Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
152 views
I have a problem with the RadSplitter which i am using in my Page. When i click on the RadSplitBar for collapsing it the RadPane dissappears altogether.

Code --

<table cellpadding="0px" cellspacing="0px" border="0px" width="100%">
    <tr>
       <td id="matterPartyPreviewContainer" runat="server">
            <telerik:RadSplitter ID="matterPartySplitter" runat="server" Width="100%" Height="95%"
                SkinsPath="~/RadControls/Splitter/Skins" Skin="Outlook" Orientation="Horizontal">
                <telerik:RadPane ID="matterPartyTreeSplitterPane1" runat="server" Width="100%" Height="49%"
                    Collapsed="False" Scrolling="Y">
                    <telerik:RadTreeView runat="server" ID="matterPartyTreeView" SkinsPath="~/RadControls/TreeView/Skins"
                        Skin="Office2007" Height="98%" Width="100%" OnNodeExpand="matterPartyTreeView_NodeExpand"
                        OnNodeClick="matterPartyTreeView_NodeClick" OnNodeCreated="matterPartyTree_NodeCreated"
                        EnableDragAndDrop="true" OnNodeDrop="matterpartyTreeView_HandleDrop">
                    </telerik:RadTreeView>
                </telerik:RadPane>
                <telerik:RadSplitBar ID="matterPartySplitBar" runat="server" CollapseMode="Backward" Enabled="true" />
                <telerik:RadPane ID="matterPartyPreviewSplitterPanel" runat="server" Width="100%"
                    Visible="true" Height="49%" Collapsed="false" Scrolling="None">
                    <asp:Panel ID="previewContentPanel" runat="server">
                        <ucPreview:MatterPartyPreview ID="matterPartyPreviewID" runat="server"></ucPreview:MatterPartyPreview>
                    </asp:Panel>
                </telerik:RadPane>
            </telerik:RadSplitter>
        </td>
       
        <telerik:RadAjaxManager ID="matterPartyAjaxManager" EnableAJAX="true" runat="server">
            <AjaxSettings>
                <telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="matterPartyTreeView">
                    <UpdatedControls>
                        <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="matterPartyTreeView" LoadingPanelID="matterPartyTreeViewLoadingPanel" />
                    </UpdatedControls>
                </telerik:AjaxSetting>
                <telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="matterPartyPreviewID">
                    <UpdatedControls>
                        <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="matterPartyPreviewID" LoadingPanelID="matterPartyPreviewLoadingPanel" />
                    </UpdatedControls>
                </telerik:AjaxSetting>
            </AjaxSettings>
        </telerik:RadAjaxManager>
       
        <telerik:RadAjaxLoadingPanel ID="matterPartyPreviewLoadingPanel" runat="server" Transparency="30"
            BackColor="#E0E0E0">
            <ucPanel:LoadingPanel ID="PreviewLoadingPanel" runat="server" />
        </telerik:RadAjaxLoadingPanel>
       
        <telerik:RadAjaxLoadingPanel ID="matterPartyTreeViewLoadingPanel" runat="server"
            Transparency="30" BackColor="#E0E0E0">
            <ucPanel:LoadingPanel ID="TreeViewLoadingPanel" runat="server" />
        </telerik:RadAjaxLoadingPanel>
    </tr>
</table>

Any suggestions would be welcome & appreciated.
Svetlina Anati
Telerik team
 answered on 27 May 2008
2 answers
143 views
Hello,

Did the Outlook skin for the RadMenu change dramatically with Prometheus?  It's now very blue, and I think it used to be gray.  If it did change, how can I use the old look for the Outlook skin?

Thanks,

Matt
mjones
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 27 May 2008
1 answer
144 views
Hi, I'm trying to optimize this project.
In the master page there is a 3 row layout fullscreen radplitter.
The firsrt and the last row is static and the main container is in the middle row, generally inside there are another radsplitter or more nested radsplitter with with/heigth set to 100%.
Can I use a table o some divs instead of the radsplitter server control in the master page?
Svetlina Anati
Telerik team
 answered on 27 May 2008
1 answer
122 views
We have purchased RadControls Q3_2007_SP2.
I cannot find there RadToolTip.Net2.dll
Is it included in this set? Did we pay for it?
What can be done in order to use it?

