Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
4 answers
461 views
How do I change the background color of the modaloverlay. The current style of TelerikModayOverlay class background-color is #aaaaaa, which 50% opacity. This makes the the back window lighter. I would like to make the color #000 so that the overlay "dim" makes the back window darker.

I would prefer not to create a whole custom skin, just to be able to modify one property.
Svetlina Anati
Telerik team
 answered on 28 May 2008
5 answers
122 views
Hi,

Let's say I have a table:

<table> 
    <tbody> 
        <tr> 
            <td>aaaaaaa</td> 
            <td>aaaaaaa</td> 
        </tr> 
        <tr> 
            <td>b</td> 
            <td>c</td> 
        </tr> 
    </tbody> 
</table> 
 

Now I want to center the content in the cells that have "b" and "c" in them. I click in the first cell (second row), and click on "alignment" then on center (one click). Now I move to the second cell to do that same for "c". This time I have to click two on more times until the "alignment" dropdown shows up. The first click it usually selects the content of the cell and usually the second time it works. Sometimes it requires two clicks the first time as well, it's just not consistent at all.

Thanks.
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 28 May 2008
1 answer
134 views
hi,
If I use Prometheus Rad window (older version) then my parent page dosen't get refreshed but if I use Rad asp.net Window(older version) then it gets refreshed. why is it so?

if I use below one the grid gets regreshed it means callback function gets call

<

radW:RadWindowManager DestroyOnClose="false" ID="DsWindow" Skin="WebBlue" runat="server" >

<Windows>

<radW:RadWindow

Behavior="Move,Reload,Close"

Runat="server"

Id="DSDialog"

VisibleStatusbar="false"

OnClientClose="OnClientClose"

Skin="WebBlue"

Modal="true"

ClientCallBackFunction="CallBackFunction">

</radW:RadWindow>

</Windows>

</

radW:RadWindowManager>

<rada:RadAjaxManager id="RadAjaxManager2" runat="server">

<AjaxSettings>

<rada:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="Button1">

<UpdatedControls>

<rada:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="RadGrid1" LoadingPanelID="LoadingPanel1" ></rada:AjaxUpdatedControl>

</UpdatedControls>

</rada:AjaxSetting>

</AjaxSettings>

</rada:RadAjaxManager>

<rada:AjaxLoadingPanel id="LoadingPanel1" Runat="server" Transparency="30" BackColor="#E0E0E0">

<asp:Image id="Image1" runat="server" AlternateText="Loading..."

BorderWidth="0px"

ImageUrl="~/Images/loading3.gif"

ImageAlign="Bottom">

</asp:Image>

</rada:AjaxLoadingPanel>

but if I use below one

<telerik:RadWindowManager ID="RadWindowManager1" runat="server" Behaviors="Close,Move,Reload"

Modal="true" Animation="None" ShowContentDuringLoad="true" VisibleStatusbar="true"

Skin="WebBlue">

<Windows>

<telerik:RadWindow

Behavior="Move,Reload,Close"

Runat="server"

Id="RadWindow1"

VisibleStatusbar="false"

OnClientClose="OnClientClose"

Skin="WebBlue"

Modal="true"

ClientCallBackFunction="CallBackFunction">

</telerik:RadWindow>

</Windows>

</

telerik:RadWindowManager>

<

telerik:RadAjaxManager id="RadAjaxManager2" runat="server">

<AjaxSettings>

<telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="Button1">

<UpdatedControls>

<telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="RadGrid1" LoadingPanelID="LoadingPanel1" ></telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl>

</UpdatedControls>

</telerik:AjaxSetting>

</AjaxSettings>

</telerik:RadAjaxManager>

<telerik:RadAjaxLoadingPanel id="LoadingPanel1" Runat="server" Transparency="30" BackColor="#E0E0E0">

<asp:Image id="Image1" runat="server" AlternateText="Loading..."

BorderWidth="0px"

ImageUrl="~/Images/loading3.gif"

ImageAlign="Bottom">

</asp:Image>

</telerik:RadAjaxLoadingPanel>

The  grid on calling dosen't gets refreshed. Why?

I just lost in your versions mystery........

