Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
2 answers
278 views
Can you provide a runnable web page for this?

http://blogs.telerik.com/hristodeshev/posts/07-03-26/debugging_asp_net_2_0_web_resources_decrypting_the_url_and_getting_the_resource_name.aspx

I am doing a response.redirect in the page when I see this error in Fiddler.   IE client does not receive error, just in Fiddler.

2010.2.722.35  IE8, XP x86 VS2008

/WebResource.axd?d=OPZw5rj7cRd1-hon59bUqZSBmdd6GFQ_M6Jqx8mEjJr1qTKZ-V7lJ-1Kooodt1TUv-19zYD5PFm-6_nFjALOIbVI7XPEg1Lms0zblNzJYEE1&t=634153179600000000 HTTP/1.1

Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Requested URL: /WebResource.axd

[HttpException]: This is an invalid webresource request.
   at System.Web.Handlers.AssemblyResourceLoader.System.Web.IHttpHandler.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
   at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
   at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)
Lenny_shp
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 09 Aug 2010
1 answer
165 views
I am have a scenario were a subgroup header is being created for a group that has no sub groups.
for example

I have 2 departments A and B and department A has two classes 1 and 2 each of those classes has a morning afternoon and evening offering.

I am trying to group the data accordingly

Department A
     Class 1
          Morning
          Afternoon
          Evening
     Class 2
          Morning
          Afternoon
          Evening
Department B


The problem is that in the Grid view I get an empty group-header-row for the Class subgroup and then another empty row beneath that for not having any offerings listed below it. I need the 'Department B' group-header-row to show up because it links to the department but if the department has no classes no group-header-row should be created. How can I get this to happen.
Maria Ilieva
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Aug 2010
0 answers
116 views
I have a RadGrid in edit mode with GridBoundColumns and GridTemplateColumns.

The GridBoundColumns turn into a textbox and the GridTemplateColumns contain one item - a validator, which is associated with the previous boudncolumns.

In the old days, the validation columns only took up space if the validator was active. Now the empty columns always take up space which is causing an unsightly gap between textboxes.

What is the best way to fix this gap? I want the column width to be 0 if there's no items inside it.

Note that i tried to turn off the columns' visibility when there were no active validators in any of its rows but that caused problems during callback. The coulmn's visibility wasn't restored when turning visible to true. 

edit:
Answer - the "bug" happened because I was toggling the columns' visible property. I should have toggled the Display property. Turning the visible property false then true causes issues. Turning the Display property false then true does not.
Jeffrey Sylvan
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 09 Aug 2010
3 answers
81 views
Hi,

I want to add my custom text/content or control at runtime in each of the appointments.

In bottom of every description I want to show an edit button which will take user to some anohher page.

Kindly suggest how to achieve this.

Thanks
Ajay Shama
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Aug 2010
1 answer
232 views
Hi,
I have a databound RadPanelBar  and I want call a javascript function  on clicking one of the RadItem.  I used "OnClientItemClicked" but it did not help. Any Idea why it is not working and how to fix it?

DataBinding:
           RadPanelBar1.DataSource = dt;
            RadPanelBar1.DataFieldID = "ID";
            RadPanelBar1.DataFieldParentID = "ParentID";
            RadPanelBar1.DataTextField = "Label";
            RadPanelBar1.DataValueField = "KeyInCommand";
            RadPanelBar1.DataBind();



protected void RadPanelBar1_ItemDataBound1(object sender, RadPanelBarEventArgs e)
    {
        RadPanelItemCollection radItems = RadPanelBar1.Items;
        AttachClientEventtoRadItems(radItems);
    }


 private void AttachClientEventtoRadItems(RadPanelItemCollection radItems)
    {
        foreach (RadPanelItem radItem in radItems)
        {
            string itemValue = radItem.Value;
            if (radItem.Controls.Count == 1)
                  AttachOnClickEvent(radItem);
        }
    }

private void AttachOnClickEvent(RadPanelItem radItem)
    {
        string itemValue = radItem.Value;
        if (string.Equals(itemValue, "ZOOM_PREVIOUS", StringComparison.CurrentCultureIgnoreCase))
        {
            //String csname1 = "PopupScript";
            //String cstext1 = "<script type='text/javascript'>" + "function DoClick() { Map_Map1.ZoomToPrevousExtent(); alert('added'); return false; }</" + "script>";
            //NextGenProject.ParentPage.RegisterClientScriptBlock(csname1, cstext1);

            radItem.Attributes.Add("OnClientItemClicked", "OnClientItemClicked");
        }
    }

JavascriptFunction :
function OnClientItemClicked(sender, args) {
    Map_Map1.ZoomToNextExtent();
    alert("Button Is Clicked");
}    

Nikolay Tsenkov
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Aug 2010
0 answers
139 views
Hi everybody !

