Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
10 answers
249 views
Hi,

The Rad editor does not work in firefox 3.0.
Do we the upgraded version available?
The help doc that I got says Firefox 1.5 and 2.0 are supported.

Regards,
Chetali
Mandy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 06 Sep 2010
2 answers
116 views

I want to update a Label control which is inside the same GridItem (row).

I have added the OnSelectedIndexChanged Event to the combobox but i just cannot get the current row as it's (i assume) not selected when you change the combobox index.

I just want to select a new item in the combobox and make it updates the Label1 in the same ItemTemplate (findControl i guess but as mentioned i cannot find the currently selected index.

I tried something along the following but, i am missing something.

01.Protected Sub cmbSetMarkup(ByVal sender As Object, _
02.                ByVal e As Telerik.Web.UI.RadComboBoxSelectedIndexChangedEventArgs)
03.        Dim combo As RadComboBox = DirectCast(sender, RadComboBox)
04.        Dim NewValue As String = combo.SelectedValue
05.  
06.        For Each markupItem As GridItem In RadGrid1.MasterTableView.GetItems( _
07.            New GridItemType() {GridItemType.Item, GridItemType.AlternatingItem})
08.            Dim LblPercent As Label = CType(WHATHERE.FindControl("MyPercent"), Label)
09.            LblPercent.SelectedValue = NewValue
10.        Next
11.  
12.    End Sub
El
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 06 Sep 2010
1 answer
132 views
Good morning,

I am having some strange behavior going on with some of my radGrids and was wondering if anyone could shed any light on the situation for me.  Let me first describe the set-up of pages and controls that I have going on:

I have one actual aspx page which I have a bunch of controls nested within, just call this page the Display Page.
I have 1 tabstrip which has multiple tabs, just call this the Tab Strip.
2 of the tabs on that Tab Strip are nearly identical in content so I wanted to remove the identical grid control from the markup from each and create a custom control from it.  Refer to the two tabs as Tab A and Tab B and the "extracted"/custom-control grid as just Grid X.

I have tried two different set-ups and have gotten the same result:

First, within the Tab Strip on the Display Page, I had the another custom control specific to Tab A and within that custom control, I then nested the custom control containing Grid X inside of that.  I followed this same set-up for Tab B.

Second, I removed that "middle layer" so that within Tab A itself, it simply contained the custom control containing Grid X (a.k.a. no custom control specific to Tab A in the middle).  I followed this same set-up for Tab B.

The problem then would come on ANY postback from the custom control (Grid X).  Upon the Refresh, Filter, etc click from either tab, the actions would only be applied to Tab B (Tab As actions effected Tab B, Tab Bs actions effected Tab B).  I believe this may be from the javascript that is generated when these controls are rendered and since everything in Tab B is rendered after Tab A, it seems that some of Tab A's stuff is being overwritten with Tab B stuff. 

Any ideas?
Pavlina
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Sep 2010
3 answers
209 views

In the column, I had set <nobr> so that it will have only 1 column if i dragged the column width to smaller. But when mouseover the link, the tooltip become <nobr>XXXXX.doc</nobr> not XXXXX.doc. How do I remove the <nobr> or remove the tooltip but still preserve to 1 row event the width turn smaller.

Thanks in advance.

<telerik:GridHyperLinkColumn DataNavigateUrlFormatStringa.aspx?id={0}"
    DataNavigateUrlFields="ID" DataTextFormatString="<nobr>{0}</nobr>" DataTextField="Filename"
    HeaderText="<nobr>Filename</nobr>" UniqueName="Filename" SortExpression="Filename">
</telerik:GridHyperLinkColumn>
jing
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 06 Sep 2010
1 answer
278 views

I'm using a web usercontrol with fields to edit an XML file. I have an "Edit" link on this usercontrol to edit a radgrid on this parent usercontrol by opening a child radwindow then in the child radwindow i save the values and close the child radwindow. The problem I'm having is that the values are saved are refreshed in the parent window and the grid is populated with the new values but the values that I had in the form in other fields get lost because a full postback is caused. Is there a way I can only refresh the grid only on the parent usercontrol instead of refreshing the whole parent. I'm using the following JavaScript to open the radwindow then refresh the parent after the child window is closed.

