Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
2 answers
71 views
Hi there,

Inheriting RadAsyncUpload seems to break it. To reproduce it - create a class that inherits RadAsyncUpload with absolutely no code in it and try using it (in the same project). The upload control is shown but click does nothing.

Best regards,
V.
Valery
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 10 Aug 2010
0 answers
92 views
I need to control the tree view horizontal scroll so that I can view the child node completely.
I mean when I set some child node selected in javascript or c# it gets selected but the horzontal scroll is alligned to the left so I can not view the node. I want to move it to the right.
Dheeraj Khajuria
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 10 Aug 2010
4 answers
112 views
I am using RadRotator to display photos on a home page.  The site is slow to load and I think every image in the xml file feeding the rotator is loading rather than just the initial photo.  I don't want every photo in the list to have to load before the visitor sees the page.  I didn't see any reference to controlling the loading of images in the documentation. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks
Svetlina Anati
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Aug 2010
1 answer
105 views
The grid I have has a number of columns in it.  However, they should all fit into my screen without any necessary scrolling.  Sometimes it seems that it just gives "too much width" to each column when it doesn't need to.

Is there a way to have the grid columns minimize the widths so as to avoid any sort of horizontal scrolling when there doesn't need to be any?
Pavlina
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Aug 2010
3 answers
150 views
HEllo,

In my application i have created a context menu for scheduler with the option "SHOW" , "ORDER" , "COPY" and PASTE" , when i run the application ON IE7 / IE 8, and open the scheduler and do the right click , i can view all above options, and its functioning..

But when my this application on Fire fox browser , and open the scheduler and do the right click , displayed default Firefox option...

How can i view my custom context menu for Firefox???

Regards
Samir
Ingo Buck
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 10 Aug 2010
1 answer
135 views
I have a column with dynamic values that I am setting at run time in the Item_DataBound event like so:

Private Sub rgDefects_ItemDataBound(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As Telerik.Web.UI.GridItemEventArgs) Handles rgDefects.ItemDataBound
    'don't process anything other than data rows
    If e.Item.ItemType = GridItemType.Item OrElse e.Item.ItemType = GridItemType.AlternatingItem Then
        With DirectCast(e.Item, Telerik.Web.UI.GridDataItem)
            'set the UOM_Text based upon the UM based upon the UM
            .Item("UM").Text = Measure.DisplayUoM(UnitType.Linear, UserAccount.UnitSystemPreference)
        End With
    End If
End Sub

But when I edit the row, the column just displays as System.Data.DataRowView (because technically the bound column isn't bound, just change the cell contents at ItemBound).  What is the corresponding event or method I should use to control this when the row is in editmode?

Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 10 Aug 2010
7 answers
201 views
I have recently upgraded to the newest RadGrid control and am still having a problem where the grid will not expand when using Firefox but it works fine in IE 8.  I click on the expand and it does work but never expands.  I am posting my ASPX page below:

<%@ Page Language="C#" MasterPageFile="~/MasterPages/Main.Master" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeBehind="ParameterGrid.aspx.cs" Inherits="NTE.NTEx.Web.App.OptimizationScenarios.ParameterGrid" Title="Parameter" %>
<%@ MasterType TypeName="NTE.NTEx.Web.MainMaster" %>
  
