Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
4 answers
194 views

Hello,

I am adding exception to Recurrence rule.

I followed this link Recurrence Rule Excpetion

1.RecurrenceRule RecurrenceRuleEvent = RecurrenceRule.TryParse(strRecurrenceRule);
2.RecurrenceRuleEvent.Exceptions.Add((Convert.ToDateTime("8/25/2009 10:00 AM").ToUniversalTime()));

I want to add Exception to "8/25/2009 10:00 AM"

But this line adding exception to "8/25/2009 04:30 AM"

I have attached Screen shot that Whats the basic problem.

The Recurrence Rule after Adding Exception.

DTSTART:20100825T090000Z
DTEND:20100825T093000Z
RRULE:FREQ=HOURLY;INTERVAL=1
EXDATE:20100825T090000Z,20100825T043000Z,20090825T043000Z

Thank you!

T. Tsonev
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Sep 2010
3 answers
200 views
Hi ,

    I am using Radscheduler control, How to set Datetime format in WeekView-ColumnHeaderDateFormat Property?.
Like "mm/DD/yyyy" . Please help me.


Regards,
Tamilselvan.S
Veronica
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Sep 2010
6 answers
261 views

I've been able to track down my problem to a very specific scenario, one to which I hope there is an easy solution. I have a page with a single update panel (had to use the ASP.NET one due to conditional updating) which contains a "Show ToolTip" link only and a single ToolTip with an update panel and a close button. That simple. When I click on the link "Show ToolTip" the tooltip pops up just fine. When I click on the "Close ToolTip" button inside the tooltip it closes just fine. The close button fires a JavaScript method to close the tooltip and then updates the update panel contents. When I click on the "Show ToolTip" link again (A SECOND TIME), the screen goes modal (like it will load the tooltip) but shows no tooltip. I believe it is a problem with the target control id because if I set the target control id to blank and center the tooltip it comes up. This is not the behavior we want to exhibit in our application, though. Lastly, the target control must be variable because we have this tooltip popping up in a repeater.

The page code:

<form id="form1" runat="server">
<asp:scriptmanager runat="server"></asp:scriptmanager>
  
<telerik:RadToolTip ID="EditActivityModalToolTip" ClientIDMode="Static" Modal="true" runat="server" IsClientID="true" Skin="Telerik" 
    ShowEvent="FromCode" HideEvent="FromCode" EnableViewState="True" EnableShadow="true" Position="MiddleRight"
    OnClientBeforeHide="EditActivityTooltipOnClientBeforeHide">
    <asp:UpdatePanel ID="ToolTipUpdatePanel" runat="server">
    <ContentTemplate>
        <asp:Button ID="CloseButton" OnClick="CloseButton_CloseClicked" runat="server" Text="Button" />
    </ContentTemplate>
    </asp:UpdatePanel>
</telerik:RadToolTip>  
<div>
    <asp:UpdatePanel ID="MainUpdatePanel" runat="server" UpdateMode="Conditional">
    <ContentTemplate>
        <a id="SampleLink" onclick="javascript:ShowEditActivityToolTip('SampleLink', 'EditActivityModalToolTip')";>Show ToolTip</a>
      
    </ContentTemplate>
    </asp:UpdatePanel>
</div>
</form>

The JavaScript method(s):

<script type="text/javascript">
    var toHideEditActivityToolTip;
  
    function EditActivityTooltipOnClientBeforeHide(sender, args) {
        if (!toHideEditActivityToolTip) args.set_cancel(true);
    }
  
    function HideEditActivityToolTip(toolTipClientId) {
        toHideEditActivityToolTip = true;
        var radToolTip = $find(toolTipClientId);
        radToolTip.hide();
    }
  
    function ShowEditActivityToolTip(sender, toolTipClientId) {
        toHideEditActivityToolTip = false;
        var radToolTip = $find(toolTipClientId);
        radToolTip.set_targetControlID(sender);
        radToolTip.show();
    }
  
    function OnClientBeforeShow(sender, args) {
        sender._popupBehavior.set_keepInScreenBounds(false);
    }  
</script>

And lastly, the code behind for the close button:

protected void CloseButton_CloseClicked(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
    ScriptManager.RegisterClientScriptBlock(Page, this.GetType(), "HideFilterToolTip", "HideEditActivityToolTip('" + EditActivityModalToolTip.ClientID + "');", true);
    MainUpdatePanel.Update();
}

I also submitted this is a case due to the timeliness of needing an answer but I do sincerely appreciate and look forward to your remarks here. Regards!

mc2000
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 03 Sep 2010
1 answer
80 views
Hi