Code to open the child radwindow

function openDevDealTailredPopup(tailoredIndex) {

    var oWnd = radopen(“blabla”, "RadWindow1");

    oWnd.set_modal(true);

    oWnd.SetWidth((document.documentElement.clientWidth) * (95 / 100));

    oWnd.SetHeight((document.documentElement.clientHeight) * (80 / 100));

    oWnd.center();

   

}

The code that closes the child radwindow and refreshes the parent usercontrol

function GetRadWindow() {

    var oWindow = null;

    if (window.radWindow) oWindow = window.radWindow;

    else if (window.frameElement.radWindow) oWindow = window.frameElement.radWindow;

    return oWindow;

}

 

function CloseRadWindow() {

 

    var oWindow = GetRadWindow();

    oWindow.opener = "x";

    oWindow.Close();

     OnClose();

 }

 

            

function OnClose() {

    var oWnd = GetRadWindow().BrowserWindow;

    oWnd.location.href = oWnd.location.href;

}

 

I would appreciate your help on this matter.
Thanks
Nasiem
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 06 Sep 2010
9 answers
652 views
Hi,

I want to export content from RadEditor to PDF/DOC file and save it on server. Now this is not possible becouse:
a) I can only initate request that will allow user to save file by using ExportToPdf function, will be great to have another function for example: GetContent(Format.PDF) and receive Stream or byte[] content.
b) PDF export is very limited (no tables, header, footer etc).. do you have any timelines for making export more powerful?

At the moment only solution is to use 3rd party libraries, please think about that.

Best regards
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Sep 2010
1 answer
84 views
Hi, I' trying your schedule, I using timelineView and i have a one question.

It need to grou by "City" but I wan't to displays city's on the top and date on left.

                        Citi 1                Citi 2
01/01/2001
02/01/2001
03/01/2001
...

It's posible?

Thanks,
Alfons
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Sep 2010
1 answer
126 views
Hi
I have been through this demo of Grid.
I have created ParkingVisit.aspx form where in I am accepting some visitor information.
I managed to create ParkingVisit.cs file for ParkingVisit.asmx.
But I do not know much about it.
Can you draw some more light on this?

http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/grid/examples/client/insertupdatedelete/defaultcs.aspx

Also wht does  it mean by JSON signature?
Do I need to have a reference in web.config file?
I have placed ParkingVisit.cs file un der 'App_Code' folder.

Thanks in advance.
Sucheta
Tsvetina
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Sep 2010
3 answers
246 views
I am getting the following error when using the file uploaded method: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process
protected void AsyncUploadEo_FileUploaded(object sender, FileUploadedEventArgs e)
{
    byte[] bytes = new byte[e.File.InputStream.Length];
    e.File.InputStream.Read(bytes, 0, (int)(e.File.InputStream.Length));
    bool bFileIsVirusFree = Helper.IsFileVirusFree(bytes, e.File.GetExtension());
    if (!bFileIsVirusFree)
    {
        lblEoError.Text = Helper.FILE_HAS_VIRUS_MESSAGE;
    }
}

I am attempting to check the file for a virus during the upload process. How would I go about resolving this issue?
Yana
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Sep 2010
2 answers
148 views
Hello,
I downloaded the latest release as of Aug. 26th 2010. I noticed the following regression :
- i have got a radwindow which is maximized inside a RestrictionZone. This window lists items in a RadGrid. Clicking on an item opens another RadWindow. I use the following hint (setTimeout) described in http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/aspnet-ajax/window/opening-radwindow-from-radwindow-as-modal.aspx in order to set the new window active, which used to work perfectly (in fact with release Q3-2009). However , with the latest release, this does not work anymore and the new window keeps being displaied in the background and being hidden by the maximized window.
- i installed the fix as of Aug. 31st and the problem is still there.
Can you please help?
Thanks in advance,

Regards
Olivier.
ariane
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 06 Sep 2010
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?