Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
4 answers
150 views
Can you help me how can I solve this with Radgrid.
See screenshot.
Thanks!
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 10 Nov 2010
1 answer
428 views
Hi,

I am using telerik:RadComboBox in my application.
I am biding data dynamically to the combobox so if there isn't any data to bind in the combobox and i am clicking on the combobox there is one dark link under the control is displayed.
I don't want this.

So, Is there any property available so i can display a string that "No Data" so user can view that instead of that dark unwanted line.
If property is not available then kindly suggest any method to avoid this.

Please reply asap.

Thanks in advance.
Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 10 Nov 2010
1 answer
110 views
Bind a grid and change its state to  edit / or insert mode after that i rebind() the grid but there persist the insert mode (or edit mode of that row index). How can i clear/cancel this edit/ insert mode on rebind?
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 10 Nov 2010
6 answers
695 views
I noticed that there is a white bar on top of 'Add new record' and 'Refresh', can I put a title of the Grid there? if yes, which property shall I use? I didn't find either 'Caption' or 'Title' in RadGrid.

Thanks!
Shafees
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 10 Nov 2010
3 answers
189 views
<telerik:RadGrid ID="RadGrid1" runat="server" OnColumnCreated="RadGrid1_ColumnCreated" Skin="Office2007" Width="600px" OnItemCreated="RadGrid1_ItemCreated" OnItemDataBound="RadGrid1_ItemDataBound" AutoGenerateColumns="false" OnNeedDataSource="RadGrid1_NeedDataSource">
  <MasterTableView HierarchyDefaultExpanded="true" HierarchyLoadMode="Client" AllowSorting="true" DataKeyNames="mnid, mnparent,mnnamein">
    <SelfHierarchySettings ParentKeyName="mnparent" KeyName="mnid" />
        <Columns>
        <telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="mnnamein" HeaderText="Menu"UniqueName="mnnamein"
           HeaderStyle-Width="350px"></telerik:GridBoundColumn>
        <telerik:GridTemplateColumn  UniqueName="CheckBoxTemplateColumn" HeaderText="Open">
        <ItemTemplate>
            <asp:CheckBox id="CheckBox1" runat="server"></asp:CheckBox>
        </ItemTemplate>
        </telerik:GridTemplateColumn>
        </Columns>
   </MasterTableView>
   <ClientSettings AllowExpandCollapse="true" />
</telerik:RadGrid>
I have grid like this(for picture in my attachement). The problem, if I select the parent checkbok then details checkbok also select and if I select details checkbok then parent checkbox also select.

How to doing like that??

thanks
Djefri
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 10 Nov 2010
2 answers
154 views
Hi,
 We are trying to use two versions of Telerik (2008 Q2 and 2009 Q1) on the same machine within the same application. Some of our modules use the older versions and a few use the newer one. We are having issues using this mixed mode.
Can you suggest us a way to get around this problem?
Is this documented anywhere?

Thanks and Regards
-Advait
Advait
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 10 Nov 2010
3 answers
140 views
I have a webpage that displays the RadEditor using the dialogs etc...it works fine.   When i view this page within a vb.net winform using the web broswer component..when i click to popup the image dialog..i get error web.config registration is missing?

But everything works fine when i view the page in IE

Any suggestion?
Rafael
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 09 Nov 2010
2 answers
59 views
I would like a server side event (Ajax) handler be called on each key stroke in text portion of combo.  Was wondering how to set up the control to do that?  I know that that the behavior of TextChanged is only on form submit, but was looking for an Ajax type event.

Thanks in advance
John
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 09 Nov 2010
1 answer
217 views
Hey Telerik pros,

Could use your help on this one...

I'm trying to use a nested RadGrid to show a BOM (bill of materials) i.e. parts are composed of simpler parts, which may in turn be composed of even simpler parts, etc.

I have a grid like so, using HierarchyLodeMode="ServerBind", and Unique_Id and Parent_Id to create a self-referencing hierarchy.

<telerik:RadGrid ID="RadGrid1" runat="server"OnNeedDataSource="RadGrid1_NeedDataSource" OnPreRender="RadGrid1_PreRender"AllowSorting="True">
    <MasterTableView HierarchyLoadMode="ServerBind" AllowSorting="true" DataKeyNames="Unique_Id, Parent_Id">
        <SelfHierarchySettings ParentKeyName="Parent_Id" KeyName="Unique_Id" />
    </MasterTableView>
    <ClientSettings AllowExpandCollapse="true">
        <Selecting AllowRowSelect="True"></Selecting>
    </ClientSettings>
</telerik:RadGrid>

Then, in the code-behind, using OnNeedDataSource event:

protected void RadGrid1_NeedDataSource(object source, GridNeedDataSourceEventArgs e)
{
    RadGrid1.DataSource = GetDataTable(); //fetches data, returns DataTable
}

And in the PreRender, hiding the expand column for those rows that don't have anything nested beneath them:

protected void RadGrid1_PreRender(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
    HideOrShowExpandColumnRecursive(RadGrid1.MasterTableView);
}
 
protected void HideOrShowExpandColumnRecursive(GridTableView tableView)
{
    GridItem[] nestedViewItems = tableView.GetItems(GridItemType.NestedView);
    foreach (GridNestedViewItem nestedViewItem in nestedViewItems)
    {
        foreach (GridTableView nestedView in nestedViewItem.NestedTableViews)
        {
            if (nestedView.Items.Count == 0)
            {
                TableCell cell = nestedView.ParentItem["ExpandColumn"];
                cell.Controls[0].Visible = false;
                nestedViewItem.Visible = false;
            }
            if (nestedView.HasDetailTables)
            {
                HideOrShowExpandColumnRecursive(nestedView);
            }
        }
    }
}

And all that works great, I can get the self-referencing hierarchical grid of X levels (where X isn't known until you get the data).

Now, my problem is trying to convert the type of these auto-generated columns, from the regular GridBoundColumn to something like GridHyperLinkColumn. I can't figure out how to do that, maybe it's not possible?

As another approach, I tried adding a GridHyperLinkColumn to the nested views during the PreRender event, but I can't get that to work either.

Does anybody have any suggestions on how to either a) convert the type of these auto-generated columns or b) dynamically add another column to the grid? All I really want is to be able to add a hyperlink to each row in this type of nested grid.

Much thanks,
ET
ET
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 09 Nov 2010
1 answer
744 views
I am using the RadMaskedTextBox controls for several phone number entries on a web form. I used the Smart tag to set up the mask I wanted to use and used declaritive binding in the page markup, like this:

<telerik:RadMaskedTextBox ID="txtPhone" runat="server" Mask="(###)###-####" Text='<%# DataBinder.Eval( Container, "DataItem.Phone" ) %>'
    TabIndex="6" EmptyMessage="-- Enter Phone Number --" HideOnBlur="true" ZeroPadNumericRanges="true" DisplayMask="(###)###-####">
</telerik:RadMaskedTextBox>

However, when the value from the data store is bound to the control, the output is displaying incorrectly. For instance, if the phone number in the data store is, "1112223333", then I would expect the masked display to appear as, "(111) 222-3333", but what is shown instead is, "(111) ___-222_".

Has anyone else seen this or found a work-around?

Thanks in advance,

Jon 
Jon
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 09 Nov 2010
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?