127 views
Here's a scenario:

1. Add image in the editor
2. Make the image link to somewhere
3. Delete the image
4. You are left with empty link (in the source)

In a way I understand why it did this; you deleted the image not the link. But, on the other hand, I'm left with a link (anchor) that I only see in source view...

Any thoughts?
Peter Zolja
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 28 May 2008
2 answers
278 views
Hi we are look at upgrading our editor to the latest version.

Currenly we are using the old editor (7.1.1.0), specifically we are using it in an application where we are using the image manager as a standalone. 

as per the kb article http://www.telerik.com/support/kb/article/b454K-keh-b454T-btc-b454c-btc.aspx

we have this in a single ascx that we can load multiple times within a single aspx:

<%

@ register src="~/ImageDialogCaller.ascx" tagname="ImageDialogCaller" tagprefix="uc3" %>

<uc3:imagedialogcaller id="ImageDialogCaller1" editorclientid="<%# RadEditor1.ClientID %>" runat="server" />

<uc3:imagedialogcaller id="ImageDialogCaller2" editorclientid="<%# RadEditor1.ClientID %>" runat="server" />

This works great.

we now want to test with the latest version of the editor, and found the following article:

http://www.telerik.com/support/kb/article/b454K-htg-b454T-bme-b454c-bme.aspx

This works fine in isolation, but when we place it in ascx and then load multiple (as with the old one) we only seem to be able to reference the last loaded ascx.

anyone any ideas on how to achive a multiple use?
Thanks
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 28 May 2008
1 answer
174 views
Hi

I have many Tabs and PageViews. When someone make changes in the Tab1, he has to save the settings, before he can go click to the next Tab2.

I will prevent, to click the next Tab2 and he opens the PageView2.
I realized this before, with previous Version of RadTabStrip. But with the ASP.NET Ajax, something has changed i thinks.

i call this:

<

telerik:RadTabStrip ID="RadTabStrip1" runat="server" OnClientTabSelected="onBeforeClientTabClicked"

function

onBeforeClientTabClicked(sender, args)
{
    
return false;
    //return manageBeforeStatement(); //check if the next Tab is selectable or not.
}

i think, when i return FALSE, then the next is not seletable !

is this so?

best regards
toprak

Paul
Telerik team
 answered on 28 May 2008
1 answer
107 views
I am trying to implement a simple chart with the following code:

RadChart1.Width = 750;

RadChart1.Height = 126;

RadChart1.PlotArea.XAxis.IsZeroBased =

false;

RadChart1.PlotArea.XAxis.LayoutMode = Telerik.Charting.Styles.

ChartAxisLayoutMode.Normal;

RadChart1.PlotArea.XAxis.AutoScale =

true;

ChartSeries serie = new ChartSeries();

serie.Type =

ChartSeriesType.Bar;

serie.Appearance.BarWidthPercent = 5M;

for (int i = 0; i < 5; i++)

{

ChartSeriesItem item = new ChartSeriesItem();

item.XValue = i;

item.YValue = i;

serie.AddItem(item);

}

RadChart1.Series.Add(serie);

serie.PlotArea.IntelligentLabelsEnabled =

true;


and I receive a chart with all points in the series having an offset to the left with regards to the major ticks on the x-axis line. When making the series include more points (~140) the offset gets to ~7 points from the ticks on the x-axis???

Ves
Telerik team
 answered on 28 May 2008
7 answers
292 views
Hi,

I had a javascript snippet which checked what radmenu item was selected then it asked an "are you sure" radconfirm box.  Since migrating over to the new version (and changing some of the code as per the demo version) the rad confirm will open but then immeditely close without user intervention and continue on the ASP code.  The only other thing which is different is I am now using masterpages so I have tried putting my javascript inside a radcode block but no joy.

Here is the stages it used to do correctly:
1. User clicks on menu item.
2. Javascript identifies if the menu item needs an are you sure.
3. If the menu item is to be using a rad confirm perform radconfim
4. If user clicks on "NO" then stop.
5. If user clicks on "Yes" then c# code continues in the radmenu_click event.