Thanks,
Larry
Svetlina Anati
Telerik team
 answered on 27 May 2008
4 answers
226 views
Simple:  I have a Companies table with 30 fields.  I just want my grid to show like 4 of them then when I select the row I want the rest of the details to appear.  I also would like them to be able to edit, insert and delete from this "details" view.

Questions...

1. How can I do this exactly?

2. Also, do I need 2 datasources (1 for the grid and 1 for the details view of the selected company ?)

3. Also, how do I customize the field layout the way I want it?

The online examples dont seem to help much.
Geoffrey
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 27 May 2008
3 answers
215 views

We just had a user report that he is unable to use the RadWindow.  He is using Safari 3.1 on a Mac running Mac OS X 10.4.  I was not able to reproduce the error myself, but he claims that when he clicks on the ImageButton that is supposed to open the window, nothing happens.  Are there any known issues with Window "Prometheus" and Mac Safari?  Here is the code in my aspx page:

<asp:ImageButton ID="imgBtnRoles" runat="server" ImageUrl="/images/makeSelections.jpg" Width="128" Height="21" BorderWidth="0" BackColor="#a50021" />

I should mention that this imagebutton is inside of an asp:UpdatePanel and I have a trigger set on the imagebutton as follows:

<Triggers>

<asp:AsyncPostBackTrigger ControlID="imgBtnRoles" />

</Triggers>

I also have a radwindowmanager on my aspx page:

<

telerik:RadWindowManager ID="RadWindowManager1" runat="server"></telerik:RadWindowManager>

Here is the code I am using in my aspx.vb file to create the radwindow:

Protected Sub imgBtnRoles_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.Web.UI.ImageClickEventArgs) Handles imgBtnRoles.Click

'Create a new window and add it dynamically

Dim newWindow As RadWindow = New RadWindow

newWindow.ID =

"RadWindow1"

newWindow.NavigateUrl =

"./RoleSelector.aspx"

newWindow.VisibleOnPageLoad =

True

newWindow.Enabled =

True

newWindow.Visible =

True

newWindow.Width = 285

newWindow.Height = 675

newWindow.Behaviors = WindowBehaviors.Close

newWindow.Skin =

"WebBlue"

newWindow.OffsetElementID =

"searchArea"

newWindow.ReloadOnShow =

True

newWindow.Modal =

True

newWindow.OnClientClose =

"initiateCallback"

newWindow.VisibleStatusbar =

False

'Add the newly created RadWindow to the RadWindowManager's collection

RadWindowManager1.Windows.Add(newWindow)

End Sub

Didier
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 27 May 2008
8 answers
329 views
I'm trying to create a control based on RadComboBox that uses LoD and uses templates to display multicolumn data.

I can't figure out the proper place for the call to the DataBind() method.

I'm creating the control programmatically.
namespace TestBed { 
  public partial class WebForm5 : System.Web.UI.Page { 
    DataSet _Data; 
    public DataSet Data { 
      get { 
        if(_Data == null || _Data.Tables.Count == 0) { 
          _Data = new DataSet(); 
 
          XmlDataDocument doc = new XmlDataDocument(); 
          doc.Load(System.Web.HttpContext.Current.Server.MapPath("App_Data/lstransact.xml")); 
          StringReader sr = new StringReader(doc.SelectSingleNode("//data").OuterXml); 
          XmlTextReader r = new XmlTextReader(sr); 
          _Data.ReadXml(r); 
        } 
        return _Data; 
      } 
    } 
    protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e) { 
      RadComboBox cb = CreateCombo(); 
      AjaxPanel.Controls.Add(cb); 
    } 
 
