Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
7 answers
500 views
I have a form that is split up into multiple tabs (with a RadTabStrip and a RadMultiView).  for other reasons I have to have a postback when the user switches tabs, and the user can switch tabs and cause several postbacks before the form is saved.

I have a RadUpload on the 1st tab.  When I browse for a document, then switch tabs, then come back to the 1st tab, the RadUpload is empty as if I never browsed for a document.   I tried a regular asp:FileUpload control and it behaves the same way.

Is there a way to make it "remember" between postbacks which document I chose? Or am I limited to saving the uploaded document right away with the 1st postback after the user chooses a document?

Thanks in advance.
Vasssek
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 29 Aug 2010
1 answer
107 views
Hai,

I have a combobox. I have written javascript for client side events, followed the same as described in telerik support site. But unfortunately, clients side events are not firing. Please help me.

Thanks & regards,
Regeesh
sitefinitysteve
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Veteran
 answered on 29 Aug 2010
2 answers
64 views
Hi,

Have a button 'Show All' inside CommandItemTemplate of the grid.
On click of that button, need to show all grid data into single page without paging.

If anybody has code for this please share with me.

 Button to show all grid data in a sigle page
naimish
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 28 Aug 2010
0 answers
71 views
HI,
The radmenu link can't show chinese?
eg. the link is xxx.com/動作 wll change to xxx.com//%e5%8b%95%e5%85%a5 ?

who can help me?

ray
kk
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 28 Aug 2010
6 answers
699 views
Hi,

I am puzzled: Why does exporting to excel takes such a looooooooong time?

Getting data from database into a DataTable takes 5 seconds. Then I bind RadGrid to this DataTable in server side (RadGrid visible = false). Now it takes more than a minute to export it to excel (until I get the save/open file prompt). Is there any way to directly export DataTable to Excel? If, not is there any way to make export to excel much faster.

Here's the code (RadGrid's visibility is set to false, just exporting data from user selected dropdowns to excel):

            RadGrid1.AutoGenerateColumns = true;
            RadGrid1.DataSource = myDataTable; //from database
            RadGrid1.DataBind();

            RadGrid1.ExportSettings.ExportOnlyData = true;
            RadGrid1.ExportSettings.Excel.Format = GridExcelExportFormat.ExcelML;           
            RadGrid1.MasterTableView.ExportToExcel();

Any help and/or suggestions is deeply appreciated!

Thanks
Daniel
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Aug 2010
4 answers
145 views
Hi,
I am trying to integrate the RadEditor in Sharepoint 2010 using visual studio 2010, but i can't get the control to fully work.
I created a visual webpart and added the control to the user control.  After that i added the xml to the manifest so it could load the telerik.web.Ui.dll, using the  new package editor of visual studio 2010.
Edited webconfig file and changed the Trust level to Full and added the httphandlers and handles for the dialog to work . 
The editor shows up and it works but the dialogs don't, table wizard for example gives-me an error  forbidden. (It gives a 404 without the httphandler and handles.)
Since i could be doing something wrong somewhere,  does someone knows what is the correct way to integrate the Telerik Asp.net ajax controls in SharePoint 2010, in my case i want use them in webparts. Thanks.
Poonam
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 27 Aug 2010
0 answers
72 views
Hi All,
  I have 2 panels. left one has a tree, and right one has user control that has a rad grid.

One node click i am updating the rad grid. I do not wish to update the rad grid on Node expand or collapse events of the rad tree control.
Basically whatever is there in the rad grid needs to stay like that and not update on tree node expands and collapse.
I have RadAjax manager on this page enabled.

Can anyone help me with this.

Really appreciate your help.

Thanks,
sayak
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 27 Aug 2010
9 answers
542 views
I'm binding my Pie chart to a list of objects that have two properties, Name and RowCount. The pie image renders correctly in that the slices are divided up based on the value of the RowCount property. However, the legend labels say Item 1, Item 2, etc.

How do I get it to use the value of the Name property for the legend label text?

Thanks,
Ross
Tony Ser
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 27 Aug 2010
3 answers
217 views
I want to set a date as the x-axis, either declaratively or programmatically.

For example: I have a datatable with two colums:

Column 1 - ID="ScoreDate" DataType="DateTime"
Column 2 - ID="Score" DataType="int"

The data in ScoreDate is not incremental, eg, the dates can be 12/08/2010, 15/08/2010, 22/08/2010.

I want to set the x-axis values to be the dates but i am having all sorts of trouble.

Any help would be appreciated.
Antony
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 27 Aug 2010
2 answers
148 views
I have a treeview. The user fills out data for node #1. However, before saving the data, the user tries to skip to node #3. I am currently displaying a msg to the user if they haven't saved the data for node #1, but if the nodes are more than 1 node apart, all I can do is go to the previous node (node #2). This works fine if the nodes are in succession, but in this case they are two nodes apart. 

Under this circumstance, I would like the app to make the treeview stay at node #1 (the original node).

How can this be accomplished? 
Bill
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 27 Aug 2010
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?