Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
64 views
Hello,
I know hotfixes (2010.2.817.40) are available -but just wanted to know when the offical service pack will be available ?

Cheers
Sebastian
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Aug 2010
0 answers
189 views
We have the Telerik TreeView module installed on a DNN 5.04.04 Pro install.

The module displays all the pages within the site, but that is the problem.  Even pages marked in DNN not to be included in the Navigation are included in the sitemap module.  Is there a way to exclude pages from the sitemap that are not included in the main navigation of the site?  I see where you can select whether the module should hide invisible pages to normal users, but what about pages that ARE visible, but NOT part of the DNN navigation?

Also... is there a way for us to have the sitemap module display all its nodes as collapsed by default?

Thanks in advance.
SteadyRain Developer
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 24 Aug 2010
2 answers
171 views
Hi,

I have a .aspx page with web user controls loaded dynamically into a panel called Main_PH. Everything works as it should. However, when I try to introduct RadAjaxManager with loading panels things don't go so great.

Below is my code for the default.aspx page

<telerik:RadCodeBlock ID="Default_RadCodeBlock" runat="server">
  
          
        <script type="text/javascript">
            function RequestStart(sender, eventArgs) {
                var loadingImage = document.getElementById('<%= Default_RadAjaxLoadingPanel.FindControl("Image1").ClientID %>');
                var panel1 = $get("WUC_default_wuc_Panel_Loading");
                loadingImage.style.position = "relative";
                loadingImage.style.top = (parseInt(panel1.style.height) / 2) + "px";
            }
            function MyClientShowing(sender, args) {
                args.get_loadingElement().style.border = "2px solid red";
                args.set_cancelNativeDisplay(true);
                $telerik.$(args.get_loadingElement()).show("slow");
            }
  
            function MyClientHiding(sender, args) {
                args.get_loadingElement().style.border = "2px solid blue";
                args.set_cancelNativeDisplay(true);
                $telerik.$(args.get_loadingElement()).hide("slow");
            }  
    </script>  
  
  
    </telerik:RadCodeBlock>
      
      
      
</head>
<body id="home">
<form id="Default_Master_Form" runat="server">
  
    <telerik:RadScriptManager ID="Default_ScriptManager" runat="server" />
  
    <telerik:RadAjaxManager ID="Default_RadAjaxManager" runat="server" 
        DefaultLoadingPanelID="Default_RadAjaxLoadingPanel">
        <AjaxSettings>
            <telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="LinkButton_MM_Inbox">
                <UpdatedControls>
                    <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="Panel_Loading"  
                        LoadingPanelID="Default_RadAjaxLoadingPanel">
                    </telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl>
                </UpdatedControls>
            </telerik:AjaxSetting>
        </AjaxSettings>
        <ClientEvents OnRequestStart="RequestStart" />
    </telerik:RadAjaxManager>
  
    <telerik:RadAjaxLoadingPanel ID="Default_RadAjaxLoadingPanel" runat="server" Transparency="30" Skin="Default">
         <div class="loading">  
                        <asp:Image ID="Image1" runat="server" ImageUrl="~/Images/loading2.gif" />  
                    </div> 
    </telerik:RadAjaxLoadingPanel>
  
......
  
  <asp:PlaceHolder ID="Main_PH" runat="server">
            </asp:PlaceHolder>

Here is the code for the pre-render in code behind of default.aspx

protected void Page_PreRender(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {
            Default_RadAjaxLoadingPanel.OnClientShowing = "MyClientShowing";
            Default_RadAjaxLoadingPanel.OnClientHiding = "MyClientHiding";
        }


Here is the code for the .ascx page which is loaded into Main_PH

<asp:Panel ID="Panel_Loading" runat="server" CssClass="loading_panel" Height="440px">
  
                    <h2>
                        Administration</h2>
                    <div class="content_main">
  
                            <h3>
                                1. Employee Settings - Personal</h3>
                            <div>
                                <label for="empid_ti">
                                    Employee Id 
                                    <asp:Button ID="Button1" runat="server" Text="Button" CausesValidation="false"/></label>
                                <asp:TextBox ID="TextBox1" runat="server" EnableViewState="true"></asp:TextBox></div>
  
</asp: Panel>


When I click on the button LinkButton_MM_Inbox from the default.aspx page, what happens is the animation starts, finishes etc on the Panel_Loading from the .ascx and an Ajax postback happens but a new Web User Control.ascx does not appear on the page (which is what is supposed to happen).

