Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
75 views
In VS 2010 I get promted to upgrade my VSExtensions for Telerik Silverlight.  My current version is 2010.2.812 and when I do the upgrade I get an error saying that I need admin privileges in order to be uninstalled.

I do have admin rights, I am also using Windows 7 64bit.

Thanks,
KS
Biliana Ficheva
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Sep 2010
2 answers
152 views
Hi,

I am newbie to Telerik Asp .net controls. My company is using the latest version of Telerik Asp .net Ajax controls. 
Whenever i run the web site, I got the following errors. Could any please give me any idea about it? 

Thanks in advance.

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E; InfoPath.3)
Timestamp: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 02:24:13 UTC


Message: Object doesn't support this property or method
Line: 13462
Char: 67
Code: 0
URI: http://localhost:50450/Web/Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd?_TSM_HiddenField_=RadScriptManager1_HiddenField&compress=1&_TSM_CombinedScripts_=%3b%3bSystem.Web.Extensions%2c+Version%3d4.0.0.0%2c+Culture%3dneutral%2c+PublicKeyToken%3d31bf3856ad364e35%3aen-US%3a8f393b2b-3315-402f-b504-cd6d2db001f6%3aea597d4b%3ab25378d2%3bTelerik.Web.UI%3aen-US%3afa29fa87-3646-4a1f-8f90-45263b4e63e9%3a16e4e7cd%3a874f8ea2%3af7645509%3a24ee1bba%3a19620875%3a33108d14%3abd8f85e4%3aed16cbdc%3ae330518b%3a1e771326%3ac8618e41%3a86526ba7%3a58366029%3aaa288e2d%3ab7778d6c%3a8674cba1%3ac08e9f8a%3a59462f1%3aa51ee93e%3ae085fe68



Regards,
Nyi Nyi
nyi nyi
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 06 Sep 2010
2 answers
88 views
Wondering what namespace the RowClick commandname is in, would rather use that then the literal...all the other commands are in

Telerik.Web.UI.RadGrid


Reuven
Reuven
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 06 Sep 2010
2 answers
123 views

Hello,

i'm using telerik radupload control along with radprogess manager.

i have added extra field to file upload control using onClientAdded="addTitle" method.

i have declared one dropdown box in addtitle method.

my dropdown box requires to fetch values from code - behind.

so i have written following method to get the array in client side.

Page.ClientScript.RegisterArrayDeclaration("Type", "'1','2','3'");

when i'm trying to access alert(Type.length); it generates javascript error.
my FileUpload page is derived from master page. my master page contains the script manager.
so i tried below

ScriptManager.RegisterArrayDeclaration(this,"Type", "'1','2','3'");

but this is also not working.
when i debugged the code i got error at folowing place
if (expectedType && !expectedType.isInstanceOfType(param))

where expectedType  is an array which we declared.
param is : Telerik.Web.UI.RadFormDecorator.
i have removed FormDecorator from Master page but it does not solved the issue. next time it gives error for radprogessbar.

Please suggest some solution.

thanks
Sweta

h@r!
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 06 Sep 2010
1 answer
87 views
Hi Telerik team  ,



Hi is  this shanker i am working on telerik .My doubt is  can we filtering grid with dropdwon selected value by using javascript .How to do that please give  sample code . are any demo ...........i want client side  grid binding with filtering dropdwon selected
value .


thanks and regrads 
shanker .............



Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 06 Sep 2010
1 answer
117 views
how can i open radwindow in serverside when i click the button...
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 06 Sep 2010
5 answers
130 views
Hello, I have data coming into the scheduler that's formatted as html.  So you should be able to click of the appointment subject and follow a link.  For some reason I'm having difficulty showing the subject text as clickable, instead I have all the html markup shown.
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Sep 2010
2 answers
93 views
Hello all,
In my project, i got 3 comboboxes. When the user clicks the first combobox and chooses an item, then the second combobox is loaded with  some data. The same mechanism works just fine when the user chooses items for the first time. When the user has already choosen the items on the 3 comboboxes, and tries to change the value in one of the comboboxes, then the following code is being used:

cmbArrondisement.Items.Clear();
  
foreach (RadComboBoxItem item in Middle_Tier.SideFormFunc.ConvertToComboBoxItem Middle_Tier.SideFormFunc.LoadArrondisements(Convert.ToString(cmbMunicipality.SelectedValue))))
{
  cmbArrondisement.Items.Add(item);
}

By the time that the program reaches cmbArrondisement.Items.Clear(); command, then it freezes and after 1 or 2 minutes it unfreezes. cmbArrondisement has only 1 item.