 
    RadComboBox CreateCombo() { 
      RadComboBox cb = new RadComboBox(); 
      cb.ID = "combo"; 
      cb.AllowCustomText = true; 
      cb.EnableLoadOnDemand = true; 
      cb.EnableVirtualScrolling = true; 
      cb.ShowMoreResultsBox = true; 
      cb.ShowToggleImage = true; 
      cb.HighlightTemplatedItems = true; 
      cb.MarkFirstMatch = false; 
      cb.Width = Unit.Pixel(250); 
      cb.Height = Unit.Pixel(200); 
 
      cb.HeaderTemplate = new HeaderTemplate(); 
      cb.ItemTemplate = new ItemTemplate(); 
 
      cb.ItemsRequested += new RadComboBoxItemsRequestedEventHandler(cb_ItemsRequested); 
      return cb; 
    } 
 
    void cb_ItemsRequested(object o, RadComboBoxItemsRequestedEventArgs e) { 
      RadComboBox cb = (RadComboBox) o; 
      int offset = e.NumberOfItems; 
      DataRow[] rs = Data.Tables[0].Select(String.Format("trannum>={0}", e.Text == String.Empty ? "0" : e.Text)); 
      DataTable data = new DataTable(); 
      data = Data.Tables[0].Clone();  
      foreach(DataRow r in rs) { 
        data.ImportRow(r); 
      } 
      int itemsPerRequest = 20; 
      int endOffset = offset + itemsPerRequest; 
      if(endOffset > data.Rows.Count) { 
        endOffset = data.Rows.Count; 
      } 
      if(endOffset == data.Rows.Count) { 
        e.EndOfItems = true; 
      } 
      else { 
        e.EndOfItems = false; 
      } 
 
      for(int i = offset;i < offset + itemsPerRequest;i++) { 
        RadComboBoxItem itm = new RadComboBoxItem(data.Rows[i]["trannum"].ToString()); 
        cb.Items.Add(itm); 
      } 
      if(data.Rows.Count > 0) { 
        e.Message = String.Format("Items <b>1</b>-<b>{0}</b> out of <b>{1}</b>", endOffset.ToString(), data.Rows.Count.ToString()); 
      } 
      else { 
        e.Message = "No matches"; 
      } 
    } 
  } 
  public class HeaderTemplate : ITemplate { 
    void ITemplate.InstantiateIn(Control container) { 
      Table t = new Table(); 
      TableRow r = new TableRow(); 
      TableCell c; 
 
      c = new TableCell(); 
      c.Width = Unit.Pixel(50); 
      c.Text = "Audit No"; 
      r.Cells.Add(c); 
 
      c = new TableCell(); 
      c.Width = Unit.Pixel(70); 
      c.Text = "Date"; 
      r.Cells.Add(c); 
 
      c = new TableCell(); 
      c.Width = Unit.Pixel(270); 
      c.Text = "Tenant name"; 
      r.Cells.Add(c); 
 
      t.Rows.Add(r); 
      container.Controls.Add(t); 
 
    } 
  } 
 
  public class ItemTemplate : ITemplate { 
    void ITemplate.InstantiateIn(Control container) { 
      Table t = new Table(); 
      TableRow r = new TableRow(); 
      TableCell c; 
 
      c = new TableCell(); 
      c.Width = Unit.Pixel(50); 
      c.Text = (string) DataBinder.Eval((container as RadComboBoxItem).DataItem, "trannum"); 
      r.Cells.Add(c); 
 
      c = new TableCell(); 
      c.Width = Unit.Pixel(70); 
      c.Text = (string) DataBinder.Eval((container as RadComboBoxItem).DataItem, "trandate"); 
      r.Cells.Add(c); 
 
      c = new TableCell(); 
      c.Width = Unit.Pixel(270); 
      c.Text = (string) DataBinder.Eval((container as RadComboBoxItem).DataItem, "toDbTenant-name");  
      r.Cells.Add(c); 
 
      t.Rows.Add(r); 
      container.Controls.Add(t); 
    } 
  } 
} 


I've tried calling DataBind() on each RadComboBoxItem a couple of places in the Page_Load event and in the ItemsRequested event to no avail.

What should I be doing?