Help

Svetlina Anati
Telerik team
 answered on 28 May 2008
5 answers
385 views

Hi,

As documented in one of the post in forum, I am using telerik:RadScriptManager
in master page as
<telerik:RadScriptManager ID="MainRadScriptManager" runat="server">
<Scripts>
<asp:ScriptReference Path="../Javascripts/teleric/Common/Core.js" />
<asp:ScriptReference Path="../Javascripts/teleric/Common/Animation/AnimationScripts.js" />
<asp:ScriptReference Path="../Javascripts/teleric/Common/Navigation/NavigationScripts.js" />
<asp:ScriptReference Path="../Javascripts/teleric/ComboBox/RadComboBoxScripts.js" />
<asp:ScriptReference Path="../Javascripts/teleric/Ajax/Ajax.js" />
<asp:ScriptReference Path="../Javascripts/teleric/Grid/RadGridScripts.js" />
<asp:ScriptReference Path="../Javascripts/teleric/Input/TextBox/RadInputScript.js" />
<asp:ScriptReference Path="../Javascripts/teleric/Input/NumericTextBox/RadNumericInputScript.js" />
<asp:ScriptReference Path="../Javascripts/teleric/Input/MaskedTextBox/RadMaskedInputScript.js" />
</Scripts>
</telerik:RadScriptManager>

Also HTTP Handler is set in config as:
<httpHandlers>
<add path="Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd" verb="*" type="Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource, Telerik.Web.UI" validate="false" />
</
httpHandlers>

Now the exception i am getting is like, Type teleric.Web.UI.RadUnPutControl has already been  registerd.
How to set the EnableEmbeddedScripts false for all the RadControls.
Also is this write way to do so. If possible kindly explain with some code sample, also I need to use the RadStyleSheetManager, tell me if any config or else where setting i need to make.

Thanks,
Pramod

 

Missing User
 answered on 28 May 2008
3 answers
121 views
I just installed the Q12008 Rad Controls for AJAX. Now the RadGrid scrolling is incredibly jerky. I can't see why. Has anyone else had this problem?
Dimo
Telerik team
 answered on 28 May 2008
4 answers
80 views
http://www.sport-events.ch/Sport_Event_Suchen.aspx

When i search in the combobox: "Wo" for a word "Winterthur"
the search doesn't work !! why ?

For other searches it works perfect !!

Support ATT
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 28 May 2008
5 answers
178 views
Hi,  some help needed please

I have 3 menus (expanded/outlook type) in a Nav Pane and Loading into a content Pane.

I have the first menu's server side click working using  (C#..override onInit  etc working fine)
the other two however,..applying the same logic however do not recognise and fire their respective set up click events.
What am I missing?



I am using Telerik Q4 2006 ASPNet 2.

The code is  beneath (I have excluded the 3rd menu for brevity,..but should be same logic problem as second menu)

The FindControl for each menu is also fine,..just the click event for menus 2 and 3 not firing

Thanks
Neal

override

protected void OnInit(EventArgs e)
{
 InitializeComponent();
 base.OnInit(e);
}

private void InitializeComponent()

{

//find the first radmenu...it is in an ItemTemplate

RadMenu TopRadMenu =

(

RadMenu)this.RadPanelbar1.Controls[0].Controls[0].FindControl("RadMenu1");

if (TopRadMenu != null)

{

TopRadMenu.ItemClick +=

new RadMenuEventHandler(this.Menu1_ItemClick);

this.Load += new EventHandler(this.Page_Load);

}

//find the second radmenu...it is in an ItemTemplate

//?this.RadPanelbar1.Controls[1].Controls[0].Controls[1]

RadMenu MidRadMenu =

(

RadMenu)this.RadPanelbar1.Controls[1].Controls[0].FindControl("Radmenu2");

if (MidRadMenu != null)

{

MidRadMenu.ItemClick +=

new RadMenuEventHandler(this.Menu2_ItemClick);

this.Load += new EventHandler(this.Page_Load);

}

//find the third radmenu...it is in an ItemTemplate

//?this.RadPanelbar_RP.Controls[0].Controls[0].Controls[1]

RadMenu BtmRadMenu =

(

RadMenu)this.RadPanelbar_RP.Controls[0].Controls[0].FindControl("Radmenu3");

if (BtmRadMenu != null)

{

BtmRadMenu.ItemClick +=

new RadMenuEventHandler(this.Menu3_ItemClick);

this.Load += new EventHandler(this.Page_Load);

}

}


protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)

{

//Recreacte the user control for each page-lifecycle since we are adding it dynamically to the page

LoadUserControl(

this.selectedUC);

}

public void LoadUserControl(string userControl)

{

//Load user control onto page

Control selectedUserControl = Page.LoadControl(userControl);

