Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
79 views
Is there a definitive release date available for the Q3 2010 controls? The roadmap page only lists "early November"
Sebastian
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Nov 2010
6 answers
169 views
Wasnt this implemented recently? I even had information on how to put it in -

Create a GoogleSpellCheckProvider class that implements the ISpellCheckProvider.

Set SpellCheckProviderTypeName property of RadSpell to = typeof(Telerik.Web.UI.GoogleSpellCheckProvider).AssemblyQualifiedName of compiled GoogleSpellCheckProvider created.

This still works?

Thanks.

Roland
Roland
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 09 Nov 2010
1 answer
140 views

I have a form with a grid and a combo box where a user can select the table name they wish to edit.  I have the grid binding to the table name selected by calling Rebind() when the user makes a table name selection, and by handling the NeedDataSource event of the grid to bind to a DataTable.  That seems to work fine.

The problem comes in when I try to edit.  I added a GridEditCommandColumn to the MasterTableView's Columns collection so I get a link to start editing a row, and the editor form appears just fine.  But when I click on 'update', and I try to handle the UpdateCommand event raised by the grid (from code cobbled together from forums), I get an argument out of range exception, that I believe is coming from the edited item's OwnerTableView.DataKeyValues collection which has zero elements. 

One other thing to note, I am using Postgres as the database, but I don't think this is the issue, as I am using npgsql to get standard ado.net objects to bind to.

Any ideas?

 

 

 

 

 

    Private Sub RadGrid1_UpdateCommand(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As Telerik.Web.UI.GridCommandEventArgs) Handles RadGrid1.UpdateCommand
        Dim editedItem As GridEditableItem = TryCast(e.Item, GridEditableItem)
        Dim table As DataTable = Me.GridSource
        'Locate the changed row in the datasource
        Dim pk As String = GetPrimaryTablePKColumn(cboTable.Text)
        If pk Is Nothing OrElse pk.Trim = String.Empty Then
            e.Canceled = True
            Return
        End If
  
'Error Happens Here
        Dim changedRows As DataRow() = table.Select(pk & " = " &
                                                    editedItem.OwnerTableView.DataKeyValues(editedItem.ItemIndex)(pk).ToString)
  
        If changedRows.Length <> 1 Then
            e.Canceled = True
            Return
        End If
        'Update new values
        Dim newValues As New Hashtable
        e.Item.OwnerTableView.ExtractValuesFromItem(newValues, editedItem)
        changedRows(0).BeginEdit()
        Try
            For Each entry As DictionaryEntry In newValues
                changedRows(0)(DirectCast(entry.Key, String)) = entry.Value
            Next
            changedRows(0).EndEdit()
        Catch ex As Exception
            changedRows(0).CancelEdit()
            e.Canceled = True
        End Try

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Tsvetoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Nov 2010
1 answer
153 views
Hello,

Using this code base:

http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/controls/examples/integration/gridcomboajax/defaultcs.aspx?product=grid

How can I make it so the grid is filtered by a combo box that can select multiple values?

Thanks,

Richard.
Pavlina
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Nov 2010
5 answers
318 views
We are using a custom skin based on the Web20 skin to display a vertical menu.

We would like to display a 'right arrow' if the root menu item contains sub items, (in the same way that the group items display a right arrow).

Does anyone have advice on how to achive this?

Thanks.
Kamen Bundev
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Nov 2010
1 answer
105 views
Hello,

Using this code base;

http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/controls/examples/integration/gridandsplitterresizing/defaultcs.aspx?product=splitter

If I added a second grid to the bottom panel, Can I get the splitter to resize both grids?  If so, what would be the best way of resizing both grids to take up the entire browser screen? (When I set the height value of the panes to a percentage, it does not display properly).

Thanks,

Richard.
Dimo
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Nov 2010
1 answer
282 views
I am using grouping with the RadGrid, everything works great.  However, I'd really like to get single row expand to work when clicking on the header.  What I mean is, when a group header is clicked, I'd like that header to expand, and all it's children stay collapsed.  I've seen this work when GroupLoadMode is set to Server, and this is taken care on the server side.  I'd really like to keep this fix on the client side using Javascript, but I just can't seem to get it to work.  The following code was my best attempt:

function RowClicked(sender)
{
    var grid = $find("<%= rgSpecialOrders.ClientID %>");
    var master = grid.get_masterTableView();
  
    $('#' + sender.parentElement.parentElement.id).each(
        function (i)
        {
            master.collapseItem(i + sender.sectionRowIndex + 1);
        });
}

Unfortunately this did not work?  Do you have any suggestions on how to get this to work while only using Javascript and JQuery?  Thanks a lot for your help!
Scott Harrington
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 09 Nov 2010
1 answer
120 views
Hi,

I have radgrid setup with a popup modal editform.
The editform has two button Save and Cancel. These work with CommandNames "PerformInsert" and "Cancel"

In the InsertCommand event i process the actual insert into the database.
During this InsertCommand the Popup editform remains visible and the user can click on Save again, so the InsertCommand event is triggered again.

Is'n't it possible to have the LoadingPanel cover the popup-form? It does cover the grid during InsertCommand.
Or is there another way to prevent the user from clicking Save more than once?

Kind regards.
Dimo
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Nov 2010
1 answer
119 views
Hi,

Scenario:

 I have got a RadGrid  working perfectly fine. New requirement now - how can I return the user back to the same page number of the grid once the record is updated. For instance, user wants to edit a record which is at Page 3. Clicking on edit button takes user to new page. Once record is updated, I need to return the user to the same grid but not to first page but to the Page 3.


Could someone please hint me how it can be done?

Many thanks

MG
pylacroix
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 09 Nov 2010
2 answers
205 views
Just floating the idea...I know it wont be in the release, or potentially available ever

but: Sprite Framework for image button icons


sitefinitysteve
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Veteran
 answered on 09 Nov 2010
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?