Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
10 answers
923 views

Unable to cast object of type 'System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingProfileServiceSection' to type 'System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingProfileServiceSection'


After upgrading from Q2 to Q3 following the instructions on the website (basically removing the version component from the telerik controls in the web.config and dropping the new DLLs in my bin directory I get this error message. I'm really hoping the upgrade will resolve my dialog problem (dialogs fail which is not surprising since I'm taking 404s on my calls into Dialoghandler.aspx and i"m hoping hte new DialogHandler.axd will work better).

Any clues to help me move forward on this?
David Berman
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 03 Sep 2010
3 answers
149 views

For a RadComboBox I am still having trouble with aligning the text to be indented off of the image on the selected item. I followed this example: http://www.telerik.com/community/code-library/aspnet-ajax/combobox/show-the-selected-item-image-in-input.aspx
This won't indent the text.

 

 

 

<style type="text/css">
    .cbGeographicUnit .rcbInputCell .rcbInput
    {
        padding-left: 22px;
    }
</style>
  
<tr>
    <td>
    <telerik:RadComboBox ID="cbGeographicUnit" OnClientLoad="showFirstItemImage" OnClientSelectedIndexChanging="showImageOnSelectedItemChanging" HighlightTemplatedItems="true">
                        <ItemTemplate>
                            ...
                        </ItemTemplate>
                    </telerik:RadComboBox>
         </td>
</tr>      

Kalina
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Sep 2010
2 answers
278 views
Hey Telerik Community,

I have been asked to implement Expand/Collapse row editing using the OnRowClick client event (ex: click the row once it expands, click the row again it collapses). I have the row expand working nicely.

Ex. Expand:
function RowClick(sender, eventArgs) {
    sender.get_masterTableView().editItem(eventArgs.get_itemIndexHierarchical());
}

What is its counterpart for collapsing the row using the same click event? I imagine it will have some decision logic, but am not sure what the editItem should do or what the decision tree should contain.

Ex. Expand/Collapse?:
function RowClick(sender, eventArgs) {
    if(?????)
    {
        sender.get_masterTableView().editItem(eventArgs.get_itemIndexHierarchical());
    }
    else
    {
        sender.get_masterTableView().editItem(eventArgs.get_itemIndexHierarchical()).????;
    }
}

Has anyone performed this same task? If so what was the solution?

Thanks in advance,

John
johnv
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 02 Sep 2010
3 answers
122 views
Hello, 

Currently We are using silverlight for uploading files. But seriously considering to move into radUploader (since its supports
multiple  uploading).

I'l be glade to know what are the advantages of the Raduploader vs Silverlight uploading ( specially 
considering files types supported)

Best Regard
Cori
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 02 Sep 2010
1 answer
329 views
Hi,
    I'm receiving the error message: Type or namespace name 'RadScheduler' does not exist in the namespace 'Telerik.Web.UI' (are you missing an assembly reference?) in the following code:

WidgetForm.aspx.designer.cs

/// <summary>
/// RadScheduler1 control.
/// </summary>
/// <remarks>
/// Auto-generated field.
/// To modify move field declaration from designer file to code-behind file.
/// </remarks>
protected global::Telerik.Web.UI.RadScheduler RadScheduler1;
(blue squiggly line under the "RadScheduler")


Here are the using statements:

WidgetForm.aspx.cs:     
using System;
using System.ComponentModel;
using System.Collections;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using System.Configuration;
using System.Data;
using System.Drawing;
using System.Web;
using System.Web.Security;
using System.Web.UI;
using System.Web.UI.WebControls;
using System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebParts;
using System.Web.UI.HtmlControls;
  
using Telerik.Web.UI;
using Telerik.Web.UI.Calendar;

Is there something I'm missing?  This is only my second project in which I've used telerik controls so maybe I missed something basic in the setup of the webforms?

Thanks!




IU IT Athletics
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 02 Sep 2010
2 answers
234 views
I am attempting to emulate (to some extent) the Cardview sample for the grid.  However, there are two differences that I need in my grid compared to the Cardview sample.

First, the grid as I now have displays per the screen capture below named TelerikCardviewQuestion1.gif.  As you can see, I have a wide display of an asp:label control that contains long text.  Below that I have two lines that contain a user id and a date posted.

