Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
5 answers
115 views
Hello,

i´m testing the telerik radgrid webpart, this webpart is connected to a sharepoint 2010 list, everything works perfect just a couple of issues.

1)Is it possible to change the language(strings) of the filter options. Actually is in English and we need them to be in spanish.
2)The sharepoint list has a lookup field whe the list items are displayed on the grid, shows the text of the field but this contains something like Id;#Title, we would like to displayed just the title.

Thanks 

Sebastian
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Sep 2010
1 answer
93 views
Hello,

I just upgraded my Telerik controls from 2009.3.1314.35 to 2010.2.826.35.  And now the files listed in the grid do not change when I click on a new node in the tree.  The file list from the root remain in the grid regardless of which tree node I click on.

I am using the CustomFileProvider that I downloaded from the site and am sure the issue is in there somewhere, but I have not been able to find it as of yet.  Has anyone else seen this issue?
Fiko
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Sep 2010
1 answer
59 views
Hi
I am trying to create a hierarchical grid that has depth of up to 10.
Each level have two detail tables. Is there a way to define a template for these tables (i.e. define columns) so I don't have to define the same thing 10 times?

Thanks
Naho
Iana Tsolova
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Sep 2010
1 answer
134 views

I need guidance on how best to create a self-referencing hierarchy grid where the datasource is delegate that returns an IList<>.

Once my mastertables rows are retrieved, I am able to expand the rows, which causes the NeedDatasource event to be fired where I attempt to grab that rows dependent objects and set the datasource to them, but the detail view is always empty.

I am guessing at this point I am going about this the wrong way and am hoping you can point me in the right direction.

Thanks!

Here is the grid:

<telerik:RadGrid ID="rgDependentObjects" runat="server" AllowCustomPaging="True" 
        AllowMultiRowSelection="True" AllowPaging="True" AutoGenerateColumns="False"
        GridLines="None" OnItemCreated="rgDependentObjects_ItemCreated" OnDetailTableDataBind="rgDependentObjects_DetailTableDataBind">
        <PagerStyle BackColor="White" Mode="Advanced" ShowPagerText="false" Position="Bottom" />
        <MasterTableView AllowCustomSorting="True" datakeynames="ParentObject.ID,DependentObject.ID" EditMode="InPlace"
                         HierarchyDefaultExpanded="false" HierarchyLoadMode="ServerOnDemand">
            <SelfHierarchySettings ParentKeyName="ParentObject.ID" KeyName="DependentObject.ID" />
            <Columns>
                <telerik:GridClientSelectColumn HeaderText="Delete">
                    <ItemStyle Width="6px" />
                </telerik:GridClientSelectColumn>
                <telerik:GridHyperLinkColumn DataNavigateUrlFields="ParentObject.ID" 
                                             DataNavigateUrlFormatString="riskAssetDetail.aspx?LinkID={0}"   
                                             DataTextField="ParentObject.Name" 
                                             HeaderText="Name" 
                                             SortExpression="ParentObject.Name">
                </telerik:GridHyperLinkColumn>                                                                
                <telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="ParentObjectType" DataType="System.String" SortExpression="ObjectType" HeaderText="Object Type" />                                    
            </Columns>
        </MasterTableView>
        <ClientSettings AllowExpandCollapse="true">
            <Selecting AllowRowSelect="True" />
        </ClientSettings>
</telerik:RadGrid>

The Datasource for the mastyer table in rgDependentObject is:
private IList<TruComply.DomainObjects.ScopeObjectDependency> GetDependentObjectsForAsset(out int totalRecords, TruComply.DomainObjects.Interfaces.ICriteria criteria)
{
    //get the collection from the manager and return
    //return scopeManager.GetDependentObjectsForAsset(currentAssetID, out totalRecords, criteria);            
    criteria = CriteriaBuilder.CreateCriteria(ExpressionBuilder.Is("DependentObject.ID", currentAssetID));
    criteria.And(ExpressionBuilder.IsNot("ParentObjectType", "AssetGroup"));
    return scopeManager.GetScopeObjectDependencies(out totalRecords, criteria);
}

