Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
177 views
Hi,
in Rad Spell they have given the Add Custom option  using which we can add our words to the dictionary. suppose my requirement is i have added some words into the dictionary,but unfortunately i had entered the wrong words into the dictionary now i want to edit those words or remove those words from the dictionary. how can i do it. my doubt is , is there any way of providing Remove button on the RadSpell.
Thanks,
BVSRao.
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Aug 2010
1 answer
119 views
how to remove all windows from RadWindowManager ???
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 30 Aug 2010
3 answers
244 views
Scenario:

2 RadGrids

Users can page both RadGrids, and both are AJAXIFIED on themselves, so paging throws up the loading panel overlayed on the grid and done through the ajax call. RadGrid1 rows can be dragged to RadGrid2. Doing so then shows the loading panel overtop both grids, which is fine. the problem is when paging RadGrid1, the loading panel gets displayed overtop RadGrid 2. Now, I understand this is happening because of my AjaxManager updatecontrols code, having RadGrid1 updating itself and RadGrid2.

Is there a way to say "if only paging (or any particular action) RadGrid1, only show its loading panel and not the loading panel for RadGrid2? In essence, it would be conditionally showing the loading panels for the Grids.

 AjaxManager code is below.

<telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="RadGrid1">
           <UpdatedControls>           
               <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="RadGrid1" LoadingPanelID="RadAjaxLoadingPanel1" />
               <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="RadGrid2" LoadingPanelID="RadAjaxLoadingPanel1" />                   
           </UpdatedControls>
   </telerik:AjaxSetting>  
 <telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="RadGrid2">
           <UpdatedControls>                   
               <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="RadGrid2" LoadingPanelID="RadAjaxLoadingPanel1" />                     
           </UpdatedControls>
   </telerik:AjaxSetting> 

Thanks.
Dimo
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Aug 2010
1 answer
264 views
Hi
    We have TooltipManager on master page. The page inheriting master page has image which is binded to Tooltipmanager on master page. I want to show/hide tooltip on button click event which does postback after click. After clicking button, TargetControls of ToolTipManager are added/cleared. This doesn't work  when page is kept in UpdatePanel with UpdateMode=Conditional. The tooltip keeps on displaying on mouseover(should be removed when Hide button clicked).
The client side code for master page is:
    
<telerik:RadScriptManager ID="RadScriptManager1" runat="server" >               
                         
            </telerik:RadScriptManager>     
        <asp:ContentPlaceHolder ID="cpHolder" runat="server">
          
        </asp:ContentPlaceHolder>
        <table runat="server">
            <tr runat="server">
                    <td colspan="2" id="tdAddToolTip" runat="server">
                       <telerik:RadToolTipManager runat="server" ManualClose="true" Position="Center" ManualCloseButtonText="Close" 
                                 ID="rdToolTipManager"   Height="200" Width="350"
                            RelativeTo="Element"   OnAjaxUpdate="OnAjaxUpdate"  ContentScrolling="Default"
                        Skin="Telerik" />
  
                    </td>
                </tr>
        </table>
The server side for master page is:
           protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {
            rdToolTipManager.TargetControls.Add("ctl00_cpHolder_img", true);
        }
  
        protected void OnAjaxUpdate(object sender, ToolTipUpdateEventArgs args)
        {
            Label tooltipLabel = new Label();
            tooltipLabel.Text = "Hey it works!!!";
            args.UpdatePanel.ContentTemplateContainer.Controls.Add(tooltipLabel);
        }
The page client side code is:
<asp:UpdatePanel ID="UpdatePanel1" runat="server" UpdateMode="Conditional" >
        <ContentTemplate>
            <asp:ImageButton ImageUrl="~/Images/btn_graph.gif" ID="img" runat="server" />
            <asp:Button ID="btnHide" runat="server" OnClick="btnHide_Click" Text="Hide" />
            <asp:Button ID="btnShow" runat="server" OnClick="btnShow_Click" Text="Show" />
        </ContentTemplate>
            <Triggers>
            <asp:AsyncPostBackTrigger ControlID="btnHide" EventName="Click"></asp:AsyncPostBackTrigger>  
             <asp:AsyncPostBackTrigger ControlID="btnShow" EventName="Click"></asp:AsyncPostBackTrigger>      
       </Triggers>
       </asp:UpdatePanel>
& the server side for the page is:
           protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {
        }
        protected void btnHide_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {
            ((Telerik.Web.UI.RadToolTipManager)(this.Page.Master.FindControl("rdToolTipManager"))).TargetControls.Clear();
        }
        protected void btnShow_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {
            ((Telerik.Web.UI.RadToolTipManager)(this.Page.Master.FindControl("rdToolTipManager"))).TargetControls.Add(img.ClientID, true); ;
        }

Please let me know if anyone knows or faced this issue earlier. Is there any other way to remove/show tooltip?

