Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
3 answers
97 views
I have bunch of RadControls on my page and then each control calls the seperate JS file that it require for its functionality. So, having number of them on page calls many .js files
Do we have a way to reduce the number of .js calls so that they can be collaborate into 1 js call ......thats it !

Thanks !
Sabby
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 24 Aug 2010
2 answers
138 views
There seems to be a problem with the RadDatePicker in multiple versions of Internet Explorer. Now I know that styling issues in IE abound, but this borders on buggy.

Procedure:
  1. Load a page containing a RadDatePicker (connected to a RadTextBox) in IE.
  2. Select the current date (the popup stays open). Select it again to make the box close.
  3. Click the Calendar icon again (DO NOT move the cursor) note that the selected date is still selected and is also highlighted.
  4. Now move your cursor without hovering over the selected date and select any other date in the same month.
  5. Repeat this process over and over and you will see that IE does not reset the highlighted dates even though the selected date changes.

Now follow this exact same procedure in Firefox. It won't take long to see that this is an IE thing.

So, how do I fix it?

Anyone else notice this?
johnv
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 24 Aug 2010
2 answers
168 views
hi,

I am using RadEditor with default toolset. The issue is, by default value of RadEditor content is EmptyString. I need to validate if user made an entry.

If I enter some data which has a line break, I am unable to remove the data completely. There is always a line break remaining (below HTML).

<p>&nbsp;</p>

I do not see this happening in demo editor, but this is something happening in all screens we are using RadEditor.

This issue is only happening in IE. It's working fine in Mozilla. As attached, I am unable to get rid of that additional line break once I delete the text.
spt3210
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 24 Aug 2010
4 answers
187 views
I hope that this will be an easy problem to solve! I have the following ComboBox in my page:

<telerik:RadComboBox ID="rcbLocation" runat="server" AllowCustomText="True" DataSourceID="sdsLocation" DataTextField="Location_Name" DataValueField="Location_ID" MarkFirstMatch="True">
</telerik:RadComboBox>

And in Page_Load() I attempt to set the value as follows (the DataBind is just there to make sure!):

rcbLocation.DataBind();
rcbLocation.SelectedValue = ReturnedData["Master_Location"].ToString();

However, even though the SelectedValue on the ComboBox is set, the Text is blank and the SelectedIndex appears to have a value of "-1".

Am I doing something incredibly stupid here, or am I required to perform some kind of work-around (as opposed to how I may handle a DropDownList, for example)? Having read other threads, I have also tried setting the SelectedIndex using the FindItemIndexByValue functionality, but this doesn't seem to work either.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks,
Jason Thacker
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 24 Aug 2010
4 answers
227 views
Hello,

I would like some direction or code samples in how to set file attributes during file uploads using FileExplorer. I was able to display the file Created Date and Owner Name attributes in the grid using the examples on this site, however, my requirement is to display the name of the user who uploaded the file (the Owner Name is always BUILTIN/Administrators).

Regards,
Leo
Aaron C
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 24 Aug 2010
1 answer
396 views
Hi,

I have a RadGrid control which I want to bind to a linq data source which uses a stored procedure.
The data bind should happen in the code behind and not on the aspx page cause I use my own filter to search on grid results.
I would appreciate a code sample.

Thanks,
Aviram 
Rosen
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Aug 2010
1 answer
68 views
Hi Telerik team

I am stuck in a hectic situation. I used a telerik Grid in my application and whenever there is no content in Details table in Grid then corresponding row's Arrow is displaying but i want it to be not visible.

Wherever  if we have content in details table then arrow is displaying which is fine for me.

Regards
Manmeet Singh
Pavlina
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Aug 2010
1 answer
100 views
Hi Telerik:
     I have a radgrid with detailtable,which RowDblClick event in ClientEvents. I hope RowDblClick  event only work on detailtable,do not work when I double click mastertable row , how to do it? thank you !

<ClientEvents  OnRowDblClick="RowDblClick1"   OnHierarchyExpanding="HierarchyExpanding" OnHierarchyCollapsing="HierarchyCollapsing" ></ClientEvents>

best regards
tony
Pavlina
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Aug 2010
1 answer
115 views
I'm looking to adjust the H1 tag formatting using the editor.  When I put <h1>content</h1> tags around the content, the text size goes to 32px and there is a big space above and below the content.  I realize this is because the h1 tags are set a certain way, but is there any way to override the h1 tag formatting?
Cori
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 24 Aug 2010
3 answers
603 views
Hello,

I have a page that I had working with RadAjaxPanels, but I'm trying to re-wire it using RadAjaxManager for the sake of learning how to use that tool properly.

My page has a grid on it that refreshes itself when its command buttons are clicked.  The page also has a popup window, and when the user updates information on the popup window, it calls a refresh() javascript function on my main page, which calls the ajaxRequest function of the RadAjaxPanel, which updates the grid.  This all works great.

Now that I'm trying to re-wire it with a RadAjaxManager, I'm trying to reproduce this functionality.  Unfortunately, the refresh() javascript function that I have now changed to call the RadAjaxManager1.ajaxRequest() function does nothing.  The AjaxRequest code never gets called.

Then I thought maybe if I called ajaxRequestWithTarget and used the grid object as my target, that would produce the correct results.  Unfortunately while I can see that the event is firing because the grid shows the loading panel for a moment, the data is not refreshing.  After looking through all the documentation and examples, I'm confused.  I can't figure out what C# event fires when doing an ajaxRequestWithTarget event.  Nothing in your examples specifies the event to be called.  What grid event gets fired when I use it as the target?

Thanks!
Cori
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 24 Aug 2010
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?