Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
147 views
Hi,

Are there any plans for putting the Toolbar control into Prometheus? I'm converting my ASP.NET controls to Prometheus but there isn't a toolbar. :-(

Regards

Bobby
Sebastian
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Jan 2008
2 answers
149 views
Hello,

Maybe its a bug, but i can't solve the following problem.

I have a window, with a Multipage, and in the multipage a RadSplitter, with two Radpanes.
In the upper Radpane i have a Radgrid.
Something like this:
<rad:RadMultiPage ID="rmpPostvak" runat="server" CssClass="mpwindow" SelectedIndex="0">  
                                        <rad:PageView ID="PageView1" runat="server">  
                                            <telerik:RadSplitter ID="RadSplitter2" runat="server" Orientation="Horizontal" VisibleDuringInit="true" 
                                                Width="100%" Height="360px">  
                                                <telerik:RadPane ID="RadPane1" runat="server" Scrolling="None" BackColor="White">  
                                                    <telerik:RadGrid ID="rgBerichtenIn" runat="server" Style="width: 100%; cursor: pointer;" 
                                                        Skin="Office2007" AutoGenerateColumns="False" GridLines="None" Height="100%">  
                                                        <ClientSettings Scrolling-UseStaticHeaders="true" Scrolling-AllowScroll="true" ApplyStylesOnClient="true">  
                                                            <Selecting AllowRowSelect="true" /> 
                                                            <ClientEvents OnRowSelected="RowSelectedIn" /> 
                                                        </ClientSettings> 
                                                        <MasterTableView TableLayout="Fixed" NoMasterRecordsText="Geen berichten aanwezig" 
                                                            ClientDataKeyNames="VolgNummer">  
                                                            <Columns> 
                                                                <telerik:GridTemplateColumn HeaderText="" UniqueName="Bericht">  
                                                                    <HeaderStyle Width="40px" /> 
                                                                    <ItemStyle HorizontalAlign="Center" /> 
                                                                    <ItemTemplate> 
                                                                        <asp:Label ID="lblBerichtID" runat="server" Text='<%# Bind("VolgNummer") %>' Style="display: none;"></asp:Label> 
                                                                        <asp:Image ID="Image7a" runat="server" ImageUrl='<%# "images/Overige/ber_soort" & Eval("Soort") & ".gif" %>'>  
                                                                        </asp:Image> 
                                                                    </ItemTemplate> 
                                                                </telerik:GridTemplateColumn> 
                                                                <telerik:GridTemplateColumn HeaderText="Datum" UniqueName="Datum">  
                                                                    <HeaderStyle Width="90px" /> 
                                                                    <ItemTemplate> 
                                                                        <asp:Label ID="Label7" runat="server" Text='<%# Bind("AanmaakDatum", "{0:d}") %>'></asp:Label> 
                                                                    </ItemTemplate> 
                                                                </telerik:GridTemplateColumn> 
                                                                <telerik:GridTemplateColumn HeaderText="Naam" SortExpression="Naam" UniqueName="Naam">  
                                                                    <HeaderStyle Width="150px" /> 
                                                                    <ItemTemplate> 
                                                                        <asp:Label ID="Label8a" runat="server" Text='<%# Bind("AfzenderNaam") %>'></asp:Label> 
                                                                    </ItemTemplate> 
                                                                </telerik:GridTemplateColumn> 
                                                                <telerik:GridTemplateColumn HeaderText="Onderwerp" SortExpression="Onderwerp" UniqueName="Onderwerp">  
                                                                    <ItemTemplate> 
                                                                        <asp:Label ID="Label8b" runat="server" Text='<%# Bind("KopTekst") %>'></asp:Label> 
                                                                    </ItemTemplate> 
                                                                </telerik:GridTemplateColumn> 
                                                            </Columns> 
                                                        </MasterTableView> 
                                                    </telerik:RadGrid> 
                                                </telerik:RadPane> 
                                                <telerik:RadPane ID="RadPane2" runat="server" Scrolling="None" Height="160px" BackColor="WhiteSmoke">  
                                          ..........  
                                                </telerik:RadPane> 
                                            </telerik:RadSplitter> 
                                        </rad:PageView> 