//Generate an Unique ID based the control path

string uniqueID = this.selectedUC.Split('.')[0];

uniqueID = uniqueID.Replace(

"/", "").Replace("~", "");

selectedUserControl.ID = uniqueID;

//Load control into Required Panel

//...and prevent controls from being loaded twice..weird error,..??

if (TopContentPanel.FindControl(selectedUserControl.ID) == null)

{

TopContentPanel.Controls.Add(selectedUserControl);

}

}

public void ReloadUserControl()

{

//Loads the UCtl from the Property,...usually set from the UCtl..hence Public property

TopContentPanel.Controls.Clear();

LoadUserControl(

this.selectedUC);

}

private void Menu1_ItemClick(object sender, RadMenuEventArgs e)

{

RadMenuItem ItemClicked = e.Item;

string Temp = FullPath(ItemClicked);

//Given we have the name of the menu item clicked,...

//Load the Required UserControl

switch (FullPath(ItemClicked))

{

case "Occurrence Book":

this.selectedUC = "OpsOccurrenceLogs.ascx";

break;

case "Operations":

this.selectedUC = "Operations.ascx";

break;

//Ops Locations ..Locations per each Operation current and old

case "Ops Locations":

this.selectedUC = "Locations.ascx";

break;

default:

this.selectedUC = "OpsOccurrenceLogs.ascx";

break;

}

ReloadUserControl();

}

private void Menu2_ItemClick(object sender, RadMenuEventArgs e)

{

//Co-ordinators resources

RadMenuItem ItemClicked = e.Item;

string Temp = FullPath(ItemClicked);

switch (FullPath(ItemClicked))

{

case "Documents":

this.selectedUC = "Documents.ascx";

break;

case "Contacts":

this.selectedUC = "Contacts.ascx";

break;

case "RolePlayers":

this.selectedUC = "RPlayers.ascx";

break;

 

default:

this.selectedUC = "RPlayers.ascx";

break;

}

ReloadUserControl();

}

// I do use RadAjaxManager1_ResolveUpdatedControls

//

@

Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="DRM OperationsMngr.aspx.cs"

Inherits="Drm_OPSMainForm" %>

<%

@ Register Assembly="RadAjax.Net2" Namespace="Telerik.WebControls" TagPrefix="radA" %>

<%

@ Register Assembly="RadMenu.Net2" Namespace="Telerik.WebControls" TagPrefix="radM" %>

<%

@ Register TagPrefix="radp" Namespace="Telerik.WebControls" Assembly="RadPanelbar.NET2" %>

 

<!

DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

<

html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">

<

head id="Head1" runat="server">

<title>Ops manager</title>

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="Style.css"/>

</

head>

<

body>

<form id="form1" runat="server">

<div id="FormDiv" style="width:100%; height:100%; border:solid ,1,gray">

<radA:RadAjaxManager ID="RadAjaxManager1" runat="server" >

<AjaxSettings>

<radA:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="RadMenu1">

<UpdatedControls>

<radA:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="TopContentPanel" />

</UpdatedControls>

</radA:AjaxSetting>

<radA:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="Radmenu2">

<UpdatedControls>

<radA:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="BottomContentPanel" />

</UpdatedControls>

</radA:AjaxSetting>

</AjaxSettings>

</radA:RadAjaxManager>

<asp:Panel

ID="TopNavPanel"

runat="server"

CssClass="TopNavPanel"

ScrollBars="Auto">

<radp:RadPanelbar ID="RadPanelbar1" runat="server" Width="190px"

Skin="Outlook" height="100%" >

<Items>

<radp:RadPanelItem Text="DM Admin" runat="server"

Expanded="true" Width="100%" BorderStyle="none">

<Items>

<radp:RadPanelItem runat="server" >

<ItemTemplate>

<radm:RadMenu ID="RadMenu1"

runat="server"

Flow="Vertical" Width="100%" Height="100%"

>

<Items>

<radm:RadMenuItem ID="OccurrenceBook"

runat="server"

BackColor="#404040" ForeColor="Silver"

Text="Occurrence Book"

Width="100%" >

<GroupSettings ExpandDirection="Down"

Width="90px" />

</radm:RadMenuItem>

<radm:RadMenuItem ID="Operations" runat="server"

BackColor="#404040" ForeColor="Silver"

Text="Operations"

Width="100%" >

<GroupSettings ExpandDirection="Down"

Width="90px" />

</radm:RadMenuItem>

<radm:RadMenuItem ID="Locations" runat="server"