I'm new but I like to know is it possible to have in scheduler  that is group by some resource some kind of hierarchy ?
What I have in mind :
I have sheduler that is set to show time TimelineView and group by resource named "Room".
Is it possible to group by Room type and when I click on Room type to show me Rooms under like in some kind of tree ?

somthing like

HERE
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Sep 2010
1 answer
145 views
this is what i have on aspx
<telerik:RadComboBox ID="ddl_store" runat="server" Font-Size="10px" ></telerik:RadComboBox>
and this is what i have on the server side aspx.vb
 While rs2.Read
                ddl_store.Items.Insert(New RadComboBoxItem(RTrim(rs2.Item("store_name").ToString)))
            End While

when i use the immediate window to see if there's any items that get added to the box, it shows me that there are items in there. but on the web page, it doesn't have anything. Can you let me know why?
Veronica
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Sep 2010
1 answer
70 views
Hi, I'm new to Telerik and am trying to get my bearings.  I hope to get some basic guidelines/best practices with this question.  I have a web app for School Counselors helping Students.  The Counselor logs on, enters a students code and gets all their data.  I'm trying to get the student's schedule to appear as well. Also, I want to checkbox toggle to add/remove the schedule of other users such as the Advisors and Tutors to show availability of times for all entities.
  I've been working with this Demo as a learning tool.
My question is, how is it best to approach getting granular info from the database?  For example.  (using the telerik Appointments table), how does one get just the appointments for a specific user_id, or two user_id's and bind them back to the scheduler?

1) I tried using a SqlDataSource and it seems great for displaying----everything in the database.  Is it inherently simple or is there a way to leverage this control to squeeze what you want from the database and get specific datasets?

2) We use a product called MereMortal.NET as a framework for creating business objects.  I was able to get a bindinglist of the data I wanted and assigned that as the DataSource of the Scheduler and I even managed to save back to the database by hardcoding a few variables in.  But, that's when things start flying apart.  On the demo, if you right mouse click to enter a new appointment, you first get an extremely simple appointment form to fill in and on the bottom right it offers an "Options" selection which brings up a more advanced menu. When I hit the "Options" link, the program dies.  I'm guessing I don't have it wired up right somewhere.  I just don't know how/where to start---the debugger isn't helping me at the moment mainly because I don't know enough I think. If one is going to bind the data to a datasource (like a bindinglist) what is the overhead?  What do you need to know how to do?

3) Am I off base by trying to work with the demo and craft it to my needs? Should I be starting simpler?  If so, my original questions remain.

Any pearls of wisdom?

Thanks.
Best to All,

Don
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Sep 2010
1 answer
75 views
Hi,
I've found out that the menu is not behaving correctly (from a rendering point of view) in chrome when mixing percentage width and root item scrolling.
Here is the example.
<rad:RadMenu runat="server" ID="RadMenu1" Width="100%" EnableRootItemScroll="true">
    <Items>
        <rad:RadMenuItem Text="Menu1">
            <Items>
                <rad:RadMenuItem Text="Menu1_1"></rad:RadMenuItem>
                <rad:RadMenuItem Text="Menu1_2"></rad:RadMenuItem>
                <rad:RadMenuItem Text="Menu1_3"></rad:RadMenuItem>
            </Items>
        </rad:RadMenuItem>
        <rad:RadMenuItem Text="Menu2"></rad:RadMenuItem>
        <rad:RadMenuItem Text="Menu3"></rad:RadMenuItem>
        <rad:RadMenuItem Text="Menu4"></rad:RadMenuItem>
    </Items>
</rad:RadMenu>
What happens is that the submenu items Menu1_1, Menu1_2, Menu1_3 are not displayed vertically but horizontally.
Did you know about it? Is already solved in the latest versions? I'm using 2010Q2.

Best regards, Andrea Pirola
Kamen Bundev
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Sep 2010
5 answers
146 views
I have used Telerik's RadGrid 2009.1.311.35 on the project and upgraded it to RadGrid 2010.2.826.35.
The latest version seems to have equal space for every column.
Is there anyway to know what are the differences between the RadGrid on these versions?
also to achieve the old result I have to use header-style Width?
Kalyan
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 03 Sep 2010
13 answers
410 views
Hi All,
I'm wondering if there is a best practice to filter DateTime Values - but using a runtime 'current time' value.
(Example: Filter All 'events' WHERE StartTime < getDate())
Thx
Anne
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 03 Sep 2010
6 answers
182 views
Go to the Render In Page Root demo in IE.

Select the "false" option.

Once the page redraws, moving the cursor over an image generates the tooltip inside the RadRotator (you can just see the top of the tooltip.

Now do the same thing in Chrome.

Although the rotator stops, you never see anything of the tooltip.

-- 
Stuart
Svetlina Anati
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Sep 2010
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?