If I change the code in the default.aspx page to this: (Main_PH instead of Panel_Loading...

<telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="LinkButton_MM_Inbox">
               <UpdatedControls>
                   <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="Main_PH"  
                       LoadingPanelID="Default_RadAjaxLoadingPanel">
                   </telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl>
               </UpdatedControls>
           </telerik:AjaxSetting>

... the Ajax postback happens, the new web user control is added as should happen but I don't get the animation in Panel_Loading.

I'm not really sure what to do?? I can't add the animations to Main_PH because Main_PH is heavily styled from the user controls and the animation will not show.

Any suggestions would be great! Thanks!

Sunny
Sunil
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 24 Aug 2010
2 answers
120 views
I have a bound FormView that contained a series of controls including a bound RadTextBox.  For usability I placed a RadPanelBar inside the FormView and within the ItemTemplate moved the textBox.  The binding no longer is respected.  Should the binding have been preserved or what steps must be done to re-establish the binding?
Regards.
Kalina
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Aug 2010
1 answer
110 views
I'm trying to create a RadGrid - and only to parent columns show Add New Record
I put a CommandItemDisplay in the GridTableView, set up the right ParentTableRelations
Protected Sub rgSpiffDetail_NeedDataSource(ByVal source As Object, ByVal e As Telerik.Web.UI.GridNeedDataSourceEventArgs) Handles rgSpiffDetail.NeedDataSource
    Dim VendorID As Integer = 0
    Dim ds As DataSet = Nothing
    Dim dt As DataTable = Nothing
 
    If rcbVendors.SelectedValue = String.Empty Then
        VendorID = Quicksilver_VendorID
    Else
        VendorID = rcbVendors.SelectedValue
    End If
    Dim ws As New CommonFunctions
    If e Is Nothing Then
    ElseIf e.IsFromDetailTable Then
        Exit Sub
    End If
    ds = ws.GetSpiffs(VendorID)
    If ds.Tables.Count > 0 Then
        dt = ds.Tables(0)
    End If
    rgSpiffDetail.DataSource = dt
End Sub
 
Protected Sub rgSpiffDetail_DetailTableDataBind(ByVal source As Object, ByVal e As Telerik.Web.UI.GridDetailTableDataBindEventArgs) Handles rgSpiffDetail.DetailTableDataBind
    Dim gdItem As GridDataItem = Nothing
    Dim SpiffID As Integer = 0
    Dim ds As DataSet = Nothing
    Dim dt As DataTable = Nothing
 
    gdItem = CType(e.DetailTableView.ParentItem, GridDataItem)
    SpiffID = CInt(gdItem.GetDataKeyValue("SpiffID"))
    Dim ws As New CommonFunctions
    ds = ws.GetItemsforSpiff(SpiffID)
End Sub
 
Protected Sub rcbVendors_SelectedIndexChanged(ByVal o As Object, ByVal e As Telerik.Web.UI.RadComboBoxSelectedIndexChangedEventArgs) Handles rcbVendors.SelectedIndexChanged
    Dim ea As Telerik.Web.UI.GridNeedDataSourceEventArgs = Nothing
    rgSpiffDetail.Rebind()
End Sub
and the code behind

