Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
2 answers
161 views
Hi,

I want to set the height of a collapsed (minimized) radDock control. I tried overriding the .RadDock.rdCollapsed style but it's marked "!important" in the base css. How can I do this?

Thanks,
Wouter van Beek
Wouter van Beek
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 09 Aug 2010
1 answer
218 views
Hello again,

I use advanced form and trying to place my own user control in it. Unfortunatelly I'm getting an error 
"The name "owner" does not exist in the current context error"
both in case im using:
- '<%# Container.Appointment.Owner.Localization.AdvancedClose %>'
or
- '<%# Owner.Localization.AdvancedClose%>'

I also tried '=' instead of '#' but it didn't work. As well I already have converted .ascx to web application.

Here's my sample:

<%@ Control Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeBehind="WebUserControl1.ascx.cs" Inherits="Trash.WebUserControl1" %>
 
<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" TagPrefix="telerik" %>
 
<div class="rsAdvancedEdit" style="position: relative">
    <%-- Title bar.--%>
    <div class="rsAdvTitle">
        <%-- The rsAdvInnerTitle element is used as a drag handle when the form is modal. --%>
        <h1 class="rsAdvInnerTitle">
            Edit Appointment</h1>
        <asp:LinkButton runat="server" ID="AdvancedEditCloseButton" CssClass="rsAdvEditClose"
            CommandName="Cancel" CausesValidation="false" ToolTip='<%# Container.Appointment.Owner.Localization.AdvancedClose %>'>
            <%# Owner.Localization.AdvancedClose%>
        </asp:LinkButton>
    </div>
    <div class="rsAdvContentWrapper">
        <asp:Button ID="btn1" runat="server" Text="Btn" />          
        <asp:Panel runat="server" ID="ButtonsPanel" CssClass="rsAdvancedSubmitArea">
            <div class="rsAdvButtonWrapper">
                <asp:LinkButton CommandName="Update" runat="server" ID="UpdateButton" CssClass="rsAdvEditSave">
                    <span><%# Container.Appointment.Owner.Localization.Save%></span>
                </asp:LinkButton>
                <asp:LinkButton runat="server" ID="CancelButton" CssClass="rsAdvEditCancel" CommandName="Cancel"
                    CausesValidation="false">
                    <span><%# Container.Appointment.Owner.Localization.Cancel%></span>
                </asp:LinkButton>
            </div>
        </asp:Panel>
    </div>
</div>

Lookin forward quick reply.

Best regards,
Maciej
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Aug 2010
1 answer
179 views
Hi,

I'm trying to test validation with RadInputManager.
I found an issue with server validation when RadInputManager is added programmatically.

Here the code :
<%@ Page Language="VB" %>
<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" TagPrefix="telerik" %>
  
<script runat="server">
  
    Protected Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As EventArgs)
      
        Dim InputMgr As RadInputManager = New RadInputManager
        InputMgr.ID = "RadInputManager1"
        InputMgr.Skin = "Vista"
 
        ' KO
        'Me.Page.Form.Controls.Add(InputMgr)
         
        dim oTextBoxSetting as TextBoxSetting = new TextBoxSetting
        oTextBoxSetting.TargetControls.Add(New TargetInput(TextBox1.UniqueID, True))
        oTextBoxSetting.Validation.IsRequired = True
        oTextBoxSetting.ErrorMessage = "Text is required !"
        InputMgr.InputSettings.Add(oTextBoxSetting)
         
        ' OK
        Me.Page.Form.Controls.Add(InputMgr)
          
    End Sub
      
</script>
  
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN"
  
    <head id="Head1" runat="server">
        <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
        <title>Test RadInputManager Validation</title>
    </head>
    <body>
        <form id="form1" runat="server">
            <asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server" />
            <asp:TextBox ID="TextBox1" runat="server" />
            <asp:Button ID="btnSubmit" runat="server" text="Submit" />
            <asp:ValidationSummary runat="server" ShowMessageBox="true" ToolTip="Must type in textbox!" HeaderText="Header Text" />        
        </form>
    </body>
</html>

When i add InputManager at the end of the method, it's works fine. (OK comment)
Also if it is added before settings, it's not works. (KO comment)

So, why and is it normal please ?

