Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
12 answers
1.3K+ views
Hi I am hoping for some help.

I have a grid with an editform popup (no usercontrol just edit form) after I do an update or insert I dont want to see the popup. How do I hide it?

I have tried 

grdItems.MasterTableView.ClearEditItems();

grdItems.MasterTableView.ClearChildEditItems();

grdItems.MasterTableView.ClearSelectedItems();

All of which don't work.


Can anyone help me out


Thank you!

mb
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 09 Aug 2010
6 answers
230 views
Hi,

I am using a radeditor on my page . I have a list of values in the "Insert Code snippet" .
The problem is when I try to click on the arrow of the "Insert Code snippet" , it inserts the code snippet at the beginning of the editor ,irrespective of where my cursor is located at .

I am placing my cursor in the middle of the text ,but it ends up inserting the code snippet right at the beginning instead of where the cursor is at.
I have a video of the action ,but cannot attach an avi type of file .

Thanks in advanace,

Swapna
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Aug 2010
1 answer
118 views
I have a page with more than a dozen fields, most of them are only one line, some are small like half line, all of them need to be rich text (html).

When I try to use the editor on this page, the editor is too large, taking up far more space than the fields, even with one toolbar at the top, the bottom border of the editor is huge in comparison to a one line field.

Is there some way to configure the RadEditor such that it displays the inline edit box very minimally, taking up the same space (or nearly so) as a text field? If so, then I could use the ToolbarMode with PageTop or Floating so the toolbar was reused by all the fields on the page thus not taking up space in the already cramped form.

Michael Grant
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Aug 2010
1 answer
318 views
Hi 

I  am using StripFormattingOnPaste = "css"  for removing style tags from editor content . but it is removing style tags only when we paste content on design tab of editor .

It is not removing style tags when we paste html content on the html tab of  editor .

please  do possible 

Thanks
 
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Aug 2010
1 answer
284 views
Our clients work with large text fields (greather than 150K) and occasionally have trouble saving them in RadEditor. Previous posts in this forum have mentioned that the Q2 2010 release's new capability to disable RadEditor's Undo/Redo functionality will help when working with large text fields. Here are my questions:

  1. How do you actually disable the RadEditor's Undo in the Q2 2010 release? Do you simply remove the Undo/Redo tools on the menu, or is there some other way?
  2. Once Undo is disabled, what is the maximum field size recommended with RadEditor? Is it now greater than the 100K you have recommended in the past?

Thanks,
Geoff LeBlond
Silverchair Science & Communications

Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Aug 2010
4 answers
160 views
I'm customising the toolsfile.xml with my own tool;

  <tools name="My Toolbar" enabled="true"> 
    <tool name="MyTool" text="My Tool Text" showicon="true" showtext="false" /> 
  </tools> 

I'm customising the icon with the stylesheet, which works without issue.... until i change the showtext property to true. 
At this point, the icon reverts to the default "info" icon, and my defined icon is ignored.

I'm assuming this a bug?  I'd like to show the text as well as the icon.....




Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Aug 2010
2 answers
282 views
I am saving the Content Html string in a SQL database table with a maximum length of 1,000 characters (nvarchar).

When the user is entering information into the content area, how do I warn her that she is at the maximum character limit and how do I make sure that any string truncated to 1,000 is valid Html?

Your help would be much appreciated.

Thanking you in in anticipation.

Roger
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Aug 2010
2 answers
124 views
Hi,

I use advanced edit form and has my own RadComboBox which is connected to some class data source, I want to manually save a value of that combobox to a resource, but unfortunatelly, I can't get a RadComboBox handler in Insert method. 

Please help me:
- how to get access to controls in Insert/Update mathods of advanced form
- how to get access to rasources in code behind

Lookin forward fast reply.

Best regards,
Maciej
Maciej Siwek
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 09 Aug 2010
2 answers
120 views
It would be nice to be able to modify the elements of both "DetailRowCell" (specifically "td.DetailRowCell") and "rgDetailTable".

-- 
Stuart
Stuart Hemming
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 09 Aug 2010
1 answer
137 views
Dear Readers,

i am getting error when i added radtooltipmanager :
Error :
           Cannot unregister UpdatePanel with ID 'RadToolTipManager1RTMPanel' since it was not registered with the ScriptManager. This might occur if the UpdatePanel was removed from the control tree and later added again, which is not supported.
Parameter name: updatePanel.

i am not using master page. i am using class file like master page. i am having scriptmanager but i am not having updatepanel. if there is any possibility to use tooltip manager with out updatepanel.


Thanks in Advance.


Ragards,
Kalai
Svetlina Anati
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Aug 2010
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?