Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
61 views

Hi everyone,

 I have a radgrid with 3 checkboxes on it. When it loads it has many rows. For some of the rows the check boxes are enabled and for other they are disabled. 

 My problem is though I don't know where to put the intelligence that determines this. That is, I don't know what event to use Load, init, something else (render perhaps)? I need the user to be able to be able to see it every time the the page loads and when they postback.

 I would appreciate any advice/suggestions/simple code-samples that you may be able to offer.

Cheers,
Al.

Dimo
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Aug 2010
4 answers
197 views
Hello,
I had something very interesting occur earlier this week.  I implemented a custom HTTP module that makes all URL requests lowercase URLs (E.g. www.site.com/Folder/PAGE.aspx becomes www.site.com/folder/page.aspx) and then noticed that my RadTabStrips did not render on the page, I was wondering if this is because of a Response.End action.

So then I tried IIS 7.0's built in URLs to lowercase URL Rewriting rule and I have the same result.  I am using IIS 7.0 in Classic mode not Integrated mode.  THe URL rewriting is working fine, just not the rendering of the styling of the RadControls.

This is not isolated to just the RadTabStrip...RadDecorator and other others all have this behavior.  Many people will have this issue in all liklihood, how do I get around this?
saglam
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 25 Aug 2010
3 answers
192 views
Hi,

When going to update a recordset, I got invariably the error "The string was not recognized as a valid DateTime." using the followings;

...
  
        <telerik:GridDateTimeColumn
            SortExpression="DateUpdated"
            DataType="System.DateTime"
            HeaderText="Updated"
            DataField="DateUpdated"
            UniqueName="DateUpdated"
            DataFormatString="{0:dd/MM/yyyy}"
            ReadOnly="true">
        </telerik:GridDateTimeColumn>
  
...

If I am removing the DataFormatString, it is working perfectly.
Any idea to fix this out ?

Regards,
David
Dave
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 25 Aug 2010
4 answers
139 views
Hello,
I heard that there is an update problem with Reusable Content in RadEditor for MOSS.
Is it ok now?

Thank you.
Idan
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 25 Aug 2010
1 answer
477 views
I have a RadNumericTextBox with the OnKeyPress client event set to test for the enter key.  If the Enter key is pressed, I'd like to change the event to do as if the Tab key was pressed.

Here is the Javascript:

function testForEnter(sender, args) {
    if (event.keyCode == 13) {
        event.keyCode=9;
    }
}

Is there a way to set the keyCode and switch the event from pressing Enter to pressing Tab?

Thanks
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 25 Aug 2010
2 answers
152 views
I would like to be able to use Hierarchy mode to create several subgrids, which I have working fine.  I need, however, to enable multi-row editing on the rows in the bottom level grids. 

The problem I'm seeing is there appears to be no way to get just the items in the bottom selected grid.  I have tried waling the DetailTable.s, and those are empty, even though I have multiple rows.  I've tried the following code, and it doesn't work.  MasterTableView.Items contains my 6 top-level items.  the FirstDetailTables(0) has a count of 0 even though there is one item in it, and the second also has a count of 0 and has several items.  I have 3 total levels in my heirarchy.

foreach (GridItem item in RadGrid1.MasterTableView.DetailTables[0].DetailTables[0].Items)
{
    item.Edit = true;
}
RadGrid1.MasterTableView.DetailTables[0].DetailTables[0].Rebind();

Any help here?

Some additional information:

I have tried using RadGrd1.HierarchyItems and checking if there are no children and if true, enabling edit but that gives... weird results.

Also, I am using a CommandItemTemplate in my final GridTableView with an "Edit" button, which sends the command EditMode to the grids ItemCommand event handler, and that's where I call the above code.

I have also enabled AllowMultiRowEdit on the grid, and i'm not using Ajax if that matters.
Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 25 Aug 2010
3 answers
122 views
Hi

I have window that is opened by javascript and has autosize set to true.

<script type="text/javascript">
        function showWindow(url) { 
            var oWnd = $find("<%=RadWindowRegion.ClientID%>"); 
            oWnd.setUrl(url); 
            oWnd.show(); 
        } 
</script>

<

 

telerik:RadWindow ID="RadWindowRegion"

 

 

runat="server" style="z-index:10000;"

 

 

Behavior="Resize, Close, Move" Modal="True" VisibleStatusbar="False"

 

 

AutoSize="True" Overlay="True">

 

 

</telerik:RadWindow>

 



This works fine in IE8, Firefox 3, Safari 5, Chrome etc, but has a height of zero in IE7 .  If I drag the bottom of the window frame,
it displays the content as it should. Can you suggest a fix/workaround for the dreaded IE7?

Thanks

Clive



Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Aug 2010
2 answers
310 views
I am using the following click event to fire the NeedDataSource Event handler:

 

protected void btnRecord_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)

 

{

RadGrid1.NeedDataSource+=

new GridNeedDataSourceEventHandler(RadGrid1_NeedDataSource);

 

 

 

}

and the method to bind the data is followed:


 

protected void RadGrid1_NeedDataSource(object source, Telerik.Web.UI.GridNeedDataSourceEventArgs e)

 

{

 

Contact curContact = new Contact();

 

curContact.ContactName = TextBox1.Text;

curContact.Title = TextBox2.Text;

curContact.Email = TextBox3.Text;

curContact.Phone = TextBox4.Text;

curContact.Fax = TextBox5.Text;

curContact.ContactType = Session[

"ContactType"].ToString();

 

 

 

DataTable dt = new DataTable();

 

dt.Columns.Add(

"ContactName");

 

dt.Columns.Add(

"Title");

 

dt.Columns.Add(

"Email");

 

dt.Columns.Add(

"Phone");

 

dt.Columns.Add(

"Fax");

 

dt.Columns.Add(

"ContactType");

 

dt.Rows.Add(curContact.ContactName, curContact.Title, curContact.Email, curContact.Phone, curContact.Fax,

curContact.ContactType);

RadGrid1.DataSource = dt;

 

}

But this does not seem to populate the radgrid. Am I missing anything? Any help will be appreciated.


Shamim
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 25 Aug 2010
1 answer
367 views
I can't figure out how to export a document in landscape orientation.  Can someone help me please?


<
ExportSettings ExportOnlyData="true" IgnorePaging="true" OpenInNewWindow="true"
                                                                        HideStructureColumns="true" Pdf-PageBottomMargin=".5" Pdf-PageTopMargin=".5"
                                                                        Pdf-PageLeftMargin=".5" Pdf-PageRightMargin=".5" Pdf-PaperSize="Legal">
                                                                    </ExportSettings>


Daniel
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Aug 2010
2 answers
177 views
Hello,

I have a webpage with 2 Radgrids on it. One is the master and the other the detail views.
When I click on a record on the master grid it displays all related records on the detail grid.
My question is:
When I add a new record to the detail view grid, the ID is not prepopulated for that record. Is there a way I can populate that ID field with the id from the selected record in the master grid?
For example if the master grid has customers and the details grid has orders. When I select customer 11 it shows all orders for that customer. But when I add a new order on the second grid, I would like to autopopulate the customer ID with the number 11.

Thanks in advance for any help with this.
Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 25 Aug 2010
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?