Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
123 views
We are using tabstrip control with two tab. But the display of first tab looks crooked.

If we add one more tab before this with Text and Value proeprty as blank. then it looks fine.

Please help me.
Paul
Telerik team
 answered on 28 May 2008
12 answers
223 views
Hello,
I created a page with a number of ASP.NET (non ajax) controls and I also replicated the page with the RadControls. I then performed a load test on both pages each at a time for 5 minutes with a constant load pattern of 200 users. The results are so shocking I re-run all tests again and again but the only optimization I could figure was replacing your ScriptManager with the standard .NET 3.5 ScriptManager and that did wonders. The load tests have been performed with VS Test Edition and are purely testing request processing time. Are we missing something as far as concerning the performance? Test machine is a quad Xeon with 4GB RAM, Server 2030 x64 and a SAS controller. Here are my results:

Controls ASP.NET Telerik
Total Requests                 1,144,034                    83,818
Requests per Sec                         3,813                          279
Failed Requests                                -                                -  
Cached Requests                                -                                -  
Total tests                    381,337                       4,916
Tests per Sec                         1,271                             16
Erjan Gavalji
Telerik team
 answered on 28 May 2008
1 answer
136 views
i am trying to add functionality where the editor shows some default text whenever its content is empty. i have the following wired up but it is not working. any help would be great!

<script type="text/javascript">

function OnClientLoad(editor, args)

{

var element = document.all ? editor.get_document().body : editor.get_document();

$telerik.addExternalHandler(element,

"focus", function(e)

{

var sData = editor.get_text();

if (sData == "enter content here")

{

editor.set_html(

"");

}

});

$telerik.addExternalHandler(element,

"blur", function(e)

{

var sData = editor.get_text();

if (sData == "")

{

editor.set_html(

"enter content here");

}

});

}

</script>

Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 28 May 2008
0 answers
73 views
My Dear Telerick supports

i am using grig splitter and context menu.
It's work properly on browser. but wen i add this in MS Office
Communicator 2007 Tab then paging of grid ,spliter and Context menu not work
and when i removed java script from page then its work. So Any body
 solved This problem.(I have telerik 2007).

 HtmlCODE:-


 <table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" style="width:100%; height:auto; font-size: 9pt; font-family:Trebuchet MS; margin-top:0px; margin-left:0px; margin-right:5px">
    <tr>
    <td style="margin-top:0px">   
        <radA:RadAjaxManager ID="RadAjaxManager1" runat="server" EnableOutsideScripts="True">
        </radA:RadAjaxManager>
        <radA:RadAjaxPanel ID="RadAjaxPanel2" runat="server" Height="100%" Width="100%">  
       <radspl:RadSplitter ID="RadSplitter1" runat="server"  Width="100%" Orientation="Horizontal" Skin="WebBlue" Height="550px" LiveResize="True" >
           <radspl:RadPane ID="RadPane1" runat="server" Height="7%"  Scrolling="Y">
             <table style="height:25px; margin:0px" >
             <tr>
                <td style="height: 28px">                 
                    &nbsp;Search:&nbsp;
                    <radC:RadComboBox ID="uxrcboxSelectType" runat="server" Skin="WebBlue" Width="79px">
                        <Items>
                            <radC:RadComboBoxItem ID="RadComboBoxItem1" runat="server" Text="Accounts" Value="Accounts" />
                            <radC:RadComboBoxItem ID="RadComboBoxItem2" runat="server" Text="Contacts" Value="Contacts" TabIndex="1" Selected="True" />
                         </Items>
                    </radC:RadComboBox>
                    &nbsp;By:&nbsp;                    
                    <radC:RadComboBox ID="uxrcboxSelectCriteria" runat="server" Skin="WebBlue" Width="79px">
                       <Items>
                        <radC:RadComboBoxItem runat="server" Text="First Name" Value="First Name" Selected="True" ID="RadComboBoxItem3"></radC:RadComboBoxItem>
                        <radC:RadComboBoxItem runat="server" Text="Email" TabIndex="1" Value="Email" ID="RadComboBoxItem4"></radC:RadComboBoxItem>
                        <radC:RadComboBoxItem runat="server" Text="Business Phone" TabIndex="2" Value="Business Phone" ID="RadComboBoxItem5"></radC:RadComboBoxItem>
                        <radC:RadComboBoxItem ID="RadComboBoxItem6" runat="server" Text="Home Phone" Value="Home Phone"></radC:RadComboBoxItem>
                        <radC:RadComboBoxItem ID="RadComboBoxItem7" runat="server" Text="Mobile Phone" Value="Mobile Phone"></radC:RadComboBoxItem>
                        <radC:RadComboBoxItem ID="RadComboBoxItem8" runat="server" Text="All" Value="All"></radC:RadComboBoxItem>
                       </Items>
                    </radC:RadComboBox>
                   </td>
                    <td>
                     &nbsp;For:&nbsp;
                    &nbsp;<asp:TextBox ID="uxtxtSelectCriteria" runat="server" TabIndex="1" Width="103px" ></asp:TextBox>
                    &nbsp;<asp:LinkButton ID="uxlbtnFilter" runat="server" Font-Bold="True" ForeColor="#69798C">Filter</asp:LinkButton>
                    &nbsp;<asp:LinkButton ID="uxlbtnRemovefilter" runat="server" Font-Bold="True" ForeColor="#69798C">Remove Filter</asp:LinkButton>
                   
