Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
152 views
Hello,

In our application, we are accessing the currently selected records of the grid for various different reasons.  This is a basic requirement.
We currently have a checkmark that will auto-select all of the data rows across all grid pages.  This works fine.
Where the trouble starts is when we enable grid filtering (the built-in one on the RadGrid's UI).

The problem is that we are not able to access the FILTERED resultset.
Can you provide a code sample that will show how to access this filtered data?

Thank You,

glenn.sobrian@wachovia.com
Pavlina
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Sep 2010
4 answers
200 views
I am populating a RadTreeView through code and adding an image as a child node using the node.Controls.Add statement.  The tree will display fine. including the image.  When I click on a node, the image will disappear and be replaced with the node.text information.

I thought this was a problem involving postback and usercontrols, but I see the same behavior when the radtreeview is embedded inside a radajaxpanel control.

It seems odd to me that only the image would disappear while the rest of the tree nodes are unchanged.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Yana
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Sep 2010
1 answer
123 views


hi
i use these code for gridView
            if (e.Item.ItemType == DataControlRowType.Header || (e.Item.NamingContainer as GridView).Rows.Count == 0)
               return;

            GridViewRow row = this.GridView1.Item[(e.Item.NamingContainer as GridView).Rows.Count - 1];
  when i used for Radgrid I Have Error
Please Help me

Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 06 Sep 2010
1 answer
144 views
Hi,

AllowScroll is set to True so i can scroll vertical. How can i set a dynamic scrollheight? I need the vertical height of grid to be almost as the height of the browser. Any suggestions on this?

Regards
daaland1972
Pavlina
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Sep 2010
1 answer
81 views
Hi,

Is there any way that I can bind the values that were saved to destination radlistbox and the items that in the destination radlistbox not in the source radlistbox.

Thanks,
Tom
Yana
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Sep 2010
1 answer
267 views
Hello,

I need to display progress bar on grid loading.

i did following code still its not showing any progressbar and page wud get postback.

M i missing anything.

 <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%">
                            <tr>
                                <td align="center" valign="top">
                                        <telerik:RadAjaxManager ID="RadAjaxManager1" runat="server">
            <AjaxSettings>
                <telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="gridEstVAl">
                    <UpdatedControls>
                        <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="gridEstVAl" LoadingPanelID="RadAjaxLoadingPanel1" />
                        <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="RadWindowManager1" />
                    </UpdatedControls>
                </telerik:AjaxSetting>
            </AjaxSettings>
        </telerik:RadAjaxManager>
                                 <telerik:RadAjaxLoadingPanel ID="RadAjaxLoadingPanel1" runat="server" />
                                    <telerik:RadGrid runat="server" ID="gridEstVAl" AutoGenerateColumns="False" Width="100%"
                                        PageSize="20" GridLines="None" AutoGenerateEditColumn="false" AllowMultiRowSelection="false"
                                        EnableViewState="true" AllowMultiRowEdit="false" AllowSorting="true" OnItemDataBound="gridEstVAl_ItemDataBound"
                                        OnNeedDataSource="gridEstVAl_NeedDataSource" AllowPaging="True" OnPageIndexChanged="gridEstVAl_PageIndexChanged"
                                        OnUpdateCommand="gridEstVAl_UpdateCommand">
                                        <HeaderContextMenu EnableAutoScroll="True">
                                        </HeaderContextMenu>
                                        <MasterTableView DataKeyNames="DeliveryId,CanDeliver" EditMode="PopUp" ShowHeader="true"
                                            AutoGenerateColumns="false" EnableViewState="true">
                                            <NoRecordsTemplate>
                                                Records Not Found</NoRecordsTemplate>
                                            <SortExpressions>
                                                <telerik:GridSortExpression FieldName="Age" SortOrder="Descending" />
                                            </SortExpressions>
                                            <EditFormSettings EditFormType="Template" PopUpSettings-Modal="true" CaptionFormatString="Update Estimate Validity Details"
                                                PopUpSettings-Height="400px" PopUpSettings-Width="550px" EditColumn-ItemStyle-Font-Bold="true"
                                                EditColumn-ItemStyle-ForeColor="Red">
                                                <FormTemplate>
                                                    <table border="0">
                                                        <tr>
                                                            <td align="left">
                                                                <label id="lblCanDel" title="Can Deliver" class="Label-Normal">
                                                                    Can Deliver
                                                                </label>
                                                                &nbsp;&nbsp;
                                                                <asp:DropDownList ID="drdDeliver" runat="server" CssClass="grid-text" Width="50px">
                                                                    <asp:ListItem Value="1">YES</asp:ListItem>
                                                                    <asp:ListItem Value="0">NO</asp:ListItem>
                                                                </asp:DropDownList>
                                                            </td>
                                                        </tr>
                                                        <tr>
                                                            <td align="left" valign="middle">
                                                                <label id="lblComm" title="Comment" class="Label-Normal">
                                                                    Comment
                                                                </label>
                                                                &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
                                                                <asp:TextBox ID="txtcomm" runat="server" TextMode="MultiLine" Width="400px" Height="250px"></asp:TextBox>
                                                            </td>
                                                        </tr>
                                                        <tr>
                                                            <td>
                                                                <br />
                                                            </td>
                                                        </tr>
                                                        <tr>
                                                            <td align="left">
                                                                <asp:Button ID="btnUpdate" CommandName="Update" Text="Update" runat="server" CssClass="button" />&nbsp;&nbsp;
                                                                 <asp:Button ID="btnCancel" CommandName="Cancel" Text="Cancel" runat="server" CssClass="button" />
                                                            </td>
                                                        </tr>
                                                    </table>
                                                </FormTemplate>
                                                <EditColumn ItemStyle-ForeColor="Red">
                                                </EditColumn>
                                            </EditFormSettings>
                                            <Columns>
                                                <telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="Invcoid" UniqueName="Invcoid" HeaderText="CO.ID"
                                                    HeaderStyle-HorizontalAlign="Center">
                                                    <HeaderStyle HorizontalAlign="Center" />
                                                    <ItemStyle HorizontalAlign="Center" Width="30px" />
                                                </telerik:GridBoundColumn>
                                                <telerik:GridEditCommandColumn UniqueName="Edit" HeaderText="Update" ButtonType="LinkButton"
                                                    UpdateText="Update" CancelText="Cancel" EditText="Edit">
                                                    <HeaderStyle HorizontalAlign="Center" />
                                                    <ItemStyle HorizontalAlign="Center" />
                                                </telerik:GridEditCommandColumn>
                                            </Columns>
                                        </MasterTableView>
                                        <ClientSettings>
                                            <Selecting AllowRowSelect="false"/>
                                            <ClientEvents OnPopUpShowing="PopUpShowing"/>
                                        </ClientSettings>
                                    </telerik:RadGrid>
                                </td>
                            </tr>
                            <tr>
                                <td>
                                    <br />
                                </td>
                            </tr>
                        </table>
Pavlina
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Sep 2010
1 answer
104 views
I have an ajaxified radtreeview that takes about 2 seconds to refresh controls on my page.  What I thought to be the "heavy lifting" (data access) takes only about 1/3 of a second and the remainder of the time is consumed from Node Click to Page Load.  Is this typical?