Warm Regards
Veenu
Fiko
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Aug 2010
1 answer
152 views
Does anyone out there have a webdav provider by any chance? :)
Fiko
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Aug 2010
1 answer
190 views
I apologize for posting what amounts to "Can someone help me code this", but after nearly a days worth of effort I have not made much progress. Below are the code snippets I have right now. What I am essentially trying to do is present the user with a RadListView of all of the data objects (this part is work) and nested inside each listing is a grid with the contents of a generic collection of strings.

The class looks like this:

 

 

string _Key;

 

 

 

string _PreferredWindowsStringIdentifier;

 

 

 

string _PreferredUnixStringIdentifier;

 

 

 

List<TestAutomationWebservice.Translations> _Strings;

 

 

 

int _Count;

 


And there is a collection of these objects (generic List<>).

Below is the code for the RadListView (with a nested RadListView that displays the data I am trying to get into the grid).

<asp:Panel ID="Panel1" runat="server">
        <telerik:RadListView ID="RadListView1" Width="97%" AllowPaging="True" runat="server"
            AllowSorting="true" DataKeyNames="Key" ItemPlaceholderID="ProductsHolder">
            <LayoutTemplate>
                <fieldset style="width: 760px;" id="FieldSet1">
                    <legend>Duplicate Strings</legend>
                    <asp:Panel ID="ProductsHolder" runat="server" />
                    <table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%;" style="clear: both;">
                        <tr>
                            <td>
                                <telerik:RadDataPager ID="RadDataPager1" runat="server" PagedControlID="RadListView1"
                                    PageSize="30">
                                    <Fields>
                                        <telerik:RadDataPagerButtonField FieldType="FirstPrev" />
                                        <telerik:RadDataPagerButtonField FieldType="Numeric" />
                                        <telerik:RadDataPagerButtonField FieldType="NextLast" />
                                        <telerik:RadDataPagerPageSizeField PageSizeText="Page size: " />
                                        <telerik:RadDataPagerGoToPageField CurrentPageText="Page: " TotalPageText="of" SubmitButtonText="Go"
                                            TextBoxWidth="15" />
                                        <telerik:RadDataPagerTemplatePageField>
                                            <PagerTemplate>
                                                <div style="float: right">
                                                    <b>Items
                                                        <asp:Label runat="server" ID="CurrentPageLabel" Text="<%# Container.Owner.StartRowIndex+1%>" />
                                                        to
                                                        <asp:Label runat="server" ID="TotalPagesLabel" Text="<%# Container.Owner.TotalRowCount > (Container.Owner.StartRowIndex+Container.Owner.PageSize) ? Container.Owner.StartRowIndex+Container.Owner.PageSize : Container.Owner.TotalRowCount %>" />
                                                        of
                                                        <asp:Label runat="server" ID="TotalItemsLabel" Text="<%# Container.Owner.TotalRowCount%>" />
                                                        <br />
                                                    </b>
                                                </div>
                                            </PagerTemplate>
                                        </telerik:RadDataPagerTemplatePageField>
                                    </Fields>
                                </telerik:RadDataPager>
                            </td>
                        </tr>
                    </table>
                </fieldset>
            </LayoutTemplate>
            <ItemTemplate>
                <div style="float: left;">
                    <table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" style="width: 100%; height: 100px">
                        <tr>
                            <td style="width: 75px">
                                String:
                            </td>
                            <td>
                                <%# Eval("Key") %>
                            </td>
                        </tr>
                        <tr>
                            <td>
                                Quantity:
                            </td>
                            <td>
                                <%# Eval("Count") %>
                            </td>
                        </tr>
                        <tr>
                            <td>
                                <telerik:RadListView ID="lvTest" runat="server" ItemPlaceholderID="holder" DataSource='<%# Eval("Strings") %>'>
                                    <LayoutTemplate>
                                        <asp:Panel ID="holder" runat="server" />
                                    </LayoutTemplate>
                                    <ItemTemplate>
                                        <tr id="row" runat="server">
                                            <td>
                                            </td>
                                            <td>
                                                <%# Eval("Identifier")%>
                                            </td>
                                        </tr>
                                    </ItemTemplate>
                                </telerik:RadListView>
                            </td>
                        </tr>
                        <tr>
                            <td>
                                <hr />
                            </td>
                            <td>
                                <hr />
                            </td>
                        </tr>
                    </table>
                </div>
            </ItemTemplate>
        </telerik:RadListView>
    </asp:Panel>

Now, what I am trying to do is get a RadGrid in place of the nested RadListView because I need to allow programatic access to each element of each collection.

Essentially, a user within the UI will be setting the preferred item in the grid for each collection. So, a particular object in the collection might look like this:

Key: "Test"
Count: 15
List<object>

Within the object there is a string ("Identifier") that I am using amoung other properties.

"001"
"002"
"003"
"004" ...

Within the grid of each ListView item, the end user will select one of the grid items ("001", "002", etc...) and then that setting will be handled on the back end.

Although I get get the "displaying" of my data within nested RadListViews, I cannot for the life of me get the data into a grid, regardless of how I try to bind it in code behind (or in the page).

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Jim
Iana Tsolova
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Aug 2010
1 answer
102 views
Hi

I'm getting Rtf content from Database and assign this content to one string and then assign this string into rad editor ..

but i'm getting ? this symbol in Rad content Where ever i've null space.