                    </td>
            </tr>         
        </table>    
           
            </radspl:RadPane>
           <radspl:RadSplitBar ID="RadSplitBar1" runat="server" />
           <radspl:RadPane ID="RadPane2" runat="server" Height="98%" Scrolling="Y">
               <radG:RadGrid ID="uxrgridDetails" runat="server"  AllowPaging="True" AllowSorting="True" AutoGenerateColumns="False" GridLines="None" PageSize="5" TabIndex="6" Skin="WebBlue" AllowMultiRowSelection="True"   >
                        <MasterTableView DataKeyNames="PhoneNumber1">
                            <Columns>
                                <radG:GridBoundColumn DataField="Name" HeaderText="Name" UniqueName="column">
                                    <ItemStyle HorizontalAlign="Left" />
                                    <HeaderStyle HorizontalAlign="Left" />
                                </radG:GridBoundColumn>
                           <radG:GridTemplateColumn DataField="PhoneNumber1" Display="false"  HeaderText="Business Phone" UniqueName="column2">
                                    <ItemTemplate>
                                       <asp:LinkButton ID="uxlbtnPhone1" runat="server" Text='<%# Eval("PhoneNumber1") %>'   ></asp:LinkButton>
                                    </ItemTemplate>
                                    <EditItemTemplate>
                                        <asp:TextBox ID="PhoneNumber1TextBox" runat="server" Text='<%# Bind("PhoneNumber1") %>'></asp:TextBox>
                                    </EditItemTemplate>
                                    <HeaderStyle HorizontalAlign="Left" />
                                    <ItemStyle HorizontalAlign="Left" />
                                </radG:GridTemplateColumn>
                                <radG:GridTemplateColumn DataField="PhoneNumber2" Display="false" HeaderText="Home Phone" UniqueName="column3">
                                    <ItemTemplate>
                                       <asp:LinkButton ID="uxlbtnPhone2" runat="server" Text='<%# Eval("PhoneNumber2") %>' ></asp:LinkButton>
                                    </ItemTemplate>
                                    <EditItemTemplate>
                                        <asp:TextBox ID="PhoneNumber2TextBox" runat="server" Text='<%# Bind("PhoneNumber2") %>'></asp:TextBox>
                                    </EditItemTemplate>
                                    <HeaderStyle HorizontalAlign="Left" />
                                    <ItemStyle HorizontalAlign="Left" />
                                </radG:GridTemplateColumn>
                                <radG:GridTemplateColumn DataField="PhoneNumber3" Display="false" HeaderText="Mobile Phone" UniqueName="column4">
                                    <ItemTemplate>
                                        <asp:LinkButton ID="uxlbtnPhone3" runat="server" Text='<%# Eval("PhoneNumber3") %>' ></asp:LinkButton>
                                    </ItemTemplate>
                                    <EditItemTemplate>
                                        <asp:TextBox ID="PhoneNumber3TextBox" runat="server" Text='<%# Bind("PhoneNumber3") %>'></asp:TextBox>
                                    </EditItemTemplate>
                                    <HeaderStyle HorizontalAlign="Left" />
                                    <ItemStyle HorizontalAlign="Left" />
                                </radG:GridTemplateColumn>
                            </Columns>
                            <ExpandCollapseColumn Visible="False">
                                <HeaderStyle Width="19px" />
                            </ExpandCollapseColumn>
                            <RowIndicatorColumn Visible="False">
                                <HeaderStyle Width="20px" />
                            </RowIndicatorColumn>
                        </MasterTableView>
                        <ClientSettings>
   <Selecting AllowRowSelect ="true" />                 
  <ClientEvents   OnGridCreated="GridCreated" OnRowSelected= "RowSelected"      />