<asp:Content ID="Content1" ContentPlaceHolderID="cphMain" runat="server">
<br />
<center><asp:Label ID="Label1" CssClass="NormalTextBold" runat="server" ></asp:Label></center>
       <telerik:RadGrid ID="RadGrid1" Skin="Web20" runat="server" Width="95%" AutoGenerateColumns="False" 
            OnUpdateCommand="RadGrid1_UpdateCommand"
            OnItemUpdated="RadGrid1_ItemUpdated" BorderStyle="None"
            OnNeedDataSource="RadGrid1_NeedDataSource"
            PageSize="3" AllowSorting="True" AllowMultiRowSelection="True" AllowPaging="False" GridLines="Horizontal" ShowStatusBar="true">
            <PagerStyle Mode="NumericPages"></PagerStyle>
            <ClientSettings AllowExpandCollapse="True">
            </ClientSettings> 
            <MasterTableView DataKeyNames="CategoryName" AllowMultiColumnSorting="True"
                HierarchyLoadMode="Client" Width="100%" HierarchyDefaultExpanded="False">
                <DetailTables>
                    <telerik:GridTableView DataKeyNames="ParameterId" Width="100%" EditMode="InPlace">
                        <ParentTableRelation>
                            <telerik:GridRelationFields DetailKeyField="CategoryName" MasterKeyField="CategoryName" />
                        </ParentTableRelation>
                        <Columns>
                            <telerik:GridEditCommandColumn UniqueName="EditCommandColumn"></telerik:GridEditCommandColumn>
                            <telerik:GridBoundColumn UniqueName="ParameterId" Visible="false" DataField="ParameterId">
                            </telerik:GridBoundColumn>
                            <telerik:GridBoundColumn UniqueName="ParameterName" ReadOnly="true" HeaderText="Name" HeaderButtonType="TextButton"
                                DataField="ParameterName">
                            </telerik:GridBoundColumn>
                            <telerik:GridBoundColumn UniqueName="ParameterDescription" ReadOnly="true" HeaderText="Description" HeaderButtonType="TextButton"
                                DataField="ParameterDescription">
                            </telerik:GridBoundColumn>
                            <telerik:GridBoundColumn UniqueName="DefaultValue" HeaderText="Default" ReadOnly="true" Visible="true" DataField="Initial_value"></telerik:GridBoundColumn>
                            <telerik:GridBoundColumn UniqueName="MinimumValue" HeaderText="Minimum" ReadOnly="true" Visible="true" DataField="Minimum_value" HeaderStyle-HorizontalAlign="Right" ItemStyle-HorizontalAlign="Right" ></telerik:GridBoundColumn>
                            <telerik:GridBoundColumn UniqueName="ParameterValue" HeaderText="Value" HeaderButtonType="TextButton"
                                DataField="ParameterValue" HeaderStyle-Font-Bold="true" HeaderStyle-HorizontalAlign="Right" ItemStyle-HorizontalAlign="Right" ItemStyle-CssClass="NormalTextBold" >
                            </telerik:GridBoundColumn> 
                            <telerik:GridBoundColumn UniqueName="MaximumValue" HeaderText="Maximum" ReadOnly="true" Visible="true" DataField="Maximum_value" HeaderStyle-HorizontalAlign="Right" ItemStyle-HorizontalAlign="Right"></telerik:GridBoundColumn>
                       </Columns>
                        <SortExpressions>
                            <telerik:GridSortExpression FieldName="ParameterName"></telerik:GridSortExpression>
                        </SortExpressions>
                         <EditFormSettings ColumnNumber="1" CaptionFormatString="Edit details for optimization scenario with ID {0}"
                                CaptionDataField="ID">
                            <FormTableItemStyle Wrap="True"></FormTableItemStyle>
                            <FormCaptionStyle CssClass="EditFormHeader"></FormCaptionStyle>
                            <FormMainTableStyle GridLines="None" CellSpacing="0" CellPadding="3" Width="100%" />
                            <FormTableStyle GridLines="Horizontal" CellSpacing="0" CellPadding="2" CssClass="module" Height="110px" Width="100%" />
                            <FormTableAlternatingItemStyle Wrap="False"></FormTableAlternatingItemStyle>
                            <FormStyle Width="100%" BackColor="#eef2ea"></FormStyle>
                            <EditColumn UpdateText="Update record" UniqueName="EditCommandColumn1" CancelText="Cancel edit"></EditColumn>
                            <FormTableButtonRowStyle HorizontalAlign="Left" CssClass="EditFormButtonRow"></FormTableButtonRowStyle>
                        </EditFormSettings>
                   </telerik:GridTableView>
                </DetailTables>
                <Columns>
                    <telerik:GridBoundColumn UniqueName="CategoryName" HeaderText="Category" HeaderButtonType="TextButton"
                        DataField="CategoryName">
                    </telerik:GridBoundColumn>
                </Columns>
                <SortExpressions>
                    <telerik:GridSortExpression FieldName="CategoryName"></telerik:GridSortExpression>
                </SortExpressions>
            </MasterTableView>
        </telerik:RadGrid>
</asp:Content>
Radoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Aug 2010
2 answers
237 views
Hi Guys,

I am using RadFileExplorer and want to display a confirmation message for all the duplicate files which already exists on the server.

How i can achieve this.

I am using custom DB file storage.

Below is my control declaration.........

 

<

 

telerik:RadFileExplorer ID="RadFileExplorer" Skin="Windows7" Configuration-MaxUploadFileSize="10485760" DisplayUpFolderItem="false" runat="server" OnClientFileOpen="OnClientFileOpen" OnClientItemSelected="OnClientItemSelected" OnItemCommand="RadFileExplorer_ItemCommand">

 

 

 <Configuration ViewPaths="~/Dummy" UploadPaths="~/Dummy" DeletePaths="~/Dummy" />

 

 

</telerik:RadFileExplorer>

or if someone can tell me any way by which i can display a confirmation message saying "some of your file were not uploaded".

Thank you

Tarun Juneja

 

 

 

 

 

 

Tarun Juneja
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 10 Aug 2010
1 answer
197 views
Where can I download the RadEditor MOSS Edition Version 4.51?  I see 4.50 and 4.52, but not 4.51.  Thank you.  AJ
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Aug 2010
1 answer
86 views
On clicking of Today or Tomorrow link buttons I want today's date or tomorrow's date to be filled in RadDate picker text box and in the RadDatePicker.
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 10 Aug 2010
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?