Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
4 answers
152 views
Hello,

Our application uses a RadTreeView where the node count often gets very high. The user has to be able to manipulate the structure of the tree through drag'n'drop, and by renaming and changing the icons of individual tree nodes. Some of these operations can be initiated by other controls on the page.

It is not a problem that the initial load of the page takes some time, but it is important that any further modifications to the tree happen quickly. Currently, we handle all modifications to the RadTreeView in page Postback events, which obviously makes each request/response involving the RadTreeView blow up to an unacceptable size.

Does anyone know of a good solution to this kind of problem? We are thinking about writing a lot of custom javascript code and using a custom web service instead of the postback events, but we would really like a cleaner and more general solution if that is possible. Is it somehow possible to cache the structure of the RadTreeView on the server, and only send incremental updates to the client?


Thanks,
Ulrik Rasmussen
Nikolay Tsenkov
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Aug 2010
1 answer
119 views
Hello...

I have a simple RadGrid with both AllowSorting and AllowPaging set to TRUE, but I can't seem to get both settings to work together.

For example, my RadGrid has 2 pages where I can scroll up and down between two pages (EnableAJAXScrollPaging="True").  When I click on one column to sort on the Page 1, the rows in Page 1 are sorted properly.  However, when I scroll down to Page 2, the rows in Page 2 are not sorted by the same column as in Page 1.  And then when I go back to Page 1, everything is back to unsorted.

Below is what I have in my code.  Thanks in advance.

    <radG:RadGrid ID="grdLeaves" runat="server" AllowMultiRowSelection="True"
    AllowSorting="True" EnableAJAX="True" EnableAJAXLoadingTemplate="True"
    LoadingTemplateTransparency="45" ShowStatusBar="True"
    Skin="Ice" GroupingEnabled="False" DataSourceID="SqlDSMain">
    <PagerStyle Mode="NextPrevAndNumeric" />
    <ExportSettings IgnorePaging="True" OpenInNewWindow="True" />
    <HeaderStyle BackColor="Transparent" Height="20px" />
    <ClientSettings>
        <Selecting AllowRowSelect="True" />
        <Scrolling AllowScroll="True" UseStaticHeaders="True" EnableAJAXScrollPaging="True" />
        <Resizing EnableRealTimeResize="True" />
        <ClientEvents OnGridCreated="GridCreated" OnRowContextMenu="gridLeavesMenu" />
    </ClientSettings>
    <MasterTableView DataSourceID="SqlDSMain">
        <ExpandCollapseColumn Visible="False">
        <HeaderStyle Width="19px" />
        </ExpandCollapseColumn>
        <RowIndicatorColumn Visible="False">
        <HeaderStyle Width="20px" />
        </RowIndicatorColumn>
    </MasterTableView>
    </radG:RadGrid>


Pavlina
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Aug 2010
3 answers
165 views
Hi all,

I'm trying to do sorting to a radgrid but it gives me this error: The datasource 'datasourcename' doesn't support sorting with IEnumerable data. I want to do sorting the moment the page loaded.

Regards,

_Hamda
Pavlina
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Aug 2010
1 answer
142 views
I am opening a window with RadWindow.  Inside the RadWindow I have a bunch of things including a zone that is docked inside a RadDock.  If I undock this zone, I can only move it around within the RadWindow.

How can I fix this so I can move it outside the RadWindow?

I am opening my RadWindows with radopen(page, null).  Maybe I need to open the windows differently such that the stuff inside the window is visible also to the root window?  Not sure though.

Michael Grant

Pero
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Aug 2010
0 answers
97 views
DO this component is compatible with arcgis server ADF components ?

Mohsen
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 25 Aug 2010
1 answer
637 views
Hi,

I'm using rad gridcheckboxcolumn to display pivot table data. So I was trying to create checkbox columns programatically, because table column values will not be in consistant manner. I could display the data with gridcheckboxcolumn, but its not coming in edit mode. All the chechbox results coming in disabled mode. How can make it in enable mode by default(Without edit click).

