Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
2 answers
149 views
I am trying to get the Data Row of the node during the NodeDataBound event.  I found the following documentation that I assume gets me this data. However, when I try to implement this and get "The type or namespace name 'DataRowView' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)"    I have the Telerik.Web.UI namespace imported.

protected void radTreeViewTopicsGridFilter_NodeDataBound(object sender, RadTreeNodeEventArgs e)
        {
            DataRowView dataSourceRow = (DataRowView)e.Node.DataItem;
        }


http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet-ajax/troubleshooting-dataitem-property-is-empty.html
HL
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 08 Nov 2010
2 answers
164 views
Hi. I'm formatting a chart from the code behind. I've added some extra legend markers to my chart. The ones I've created have a nice grey border around the rectanglular boxes but the ones that are auto generated have no border. I can't seem to set the border no matter what I do. I've tried setting with the following:

RadChart1.Legend.Marker.Appearance.Border.PenStyle = System.Drawing.Drawing2D.DashStyle.Solid;
RadChart1.Legend.Marker.Appearance.Border.Width = 1;
RadChart1.Legend.Marker.Appearance.Border.Color = Color.Silver;

I haven't set any border properties for the ones I've created. I'm creating these as follows. I've also attached a screen. Thanks.

LabelItem item1 = new LabelItem();
item1.Marker.Appearance.FillStyle.MainColor = HexToColor("#2FBA2F");
item1.Marker.Appearance.FillStyle.FillType = FillType.Solid;
item1.Marker.Appearance.Figure = "Rectangle";
item1.TextBlock.Text = "Good";
Daniel
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Iron
 answered on 08 Nov 2010
0 answers
87 views
I created my css from the skin, there is a problem only when
occurs in a post back Scheduler appears thousands of Telerik_stylesheet. With that my layout is broken it is replaced by Telerik_stylesheet that is in the middle of code!

How can I fix this?
This only happens when the Scheduler and has a postback.
Rudá Cunha
Top achievements
Rank 2
 asked on 08 Nov 2010
1 answer
174 views
When creating  a table using the editor control, is there a way to switch a cell between td and th from the editor (without going into the raw HTML and changing it there)? If not, would there be an easy work-around to add this functionality?
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 08 Nov 2010
2 answers
297 views
I am attempting to get the ItemTemplate functionality to work.

I am using this code:
<telerik:RadComboBox ID="WeekEndingCB" Font-Size="Large" runat="server" OnSelectedIndexChanged="WeekEndingCB_SelectedIndexChanged"
    OnTextChanged="WeekEndingCB_TextChanged" AutoPostBack="True" Style="width: 7.2em;">
    <CollapseAnimation Type="OutQuint" Duration="200"></CollapseAnimation>
    <ItemTemplate>
        Text: "<%# Eval("Text") %>"
    </ItemTemplate>
    <Items>
        <telerik:RadComboBoxItem Value="10/3/2010" Text="10/3/2010" />
        <telerik:RadComboBoxItem Value="10/10/2010" Text="10/10/2010" />
    </Items>
</telerik:RadComboBox>

I also tried DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem, "Text") and DataBinder.Eval(Container, "Text") as was instructed in a documentation article.

Either way, the Text of the items are not displayed in the drop down section when I click on the control.

The contents of the drop-down section are displayed as follows:
Text: ""
Text: ""

The expected contents would be:
Text: "10/3/2010"
Text: "10/10/2010"

The text of the selected item IS displayed as the selected item when an item is selected.

The control behaves as expected if I remove the ItemTemplate section.

How can I get the templates to work as expected?
Andy
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 08 Nov 2010
0 answers
145 views
I also opened a case on this but feel others might either (a) have insights or (b) get value out of the response. Thanks!
*************
I have a radwindow:
<telerik:RadWindow ID="StudentCheckListWindow" runat="server" Modal="True" AutoSize="true" EnableShadow="true"
  
Behaviors="Close" ReloadOnShow="true">

With a user control inside. The user control has a radgrid which lists a series of links. When one of the links is clicked it does a response.redirect to redirect the page.

During testing, I enabled IE script debugging and I am getting the attached error (saying e is undefined). I have tracked it down to the following scenario.

  1. Page opens with RadWindow hidden
  2. User clicks on a link which calls some JavaScript using RegsiterStartupScript (see below)
  3. User then opens the RadWindow via oWnd.Show() syntax and RadWindow opens
  4. Item is clicked and response.redirect is called. JavaScript error (attached) is thrown. Page DOES redirect fine.

If the item is clicked in the RadWindow before any RegisterStartupScript is called everything is fine. Also, if I run something RegisterStartupScript and then do a full page postback and then open the window everything is fine. It's almost like RegisterStartupScript is changing the page DOM and then the RadWindow is throwing an error which is fixed by a full postback.

My code block looks something like:

ScriptManager.RegisterStartupScript(Page, this.GetType(), "RedirectScript", "window.open('" + redirect + "');", true);

Thanks in advance!
mc2000
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 08 Nov 2010
3 answers
486 views
i export radgrid to excel sheet , sometimes i make filter then export as it should export the filtered data not all the data........the code is :

            radGrid.MasterTableView.AllowPaging = false;
            radGrid.MasterTableView.AllowFilteringByColumn = false;

            radGrid.Rebind();

            radGrid.ExportSettings.FileName = "Logs Sheet_" + DateTime.Now.ToShortDateString();
            radGrid.MasterTableView.ExportToExcel();

line 2 which disable allowfilter is used to hide filter button and text in the same time it export all the data not the filtered and this is the problem .i tried to hide button but there no fuction to hide text..................
nader
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 08 Nov 2010
0 answers
135 views
I have a day with multiple appointments, in Month view, it is showing the first 30 (VisibleAppointmentsPerDay setting) but when I switch to day view it is only showing one appointment.

We are using the DataSource property.

Everything thing I've seen indicates this should just work, so I don't even know where to start to figure out what is going on.  Any direction would be of great help.

Edit: just tried it with fewer appointments (50 instead of over 100) and although the boxes get too small to read, it appears to have rendered all the appointments - is there a limit of some kind?
Travis Bolton
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 08 Nov 2010
1 answer
106 views
Hi,
I have a bound grid to an entity datasource and can edit the data correctly.
One of the columns is a key (plantID) that is initially passed in from the load as a parameter on the datasource.
This key value needs to be defaulted to that same parameter value when I am adding a record....
I can do this fine using

       If (e.CommandName = RadGrid.InitInsertCommandName) Then
            'cancel the default operation
            e.Canceled = True

            'Prepare an IDictionary with the predefined values
            Dim newValues As System.Collections.Specialized.ListDictionary = New System.Collections.Specialized.ListDictionary()
            newValues("plantID") = Session("PlantID")

            'Insert the item and rebind
            e.Item.OwnerTableView.InsertItem(newValues)
        End If

When I go to add a new record there is a textbox with the correct session value for plantID in there and the value inserts ok...
What I want to do though is hide this text box when the grid is in edit mode - but I can't seem to do it without forcing the column to be read only - which obviously defeats the object...
Is there a way of using the default insert value as above but not displaying the textbox in edit mode?

Thanks in advance for any help...
Andrew
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 08 Nov 2010
1 answer
102 views

Can anyone one share any idea

which version of telerik(asp.net ajax) is compatible with asp.net 3.5 and also pls share any path to get trail version for the same

Prangadj
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 08 Nov 2010
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?