--
Stuart


Veselin Vasilev
Telerik team
 answered on 27 May 2008
1 answer
194 views
Hi,

We have used the RadEditor for some months now, and although it works a lot better than our previous solution, I thought I'd report some issues:

1,
Multiple SPAN tags: When setting for example font size, style and color, chances are the editor will create individual SPAN tags for each css value. This works fine in most HTML viewers, of course, but there are a couple of issues with this. Firstly, the HTML becomes bloated and harder to read/change,and secondly, some HTML viewers (like certain email readers) get confused and only "see" one of the SPAN tags.
Is there any way you could make the editor reuse already existing SPAN tags? Instead of <span style="font-size: 11px"><span style="color: red;"> it would be better to have <span style="font-size: 11px; color: red;">, i.e. within the same tag.

2,
Font size is still not shown correctly at all times. Often, when selecting text, the dropdownbox for font size will show size from 1-7, instead of pixels. At other times, it will show the size in points (pt). I understand you're having problems with the way the browser handles this, but do you think there is any chance that future versions of the editor will always show correct font size or is it imposssible?

3,
As users create complex HTML documents with tables, etc, the HTML will sometimes become corrupted and contain invalid HTML like empty HTML tags (<>), end tags without start tags or tags appearing in invalid places like between TD tags for example. It would be nice to have some sort of cleaner functionality in the editor to automatically remove "garbage" HTML, or better yet, have the editor make sure such things never happen in the first place! :-) As it is, I have to help the user clean up their HTML, which means a lot of wasted time.

Regards,
Tommy Johansen
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 27 May 2008
1 answer
135 views
Hi,

I am using RadPanelBar with in Radgrid in

EditMode

="EditForms"


Like this

<EditFormSettings EditFormType ="Template" >

<PopUpSettings ScrollBars="None" />

<FormTemplate >

<telerik:RadPanelBar ID="redPanalBar1" runat="server" OnItemClick ="redPanalBar1_ItemClick" OnLoad ="redPanalBar1_Load">

</telerik:RadPanelBar>

</FormTemplate>

</EditFormSettings>

and on serverside
i fired both the events of redpanelbar which are OnLoad and OnItemClick
Like this

protected void redPanalBar1_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)

{

RadPanelBar rdinpan = (sender as RadPanelBar);


if
((ViewState["SelectedValue"] != "") && (ViewState["SelectedValue"] != null))

{

if (rdinpan != null)

{

if (rdinpan.SelectedItem != null)

{

rdinpan.Items[rdinpan.SelectedItem.Index].Controls.Add(Page.LoadControl(

"UserControls/Abc.ascx"));

}

}

}

}

protected void redPanalBar1_ItemClick(object sender, RadPanelBarEventArgs e)

{

RadPanelBar rdinpan = (sender as RadPanelBar);

Session[

"test] = e.Item.Value;

foreach (RadPanelItem item in rdinpan.Items)

{

item.Expanded =

true;

if (e.Item.Value == item.Value)

{

rdinpan.Items[rdinpan.SelectedItem.Index].Controls.Clear();

rdinpan.Items[rdinpan.SelectedItem.Index].Controls.Add(Page.LoadControl(

"UserControls/Abc.ascx"));

rdinpan.Items[rdinpan.SelectedItem.Index].Expanded =

true;

rdinpan.ExpandMode =

PanelBarExpandMode.MultipleExpandedItems;

break;

}

else

{

rdinpan.ExpandMode =

PanelBarExpandMode.MultipleExpandedItems;

}

}


after doing all this i m facing some kind of problem like if i putted the debugger on the itemcommand event of radgrid it works fine with taking this debugger

but if i donot put debugger on the itemcommand and i click addnewrecor link button of the radgrid the application becomes hangs and same thing is happened with the edit button

i also cheked that there is no problem with taking the taxtboxes with in edit template if i removed the redpanelbar.

pls suggest me the soln of the problem..

bankey
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 27 May 2008
1 answer
177 views
Hi,   
     I was using RadTreeView Classic version earlier but now i am using RadTree Ajax control. I used Telerik.WebControls.RadTreeViewContextMenu.ContextMenu and Telerik.WebControls.RadTreeViewContextMenu.ContextMenuItem classes to generate Context Menu dynamically. Can you tell me which classes i can use for RadTree Ajax version t generate Context Menu dynamically.
Erjan Gavalji
Telerik team
 answered on 27 May 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?