<telerik:RadGrid ID="rgSpiffDetail" AutoGenerateColumns="False" AllowSorting="True" AllowPaging="True" Width="95%" runat="server" >
<MasterTableView DataKeyNames="SpiffID" CommandItemDisplay="Top" Width="100%">
    <DetailTables>
        <telerik:GridTableView Name="Items" DataKeyNames="ItemID" CommandItemDisplay="Bottom" Width="100%">
        <ParentTableRelation>
            <telerik:GridRelationFields MasterKeyField="SpiffID" DetailKeyField="SpiffID" />
        </ParentTableRelation>
        <Columns>
            <telerik:GridBoundColumn UniqueName="SpiffID" DataField="SpiffID" HeaderText="SpiffID" />
            <telerik:GridBoundColumn UniqueName="ItemID" DataField="ItemID" HeaderText="ItemID" />
            <telerik:GridBoundColumn UniqueName="KMSPartNo" DataField="KMSPartNo" HeaderText="KMS Part Number" />
            <telerik:GridBoundColumn UniqueName="LNSPartNo" DataField="LNSPartNo" HeaderText="LNS Part Number" />
            <telerik:GridBoundColumn UniqueName="Description" DataField="Description" HeaderText="Description" />
            <telerik:GridButtonColumn UniqueName="DeleteColumn" CommandName="Delete" Text="Delete" />
        </Columns>
        <EditFormSettings EditFormType="Template">
            <FormTemplate>
            <table border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="2">
            <tr>
            <td>Items</td>
            <td>
                <telerik:RadComboBox ID="rcbItems" AutoPostBack="true" runat="server" />
            </td>
            </tr>
            </table>
            </FormTemplate>
        </EditFormSettings>
        </telerik:GridTableView>
    </DetailTables>
    <Columns>
        <telerik:GridButtonColumn UniqueName="Edit" Text="Edit" CommandName="Edit" />
        <telerik:GridBoundColumn UniqueName="SpiffID" DataField="SpiffID" HeaderText="SpiffID" ReadOnly="True" />
        <telerik:GridBoundColumn UniqueName="Seq" DataField="Seq" HeaderText="seq" />               
        <telerik:GridTemplateColumn UniqueName="CashBack" HeaderText="CashBack" >
            <ItemTemplate>
                <asp:Label ID="lblCashBack" Text='<%# Bind("CashBack") %>' runat="server" />
            </ItemTemplate>
            <EditItemTemplate>
                <telerik:RadNumericTextBox ID="rntbCashBack" text='<%# Eval("CashBack") %>' runat="server">
                    <NumberFormat DecimalDigits="2" />
                </telerik:RadNumericTextBox>
            </EditItemTemplate>
        </telerik:GridTemplateColumn>
        <telerik:GridTemplateColumn>
            <ItemTemplate>
                <asp:Label ID="lblCaseDollarItem" Text='<%# Bind("CaseDollarItemDesc") %>' runat="server" />
            </ItemTemplate>
            <EditItemTemplate>
                <asp:RadioButtonList ID="rblCaseDollarItem" DataValueField="CaseDollarItem" runat="server">
                    <asp:ListItem Value="C" Text="Case" />
                    <asp:ListItem Value="D" Text="Dollar" />
                    <asp:ListItem Value="I" Text="Item" />
                </asp:RadioButtonList>
            </EditItemTemplate>
        </telerik:GridTemplateColumn>
        <telerik:GridCheckBoxColumn UniqueName="AllorByItem" DataField="AllOrByItem" HeaderText="AllItems" />
        <telerik:GridTemplateColumn UniqueName="QtytoOrder" HeaderText="Qty to Order">
            <ItemTemplate>
                <asp:Label ID="lblQtytoOrder" Text='<%# Eval("QtytoOrder") %>' runat="server" />
            </ItemTemplate>
            <EditItemTemplate>
                <telerik:RadNumericTextBox ID="rntbQtytoOrder" runat="server" />
            </EditItemTemplate>
        </telerik:GridTemplateColumn>
        <telerik:GridTemplateColumn UniqueName="DollartoOrder" HeaderText="$ to Order">
            <ItemTemplate>
                <asp:Label ID="lblDollartoOrder" Text='<%# Eval("DollartoOrder") %>' runat="server" />
            </ItemTemplate>
            <EditItemTemplate>
                <telerik:RadNumericTextBox ID="rntbDollartoOrder" runat="server" >
                    <NumberFormat DecimalDigits="2" />
                </telerik:RadNumericTextBox>
            </EditItemTemplate>
        </telerik:GridTemplateColumn>
        <telerik:GridTemplateColumn UniqueName="MinQty" HeaderText="Min Qty">
            <ItemTemplate>
                <asp:Label ID="lblMinQty" Text='<%# Eval("MinQty") %>' runat="server" />
            </ItemTemplate>
            <EditItemTemplate>
                <telerik:RadNumericTextBox ID="rntbMinQty" runat="server" />
            </EditItemTemplate>
        </telerik:GridTemplateColumn>
        <telerik:GridTemplateColumn UniqueName="MinDollar" HeaderText="Min Dollar">
            <ItemTemplate>
                <asp:Label ID="lblMinDollar" Text='<%# Eval("MinDollar") %>' runat="server" />
            </ItemTemplate>
            <EditItemTemplate>
                <telerik:RadNumericTextBox ID="rntbMinDollar" runat="server" >
                    <NumberFormat DecimalDigits="2" />
                </telerik:RadNumericTextBox>
            </EditItemTemplate>
        </telerik:GridTemplateColumn>
        <telerik:GridBoundColumn UniqueName="SpiffDescription" DataField="SpiffDescription" HeaderText="Description" >
            <ItemStyle Width="200px" />
        </telerik:GridBoundColumn>
        <telerik:GridButtonColumn CommandName="Delete" Text="Delete" UniqueName="DeleteColumn"/>
    </Columns>
</MasterTableView>
</telerik:RadGrid>
Pavlina
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Aug 2010
2 answers
115 views
Having read and re-read the forum about how it was all Words fault for pasting bullet points from MSWord into RadEditor, I spotted the ConvertWordLists option under StripFormattingOptions, which seems to work a treat, except it still seems to have all the other unhelpful MSWord formatting in the remaining content.  Is there any way to have both ConvertWordLists AND cleaner paragraph markup, etc? I want to get rid of all font and css styles and leave just clean html markup with no styles.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Andrew Johns
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 24 Aug 2010
0 answers
72 views
I'm trying to figure out the best way to store the check state of nodes.  I have the treeview being populated using a Web Service.  I've got the treeview populating child nodes on selection of parent in javascript.  

