Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
242 views
hello,

I have stuck... when i using radconfirm passing value 'true' or 'false'...

ex.
i have :
1. RadGridView 'RadGrid1' with data source available.
2. Button 'DeleteBtn'.

when 'DeleteBtn' clicked :
Dim _JS As String = "radconfirm('Selected : (" & RadGrid1.SelectedItems.Count.ToString & ") item Are you sure delete ?', CallBackDelete, 330, 100, null, 'Delete');"
 
If Not (_JS Is "") Then
ScriptManager.RegisterClientScriptBlock(Me.Page, Me.[GetType](), e.Item.Text.ToString & "_JScript", _JS, True)
End If

then, at _Default.aspx javascript :
function CallBackDelete(arg) {
   radalert('choose : ' + arg.toString());
}

all function above is running normaly, 

But, i want run my module named as 'BLL' function create with VB .NET script with reference by CallBackDelete 'true' or 'false'...i'm stuck on here problem how? from javascript access VB .NET function ?
if there is no method get passing radconfirm true, or false in vb.net for radconfirm other than using the javascript for radconfirm?

thanks.
Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 11 Aug 2010
1 answer
72 views
I have updated a cell text in my Radgrid by
1. finding out the selected row and then the particular cell
2. setting the text property of cell to some new value

RadGrid1.SelectedItems[0].Cells[RadGrid1.SelectedItems[0].Cells.Count - 1].Text = tbxEditRowWghtg.Text +

 

" %";

 


the problem is the new value only gets displayed when i select another row or when a postback is fired

how do i make it display the new value after closing my popup form?


note that i purposefully didn't use the automatic update command in radgrid for a reason... so what I have done is I've allowed row click selection and then i open a modalpopup form to edit/enter new values to my grid.
Pavlina
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Aug 2010
3 answers
79 views
Hi,
I am getting the followinf error in my project. I just added already configured and running form into my application. Once after i added the file and run the same i am getting the following runtime error:

"Microsoft JScript runtime error: 'Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManager' is null or not an object"

I dont know why this error caused, i just added already existed file, which is featuring RadGrid control. Why this error is coming please help me.

-Thanks
Demon
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 11 Aug 2010
1 answer
69 views
Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone has been experiencing the issue we are getting since upgrading one of our projects to 2010 Q1.

Since we have upgraded we have found all our rad windows in Firefox 3.6.8 have a white background around them. (see screenshots attached)

This only occurs in FireFox all other major browsers work with no problems. I've tried removing all stylesheets from my template while trying to debug the issue and with no style sheets on the page it still shows the white background.

Has anyone else experience this? and does anyone have any suggestions what could be causing this to occur?

Thanks in advance

Chris
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Aug 2010
2 answers
158 views
Hi dear,

I want to open a popup small screen on the same page. After open this small screen whole should gray color.

For example. 
When we write a New Thread on telerik forum. There is Hyperlink manager button inside text editor when i press this button a small window comes up and remaining screen become gray color. 
Same like this i want to do in my project. please guide me?
mohsinjk jk
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 11 Aug 2010
1 answer
123 views
Hi Experts,

I have a requirement where i have nested Sub objects and need to bind that to the treeview.
This nested sub object contains self reference of Parent and child ids.
Need to confirm whether current Treeview supports this?

Thanking You,
Aayam Singh
Yana
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Aug 2010
1 answer
149 views
I used example from http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/grid/examples/performance/linq/defaultcs.aspx to cache a data. I added just OrderBy="Name"  to LinqDataSort. When ASP.NET form is opened first time everything is good but after paging the sort order is not right. As I understand the issue Linq does OrderBy just when querying data from the database.  How to resolve this issue?  I have to keep the column Name sorted all time.

<asp:LinqDataSource ID="LinqIdDataSource" runat="server" AutoPage="false"
    TableName="V_ID_Dailies" Select="new (ID, Name)"
     ContextTypeName="IdLookupDataContext"
    OrderBy="Name" OnContextCreating="LinqIdDataSource_ContextCreating"
    OnSelected="LinqIdDataSource_Selected" OnSelecting="LinqIdDataSource_Selecting">
</asp:LinqDataSource>


Oleg
Nikolay Rusev
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Aug 2010
1 answer
126 views
My RadGrids have static headers and i am freezing the first 2 columns.
In Firefox and IE8, the radgrids are very smooth in their scrolling and everything is rendering excellently.
When I switch to IE7 compatibility mode, (or other coworkers view the site in old IE7), the header grid lines are overlapping on top of each other.