Could you explain this problem?


Thanks in advance
Tom
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 05 Sep 2010
8 answers
457 views
Hi,
I have a hierarchical grid (version 2009.1.402.20 of Telerik.Web.UI ) where I need a expand / collapse column as the rightmost column for the master table. I need to have a particular image for expand / collapse.
I tried following code, however I am not able to get the image set for expand / collapse icons:

 

  1. With the following code, I get the expand image set at first time, but on expand / collapse, it goes off (it shows image is not available) and then onwards no image is set.

 

<Telerik:RadGrid ID="rgMyGoals" runat="server" AllowMultiRowSelection="True"

 

 

OnItemDataBound="rg_ItemDataBound"

 

 

AutoGenerateColumns="False" EnableEmbeddedSkins="False"

 

 

GridLines="None" ShowDesignTimeSmartTagMessage="true"

 

 

MasterTableView-RowIndicatorColumn-Visible="true"

 

 

MasterTableView-ExpandCollapseColumn-Display="false" ClientSettings-AllowExpandCollapse="true"

 

 

SelectedItemStyle-CssClass="GridRowSelected" ShowHeader ="false"

 

 

Skin="TP">

 

 

<ClientSettings ClientEvents-OnHierarchyExpanding="HierarchyExpanded" ClientEvents-OnHierarchyExpanded="HierarchyExpanded">

 

 

<Selecting AllowRowSelect="True" />

 

 

<Scrolling AllowScroll="True" />

 

 

</ClientSettings>

 

 

<MasterTableView DataKeyNames="GoalCategoryPK" HierarchyLoadMode="Client"

 

 

BorderWidth="0" GridLines="None" BorderStyle="None" Frame="Void"

 

 

Name="MasterTable" Width="100%" >

 

 

<DetailTables>

 

 

.
.
.
.

 

 

</DetailTables>

 

 

<Columns>

 

 

<Telerik:GridClientSelectColumn UniqueName="SelectColumn" ItemStyle-Width="5%"

 

 

ItemStyle-HorizontalAlign="Left">

 

 

</Telerik:GridClientSelectColumn>

 

 

<Telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="ObjCategory" UniqueName="ObjCategory" ItemStyle-HorizontalAlign="Left"></Telerik:GridBoundColumn>

 

 

<Telerik:GridExpandColumn ItemStyle-Width="15%" ItemStyle-HorizontalAlign="Right" ButtonType="ImageButton" Display="true" Visible="true"

 

 

ExpandImageUrl="~/expand.gif" UniqueName="ExpandCollapse"

 

 

CollapseImageUrl="~/collpase.gif"></Telerik:GridExpandColumn>

 

 

</Columns>

 

 

 

</MasterTableView>

 

 

 

 

</Telerik:RadGrid>

 


When I changed the above snippet to have ButtonType="LinkButton", I get the  '+' image set for expand as well as collapse. It does not honor the image urls which i have set for ExpandImageUrl / CollapseImageUrl.

I also tried setting these from OnInit(). However that also did not work well. Please guide me  to set and retain the Expand / Collapse images.

Thanks and Regards,
Maitreyee

Sreeram
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 05 Sep 2010
1 answer
96 views
I am trying to follow the info at http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet-ajax/grdperformingbatchupdates.html regarding batch edit updates.

Can someone explain this line to me:
SqlDataSource1.UpdateCommand = String.Format("Update Customers SET ContactName='{0}' WHERE CustomerID='{1}'", newValues("ContactName"), 

Specifically the {0} and the {1}.  My grid has 2 datakeys DataKeyNames="ContributionMasterID,EmployeeID" . I am assuming that we are updating the contactname column where the customerID is equal to either a datakey or a column. If someone can explain this I can try and implement it in my scenario.

I am just starting out so please forgive my ignorance. Thank you. 

  
STEPHEN
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 05 Sep 2010
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?