Here is whats happening currently:
1. User clicks on menu item.
2. Javascript identifies if the menu item needs an are you sure. (i have added an alert command to ensure the javascript is being hit)
3. Radconfirm appears for no more than 1 second then closes
4. c# code on radmenu continues.

From my testing this is something to do with radconfirm.  Can any one help?  Below is the javascript and snippet of ASP code:

ASP
<telerik:RadMenu ID="rmReceipt" Style="z-index:1000;" runat="server" ClickToOpen="True" Skin="Telerik" OnItemClick="rmReceipt_ItemClick" OnClientItemClicking="onClicking">  
                                    <CollapseAnimation Duration="200" Type="OutQuint" /> 
                                    <Items> 
                                        <telerik:RadMenuItem runat="server" Text="Options">  
                                            <Items> 
                                                <telerik:RadMenuItem runat="server" Text="Cancel">  
                                                </telerik:RadMenuItem> 
                                                <telerik:RadMenuItem runat="server" Text="Update And Finish Later">  
                                                </telerik:RadMenuItem> 
                                                <telerik:RadMenuItem runat="server" Text="Print And Complete">  
                                                </telerik:RadMenuItem> 
                                            </Items> 
                                        </telerik:RadMenuItem> 
                                    </Items> 
                                </telerik:RadMenu> 
c#
   protected void rmReceipt_ItemClick(object sender, RadMenuEventArgs e)  
        {switch (e.Item.Text)  
            {  
                case "Print And Complete":  
                    ....  
                    RadWindow3.Title = "Receipt";  
                    RadWindow3.ReloadOnShow = true;  
                    RadWindow3.VisibleOnPageLoad = true;  
                    RadWindow3.Visible = true;  
                    RadWindow4.Visible = false;  
                    RadWindow2.Visible = false;  
                    RadWindow1.Visible = false;  
                    //produce receipt  
                    break;  
                default:  
                    break;  
            }  
} 


JavaScript
 <script  type="text/javascript">   
    
       var itemClicked = null;     
       function HideMe(dockableObject, command)    
            {    
                  dockableObject.Hide;  
            }    
       function onClicking(sender, eventArgs)   
        {   
            var item = eventArgs.get_item();  
          
            if(item.get_text() == "Print And Complete")     
            {        
            alert ("Hello");  //Added to check that javascript is firing
               itemClicked = eventArgs.get_item();   
               radconfirm('Printing The Receipt Will Lock The LPG Equipment Details And Receipt. Please Ensure All Details Are Correct Before Proceeding. Do You Wish To Continue?',callBackFn ,500,200,'','Warning!');                                     
               return false;  
                
            }      
        }   
       function callBackFn(result)     
        {     
            if (result) //submit the item     
            {     
                eval(itemClicked.get_navigateUrl());     
            }                 
        }     
     
</script>   

Thanks in advance,

Jon

JK
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 28 May 2008
0 answers
78 views
Hi everyone.
 
Often I make word research in a web page. Using Firefox I click Modifiy – find in this page and a box appears in the bottom where I digit a word and firefox goes directly to the position of this word in the page.
 
But this is the problem: It often happen that I use 2 or 3 recurring words so I wuold need many of these research boxes.
The best would be that every time I open Firefox It remembers the last words I used.
 
Do you know if there is a modifiy or a plugin for this function?
I tried with the addons but there are so many that I lost myself.
 
Perhaps Google toolbar gives a little help but it’s not what I am looking for.
 
Thank you everyone for your help.


__________________
http://www.giftideashop.net/ - http://www.idee-regalo.biz/
Tancredi
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 28 May 2008
5 answers
191 views
Hi,

I was wondering if there was a way with the Prometheus to be able to "hide" the Url of the image.  Example:

In my app each client has their own folder to save images to, but I don't want the client's id to be shown to them.  So I want to hide the entire Url.  They can only have on location to save the Images to, so they don't need to see it. 

In the non prometheus version I just found the image url in the style sheet and took care of it myself.  But now with the Prometheus version I'm not sure how to go about it.  It would be nice to be able to hide the location of the image in both the Image Manager and the Image Properties.

Is this something that is possible? 

Thanks,
Heidi
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 28 May 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?