I am confronted to a problem with previous/next buttons of my browser.

Indeed, when the user click on previous and then next button of the browser, Page_Load isn't called another time, so my treeview is broken.

When the user arrives on the page with the treeview, it isn't visible. The user needs to click on a button, then it makes a process in order to get values to put in the treeview.  During this process I make some tests like this one :
if (!treePanel.Visible)
                    return;

or

if (radTreeView.Nodes.Count == 0)
                        showCurrentPerim();

And I realized that when user clicks on next button, radTreeView.Nodes.Count > 0 so this makes my process wrong :(

In mozilla, the first time I click to display the treeview, nothing happens. Second time, it displays the treeview withou checkboxes and I need to refresh page to make it work again.

In IE7, the first time I click to display the treeview, nothing happens. Second time, it shows me a javascript error :
An error occured.
Do you want to debug ?
 
Ligne : 1223746
Error : 'Telerik.Web.UI.RadTreeView' is null or is not an object
I need to refresh.

I think that the best solution is to catch the event when user clicks on next browser button and then to refresh page. The problem is that it doesn't call Page_Load...

Please give me some solutions :)

Thanks
Jean
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 09 Aug 2010
2 answers
458 views
Guys, I am opening a RadWindow with the following code
 
<telerik:RadWindow id="_windowA" runat="server"
                    Width="350px" Height="350px" Title="Window A"
                    VisibleOnPageLoad="true"
                    NavigateUrl="http://localhost/KTL/MAA/ApplUI/Pages/First/TeamPage.aspx"
                    RestrictionZoneID = "zoneID1"
                    Behaviors = "None"
                    InitialBehaviors = "None"
                    VisibleStatusbar = "false"
                    VisibleTitlebar = "false"
                    CssClass = "window1" 
                    ShowContentDuringLoad = "false"
                    >
</telerik:RadWindow>
 
I've followed the suggestions in the following link (using OnClientShow/OnClientClose), but none have prevented the scrollbars from appearing on my new RadWindow, they did however prevent the bars showing on the parent window:
http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/aspnet/window/radwindow-without-scrollbar.aspx
 
Do you have any clues for me?
Kind thanks.
Adrian
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 09 Aug 2010
2 answers
74 views
Hello!

Could you help me with the two items below:
1) I need functionality to programmatically add a tab or another grid in a grid's cell. Is this functionality supported in the Grid?
2) Is it possible to have a "complex" header, something like this:
|---------------------------------------|---------------------------------------|
|       Column group header1     |       Column group header2      |
|---------------------------------------|---------------------------------------|
| Header11|Header12|Header13|Header21|Header22|Header23|
|---------------------------------------|---------------------------------------|
|      ...      |       ...      |      ...       |      ...      |       ...      |      ...       |
|---------------------------------------|---------------------------------------|
3) Regarding combobox. As I understand there is only one way two have multiselection in Combobox - checkboxes. Correct?

Thanks,
Leonid
Leo
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 09 Aug 2010
1 answer
116 views

I am trying your  example given (http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/grid/examples/dataediting/threelevel/defaultcs.aspx)  for updating and inserting hierarchical data.

For one of the columns for inserting and updating I want to show a combo box ( with Id and text).  That column I want to bound to Text value to display in the grid.

How do I do this?

Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 09 Aug 2010
3 answers
162 views
in the drag-and-drop Grid demo (http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/grid/examples/programming/draganddrop/defaultcs.aspx) when dragging items to the Recyle Bin, it gives a regular confirm box. How would I replace this with a radconfirm box?

I've got it so far as that it shows the radWindow through the radconfirm call, but it doesn't give me a chance to say yes/no, and instead continues execution of removing the dragged items. how do I 'pause' the execution properly?

here's the code snippet from the demo that uses the regular confirm
var node = args.get_destinationHtmlElement();
                            if(!isChildOf('trashCan', node))
                            {
                                args.set_cancel(true);
                            }
                            else
                            {
                                if (confirm("Are you sure you want to delete this order?"))
                                    args.set_destinationHtmlElement($get('trashCan'));
                                else
                                   args.set_cancel(true);
                            }


and here's my similar code, but trying to use the radconfirm. I must be missing something?
var node = args.get_destinationHtmlElement();
                                      
           if(!isChildOf('trashCan', node))
           {
               args.set_cancel(true);
                                  
           }
           else
          {
              var callBackFn = function(arg) {
                  if (arg) {
                      args.set_destinationHtmlElement($get('trashCan'));
                  }
              }
          radconfirm("Are you sure you want to remove this user from the role?",callBackFn);
          return false;
          // if (radconfirm("Are you sure you want to remove this user from the role?",callBackFn))
         // args.set_destinationHtmlElement($get('trashCan'));                                                                              
         // else
         // args.set_cancel(true);
        }


Thanks for the help.
Fiko
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Aug 2010
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?