                        </ClientSettings>                   
    <SelectedItemStyle BackColor="#E0E0E0" />
                    </radG:RadGrid>     

              
               </radspl:RadPane>
          
       </radspl:RadSplitter>
    
     <script type="text/javascript">
    //<![CDATA[
       var  grid;
       var selRow;
       var selRow1;
       var selRow2;
alert("1")
        function RowSelected(rowObject)
        {
alert("RowSelected1")       
        selRow  = this.GetCellByColumnUniqueName(rowObject,"column2");
        selRow1 = this.GetCellByColumnUniqueName(rowObject,"column3");
        selRow2 = this.GetCellByColumnUniqueName(rowObject,"column4");
        document.cookie =   selRow.innerText +","+ selRow1.innerText + "," + selRow2.innerText ;
 alert("12")
       showMenu(event);
        }
      
       
        function showMenu(e)
        {
        alert("1showMenu(e)")
        var ca = document.cookie.split(',');
           var t1 = ca[0];
          var t2 = ca[1];
        var t3 =ca[2];
                   var contextMenu = <%= uxrcMenu.ClientID %>;
        alert("1showMenu(e)111")
                   contextMenu.Items[0].SetText( t1 );
                   contextMenu.Items[1].SetText ( t2 );
                   contextMenu.Items[2].SetText ( t3 );
                  // menu.Items[i].Text =
                   contextMenu.Show(e);
                   
                   e.cancelBubble = true;
                   
                 if (e.stopPropagation)
  {
     e.stopPropagation(); //prevents Firefox/Modzilla/Opera from closing the menu
  }

        }
   alert("123")    
function GridCreated()
{
alert("grid1")
  grid = this;
}
     </script>
   <radM:RadMenu ID="uxrcMenu" IsContext="true"  Flow="vertical"  runat="server" >
     <Items >
        <radM:RadMenuItem ID="RadMenuItem1" runat="server" Text= "adasadsdad" ></radM:RadMenuItem>
        <radM:RadMenuItem ID="RadMenuItem2" runat="server" Text= "adasadsdad" ></radM:RadMenuItem>        
        <radM:RadMenuItem ID="RadMenuItem3" runat="server"  Text= "adasadsdad"></radM:RadMenuItem>
    </Items>
</radM:RadMenu>
            </radA:RadAjaxPanel>
       
      
</td>
    </tr>
    </table>
  

Piyush Vardhan
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 28 May 2008
3 answers
190 views
Hello, I had a Master Child Grid working fine in Prometheus Beta and once I added the new DLL for Q1 2008 the Plus Minus buttons disappeared. I am using a custom theme and Skin file and have tried every setting Expand-Collapse setting in the grid to try and set the image url's but it doesn't seem to work. I was able to edit a little bit with the column in the style sheet using this.

.RadGrid_Systema

.rgExpand,

.RadGrid_Systema

.rgCollapse,

But I can't find a way to otherwise edit these Expand-Collapse Columns that will take effect. Please help. Thanks.