I did turn off debugging and I lowered the number of nodes and neither had any significant effect.
Nikolay Tsenkov
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Sep 2010
2 answers
67 views
Hi,

       I have noticed that the autoextender used inside usercontrol is not working when it is placed in the second or other rows  of the grid. It works fine in the first row , however the autoextender is not working for the second row or any other row except the first row .The same user control is placed inside each rows of the grid  and the autoextender is placed inside usercontrol.

Thanks.

Kishor Dalwadi.
Kishor Dalwadi
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 06 Sep 2010
1 answer
166 views
Dear Support

I have a radGrid with a NestedViewTempalte. In this template I put in another RadGrid. Thats really nice an works as expected.
If I try to collapse or expand the template everytime a postback will be triggered.

How can I disable this behavior? All my data are loaded and bind to the two grids, so I don't need any postback.

Thanks for your help.

Kind regards
Christian
Christian
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 06 Sep 2010
2 answers
76 views
When we export a PDF file from RadGrid, the file size is big upon download 11.4MB (firefox, ie, safari, all says file is 11.4MB at the start), then when the file is completed, the file size is 3.4 MB.

FYI: I disabled font embedding (http://www.telerik.com/support/kb/reporting/designing-reports/the-size-of-the-exported-pdf-file-is-big.aspx)

Any ideas?

RadGrid1.ExportSettings.ExportOnlyData = False
 
RadGrid1.ExportSettings.FileName = lPDF.Text
 
RadGrid1.ExportSettings.IgnorePaging = True
RadGrid1.ExportSettings.OpenInNewWindow = True
RadGrid1.BorderStyle = BorderStyle.None
RadGrid1.MasterTableView.BorderStyle = BorderStyle.None
RadGrid1.MasterTableView.DataBind()
RadGrid1.MasterTableView.ExportToPdf()

<telerik:RadGrid ID="RadGrid1" runat="server" AutoGenerateColumns="False"
        DataSourceID="sqlSubmittedWks" GridLines="None" 
        OnItemDataBound="RadGrid1_ItemDataBound" >
<MasterTableView datasourceid="sqlSubmittedWks" >
<RowIndicatorColumn>
<HeaderStyle Width="20px"></HeaderStyle>
</RowIndicatorColumn>
 
<ExpandCollapseColumn>
<HeaderStyle Width="20px"></HeaderStyle>
</ExpandCollapseColumn>
    <ItemTemplate>
   <asp:Label ID="Label1" runat="server" Font-Size="16pt"
                    Text='<%# Eval("QuestionName") %>'></asp:Label>
                <br />
                <br />
                <asp:Literal ID="lChartPrint" runat="server"
                    Text='<%# Replace(Wks_Helper.Statistics_AnswerStatistics_Chart(lWalkID.text, Eval("QuestionID")), "chs=440x220", "chs=600x400") %>'></asp:Literal>
                <br />
                <uc1:AnswerResults_Item ID="AnswerResults_Item1" runat="server" SchoolWalkID='<%# lwalkid.text %>'  QuestionID='<%#  Eval("QuestionID") %>'  />
                <br />
                <asp:Label ID="lQidPrint" runat="server" Text='<%# Eval("QuestionID") %>'
                    Visible="False"></asp:Label>
                <asp:Literal ID="lNewPage" runat="server" Text="<?hard-pagebreak?>"></asp:Literal>
    </ItemTemplate>
    <Columns>
        <telerik:GridTemplateColumn UniqueName="TemplateColumn">
            <ItemTemplate>
 
            </ItemTemplate>
        </telerik:GridTemplateColumn>
    </Columns>
    <CommandItemTemplate>
        
    </CommandItemTemplate>
</MasterTableView>
    </telerik:RadGrid>
Daniel
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Sep 2010
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?