The code in the .aspx file that displays this grid is: 
<h5><asp:Label ID="ViewCommentsHdg" runat="server" Text="Comments" Visible="false" ></asp:Label></h5>
<telerik:RadGrid ID="RadGrid2" runat="server" AutoGenerateColumns="False" AllowPaging="True" Enabled="false" Visible="false"
     GridLines="None" 
    Width="450px" EnableEmbeddedSkins="true" BackColor="#11161D" Skin="Black" OnItemCreated="RadGrid2_ItemCreated" >
<PagerStyle Mode="NumericPages" PageButtonCount="5" />
<PagerStyle Mode="NumericPages" AlwaysVisible="true"></PagerStyle>
    <MasterTableView TableLayout="Fixed">
        <ItemTemplate>
            <asp:Label ID="Image1" Text='<%# Eval("TextLangLongBody1") %>' runat="server"  />
            <div>
                <span style="font-weight: bold;"></span>
                <%# Eval("UserUName")%>
                <br />
                <span style="font-weight: bold;"></span>
                <%# Format(Eval("TextRunFromDate"), "General Date")%>
                <br />
            </div>
            <br />
        </ItemTemplate>
    </MasterTableView>
    <ClientSettings AllowDragToGroup="false">
        <Scrolling AllowScroll="true" UseStaticHeaders="true" />
    </ClientSettings>
</telerik:RadGrid>
There is also one column defined in the code behind file in the Page_Init event is:
Dim boundcolumn As GridBoundColumn
boundcolumn = New GridBoundColumn
Me.RadGrid2.Columns.Add(boundcolumn)
boundcolumn.UniqueName = "TextLangLongBody1"
boundcolumn.DataField = "TextLangLongBody1"
boundcolumn.Visible = True
boundcolumn = Nothing
RadGrid2.Enabled = True
RadGrid2.Visible = True
It seems redundant to need this code in the code behind.  Your Cardview sample does not contain it.  But If I comment out just the "column add" statements above (so that the .Enabled = True and .Visible = True are still active) then the grid displays no records what soever.  This is causing me some concern because the .aspx file contains a definition for adding TextLangLongBody1 to the grid.  I don't understand why both are needed.

Additonal issues:
(1) I would like the display of the user id and the date posted to be in a separate column from the TextLangLongBody1.  I would like these two rows to be displayed as the first column in the grid.
(2) I would like the display of the TextLangLongBody1 to be the second column in the grid.
(3) I have tried moving the asp:Label control down below the <div> containing the user id and date, but all that accomplishes is moving the text below those two fields.  It does not create a second column.

Here are my specific questions:
(1) Why does my grid require the Page_Init column definition code to work?  This is not required in your Cardview example.
(2) I think I have emulated the Cardview code exactly and yet I only get one column in the grid and not two.  Why?  Later, in another version of this same grid, I want to add an additional column containing a small display of the user's selected avatar graphic.  So I need to resolve this version now so I can build on it later.

I must be missing something really basic, but....?

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Lynn



Lynn
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 02 Sep 2010
4 answers
267 views
I use in my application a RadGrid with same Size RadWindow. I use style="width:98%; height:95%; position:absolute"  and            <MasterTableView TableLayout="Auto"></MasterTableView>  in my RadGrid and work fine. But when i try use RadWindowManager
option ShowContentDuringLoad="false" the RadGrid don't show in the first time the same way. Why?
Anybody can help me?
Christiano
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 02 Sep 2010
1 answer
88 views
Hello,

first, I'm new to the Telerik Controls.
So i have downloaded your latest Trial Edition from ASP.NET Web.UI Controls and have tried to make a little sample project with an RadMenu which loads UserControls into an asp:Panel when clicking on the Menuitem. This works fine. So i tried to use your RadGrid Control on a UserControl. Data gets loaded. Now i tried to implement some edit functions to the grid like inserts, updates and deletes.
That was the point where i get in trouble.
First, no update/insert/delete events get raised. Searching your Support Resources i found an hint for this scenario. So i Reload the UserControl in the Page Load Event when it is not loaded. At this point i get the delete event raised. But the update/insert events doesnt get raised. Moving the Reload of the Control to the Page Init Event helps here, the events gets fired, but i can not use the Page Init Event as i need some informations from the viewstate.
What can i do to fix this little problem?

Thx for support
John
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 02 Sep 2010
4 answers
209 views
OK this is a long one to explain. I have a grid that I have a custom column template that has 2 dates under one heading, but each date has to be sortable. So I followed the demo found here: http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/grid/examples/generalfeatures/columntypes/defaultcs.aspx 

That part works. The problem comes when I need to export to Excel. I am trying to export on the server side like this:
protected void btnXLS_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
    rgvNextActionDue.ExportSettings.FileName = "NextActionDue";
    rgvNextActionDue.ExportSettings.OpenInNewWindow = true;
    rgvNextActionDue.ExportSettings.ExportOnlyData = true;
    rgvNextActionDue.ExportSettings.IgnorePaging = true;
    rgvNextActionDue.ExportSettings.Excel.FileExtension = "xls";
    rgvNextActionDue.ExportSettings.Excel.Format = GridExcelExportFormat.ExcelML;
    rgvNextActionDue.MasterTableView.ExportToExcel();
}

It exports fine, but when I try to open it I get an error that says "unknown" check some temporary file at C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.MSO\SomeRandomNamedErrorFile.txt

I checked the randomly named error file and it says:
XML PARSE ERROR:  Missing end-tag
  Error occurs at or below this element stack:
    <div>
     <span>
      <table>
       <tr>
        <td>
         <nobr>

and that's it.