BackColor="#404040" ForeColor="Silver"

Text="Locations"

Width="100%" >

<GroupSettings ExpandDirection="Down"

Width="90px" />

</radm:RadMenuItem>

</Items>

</radm:RadMenu>

</ItemTemplate>

</radp:RadPanelItem>

</Items>

</radp:RadPanelItem>

<radp:RadPanelItem Text="DM Resources" Expanded="True"

runat="server" >

<Items>

<radp:RadPanelItem runat="server">

<ItemTemplate>

<radm:RadMenu ID="Radmenu2" runat="server"

Flow="Vertical" Width="100%">

<Items>

<radm:RadMenuItem ID="RPlayers" runat="server"

BackColor="#404040" ForeColor="Lime"

Text="RolePlayers"

Width="100%"

Target="TopContentPanel">

<GroupSettings ExpandDirection="Down" Width="90px" />

</radm:RadMenuItem>

<radm:RadMenuItem ID="Contacts" runat="server"

BackColor="#404040" ForeColor="Lime"

Text="Contacts"

Width="100%"

Target="TopContentPanel">

<GroupSettings ExpandDirection="Down" Width="90px" />

</radm:RadMenuItem>

<radm:RadMenuItem ID="Documents" runat="server"

BackColor="#404040" ForeColor="Lime"

Text="Documents"

Width="100%"

Target="TopContentPanel">

<GroupSettings ExpandDirection="Down" Width="90px" />

</radm:RadMenuItem>

</Items>

</radm:RadMenu>

</ItemTemplate>

</radp:RadPanelItem>

</Items>

</radp:RadPanelItem>

</Items>

</radp:RadPanelbar>

</asp:Panel>

<asp:Panel ID="TopContentPanel" runat="server" CssClass="TopContentPanel">

</asp:Panel>

<asp:Panel ID="BottomNavPanel" runat="server"

CssClass="BottomNavPanel" ScrollBars="Auto">

</asp:Panel>

<asp:Panel ID="BottomContentPanel" runat="server" CssClass="BottomContentPanel">

</asp:Panel>

<asp:Panel ID="FooterCommsPanel" runat="server" CssClass="FooterCommsPanel">

</asp:Panel>

</div>

</form>

</body>


Atanas Korchev
Telerik team
 answered on 28 May 2008
6 answers
200 views
Using VS2008 placing a RadPanelBar bound to a sqldatasource control
(and only in a master page) I get a error complaining about "can't create connection"
please check your connection string or other related settings during the build process.

The control works fine and retrieves the data from the db no
problem both on the build and in the designer. I don't get this
error with the built in asp.net controls. any ideas?

here is a screen shot
http://njtechonline.com/error.jpg

more testing:

I have tested with a objectdatasource bound to a dataset and
it works fine with no error. So it appears just to be problem
with using the sqldatasource.  I have tested on another machine and can easily re-produce:

1)create a master page drop the radscript manager and the radpanel
and bind it to a sqldatasource in the masterpage.

2)create a new content page and try and build the project.
you will also see errors on the content page related to
the controls on the masterpage. even with all these errors
the end result works fine.
Lucian Chiriac
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 28 May 2008
2 answers
181 views
Hi

I'm stuck on this for days so I've decided to ask for help here. I think it's not so difficult but I can't find the correct solution.

First of all, I have a datatable with my data.
In that table, there is a column "Day" which includes 30 or 31 rows, for every day of a month one row (for example: 01/05/2008 --> 31/05/2008).
There are three other columns: CountA, CountB and CountTotal.
As you can see, it's a datatable with numeric info per day.

I've found in the documentation that you have to convert Day to OADate so I create a extra column "DayBis" with the day as OADate-format.

Now, I want a chart where the X-Axis contains all the days (every day must be showed).
On the Y-Axis, the numbers must be shown (possible values between 0 and 1000).

The result must be like on http://www.telerik.com/DEMOS/ASPNET/Prometheus/Chart/Examples/Skinning/Bars/DefaultCS.aspx
On every day, there are three bars: CountA, CountB and CountTotal. That makes it 3 bars * 31 days: 93 bars on one chart.

Thanks in advance. Your help is really appriciated!

Regards
Mathias
mathias
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 28 May 2008
3 answers
115 views
Hi ,
I have tabs on master page, and now depend upon user privileges i want to remove some tabs when page get load.  How can i do that..?

Regards,
Sagar
Sagar Baheti
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 28 May 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?