If i set the Radgrid clientsetting 'Scrolling-AllowScroll="true"', the Radgrid is throwing a error, when i change from multipage. (by a tabstrip)
The error that is thrown is in the following code section of the scriptresource.axd:
Telerik.Web.UI.GridScrolling.callBaseMethod(this,"dispose");  
},_initializeDimensions:function(){  
var _1=this;  
this.applyFrozenScroll();  
this.onWindowResize();  
this.initializeAutoLayout();  
this._owner.get_element().RadResize=function(){  
_1.onWindowResize();  
};  
if(navigator.userAgent.toLowerCase().indexOf("msie")!=-1){  
this._onResizeDelegate=Function.createDelegate(this,this.onWindowResize);  
setTimeout(function(){  
$addHandler(window,"resize",_1._onResizeDelegate);  
},0);  
}else{  
this._onResizeDelegate=Function.createDelegate(this,this.onWindowResize);  
$addHandler(window,"resize",this._onResizeDelegate);  
}  
this._owner.get_element().RadShow=function(){  
_1.OnWindowResize();  <----- here the error is thrown -------

For a workaround i use now the scrolling in the RadPane, but it will look better if i can use the client scroll of the RadGrid (and the static headers), inside the multipage.
I hope you have a solutions for this.

Thanks
Marco



Marco
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 21 Jan 2008
1 answer
182 views
The data I'm showing in the tree has new nodes added frequently so I'd like to make it so that the when a node is collapsed and expanded it reloads the node.  Is there a way I can tell it to always reload on expand?  I'm also doing alot of node expansion/collapsing through JS so I need it to work over there too.  I'm using ServerSideCallBack as the expand mode.

An even better solution would be to have it reload the node with out having to collapse it if possible... that would really only be usable from JS though.
Nikolay
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Jan 2008
2 answers
306 views
Hi,

I've recently installed Q3 of the Prometheus tools and am now converting the previous non-prometheus version of the RadCombo control.

I previously came across the problem with the dropdown portion of the combo appearing behind a radwindow. This, I fixed by setting the ZIndex to 90000. This doesn't seem to work with the new version. I've attached a sample page below this message (just run, drag the window under the combo, then expand the combo).

Do I need to do something different with this Q3 version to allow the dropdown in front of the radwindow?

Regards

Bobby

<%

@ Page Language="VB" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="Default.aspx.vb" Inherits="_Default" %>

<%

@ Register Assembly="RadComboBox.Net2" Namespace="Telerik.WebControls" TagPrefix="radC" %>

<%

@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" TagPrefix="telerik" %>

<!

DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.1//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml11/DTD/xhtml11.dtd">

<

html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">

<

head runat="server">

<title>Untitled Page</title>

</

head>

<

body>

<

script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" >

</

script>

<form id="form1" runat="server">

<asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server" />

<radC:RadComboBox ID="RadComboBox1" runat="server" SkinsPath="~/RadControls/ComboBox/Skins" ZIndex="90000"

Width="150px">

<Items>

<radC:RadComboBoxItem runat="server" Text="RadComboBoxItem1" />

<radC:RadComboBoxItem runat="server" Text="RadComboBoxItem2" />

<radC:RadComboBoxItem runat="server" Text="RadComboBoxItem3" />

<radC:RadComboBoxItem runat="server" Text="RadComboBoxItem4" />

<radC:RadComboBoxItem runat="server" Text="RadComboBoxItem5" />

<radC:RadComboBoxItem runat="server" Text="RadComboBoxItem6" />

<radC:RadComboBoxItem runat="server" Text="RadComboBoxItem7" />

<radC:RadComboBoxItem runat="server" Text="RadComboBoxItem8" />

<radC:RadComboBoxItem runat="server" Text="RadComboBoxItem9" />

<radC:RadComboBoxItem runat="server" Text="RadComboBoxItem10" />

<radC:RadComboBoxItem runat="server" Text="RadComboBoxItem11" />

</Items>

</radC:RadComboBox>

<div>

<telerik:RadWindowManager ID="RadWindowManager1" runat="server" VisibleOnPageLoad="True">

<Windows>

<telerik:RadWindow runat="server" Animation="None" Behavior="Default" Behaviors="Default"

InitialBehavior="None" InitialBehaviors="None" Left="" NavigateUrl="" Style="display: none;"

Top="">

</telerik:RadWindow>

</Windows>

</telerik:RadWindowManager>

</div>

</form>

</

body>

</

html>

James
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 21 Jan 2008
3 answers
239 views
Hi,

Im using VS2008 and 'RadControls Prometheus for ASPNET Q2 2007',
I was having problems that some of control such that RadGrid, ComboBox, etc im not getting in Prometheus controls Tab in the VS2008 toolbox. I tried in all aspects but it doesnt work for me can u help me...

