Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
4 answers
303 views
I just put a RadFormDecorator control on my Master Page and have it styling ONLY CheckBoxes and RadioButtons. But now, when the page loads there is an obvious and annoying delay before all buttons and drop down lists are displayed. Textboxes and other form controls show display immediately. I've not using the decorator tool to style the dropdownlists nor the buttons, so why the delay? The demos do not seem to have this delay? Is there a fix or similar for this behavior? I'm using version 2010.1.519.20
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Aug 2010
1 answer
68 views
Hai,

        I put a radgrid inside a radwindow, then call the window  and closed it.. again calling show a error says that Radgrid ID already exist , cant added to page


plzzzzzzzzz.help
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Aug 2010
3 answers
120 views
Group,
I am sure there is an easy answer to this, but I am having trouble finding it.  I am using a RadGrid with filtering by columns.  One of the columns is a DateTime column.

for the filter I am using the GreaterthanOrEqualTo filter.  What I want to have happen is have the Grid sort by date descending on page load so the most recent transaction is first, but when a date is typed into the filter I want it to sort Ascending so the closes transaction to that date appears at the top of the list.

Is there a way to set a sort order when filtering?

Also, in the filter when I select a date from the date picker it doesn't post back.  I have to hit enter for it to apply the filter because I hid the filter button and defaulted it to GreaterthanOrEqualTo.  In my situation it would be ideal to fire the filter when picking a date.  Is there a way to change that?  I am sure I could do it with javascript but not sure if there is something already built in.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Mira
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Aug 2010
5 answers
2.0K+ views
I would like to hide the arrow buttons and let the user type in the numbers in a RadNumericTextBox control. I don't see any method or property to do that. How can I remove those buttons then?

Thank you,
Vithiya
Daniel
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Aug 2010
1 answer
97 views
In the Telerik grid demo for drag and drop they show the "Move" cursor when you enter the first column (the drag column).  How are they doing this?  I don't see any stylesheet being applied to the column.  I tried this using the headerstyle and itemstyle properties to set a style which had cursor: move and this kind of worked, but just the edges of the column showed the move cursor, the middle still showed the hand. 

Any hints?
Dimo
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Aug 2010
1 answer
92 views
Here is what I'm using for my tabstrip.

<telerik:RadScriptManager ID="ScriptManager" runat="server" />
<telerik:RadCodeBlock ID="RadCodeBlock1" runat="server">
<link href="css/navRe.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />

<script type="text/javascript">
    /* <![CDATA[ */
    function SelectMyTab(sender, eventArgs) {
        var tab = eventArgs.get_tab();
        tab.select();
    }

    function UnSelectMyTab(sender, eventArgs) {
        var e = eventArgs.get_domEvent();
        var tabStrip = $find('<%= RadTabStrip1.ClientID%>');
        if (!tabStrip) return;
        //Find the element which the mouse is over
        var destElement = e.relatedTarget || e.toElement;
        if ($telerik.isDescendant(tabStrip.get_element(), destElement))
            return;
        var initialTab = tabStrip.findTabByText(tabStrip.get_attributes().getAttribute("InitialTab"));
        initialTab.unselect();
        initialTab.selectParents();
    }
    /* ]]> */
</script>
</telerik:RadCodeBlock>

<telerik:RadAjaxManager runat="server" ID="RadAjaxManager1">
    <AjaxSettings>
        <telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="RadTabStrip1">
            <UpdatedControls>
                <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="RadTabStrip1" />
            </UpdatedControls>
        </telerik:AjaxSetting>
    </AjaxSettings>
</telerik:RadAjaxManager>

<telerik:RadTabStrip ID="RadTabStrip1" runat="server" UnSelectChildren="True"
                        OnClientMouseOver="SelectMyTab"
                        OnClientMouseOut="UnSelectMyTab"
                        ClickSelectedTab="True"
                        SelectedIndex="2"
                        AutoPostBack="True" Skin="" >
    <Tabs>
        <telerik:RadTab runat="server" Text="HOME"
            CssClass="selectedNav">
            <Tabs>
                <telerik:RadTab runat="server" Text="Child RadTab 1" CssClass="childNav">
                </telerik:RadTab>
                <telerik:RadTab runat="server" Text="Child RadTab 2" CssClass="childNav">
                </telerik:RadTab>
            </Tabs>
        </telerik:RadTab>
        <telerik:RadTab runat="server" Text="GROW YOUR BUSINESS"
            CssClass="unselectedNav">
            <Tabs>
                <telerik:RadTab runat="server" Text="test" CssClass="childNav">
                </telerik:RadTab>
                <telerik:RadTab runat="server" Text="test 2" CssClass="childNav">
                </telerik:RadTab>
            </Tabs>
        </telerik:RadTab>
        <telerik:RadTab runat="server" Text="INCREASE SALES" CssClass="unselectedNav"
            Selected="True">
        </telerik:RadTab>
    </Tabs>
</telerik:RadTabStrip>

c#:

protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
    {
        RadTabStrip1.Attributes["InitialTab"] = RadTabStrip1.InnermostSelectedTab.Text;
    }

The error I'm getting when I mouse out says this:

Microsoft JScript runtime error: 'parentNode' is null or not an object

I can't figure out what the issue is, any ideas?

