This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

RadGrid WebPart Sharepoint 2010 language

5 Answers 74 Views
Grid
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Alberto
Top achievements
Rank 1
Alberto asked on 20 Aug 2010, 11:27 AM
Hello,

i´m testing the telerik radgrid webpart, this webpart is connected to a sharepoint 2010 list, everything works perfect just a couple of issues.

1)Is it possible to change the language(strings) of the filter options. Actually is in English and we need them to be in spanish.
2)The sharepoint list has a lookup field whe the list items are displayed on the grid, shows the text of the field but this contains something like Id;#Title, we would like to displayed just the title.

Thanks 

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Sebastian
Telerik team
answered on 23 Aug 2010, 04:39 PM
Hello Alberto,

Straight onto your questions:
  1. You can either modify the filtering menu options manually as explained in this topic or use ASP.NET resource files for localization as demonstrated here.
  2. To modify the text in the column headers, consider the options for auto-generated and declarative columns discussed in this help article.

Best regards,

Sebastian
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Alberto
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 25 Aug 2010, 10:19 AM
Hi 

thanks for your reply, but i´m not developing the webpart, i have one webpart provided by telerik and i would like to know if it´s possible to fix this two issues, 

Thanks
Sebastian
Telerik team
answered on 30 Aug 2010, 08:18 AM
Hello Alberto,

Regardless whether you use the ready-to-deploy RadGrid for ASP.NET AJAX SharePoint 2010 web part (shipped with the AJAX product line releases since Q2 2010) or your custom web part which wraps our AJAX grid, you will need to use the approaches depicted in my previous post to achieve your goal.

Best regards,
Sebastian
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Alberto
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 30 Aug 2010, 03:31 PM
Hi again,

as i told you before, maye source code of the be i didn´t exlplain my self properly, i just have a webpart component, i don´t have the webpart so I can´t modify anything unless it is in the properties of the webpart.

Is it possible to have the source code?
Sebastian
Telerik team
answered on 02 Sep 2010, 01:06 PM
Hello Alberto,

You should be able to reference the integrated SPRadGrid instance inside the SharePoint 2010 grid webpart we ship by:
  • performing a loop through the Controls collection of the web part instance (residing on your SharePoint 2010 page)
    and
  • referencing the control which is of type RadGrid.

For example:

//Supposing that the SharePoint 2010 grid webpart is with id TelerikSPGridWebPart
foreach(Control ctrl in TelerikSPGridWebPart.Controls)
{
  if(typeof(ctrl) is RadGrid)
  {
    //modify settings, wire grid event handlers here
    break;
  }
}

We will consider exposing public grid property of the SharePoint 2010 AJAX grid web part for the future versions which allows you to reference the grid inside the web part in more straight-forward manner.

Best regards,
Sebastian
the Telerik team
Tags
Grid
Asked by
Alberto
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Sebastian
Telerik team
Alberto
Top achievements
Rank 1