Thanks and Regards
Jai
Helen
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Jan 2008
3 answers
204 views
In rad there was a way to set a property for each of the controls to useembedscripts= false. I cannot find where to set this in the new prometheus controls. Is there a way to set this. I prefer to have external js, css, and images etc...

Thanks
John
Atanas Korchev
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Jan 2008
3 answers
181 views

There is a bug with RadAjax Prometheus in that it is erroneously creating new <link> elements on an ajax response.  (in IE7 if any client javascript code then loops through the stylesheets the poorly formed css HREF's result in "Access denied" errors, which is how I stumbled upon this)

You can verify this by creating a simple .aspx page, putting a button, a hidden  field and a prometheus RadAjaxManager on the page. Have the button update the hidden field via RadAjaxManager.  Start the page and use Fiddler (http://www.fiddlertool.com/fiddler/) or another HTTP debugger to watch the requests. Click the button. On the reponse, new <link> elements will be created with bad hrefs that generate HTTP 404 responses from the web server.


A brief technical description:

RadManager renders something similar to the following at the end of its AJAX reponse:

Sys.Application.add_init(function() {
    $create(Telerik.Web.UI.RadAjaxManager, {"ajaxSettings":[{InitControlID : "Button1",UpdatedControls : [{ControlID:"HiddenField1",PanelID:""}]}],"clientEvents":{OnRequestStart:"",OnResponseEnd:""},"defaultLoadingPanelID":"","enableAJAX":true,"enableHistory":false,"links":[],"styles":[],"uniqueID":"RadAjaxManager1"}, null, null, $get("RadAjaxManager1"));

Note the lowercase "links" ( this is a comma delimited list of <link> element hrefs,which in this case is empty)


In it's WebResource.axd javascript, RadAjaxManager does this,

var _b=_a.substr(_a.indexOf("\"Links\":")+10,_a.indexOf("]",_a.indexOf("\"Links\":"))-(_a.indexOf("\"Links\":")+10)).replace(/\"/g,"");

Note the capital L in "Links", indexOf will return -1 since there is no match. And then adds 10 to this to start the substring.  The script then goes on to split the resulting string on commas.  This yields an array of strings like

"cation.add_init(function() { $create(Telerik.Web.UI.RadAjaxManager"
" {ajaxSettings:[{InitControlID : Button1"
"UpdatedControls : [{ControlID:HiddenField1"
"PanelID:}"

It then, since it cannot find these in the document, creates <link> elements with these strings as the HREF's.


Roy Gelerman
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 18 Jan 2008
3 answers
172 views
I have a page that opens another page in a modal RadWindow.  Is it possible for the page in the RadWindow to make AJAX calls to itself through RadAjaxManager?  If so could you direct me to an example of code that does this?

On the base page I have RadWindowManager setup like so:

    <telerik:RadWindowManager ID="RadWindowManager1" runat="server">  
        <Windows> 
            <telerik:RadWindow runat="server" ID="winEditOrderNumber" Modal="true" Skin="WebBlue" ReloadOnShow="true" 
                Title="Edit Order Number" ShowContentDuringLoad="false" VisibleStatusbar="false" Behaviors="None,Close"   
                IconUrl="~/images/gridcmds/Edit.gif" Width="325px" Height="120px" ClientCallBackFunction="OrderNumberChangeCallback">  
            </telerik:RadWindow> 
        </Windows> 
    </telerik:RadWindowManager> 
 

And the popup page has an AjaxManager like so:

        <asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server">  
        </asp:ScriptManager> 
 
        <telerik:RadAjaxManager ID="RadAjaxManager1" runat="server">  
            <AjaxSettings> 
                <telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="btnOK" /> 
            </AjaxSettings> 
        </telerik:RadAjaxManager> 
 

When I hit btnOK it always causes a postback and a page reload.  I checked RadAjaxManager.GetCurrent().IsAjaxRequest and it says false.

Thanks in advance for the help,
Kevin
John Fetherolf
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 18 Jan 2008
1 answer
135 views
Hi, I'm using the editor in a CMS.

Is it possible to load a "template" (aspx page) into the preview area of the editor, so I can preview the content within the template??

Thanks
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Jan 2008
1 answer
101 views
In Prometheus version 1218 word wrapping was enabled by default. In the new version, I dont find the property to set word wrap (not default). My tree is in a SplitPane.
Thanks for replying,
Andreas
Dimitar Milushev
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Jan 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?