It took me forever to figure out that it was the buttons that let me sort the custom column that were causing the error in the first place. So I tried a couple things and finally got it to export to excel by exporting it like this:
protected void btnXLS_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
    rgvNextActionDue.ExportSettings.FileName = "NextActionDue";
    rgvNextActionDue.ExportSettings.OpenInNewWindow = true;
    rgvNextActionDue.ExportSettings.ExportOnlyData = true;
    rgvNextActionDue.ExportSettings.IgnorePaging = true;
    rgvNextActionDue.ExportSettings.Excel.FileExtension = "xls";
    rgvNextActionDue.ExportSettings.Excel.Format = GridExcelExportFormat.Html;
    rgvNextActionDue.MasterTableView.ExportToExcel();
}
for some reason it didn't like exporting the buttons using ExcelML as the format. I have no problem with exporting it as HTML, but now
the problem is that the exported excel file has the headers of the custom column backwards.

For example,
The grid has:
Period
    Start Date - End Date

The excel file has:

row1 :         Period
row2 :               -
row3:       End Date   Start Date

(obviously I added the rows as reference to which excel row they show up in)

If it helps I have the column set up like this in the aspx file:
<tlk:GridTemplateColumn UniqueName="PeriodTemplate" Groupable="false">
  <HeaderTemplate>
    <table id="tblPeriod" cellspacing="0" width="100%">
      <tr>
        <td colspan="3" align="center">
          <b>Period</b>
        </td>
      </tr>
      <tr>
        <td style="width:49%" align="center">
          <asp:LinkButton CssClass="Button" ID="btnPStart" Text="Start"
              ToolTip="Sort by Period Start" CommandName="Sort"
              CommandArgument="EvFYStart" runat="server" />
        </td>
        <td align="center" style="width:1%">-</td>
        <td style="width:50%" align="center">
          <asp:LinkButton CssClass="Button" ID="btnPEnd" Text="End"
             ToolTip="Sort by Period End" CommandName="Sort"
             CommandArgument="EvFYEnd" runat="server" />
        </td>
      </tr>
    </table>
  </HeaderTemplate>
  <HeaderStyle Width="120px" />
  <ItemTemplate>                                       
    <table cellspacing="0" width="100%" border="0">
      <tr>
        <td style="width:49%; border:0;" align="center">
           <%# Eval("EvFYStart") %>
        </td>
        <td align="center" style="width:1%; border:0;">-</td>
        <td style="width:50%; border:0;" align="center">
          <%# Eval("EvFYEnd") %>
        </td>
      </tr>
    </table>
  </ItemTemplate>
  <ItemStyle HorizontalAlign="Center" />
</tlk:GridTemplateColumn>

So if anyone has any idea of how to fix this I would appreciate any help you could provide.

Thanks,

Dustin
Dustin Dodson
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 02 Sep 2010
2 answers
119 views
Hi I'm using JSON for recovery data from the WebMethod but I wanna add telerik:rowbound for each item in the list...

The grid is empty, no have neither columns and rows, I assign the columns on the pageload, then recovery the data on the cliente side and I add rows to the grid for javascript something like this:
 
function CargarParametrosSuccess(resultado) {
          var parametros = (typeof resultado.d) == 'string' ?
                               eval('(' + resultado.d + ')') :
                               resultado.d;
  
          for (var i = 0; i < parametros.length; i++) {
              //TODO: crear Fila en grid 
              var parametro = parametros[i];
  
              var tabla = document.getElementById("rgvParametros_ctl00");
              var fila = tabla.insertRow();
  
              var celda = fila.insertCell();
              var newImage = document.createElement('input');
              newImage.type = 'image';
              newImage.src = 'Imagenes/seleccionar.png';
              celda.width = 20;
              celda.appendChild(newImage);
  
              celda = fila.insertCell();
              celda.width = 80;
              celda.innerHTML = parametro.Codigo;
  
              celda = fila.insertCell();
              celda.innerHTML = parametro.Nombre;
  
              celda = fila.insertCell();
              celda.innerHTML = parametro.Descripcion;
  
              celda = fila.insertCell();
              celda.innerHTML = parametro.Valor;
  
              celda = fila.insertCell();
              celda.innerHTML = parametro.Estado;   
          }}

 But the rows is added under the pagination buttons...

Thanks a lot for your responses.

Pedro
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 02 Sep 2010
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?