Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
128 views
Hello guys;

I'm a Silverlight/WPF developer. Although as of VS2010, we get a nicer designer in VS2010 for creating the UI, but mostly people use Expression Blend for the ultimate UI design.

I may have to jump on an ASP.Net project (which I'm trying to learn fast), my question to you dev guys, what's the preferred IDE for designing the pages and development, in particular using Telerik ASP.net controls? VS2010 or Expression Web or what?

Thank you in advance!
..Ben
Dimo
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Aug 2010
1 answer
136 views
I have a RadGrid in which one of the columns is a Delete column that removes the record it is associated with.  I notice there is a few seconds of lag time between the time I click the Delete button and when the page refreshes to actually show the grid with the record removed, I would like to include some type of progress bar or other icon that displays in that span of time between clicking and page refresh so that users aren't tempted to navigate away from the page while the record is being deleted.  The GridButtonColumn for performing this operation is outlined below.

<telerik:GridButtonColumn HeaderText="Drop Ticket" Text="Drop" CommandName="Delete" UniqueName="Drop" ConfirmText="Are you sure you want to drop this ticket?" ConfirmTitle="Drop Ticket" ConfirmDialogType="RadWindow" >
</telerik:GridButtonColumn>
Martin
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Aug 2010
1 answer
103 views

I have an instance of the radwindowmanager on a master page and use the following code in the content pages to open various windows

var wnd = window.radopen(path, null);
wnd.setSize(w, h);
wnd.center();
wnd.setActive(true);
wnd.add_close(OnDetailClose);

In IE8, this works fine and the modal windows shows with the gray background as seen in screenshot1IE.png. when I execute the same code in firefox/safari, I get screenshot2FF.png

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Aug 2010
3 answers
178 views

How can I find the control from the radmultipage view using client side?

The following is what I was trying to do and the code I am using.  The code and logic works fine except the  item # b

1) I have a data entry screen with radtabstrip and radmultipageview.
2) When user chooses to validate the page.  I have a backend process (huge) to identify the errors.
3) If any errors, I would populate the error grid on the screen.  I was trying to accomplish the following.

    a. When the grid is being loaded, I am highlighting the control label with red font so user knows the error items. 
         –The  code  works     good.

         
         Dim errorTab As RadTab
         errorTab = RadTabStrip1.FindTabByText("tabName")
          If Not errorTab Is Nothing Then
               errorTab.ForeColor = Drawing.Color.Red
          End If
   
          Dim myControl1 As Label = CType(RadMultiPage1.FindControl("SCREEN_CONTROL_label"), Label)

          If Not myControl1 Is Nothing Then
                 myControl1.ForeColor = Drawing.Color.Red
          end if

     b. I have linkbutton as one of the grid column, when user clicks on it; 
          user should be able to navigate to the related control on the page.

      <script type="text/javascript">
                                             
         function NavigateToErrorItem(elmName, parentTabName){
                                                   
        var tabStrip = $find("<%= RadTabStrip1.ClientID %>");
         var parentTab = tabStrip.findTabByText(parentTabName);
              if (parentTab)
                {                                                       
                       parentTab.select();
                 }
                    
                                                                        
                 id = elmName;
                                             
                  var elm = $find(id);
                  alert(elm);
                                                                                      
                       if( null == elm )
                            {
                                                   
                               elm = document.getElementById(id);
                                  if( elm )
                                   {
                                     elm.focus();
                                   }
                            }
                        else if( null != elm )
                            {
                                                      
                                if( elm.get_inputDomElement )
                                      {
                                          elm = elm.get_inputDomElement();
                                      }
                                          elm.focus();
                            }
                                                                                    
             }
                                                                                                                                 
             </script>

At first I have experimented on the standalone page which worked fine with just findcontrol and $find. My standalone page has RadTabStrip and RadMultipageView too.  But when I have integrated on my main app both item #a and item #b were not able to find the control. I have chagned item # a to use “RadMultiPage1.FindControl”, it solved the problem but not able to convert client side to do the same I have tried "var elm = $find(parentTab.elmName);"  which gave me an error.

Thank you in advance.

Yana
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Aug 2010
5 answers
157 views
Hello, guys.
How do I control the height of nested view?
I would like it to change its height according to its content.

With respect, Sergey.

