Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
4 answers
524 views
I am trying to connect RadCalender with sql data source, but I can not modify the data I created, it always gives me error msg 

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
   Telerik.Web.UI.RadScheduler.SwitchToEditMode(Appointment appointmentToEdit) +62
   Telerik.Web.UI.RadScheduler.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +654
   System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +11
   System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +174
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +5102

I can't delete anything or input anything either through the schedule.
I set up all the property like the sample set up, anyone else met this problem before?

Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Nov 2007
3 answers
412 views
hi,

I have a user control with a RadWindowManager declared as the following:

<telerik:RadWindowManager ID="RadWindowManagerUserControl" runat="server"> 
    <Windows> 
        <telerik:RadWindow ID="RadWindow1" runat="server" Modal="false" OnClientClose="AfterUpload"/> 
    </Windows> 
</telerik:RadWindowManager> 

AfterUpload is a Javascript function declared in the user control as well.

On the user control, there is a link with the following onclick handler (client side):

onclick="showWindow('upload.aspx?mode=edit&messageid=388327','RadWindow1', 550, 450); return false;"
This user control is presently used on two pages.

HostPage 1 does not contain a RadWindowManager, and the OnClientClose defined in the UserControl fires correctly.

HostPage 2 has its own RadWindowManager (for other functions), and is defined as the following:

    <telerik:RadWindowManager ID="RadWindowManager1" runat="server"> 
        <Windows> 
            <telerik:RadWindow ID="RadWindow2" runat="server" Modal="false" OnClientClose="CallBackFunctionEdit"/> 
        </Windows> 
    </telerik:RadWindowManager> 

The javascript function CallBackFunctionEdit fires correctly. However, when HostPage 2 opens the RadWindow defined by the user control, the onclientClose function defined in the user control does not fire.

Questions:

1) What's wrong? does having 2 RadWindowManagers conflict each other?

2) If I can only have one RadWindowManager (on the host page), what do you think is the best way to define OnClientClose function for radwindow that should be opened from within the user control? Remember the actual javascript function to handle onclientclose is defined inside the usercontrol..
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Nov 2007
2 answers
148 views
After successfully performing the example from telerik whitepaper I tried to include a RadRotator, too. Unfortunately in MOSS script code like

<%# DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem, "Text") %>

is not possible. Is there an idea for a MOSS specific replacement? Otherwise I only have the possibility to write a WebPart around it.
Hans-Joachim
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 21 Nov 2007
1 answer
158 views
Is there any possibility to get the reference to TimePicker from the 'sender' argument in javascript? I have a lot of time pickers on my page and i want the time to be changed every 5 minutes (when i use keyboard, not pipup picker). so after value is changed i want to take it, see if the minutes are divided by 5 (0,5,10...). If not, change it.

Thank You for any help, tips
Radek
Giuseppe
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Nov 2007
12 answers
396 views
how can i achieve that functionality in the new editor??
Lini
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Nov 2007
1 answer
111 views
Hi How can we show the advanced window in a popup? rather than inline editing?

We have the schedular in i-frame and on the bottom we dont have enough space to show the calender just wondering if we can pop-up the advanced editing in a window.

Thanks & Regards
Prady
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Nov 2007
3 answers
286 views
I have started using RadAjaxManager prometheous on my project and I immediately stepped over an odd problem (I can't recreate in a sample).
I have a webpage based on master page. ScriptManager and RadAjaxManager are both on this page. After postbacks I get this exception:
---------------------------
Windows Internet Explorer
---------------------------
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
---------------------------
OK  
---------------------------

I nailed it down to the RadAjaxManager setting when (at design time) it uses a certain Panel for both source and destination. As I said I cannot reproduce on simple sample, but when I comment this setting everything works fine.
Any idea on how to tackle it?
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Nov 2007
0 answers
63 views
We are using the radeditor for MOSS in our layouts in a content management scenario, in an Internet facing site. We are facing a problem with the editor on a MAC using the safari browser. We have the browse button in the link manager linked up to the MOSS link manager; When we create a text link, we highlight the text, hit the browse button, select the file to be linked and click O.K. Problem is the text changes to the file name. Telerik have provided us with a fix that did not work..with no change in the behaviour. Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated!!

Maha
kosh
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 20 Nov 2007
2 answers
193 views
I need to stay on the form when user enters something in the TextBox and preses Enter without doing postback with default button (either from Form or asp:panel).

I tried the usual JS approach to return false at the end of OnKeyPress but no luck.
Is there way to do this?

Thanks,
Grisha
Grisha
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 20 Nov 2007
1 answer
150 views
Hello,

I noticed a strange behaviour when you click (by accident), a border of a slidingpane.
He throws a error and goes in debug to the folowing line in the scriptresource.axd.

Type.registerNamespace("Telerik.Web.UI");  
Telerik.Web.UI.Box={getOuterWidth:function(_1){  
return _1.offsetWidth;  
},getOuterHeight:function(_2){  
return _2.offsetHeight;  
},setOuterHeight:function(_3,_4){  
if(_4<=0||_4==""){  
_3.style.height="";  
}else{  
_3.style.height=_4+"px"; //-- <<<< debug throws error here --//  
var _5=_3.offsetHeight-_4;  
var _6=_4-_5;  
if(_6>0){  
_3.style.height=_6+"px";  
}else{  
_3.style.height="";  
} 

If its a bug i think you like to know.
Otherwise if i can solve this behaviour, i hope you have some advice.


 
Tsvetie
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Nov 2007
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?