The NeedDatasource event:
protected void rgDependentObjects_DetailTableDataBind(object source, Telerik.Web.UI.GridDetailTableDataBindEventArgs e)
{
    //get the detail vie's parent item
    GridDataItem dataItem = (GridDataItem)e.DetailTableView.ParentItem;
    if (e.DetailTableView.Name == "")
    {
        int totalRecords = 0;
        ICriteria criteria = CriteriaBuilder.CreateCriteria(ExpressionBuilder.Is("DependentObject.ID", dataItem.GetDataKeyValue("ParentObject.ID").ToString()));
        criteria.And(ExpressionBuilder.IsNot("ParentObjectType", "AssetGroup"));
        IList<ScopeObjectDependency> scopeObjectDependencies = scopeManager.GetScopeObjectDependencies(out totalRecords, criteria);
        e.DetailTableView.VirtualItemCount = scopeObjectDependencies.Count();
        e.DetailTableView.DataSource = scopeObjectDependencies;
    }
}

Iana Tsolova
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Sep 2010
1 answer
215 views
Hi Sir,

How to Set RadTimePicker Start Time And  End Time Through Client Side.

I want to Set  RadTimePicker Start Time And  End Time Of Other RadTimePicker  ClientEvents-OnDateSelected.

I have ( From Time )  And ( To Time ) Two RadTimePicker.
I want when From Time select by user then (To time ) RadTimePicker has always start Time is greater Then TO TIME.


Thanks
Chandan Kumar 
Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 02 Sep 2010
1 answer
77 views
Hi,

I've got a page that uses the RadTabStrip control.

I have an issue where users with IE are reporting they cannot right-click a tab and choose "open in new tab" option.

I've tested this and can confirm this, however, this functionality works fine in Firefox.

example: right-click of RadTabStrip in firefox
http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/958/screenshot20100902at105.png
open link in new tab and new window are available.

example: right-click in IE on a non-radtabstrip control
http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/958/screenshot20100902at105.png
open link in new tab and window are available.

example: right-click in IE on a RadTabStrip control.
http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/958/screenshot20100902at105.png
no option to open in new tab or window.

Here is the HTML i've used for the control
<telerik:RadTabStrip ID="RadTabStripNav" runat="server" ontabdatabound="RadTabStripNav_TabDataBound" Skin="fleet" EnableEmbeddedSkins="False"></telerik:RadTabStrip>


Any help on how to get this working properly in IE, would be greatly appreciated

Cheers

Chris
Kamen Bundev
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Sep 2010
1 answer
182 views
Hai,

I have a calendar. I have written some code in in the selectionchanged event. If I click on one date, first time it returns the correct clicked date. But if I click on the same date once more, it returns '1/1/0001 12:00:00 AM' instead of the clicked date. Plz help me. I want to get the clicked date when I click on a date irrespective of the number of times I click on a date.

Thanks & regards,
Regeesh
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 02 Sep 2010
1 answer
246 views
Hi,
Telerik Team

I have been using Oracle database which contains huge amount of data,i am doing search operation against one table which contains bulk data(laksh of records). So when i open, my page it is taking around 3-4 minutes to search in the database.
So Please provide me the best soluiton to access/search oracle database and complete my search operations in seconds.

Thanks in advance.
Rosen
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Sep 2010
1 answer
107 views

I'm using a RadListview with RadDataPager and it's working fine.

Now, I need to create hyperlinks to items which may be in any page of the RadListView. How can I specify the wanted item ID to display to the listview and letting it opens the right page containing it ?

Thank you

Iana Tsolova
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Sep 2010
1 answer
242 views
Hello,

I am using TabStrip and RadWindow to allow our users to open up different web pages all at once.  I am loading the window and tab dynamically on the server when the user specifies a particular option.  On the client side, I am hiding or showing the appropriate window based on the tab the user chooses.  Everything is working great, but I have come across one issue.  If I do a postback on my main page (the one containing the tabs and radwindows with the child pages), the radwindows seem to lose their contents and reload themselves.  And unfortuntely, a postback occurs each time they add a new tab.  Here is an example:

I add a new tab/window for page A, which is a search page.  On the window for page A, I do a search which brings up some results.  I then add a secondtab for page B.  Adding this tab causes the main page to post back.  After postback, when I open up page A's window, the search is gone and that page has totally reloaded.

I have tried setting 'reloadonshow' to false but have had no luck.  Is there anything I can do, or will I be forced to add the tabs and windows on the client side and prevent postback from occuring on my main page?  Also one thing to note, I have my main page wrapped in a RadAjaxPanel.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Richard
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Sep 2010
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?