Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
3 answers
80 views
Bug report:

With a client selection enabled radgrid inside the Prom version of the AjaxPanel, if the grid is not visible (visible = false) initially, javascript error occurs while selecting rows once the grid is made visible via an event handler.
Konstantin Petkov
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Nov 2007
5 answers
166 views
Hi,

How can i Cancel the event AppointmentCommandEventArgs ??
I am using templates.

Thanks.

Caio.
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Nov 2007
3 answers
210 views
Hi

I have a WebUserControl that is my edit form for a grid.

I have two list boxes with add and remove buttons.

When I select add a selected item moves from the left hand box to the right hand box.

This works. However, when the ajax call is finished the loading panel remains on the screen and any button that is pressed from that point onwards causes a Javascript error.

The error reads: Microsoft JScript runtime error: 'this.get_element()' is null or not an object.

The following fo rthe grid is on my main page ...
                <telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="rgStockMaintenance">  
                    <UpdatedControls> 
                        <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="rgStockMaintenance" LoadingPanelID="ralpDefault" /> 
                    </UpdatedControls> 
                </telerik:AjaxSetting> 

And the following is on my user control ...
<telerik:RadAjaxManagerProxy ID="ramprgStockMaintenance" runat="server" EnableViewState="true">  
    <AjaxSettings> 
        <telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="btnAddCategory">  
            <UpdatedControls> 
                <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="lbxUnselectedCategories" LoadingPanelID="ralprgStockTransactions" /> 
                <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="lbxSelectedCategories" /> 
            </UpdatedControls> 
        </telerik:AjaxSetting> 
        <telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="btnRemoveCategory">  
            <UpdatedControls> 
                <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="lbxUnselectedCategories" LoadingPanelID="ralprgStockTransactions" /> 
                <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="lbxSelectedCategories" /> 
            </UpdatedControls> 
        </telerik:AjaxSetting> 
        <telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="rgStockTransactions">  
            <UpdatedControls> 
                <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="rgStockTransactions" /> 
            </UpdatedControls> 
        </telerik:AjaxSetting> 
    </AjaxSettings> 
</telerik:RadAjaxManagerProxy> 
 

I need to Ajaxify the Grid and the controls am I doing it incorrectly ?

Kind REgards

David
Vladimir Milev
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Nov 2007
10 answers
387 views
Hi,

I have a repeater that has a javascript containing itemtemplate. Like this:

<itemtemplate>
    <script><%#ShowImg(Eval("ID"))%></script>
<itemtemplate>

With normal postback, the script are getting evaluated and images are shown by executing the script. however, if the repeater is updated via AjaxManager/Panel, the script is not evaluated. How do I cause the script to be reinitiated?
SamVanity
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 22 Nov 2007
6 answers
151 views
on a page that works without expeption in a partial trust enviroment i tried to ajaxify some controls and i m getting the following expeption

atempt to access a method failed

   at System.Reflection.MethodBase.PerformSecurityCheck(Object obj, RuntimeMethodHandle method, IntPtr parent, UInt32 invocationFlags)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimePropertyInfo.GetValue(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] index, CultureInfo culture)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimePropertyInfo.GetValue(Object obj, Object[] index)
   at Telerik.Web.UI.ProxyScriptControl.AddRadControlScriptDescriptors(ArrayList scriptDescriptors, Control child)
   at Telerik.Web.UI.ProxyScriptControl.GetScriptDescriptors()
   at System.Web.UI.ScriptControlManager.RegisterScriptDescriptors(IScriptControl scriptControl)
   at System.Web.UI.ScriptManager.RegisterScriptDescriptors(IScriptControl scriptControl)
   at Telerik.Web.UI.ProxyScriptControl.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer)
   at System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControlInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter)
   at System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter)
   at System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer)
   at System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildrenInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ICollection children)
   at System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildren(HtmlTextWriter writer)
   at System.Web.UI.Control.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer)
   at System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControlInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter)
   at System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter)
   at System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer)
   at System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildrenInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ICollection children)
   at System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildren(HtmlTextWriter writer)
   at System.Web.UI.UpdatePanel.RenderChildren(HtmlTextWriter writer)
   at System.Web.UI.Control.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer)
   at System.Web.UI.UpdatePanel.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer)
   at System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControlInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter)
   at System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter)
   at System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer)
   at System.Web.UI.PageRequestManager.RenderFormCallback(HtmlTextWriter writer, Control containerControl)
   at System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildrenInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ICollection children)
   at System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildren(HtmlTextWriter writer)
   at System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlForm.RenderChildren(HtmlTextWriter writer)
   at System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlForm.Render(HtmlTextWriter output)
   at System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControlInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter)
   at System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter)
   at System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlForm.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer)
   at System.Web.UI.HtmlFormWrapper.System.Web.UI.IHtmlForm.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer)
   at System.Web.UI.PageRequestManager.RenderPageCallback(HtmlTextWriter writer, Control pageControl)
   at System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildrenInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ICollection children)
   at System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildren(HtmlTextWriter writer)
   at System.Web.UI.Page.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer)
   at Telerik.Web.UI.RadAjaxPage.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer)
   at WM.FrameWork.Web.BasePage.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) in F:\NET Solutions\Csharp\WM\WM.FrameWork.2\WM.FrameWork.Web.2\BasePage.cs:line 112
   at WM.Manager.Controls.Manager.ManagerBasePage.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) in f:\NET Solutions\Csharp\WM\POX\App_Code\ManagerBasePage.cs:line 219
   at System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControlInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter)
   at System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter)
   at System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer)
   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

