Over the last few months, we’ve been working hard to deliver you an awesome Q3 2013 release (which you can read more about, here). Along the way, we figured today was good time to drop a Service Pack for Q2 2013, which includes a bunch of new features and a boatload of fixes. In this blog post, I’ll highlight a few of things we’ve added in this release. To download the Service Pack right away, head over to the downloads page of your account. This post won’t cover everything new and improved, so to read more, be sure to check out the change logs:
The Kendo UI Q2 2013 service pack provides a number of updates, fixes, and enhancements to the version of Kendo UI we shipped in July of 2013. From a high-level perspective, we accomplished a great deal of work for this latest milestone:
- 129 bugs fixed
- 26 enhancements made
- 89 issues resolved for Kendo UI Web
- 18 issues resolved for Kendo UI DataViz
- 22 issues resolved for Kendo UI Mobile
- and much more!
And this is all while working on a stellar Q3 release for later this year! Here’s a selection of fixes and enhancements we’ve implemented in this Service Pack:
- New! Full and official support for Internet Explorer 11.
- RTM Release for the Kendo UI Scheduler, including several fixes, RTL support and more!
- Improved! All Kendo UI Widgets now work when the CSS box-sizing property is set to “border-box.”
- Improved! TypeScript support updated to version 0.9.1.
- Fixes and Improvements to the Kendo UI Editor, including inline editing of header tags, the ability to insert plain text within existing formatting, and more.
- Fixes and Improvements to the Kendo UI Grid. In this Service Pack, we’ve optimized selection performance when there is no grouping or hierarchy, and also pushed a number of fixes related to in-cell editing, PopUp editing and grouping.
- New! iOS 7 Support in Kendo UI Mobile
- New! ASP.NET MVC Server Wrappers Mobile Editor templates for Url, Email and Password data types.
- Improvement! DataViz Barcodes and QR codes now include improved edge sharpness for SVG and Canvas rendering. The QRCode widget also now includes better VML rendering.
While you digest everything new in the Service Pack, we’ll keep on working on the Q3 2013 release, of which you’ll get to see more as we approach the next two milestones:
- Kendo UI Q3 2013 Beta, expected in late October
- Kendo UI Q3 2013 Release, expected in Mid-November
These are just a few of the updates, fixes, and enhancements that you’ll find in the service pack for the Kendo UI Q2 2013 release. Many of the bugs and feature requests we implemented came directly from you; our customers. We spend a great deal of time tracking your feedback on our forums, our UserVoice site, Stack Overflow, Twitter (@KendoUI) and elsewhere online. As always, we welcome all feedback. Please continue to submit your requests and, with your help, we’ll continue to make Kendo UI more awesome.