-Kirk




Yana
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Aug 2010
3 answers
419 views
I have a RadTreeView control that is configured to Load on Demand (client side). Specifically, the TreeNodeExpandMode is "ServerSideCallBack".

I would like to be able to select the selected node upon the loading of the page. I have this working fine with a TreeView that is "fully loaded" (meaning all of the nodes are pre-loaded), but the page is very large because of the size of the treeview.

I could not find an example showing how to load only the root nodes + the nodes that need to be loaded in order to make this work. Any suggestions would be appreciated!
Nikolay Tsenkov
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Aug 2010
1 answer
94 views
I can't move my mouse over the child elements of any of the tabs except the initial tab.

code:

<telerik:RadScriptManager ID="RadScriptManager1" runat="server"></telerik:RadScriptManager>
        <telerik:RadCodeBlock ID="RadCodeBlock1" runat="server">
            
        

        <script type="text/javascript">
            /* <![CDATA[ */
            function SelectMyTab(sender, eventArgs) {
                var tab = eventArgs.get_tab();
                tab.select();
            }

            function UnSelectMyTab(sender, eventArgs) {
                var tabStrip = $find('<%= RadTabStrip1.ClientID%>');
                if (!tabStrip) return;
                //Find the element which the mouse is over
                var destElement = eventArgs.relatedTarget || eventArgs.toElement;
                if ($telerik.isDescendant(tabStrip.get_element(), destElement))
                    return;
                var initialTab = tabStrip.findTabByText(tabStrip.get_attributes().getAttribute("InitialTab"));
                initialTab.unselect();
                initialTab.selectParents();
            }
            /* ]]> */
        </script>
        </telerik:RadCodeBlock>

        <telerik:RadAjaxManager ID="RadAjaxManager1" runat="server">
            <AjaxSettings>
                <telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="RadTabStrip1">
                    <UpdatedControls>
                        <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="RadTabStrip1" />
                    </UpdatedControls>
                </telerik:AjaxSetting>
            </AjaxSettings>
        </telerik:RadAjaxManager>


        <telerik:RadTabStrip ID="RadTabStrip1" runat="server" UnSelectChildren="True"
                                OnClientMouseOver="SelectMyTab"
                                OnClientMouseOut="UnSelectMyTab"
                                ClickSelectedTab="True"
                                SelectedIndex="0"
                                AutoPostBack="True" Skin="" >
            <Tabs>
                <telerik:RadTab runat="server" Text="HOME"
                    CssClass="selectedNav">
                    <Tabs>
                        <telerik:RadTab runat="server" Text="Child RadTab 1" CssClass="childNav">
                        </telerik:RadTab>
                        <telerik:RadTab runat="server" Text="Child RadTab 2" CssClass="childNav">
                        </telerik:RadTab>
                    </Tabs>
                </telerik:RadTab>
                <telerik:RadTab runat="server" Text="GROW YOUR BUSINESS"
                    CssClass="unselectedNav">
                    <Tabs>
                        <telerik:RadTab runat="server" Text="test" CssClass="childNav">
                        </telerik:RadTab>
                        <telerik:RadTab runat="server" Text="test 2" CssClass="childNav">
                        </telerik:RadTab>
                    </Tabs>
                </telerik:RadTab>
                <telerik:RadTab runat="server" Text="INCREASE SALES" CssClass="unselectedNav"
                    Selected="True">
                </telerik:RadTab>
            </Tabs>

        </telerik:RadTabStrip>

Please help.

Thanks,

Kirk
Yana
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Aug 2010
1 answer
328 views
I want to add a serial column in the grid that is not related to database. How can I do this?
Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 09 Aug 2010
2 answers
106 views
Hi,

I thought I saw some postings for this, but I can't seem to find the keywords to find them now, so perhaps someone can remind me.

Basically, in our scheduling application, the board displays double height rows whenever there are appointments on the row. We would much prefer that it didn't do this particularly because we don't allow insert, and don't handle events on the timeslot cell.

Is there a way to stop the rows from displaying the unnescessary blank space.

Thanks.
Dave
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 09 Aug 2010
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?