Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
5 answers
153 views
Hi
Is it possible to customize Y Axis for a Gantt (or rather any chart type) Chart like the images attached?

Thanks

Any Update?
Giuseppe
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Aug 2010
1 answer
223 views
Hi,

Looking to replace a web download system with RadFileExplorer and was wondering if there are any limits on the file size downloaded and what types of files can be downloaded?  I need to be able to download large video files (some over 1GB) and possibly other files (excel, word, text, etc.).  The demos seem to just use images.  My current solution loads the file into memory so it can control the file name and content type to force the download (so it doesn't open in the browser).  But my system doesn't work with loading large files into memory and is not very efficient.

Please advise,
-Jim
Fiko
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Aug 2010
4 answers
167 views
Hello,

I was wondering if there is any sample code for using a lookup table to  select an item that gets inserted filter textbox. I couldn't find in demos.

Thanks,


Tareq Mahmud
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 24 Aug 2010
2 answers
127 views
Hello,

My explorer root directories are based upon a user managed config file. It can happen that the directory is incorrect/removed whatever. this creates an ugly error;
How can I show a userfriendly message that the directory does not exist?
And/or how can I force the explorer to show an empty directory?

I tried
return new DirectoryItem("Invalid directory", string.Empty, "/", "tag", PathPermissions.Read, null, null);
but that shows the root directory.

Any ideas?
Thanks
Marco
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 24 Aug 2010
1 answer
331 views
Hello,

I have RadGrid binded to the data source (DataSet). DataSet have 2 tables unrelated to each other.
I want to export each table to separate sheets. Is it possible?

Another question - can I change sheet name? Right now it is derived from file name. I want to be able to specify it myself.


Thank you,

Andrei
Daniel
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Aug 2010
1 answer
191 views

I'm using a nested view, where all the data (columns) required already exist in the master grid's data source, so I do not need to use a separate datasource or query for the nested view.
However, when I expand my nested view for a row, it always displays data for the FIRST row no matter which row I expand.

Frustratingly my edit form, which basically performs the same function, returns the correct data for the selected row.

Have Telerik accounted for the possibility that all the data required can come from the grid's data source, or is this a limitation of the control?

Thanks,

Shane

Rosen
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Aug 2010
3 answers
125 views
I've got a site which exposes a folder with ascx controls, and I'd like the users to be able to download, modify, and reupload them

How can this be done with the RadFileExplorer, an idea?  Dbl clicking the file gives a 404...I've got the mime type set as text/plain for .ascx

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Steve
Fiko
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Aug 2010
2 answers
143 views
Hi,

We have a couple of issues with JQuery.

1. I use JQuery to do data validation, it works ok. However after I add radAxajManager for UpdatePanel, JQuery data validation only works at the first time when page is firstly load.I believe the binding has been lost after UpdatePanel postback. Then I bind Jquery data Validation In pageLoad in javascript, the binding works and Jquery data validation has been invoked, however Jquery data validation does not work well. When data validation fails, it was supposed to stop page postback to server side, however it does postback to server side.

2. We use gridview to contain data, then we add JQuery right click plugin library to invoke contextmenu, Jquery right click works well except for the first time. When we first time right click the gridview, IE menu shows up instead of contextmenu. It seems the Jquery adding event does not work for the first time.

3. We start to use telerik Autosize function to size widget, it works ok except for many jQuery stopping working.

Please advise how to solve these conflicts between telerik controls and Jquery.

Thanks,

Yao
Fiko
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Aug 2010
3 answers
218 views
Hi,

I am admittedly a RadChart newbie so I hope that my problem doesn't draw too many sighs and head-nods.

My goal is to put up a point chart with two series.  The first series contains a bunch of x/y coordinates from an SQL view.  The second series should consist of only one point in the average(x)/average(y) position.  I am close but something is wrong.  On my ASPX page I have this:

<asp:SqlDataSource ID="dsBeliefMap" runat="server" ConnectionString="<%$ ConnectionStrings:Databaseaipoll1 %>"></asp:SqlDataSource>
<telerik:RadChart ID="RadChart1" SkinsOverrideStyles="true" PlotArea-XAxis-MinValue="0" PlotArea-XAxis-MaxValue="1" PlotArea-YAxis-MinValue="0" PlotArea-YAxis-MaxValue="1" Legend-Visible="true" runat="server" DatasourceID="dsBeliefMap" ChartTitle-TextBlock-Text="Belief Map" DefaultType="Point" Width="300" Height="275">
<Series>
<telerik:ChartSeries Name="Votes" Type="Point" DataYColumn="CertaintyPercent" DataXColumn="SupportPercent" DefaultLabelValue=""></telerik:ChartSeries>
 
</Series>
</telerik:RadChart>

In my VB codebehind, I have this:

dsBeliefMap.SelectCommand = "SELECT SupportPercent, CertaintyPercent FROM vwSearch WHERE SearchID = " & CStr(Session("CurrentSearchID"))
 
Dim AverageBelief As New ChartSeries
AverageBelief.Name = "Average"
AverageBelief.DefaultLabelValue = ""
AverageBelief.Type = ChartSeriesType.Point
Dim avgb As New ChartSeriesItem
avgb.XValue = 0.2 ' Will replace with avg(x) value
avgb.YValue = 0.2 ' Will replace with avg(y) value
avgb.PointAppearance.Visible = True
AverageBelief.AddItem(avgb)
RadChart1.Series.Add(AverageBelief)
RadChart1.EnableAjaxSkinRendering = True
RadChart1.DataBind()

The chart does display all "Votes" series items and displays both series' names in the legend but does not display the programmatically-generated point at the .2/.2 location. 

What am I missing?

Thanks,

Paul.
Ves
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Aug 2010
3 answers
191 views
I have a RadGrid of inventory items inside a RadWindow.  I have an invoice in a second RadWindow which contains a second RadGrid.  I would like to be able to drag items from the Inventory RadWindow into the Invoice RadWindow.

Does anyone have an example of something like this?

I tried to start with a working example of drag and drop from the Telerik website and put my two grids in different RadWindows.  However, when I start the drag, it won't let me drag the item outside that RadWindow.  It's as if the parent of the items being dragged needs to somehow be parented to the root window and not the RadWindow (that's just a guess).  See the attached image.

Beyond this, I'm not sure what needs to happen on the dropping side.  It would need to get an indication on the other side that these were in fact Inventory items and the list of Items (at least the list of IDs).  Then it could add those to it's list.

Michael Grant
Veli
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Aug 2010
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?