The particular scenerio I'm havving issue with is:
1.   Expand a parent node
 2.  Check some children
3.   Collapse parent node
4.  Reopen parent node & the selections are cleared (because they're reloaded in the web service)

I will also need to get all the checked values, regardless if they're expanded or not.

I have roughly 4,000 child nodes that are populated, so server-side code is really not an option.  Can I store the checked state in the web service, when an item is checked & then set the checked value on expand?

Thanks for your help.

sash

erato
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 24 Aug 2010
4 answers
170 views
Good day!
I'm new for ASP.NET AJAX and maybe it will be a very stupid question, but I try to add sorting and localization of the grid messages to my grid but I have no results =(
about localization:
I've added the folder named App_GlobalResources to my project, and added RadGrid.Main.resx & RadGrid.Main.ru-RU.resx with needed strings to this folder. (like I saw here http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet-ajax/localization-global-resources.html)
 But there is no effect =(
Should I write some usings of this resourses on the page with my grid? Or should I do something else?

about sorting:
I added AllowSorting="true" to my grid. Shoud I do something else to make me columns simple sortable? Now when I click the name of column I see the busy indicator for a while but nothing happens =(

maybe you can show me some sample with localization and very simple sorting?

great thank to you!
Daniel
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Aug 2010
2 answers
249 views
Following this documentation, I am requiring that a value be set in a Load-On-Demand RadComboBox.  Both the client and server validation events are raised when text has been entered.  If there is no text, neither the client nor the server validation events are raised.  Also of note, MarkFirstMatch = True, ShowMoreResultsBox = True, and EnableVirtualScrolling = True.

I was able to fix this problem by adding a RequiredFieldValidator in addition to the CustomValidation.  Is this by design?
Eric Villemure
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 24 Aug 2010
1 answer
103 views
I have a client-side handler for OnClientClick for a button. Here is what it looks like:

function OpenReportWindow(nCompanyID, nDetailsID) { 
    var ajaxManager = $find("<%= RadAjaxManager1.ClientID %>"); 
    ajaxManager.ajaxRequest("Save"); 
    var wnd = window.radopen("/CharitableSponsorshipsReport.aspx", null); 
    //wnd.setSize(750, 550); 
    return false; 
}

Currently the server side handler for the ajaxRequest has all of the code commented out to help solve the issue. What I see happen is that the radopen window shows and then immediately closes. If I comment out the ajaxManager.ajaxRequest code the window shows and stays. Why is this? Is there a way to do the ajaxRequest and then the radopen? The ajaxRequest server handler performs some tasks that the aspx page needs when it shows.
Cori
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 24 Aug 2010
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?