Yavor
Telerik team
 answered on 28 May 2008
1 answer
92 views
Hi!
I have a lot of forms with grid's.
All this grid have the same properties.
Every time I have to change the properties I lost a lot of time.

There is a practical solution for these?

Thanks!
Vlad
Telerik team
 answered on 28 May 2008
1 answer
228 views
C# code
StringBuilder sb = new StringBuilder();
StringWriter sw = new StringWriter(sb);
HtmlTextWriter htw = new HtmlTextWriter(sw);
RadGrid1.RenderControl(htw);

RenderControl throws the following exception - 
"Control 'RadGrid1_ctl00_ctl02_ctl00_AddNewRecordButton' of type 'Button' must be placed inside a form tag with runat=server."

ASPX code
<form>
<div>
<table>
<td>
<telerik:RadGrid ID="RadGrid1" Skin="WebBlue" runat="server" AllowPaging="True"PageSize="10" AllowSorting="True" Width="950px" AutoGenerateColumns="False" ShowStatusBar="true"HorizontalAlign="NotSet" OnNeedDataSource="RadGrid1_NeedDataSource" OnUpdateCommand="RadGrid1_UpdateCommand" OnInsertCommand="RadGrid1_InsertCommand" OnDeleteCommand="RadGrid1_DeleteCommand" BorderStyle="Ridge" OnPreRender="RadGrid1_PreRender">
<PagerStyle Mode="NextPrevAndNumeric" />
 <MasterTableView CommandItemDisplay="Top" DataKeyNames="TestID" Width="950px" runat="server">
<Columns>some columns</Columns>
</MasterTableView>
</tererik:RadGrid>
</td>
</table>
</div>
</form>

Using version - RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX

Any thoughts/suggestions?





Vlad
Telerik team
 answered on 28 May 2008
1 answer
93 views
Hi guys,

I am having trouble enabling in-place edit for a grid which has a dataset as a datasource. The dataset is bound to the grid in the Page_Load event, and I'm not sure what's going wrong.

Here's the code-behind:

DataSet _fields = GetListFieldInfo(tableName, MinumumOrdinalField); 
 
            rgFields.DataSource = _fields; 
            rgFields.DataBind(); 

And the ASP.NET code:

<telerik:RadGrid ID="rgFields" runat="server"  
    GridLines="None" Width="563px" AutoGenerateColumns="False"> 
    <MasterTableView EditMode="InPlace" > 
    <RowIndicatorColumn Visible="true"> 
    <HeaderStyle Width="20px"></HeaderStyle> 
    </RowIndicatorColumn> 
 
    <ExpandCollapseColumn Visible="False" Resizable="False"> 
    <HeaderStyle Width="20px"></HeaderStyle> 
    </ExpandCollapseColumn> 
   
    <Columns> 
        <telerik:GridBoundColumn HeaderText="Field" DataField="Field" DataType="System.String"></telerik:GridBoundColumn> 
        <telerik:GridBoundColumn HeaderText="Type" DataField="Type" DataType="System.String"></telerik:GridBoundColumn> 
        <telerik:GridBoundColumn HeaderText="Length" DataField="Length" DataType="System.String"></telerik:GridBoundColumn> 
    </Columns> 
    </MasterTableView> 
</telerik:RadGrid> 


The grid loads normally and gets populated, but I am not able to do an in-place edit when I click on the rows. My goal is to provide custom event handlers for when the user performs an in-place edit of a data row.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edit:
The in-place edit doesn't even appear. The grid just looks like an HTML table with some styles on it(You can't click on rows to get the in-place edit to appear).
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 28 May 2008
6 answers
212 views
Hello, My Grid shows some columns bound to a datatable (one row per "customer"). At the end I put an unbound GridCheckBoxColumn and I wish to show two images (Online/Offline) programmatically when my customers go online or offline and I change the Checked property of my cell (perhaps is better to use some other type of control ?). Is it possible  ?
bye
Paolo
pbisiac
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 28 May 2008
3 answers
133 views
Hi,

I'm having an issue with the Command Item Bar. The functionality works, but there is a white bar covering the theme. I'm not sure what I'm missing.

Here is what it looks like:










Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 28 May 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?