Otherwise can I try GridTemplateColumn? If so what to give for xyzTemplateColumn.ItemTemplate=???
How to create the GridTemplateColumn to handle boolean pivoted data progarmatically?
Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 25 Aug 2010
1 answer
103 views
Hello,

I have tried and searched everything in order to figure out how to hide pre-populated separator in my horizontal grid (which is loaded via XML).  I attached the picture.  Please don't mind the style, I know it's ugly, but it's what the client wants :)

Menu XML:

<Menu CssClass="RadMenu_Menu">
    <Group Flow="Horizontal">
        <Item
          Text="New"
          ImageURL="~/PresentationLayer/Images/Menu/Default/new.gif" />
        <Item
          Text="Delete Budget Split"
          ImageURL="~/PresentationLayer/Images/Menu/Default/delete.gif" />
        <Item
          Text="More Options"
          ImageURL="~/PresentationLayer/Images/Menu/Default/moreDown.gif" >
            <Group Flow="Vertical">
                <Item
                  Text="Edit"
                  ImageURL="~/PresentationLayer/Images/Menu/Default/edit.gif" />
                <Item
                  Text="Refresh List"
                  ImageURL="~/PresentationLayer/Images/Menu/Default/redo.gif" />
            </Group>
        </Item>
    </Group>
</Menu>


Thanks in advance!
Kalina
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Aug 2010
2 answers
127 views
Good Day All

In my machine i have Visual Studio 2005 and 2008 and i have Ajaxtoolkit for 3.5 and 1.0 installed on my machine and again i have Telerik Controls (2008) . Everything was working fine , but since i installed the Telerik 2010, My VS2005 Projects does not recognise ajax controls. The Update panel is not recognized , but i can still use Ajax-toolkit controls because of the RadScriptManager, So i want to use an UpdatePanel and its impossible, is there anyone who have this problem ?

Thanks
Vuyiswa
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 25 Aug 2010
1 answer
97 views
In my website i have a grid with very large amount of data.
To reduce the loading time of the page i used client side binding (Using JSON) .

I have also enabled GZIP in the server to zip the JSON respnse .But the grid is taking more time to rendering the data,
Is there any way to reduce this?
How can i enable paging and virtual scrolling in this grid?

Code

SampleService.GetData(search, onComplete, onFailed);

 function onComplete(resultObject) {
            var tableView = $find("ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder_rgSearchResult_ctl00");          
            tableView.set_dataSource(resultObject);
            tableView.dataBind();
            return false;
        }



<telerik:RadGrid ID="rgSearchResult" runat="server" Width="100%" AllowFilteringByColumn="True"
                AllowSorting="True" AutoGenerateColumns="False" GridLines="None" AllowPaging="True"
                OnNeedDataSource="rgSearchResult_NeedDataSource" PageSize="50" AllowMultiRowSelection="True"
                OnPageIndexChanged="rgSearchResult_PageIndexChanged" ShowStatusBar="True" EnableViewState="False"
                CssClass="gridHome">
                <MasterTableView Width="100%" AutoGenerateColumns="false" AllowFilteringByColumn="True"
                    EnableViewState="False">
                    <RowIndicatorColumn>
                        <HeaderStyle Width="20px"></HeaderStyle>
                    </RowIndicatorColumn>
                    <ExpandCollapseColumn>
                        <HeaderStyle Width="20px"></HeaderStyle>
                    </ExpandCollapseColumn>
                    <Columns>
                    -----------
                    -----------
                    -----------
                    </Columns>
                </MasterTableView>
               
                <ClientSettings Scrolling-AllowScroll="true" Scrolling-ScrollHeight="500px">
                    <DataBinding EnableCaching="True">
                    </DataBinding>                  
                    <Scrolling UseStaticHeaders="true" />                  
                </ClientSettings>
            </telerik:RadGrid>


Pavlina
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Aug 2010
1 answer
157 views
Hi,
I am using the purchased version (2010.2.713.20) of Rad Controls. I want to have the functionality for user to click on any date on the RadCalendar and then drag through the RadCalendar to select all desired dates.
Can I do this? If yes then please guide me in doing this.


Thanks
Dimo
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Aug 2010
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?