I can post my code if you all need to see it, but perhaps this is a simple fix that I am just not getting...

screen shots attached

thanks for any help!
Dimo
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Aug 2010
3 answers
239 views
I have a need to display a hierarchical grid on a touch-screen. The customer is requesting that the size of the buttons be larger for this purpose. I have tried overriding the image size using the following CSS override:

div.RadGrid .rgExpand,
div.RadGrid .rgCollapse
{
    height:32px;
    width:32px;
}

which works, however the image is located on the top left corner. It would be nicer if it were centered. Is there a better way of accomplishing this? if not is there a way to center the image?

Thanks, Steve
Dimo
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Aug 2010
3 answers
172 views
when i use the grid with with scroll that the headrer is static  "<Scrolling AllowScroll="true" UseStaticHeaders="true" />"
there is a shift between the header and the data  columns .
i use "RTL" language  and my telerik version is  "2009.1.402.20"  and the runtime version is "v2.0.50727".
when i remove the  UseStaticHeaders="true"  everything work fine, and it also work good with IE7.

here is an example code of my problem :

<%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true"    CodeBehind="Default.aspx.cs" Inherits="WebApplication1._Default" %>
<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" TagPrefix="telerik" %>

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" >
<head runat="server">
    <title></title>
    <telerik:RadCodeBlock id="rcb" runat="server">
      <script type="text/javascript" language="javascript">
    function pageLoad() {
   // if ($telerik.isIE7 || $telerik.isIE6)
   //          document.body.setAttribute('dir', 'rtl');
     //   var arr = document.getElementById("<%=gvToDoList.ClientID%>");
       
}
  </script>
 </telerik:RadCodeBlock>
</head>
<body  dir="rtl"  >
    <form id="form1" runat="server"  >
   
    <telerik:RadScriptManager ID="RadScriptManager1" runat="server" />
    <telerik:RadAjaxManager ID="RadAjaxManager1" runat="server" >
            <AjaxSettings>
               <telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="gvToDoList">
                <UpdatedControls>
                    <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="gvToDoList"  LoadingPanelID="RadAjaxLoadingPanel1"/>
                </UpdatedControls>
            </telerik:AjaxSetting>
            </AjaxSettings>
        </telerik:RadAjaxManager>
       
               <telerik:RadGrid ID="gvToDoList" Skin="Office2007" runat="server"
                            BorderStyle="Solid" BorderWidth="1px" AllowSorting="True" Width="100%" Height="400px" CellSpacing="1"
                       AllowFilteringByColumn="True"  AllowPaging="True" PageSize="25"   EnableAJAX="True" ShowStatusBar="True"    AutoGenerateColumns="False" meta:resourcekey="gvToDoListResource1">
                              <MasterTableView AutoGenerateColumns="false" EditMode="InPlace" AllowFilteringByColumn="True" 
                    >
                                <Columns>
                                   
                                   
                                    
                                    <telerik:GridBoundColumn    HeaderStyle-Width="100PX" FilterListOptions="VaryByDataTypeAllowCustom"    FilterControlWidth="70px"   DataField="candName" AllowSorting="true" SortExpression="candName"
                                        HeaderText="candName"   >
                                    </telerik:GridBoundColumn>
                                    <telerik:GridBoundColumn   HeaderStyle-Width="100PX"  FilterControlWidth="70px"   AllowSorting="true" DataField="JobName" SortExpression="JobName"
                                        HeaderText="JobName" meta:resourcekey="BoundFieldResource2">
                                    </telerik:GridBoundColumn>
                                    <telerik:GridBoundColumn HeaderStyle-Width="100PX"  FilterControlWidth="70px"   AllowSorting="false" DataField="VacancyName" HeaderText="VacancyName "
                                        >
                                    </telerik:GridBoundColumn>
                                    
                                </Columns>
                            </MasterTableView>
                            <ClientSettings >
                                <Selecting AllowRowSelect="true"  />
                                <Scrolling AllowScroll="true" UseStaticHeaders="true"  ></Scrolling>
                            </ClientSettings>
                             <PagerStyle Mode="NextPrevAndNumeric"     VerticalAlign="Top" Height="40px"     PagerTextFormat="" />
                          
                        </telerik:RadGrid>
                     
               <telerik:RadAjaxLoadingPanel HorizontalAlign="Center" valign="middle"   Transparency="50"    ID="RadAjaxLoadingPanel1" runat="server">
             </telerik:RadAjaxLoadingPanel>
    
    </form>
</body>
</html>




Thanks
Dimo
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Aug 2010
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?