Dimo
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Aug 2010
5 answers
226 views
I have a RadGrid with maximum of 2000 elements and page size is 200. I can't change the page size.
The grid has 30 columns.
On IE6, it takes 5 seconds to render this grid. On IE7/FF3 it is better, but still takes 1-2 s to render.
It is a client rendering problem, because this time of 5 seconds is between the data is shown in the grid and the time when you may action on the grid.
Also, the grid has a horizontal scroll and while rendering, it display all the columns and no scrolling bar, which is ugly.
What i may do to improve the rendering time.
1. It must be 200 rows on a page.
2. the grid definition:
AllowFilteringByColumn="True"
                AllowMultiRowSelection="True" AllowPaging="True" AllowSorting="True" EnableAJAX="True"
                GridLines="None" Skin="Blue" AutoGenerateColumns="False" OnNeedDataSource="lgSelectGrid_NeedDataSource"
                EnableAJAXLoadingTemplate="True" EnableOutsideScripts="False" PageSize="200"
                Height="400px" EnableViewState="true" Width="100%" meta:resourcekey="lgSearchedGridResource1"
                OnSelectedIndexChanged="lgSearchedGrid_SelectedIndexChanged" OnPageIndexChanged="lgSearchedGrid_PageIndexChanged"
                OnSortCommand="lgSearchedGrid_SortCommand">
                <ClientSettings EnableClientKeyValues="True">
                    <Selecting AllowRowSelect="True"></Selecting>
                    <Scrolling AllowScroll="True" UseStaticHeaders="True"></Scrolling>
                    <Resizing AllowColumnResize="True"></Resizing>
                </ClientSettings>
                <ItemStyle Wrap="True"></ItemStyle>
                <FilterItemStyle Wrap="True"></FilterItemStyle>
                <MasterTableView OnPreRender="lgSearchedGrid_PreRender" DataSourcePersistenceMode="NoPersistence"
                    DataKeyNames=Id1,Id2 TableLayout="Fixed" Width="100%">
                    <RowIndicatorColumn Visible="False">
                        <HeaderStyle Width="20px"></HeaderStyle>
                    </RowIndicatorColumn>
                    <ExpandCollapseColumn Visible="False" Resizable="False">
                        <HeaderStyle Width="20px"></HeaderStyle>
                    </ExpandCollapseColumn>

Any suggestion will be great.
Thanks.
Dimo
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Aug 2010
1 answer
88 views
Datasource to my grid is a colleciton of Object. which has child objects. How do I bound the col to Chidobject Property?
Martin
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Aug 2010
5 answers
371 views
Hi,

i have install the latest telerik asp.net ajax radcontrol. the previous version 2009 which i implement was working fine with respect to Grid Column Width, i.e the width of the column was getting resized as per column data, however with 2010 Q1 version now all the grids column has got the equal or same size.

kindly help me on this.

Dimo
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Aug 2010
7 answers
244 views

I get "Error loading RadChart image." error when i browse a page that has chart control in it. This is trial version and i am middle of evaluating the product on widows xp. I search through forum here but that did not solve my issue because i do not have session tag in web.confg. I gave aspnet user full control on site to see if this is a permission issue.
Version: 2008.2 723 Released:7/23/2008

Here is sample code:

<

telerik:RadChart ID="radChartByModelCode" Width="900px" Height="500px" Skin="Web20" runat="server"></telerik:RadChart>

I also tried setting UserSession="false" but same error.

Kannadasan
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 11 Aug 2010
1 answer
189 views
Anybody come across this behavior? I have implemented a RadGrid inside a RadAjaxPanel. I have enabled sorting and paging and everything works fine. I was surprized to find very few examples of how to get the PageSize combobox to work with paging and sorting, even though it is in almost every RadGrdi demo one the Telerik site. Anyway, after a lot of digging, I found an incomplete example which I implemented as follows in my code-behind:

Protected

 

Sub PageSizeChanged(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As GridPageSizeChangedEventArgs) Handles _  
                                                                    RadGrid1.PageSizeChanged

 

 

   RadGrid1.DataSource = myDataSource

 

   RadGrid1.PageSize = e.NewPageSize

 

   RadGrid1.DataBind()

 

End

 

Sub

The problem is that this event does not only fire when I change the page size by changing the selection in the page zie combobox in the footer of the grid, but it fires approximately every 3 seconds, even when I am on a different page in my project. It is almost like the page refreshes every few seconds. And it keeps doing it. When I am on my grid page and I change the page size, my grid never actually finishes loading--my RadAjaxLoadingPanel just keeps spinning indefinitely.

 

Pavel
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Aug 2010
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?