Regards,
Christophe

Nikolay Rusev
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Aug 2010
1 answer
256 views

 

I have a RadPane Scrolling="None".
Inside is 2 divs one a heading the other content.
I want the content to scroll if it overflows keeping the heading up top.
Content displays scroll bars but cannot scroll, any ideas?

 

<telerik:RadPane RadPane Scrolling="None">
   
 <div id="Heading">Heading and buttons</div>
 
 <div id="content" class="pnlBar" style="overflow:scroll>
    ..........................
 </div>
</telerik:RadPane>

Svetlina Anati
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Aug 2010
2 answers
242 views
I have a telerik:GridTemplateColumn in which I have placed an asp:image control (see code segment)
<telerik:GridTemplateColumn HeaderText="Status" UniqueName="TemplateColumn">
    <HeaderStyle Font-Bold="True" Font-Size="Medium" HorizontalAlign="Left" 
        VerticalAlign="Middle" Width="4%" />
        <ItemStyle Font-Size="Medium" HorizontalAlign="Center" 
            VerticalAlign="Middle"/>
            <ItemTemplate>
                <asp:Image ID="Image1" runat="server" 
                    ImageUrl="~/images/redlight.gif"/>
            </ItemTemplate>
</telerik:GridTemplateColumn>

I want to change the asp:image ImageUrl programatically in the ItemDataBound event.  The ItemDataBound GridItemEventArgs is "e".
I can access properties of this cell in a row as "e.item.cells[14]" and change its Backcolor: 
e.Item.Cells[14].BackColor = System.Drawing.Color.Red;

What syntax can I use to change the image url in this cell?
Mike2
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 09 Aug 2010
2 answers
181 views
Hi,

How can I add extra info to an appointment in the day/week/month view? It currently displays the subject only, but I'd like it to also display the appointment Location.

Regards,
Anthony.
Anthony
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 09 Aug 2010
1 answer
161 views
I am using Telrik Radscheduler. I want to generate html or Pdf from a selected week view RadSchedule where all the scheduled appointment will show like the RadScheduler. If it is possible please let me know how I can do this.
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Aug 2010
9 answers
243 views

Hey guys.  I've taken a couple of stabs at this problem without too much luck yet.

Our scenario is a RadSplitter with two panes, left and right, with a dockable left hand RadSlidingPane hosted inside a MasterPage with the Content in the right hand pane.  The desired behavior is that, as a user would resize or dock the left hand side, that its state is persisted across postbacks and pages.  Since the resize events are not server events, we can't do any actual server processing on resize, so that only leaves client side methods.  We've tried cookies, but it seems as though, when moving from page to page, the cookies are duplicated from time to time so that we get page-specific cookies for the Request instead of only ever having one cookie there.  And, since there are now no client side methods that set the widths of anything other than the splitter, I don't see many other options left.

What solutions do you have for this set up?  

Thanks a lot,

Adam.g
Michael Pullella
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 09 Aug 2010
10 answers
637 views
I am having an issue with the z-index for this control when I call a RADWindow using RADWindow Manager.

The RADMenu is located in the master page and the WindowManager is located within a user control that is called when the select command is called.  I have the z-index for the Menu set to 29000 in the masterpage along with the z-index for the WindowManager in the user control which is set to 3000.

Please see the attached screen shot to see what is happening. 

Any ideas, or am I doing something totally wrong?
Matt Frank
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 09 Aug 2010
2 answers
124 views
Hi,

Normally when you create a new appointment, the cheduler opens the InlineInsert form and the user can then create the new appointment.

Is it in any way possible to open the new appoinment directly in the AdvancedForm mode instead?

And

Can I programmatically open an allready created appointment in the AdvancedForm mode?

Thankyou
Rune
had
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 09 Aug 2010
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?