any ideas??
Vlad
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Nov 2007
5 answers
172 views
hi all

try to add telerik editor webpart into sharepoint webpart area.
installation ok - can use editor in lists over the site feature.

always got this exception:
-----------------------------
[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
   Telerik.RadEditorUtils.RadControl.RenderRuntimeSkin() +14
   Telerik.RadEditorUtils.RadControl.Page_PreRenderComplete(Object sender, EventArgs e) +10
   System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e) +0
   System.Web.UI.Page.OnPreRenderComplete(EventArgs e) +2058052
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1566
-----------------------------
after this, page cannot be accessed...any hints.

thx a lot
tom
p.s. version 4.4.0

Lini
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Nov 2007
1 answer
193 views
Hi,
I got a problem when deploy RadEditor solution (v. 4.4.10 ) on some severs.
The error is
 
LCSFN00-RSWFE01 : http://lcsfn00-rswfe01:22445/ : SharePoint - 22445 : Error: The copying of this file failed: RadControls/Editor/Skins/Custom/Buttons/InsertFormCheckbox.gif.

The process cannot access the file 'C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\12\..\wpresources\RadEditorSharePoint\4.4.1.0__1f131a624888eeed\RadControls/Editor/Skins/Custom/Buttons/InsertFormCheckbox.gif' because it is being used by another process.
....
LCSFN00-RSWFE01 : Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\12\..\wpresources\RadEditorSharePoint\4.4.1.0__1f131a624888eeed\RadControls/Editor/Skins/Default/Buttons/AboutDialog.gif'.
LCSFN00-RSIX01 : http://lcsfn00-rswfe01:22445/ : SharePoint - 22445 : Error: The copying of this file failed: RadControls/Editor/Skins/Default/CssImg/toolLongOnBg.gif.
The requested operation cannot be performed on a file with a user-mapped section open.

I think it is because the path contains both forward slash and back slash.
I try paste the link in Explorer, it couldn't find the files.
Do you think it could be the problem?

Regards,
lee
Lini
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Nov 2007
1 answer
93 views
What am I not doing right when said event does not fire?

I did pattern my test after the your demo online, but no go for me. 

Thanks,
Jay
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Nov 2007
3 answers
197 views
I have a control which has a number of buttons in an AjaxPanel to prevent unnecessary refreshs. Also on the control is a RadWindowManager with one window. When i click on 2 of the buttons I run the following function

    private void ShowDocWindow(string urlString, string name)
    {
        windowManager.Windows[0].NavigateUrl = urlString;
        windowManager.Windows[0].Title = name;
        windowManager.Windows[0].VisibleOnPageLoad = true;
   }

This displays a different window depending on the button pressed. When I do this I get an intermittent bug, it only happens when I click on one of these 2 buttons.

Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManagerParserErrorException: The message received from the server could not be parsed. Common causes for this error are when the response is modified by calls to Response.Write(), response filters, HttpModules, or server trace is enabled.
Details: Error parsing near 'Telerik.Web.UI 2007.'.
 
It occurs before the window displays and prevents the window from displaying. After it occurs the page is still available and if I click on the button again it works. It occurs maybe one in every 10 or 20 tries.

Any ideas why it might be occuring?

Thanks

Emmet

Emmet
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 22 Nov 2007
1 answer
88 views
we are attempting to build a customizable dashboard for our application but need the functionality for resizing the docks
Petya
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Nov 2007
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?