See attached Images..

Please Give me the Solutions

as soon as ...

Regarads,
Ashok Anbarasu
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Aug 2010
1 answer
230 views
Hi,

In my SQL DB, I have a column as VarBinary and stored .TIF images.  I tried to use RadBinaryImage but it gives blank.  Does RadBinaryImage support TIF image?

Thanks,
Tom
Rosen
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Aug 2010
4 answers
376 views

Hello,

I am using <EditItemTemplate> in my radgrid and want to adjust the layout of the edit form table column cells. The problem is that I want to set the horizontal and vertical attributes of the cells that hold the item label and the input control.

So for example, currently the label is centered and the input control looks like it is aswell, so when there is multiple rows (for example, in the below code they get 'Name' and 'Description' fields to edit) they do not line up well in the edit form.

For example, what I want to be able to do is set the label (header?) to align to the right, and the input control (textbox) to align to the left. This would make a clean and consistent look to all the edit rows.

I have tired all types of things and have affected just about everything else, including the form that holds the edit rows, but could not figure out how to affect the actual cells of the edit rows.

Here is the vb radgrid code:

 

 

 

 

 

<telerik:RadGrid ID="sections" runat="server" GridLines="None" Skin="Office2007"
                    OnItemDataBound="section_ItemDataBound" OnNeedDataSource="section_NeedDataSource"
                    AutoGenerateColumns="False" OnDeleteCommand="sections_DeleteCommand" OnInsertCommand="sections_InsertCommand"
                    OnUpdateCommand="sections_UpdateCommand">
                    <ExportSettings ExportOnlyData="True" HideStructureColumns="True" IgnorePaging="True"
                        OpenInNewWindow="True">
                    </ExportSettings>
                    <MasterTableView CommandItemDisplay="Top" CommandItemSettings-AddNewRecordText="Add Section"
                        ItemStyle-HorizontalAlign="Left" AlternatingItemStyle-HorizontalAlign="Left"
                        DataKeyNames="sec_id">
                        <CommandItemSettings AddNewRecordText="Add Section"></CommandItemSettings>
                        <Columns>
                            <telerik:GridBoundColumn UniqueName="sec_id" HeaderText="ID" DataField="sec_id" Visible="false"
                                ReadOnly="true">
                            </telerik:GridBoundColumn>
                            <telerik:GridTemplateColumn HeaderText="Name" UniqueName="label" ItemStyle-Width="300">
                                <EditItemTemplate>
                                    <asp:TextBox ID="label_edit" runat="server" Text='<%# Bind("label") %>' Width="400"
                                        MaxLength="250"></asp:TextBox>
                                    <asp:RequiredFieldValidator ID="RequiredFieldValidator1" runat="server" ErrorMessage="(required)"
                                        ControlToValidate="label_edit"></asp:RequiredFieldValidator>
                                </EditItemTemplate>
                                <ItemTemplate>
                                    <a href='/view/Default.aspx?sec_id=<%#DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem, "sec_id") %>'>
                                        <%#Eval("label")%></a>
                                </ItemTemplate>
                            </telerik:GridTemplateColumn>
                            <telerik:GridTemplateColumn HeaderText="Description" UniqueName="description">
                                <EditItemTemplate>
                                    <asp:TextBox ID="description_edit" runat="server" Text='<%# Bind("description") %>'
                                        Width="400" TextMode="MultiLine" Rows="2"></asp:TextBox>
                                </EditItemTemplate>
                                <ItemTemplate>
                                    <asp:Label ID="description_view" runat="server" Text='<%# Eval("description") %>'></asp:Label>
                                </ItemTemplate>
                            </telerik:GridTemplateColumn>
                            <telerik:GridButtonColumn CommandName="Edit" Text="Edit" UniqueName="EditSection"
                                ItemStyle-Width="30" ItemStyle-HorizontalAlign="Center">
                            </telerik:GridButtonColumn>
                            <telerik:GridButtonColumn CommandName="Delete" Text="Delete" UniqueName="DeleteSection"
                                ItemStyle-Width="40" ItemStyle-HorizontalAlign="Center">
                            </telerik:GridButtonColumn>
                        </Columns>
                    </MasterTableView>
                </telerik:RadGrid>

 

 

 

Dimo
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Aug 2010
2 answers
57 views
Hi,

Can the column widths be changed when editing the details of a record? By that I mean, if you have a master details scenario and the edit button is clicked on the master record, a detail record of several columns is displayed for edit. The column widths in the details record all seem to be the same size and I can't seem to figure out how to modify the column width. I.e. I may have a detail item that is a textbox that can be 200 characters long. Also in the details I have a "Notes" text area. I would like that to be several rows high. Can this be done with the defualt set up of the radgrid? I understand that I could specify a table but I just wondered if there was an easier way using the telerik:GridBoundColumn, telerik:GridTemplateColumn of the Columns section of the MasterTableView section of the RadGrid

Thanks
Dan R.
Dan
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 30 Aug 2010
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?