Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
2 answers
106 views
hi,

i have successfully ajaxified my prometheus grid and added an AjaxLoadingPanel.

two problems come to light:
- when i send an ajax request, the loading panel appears correctly on top of the grid, however the desired effect of dimming the entire grid does not appear. i wasn't able to locate an example which showed a grid being dimmed by an ajax update. also, i should mention that my grid is set to a width of 100% and also that i am using the radajaxmanagerproxy because this is a content page of a master page.

the second issue i've had is easier to fix i think. since moving my grid to prometheus, my custom skin has been upset a little. for the most part, it is working, but the filter image, filter type selection box and the sort asc/desc images are all not working. i believe in the asp.net controls i somehow did not need to include these in the css for my custom skin (since they were not changing). in prometheus, however, those elements appear to have lost all styling. if you can advise the appropriate css for those elements i can add it to my skin (i checked the built-in skins but they do not appear to have them in their css).

many thanks,
rob
Dimo
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Jan 2008
5 answers
239 views
Hello,

I am having an issue where I am implementing a portal with many pages, like Google IG. I am able to successfully create and select tabs such that the async trigger will refresh widget data. So, if I load the page, it populates all the Docks for the currently selected tab correctly. If I select a different tab, and then hit refresh, it will populate all of those tabs correctly.

Now, what I'm trying to accomplish is that when I select the new tab, after it loads the data it needs to trigger the RadDockLayout to repopulate for the new data retrieved on the server. Since my OnInit command adds all docks to the RadDockLayout each and every time from the updated datasource, I shouldn't need to do anything for this to work, other than cause an even similar to that of DockPositionChanged. That's not the case, though, since OnInit will fire *before* the update to change the tab page (it's on an UpdatePanel), populating with all the original controls, and then go and change the datasource from the tab select event. So I need a way of forcing this after the fact.

Unfortunately, I can't find a way to raise this command to repopulate the DockLayout since the tabs need to be in an UpdatePanel, I know the datasource is changed but the DockLayout doesn't. One way this is proven is that if I select a new tab, and then drag the previous tab's widget to a new place (it didn't get removed because no event was raised), then the whole page posts back and the correct docks are now displayed.

So I'm wondering how to entice the RadDockLayout to cause an event similar to DockPositionChanged to call OnInit and repopulate nicely?
Conor Seabrook
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 21 Jan 2008
7 answers
271 views
How do I implement the radtooltip for use on a dropdownlist?  I have a dropdownlist that is populated from an access database.  I am showing the abbreviations for the job types as the "Text" of the dropdownlist.  I would like to show the descriptions of the job types in a tooltip as the user mouses over each selection.  I am coding in VB.

Thank you,
Dave Durose
Tree
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 21 Jan 2008
4 answers
223 views
Hi

I have an application that is tested and works great in IE7 and Firefox2. But when i use IE6. I get some weird formatting errors. See pictures in link

http://www.meridix.se/temp/gridie6.jpg
http://www.meridix.se/temp/gridie6_2.jpg

I use the 1314 release.

Here are the code, any one got a clue? I can disable some settings when the browser is IE6 if thats the problem, but which ones?

The first pictures
<telerik:radgrid id="RadGrid1" runat="server" allowsorting="True" datasourceid="ObjectDataSourceBasicReportDataSet" 
                                            allowmultirowselection="True" groupingenabled="False" meta:resourcekey="RadGrid1Resource1" 
                                            onsortcommand="RadGrid1_SortCommand" backcolor="White" horizontalalign="Left" 
                                            allowpaging="True" pagesize="50" showdesigntimesmarttagmessage="False" skin="Default2006" 
                                            gridlines="None" height="400px" enableembeddedskins="False" width="600px" onitemdatabound="RadGrid1_ItemDataBound" 
                                            enableembeddedbasestylesheet="False" ImagesPath="~/Skins/Default2006/Img">  
                                            <filtermenu notselectedimageurl="Skins\NotSelectedMenu.gif"   
                                            selectedimageurl="Skins\SelectedMenu.gif">  
                                            </filtermenu> 
                                            <sortingsettings sorttooltip="" /> 
                                            <clientsettings reordercolumnsonclient="True" allowkeyboardnavigation="True" allowcolumnsreorder="True">  
                            <Selecting AllowRowSelect="True" /> 
                            <Scrolling AllowScroll="True" UseStaticHeaders="True" /> 
                            <Resizing AllowColumnResize="True" AllowRowResize="False" EnableRealTimeResize="True" 
                                ResizeGridOnColumnResize="True" ClipCellContentOnResize="False" /> 
                        </clientsettings> 
                                            <exportsettings> 
                                                <pdf fonttype="Subset" papersize="Letter" /> 
                                                <excel format="Html" /> 
                                            </exportsettings> 
                                            <itemstyle wrap="false" /> 
                                            <PagerStyle FirstPageImageUrl="Skins\PagingFirst.gif"   
                                            LastPageImageUrl="Skins\PagingLast.gif" NextPageImageUrl="Skins\PagingNext.gif"   
                                            PrevPageImageUrl="Skins\PagingPrev.gif" /> 
                                            <mastertableview tablelayout="Auto" datasourceid="ObjectDataSourceBasicReportDataSet">  
                                                <PagerStyle FirstPageImageUrl="~/Skins\PagingFirst.gif"   
                                            LastPageImageUrl="~/Skins\PagingLast.gif"   
                                            NextPageImageUrl="~/Skins\PagingNext.gif"   
                                            PrevPageImageUrl="~/Skins\PagingPrev.gif" /> 
                            <ExpandCollapseColumn Visible="False" Resizable="False"   
                                            collapseimageurl="~/Skins/Default2006/Img\SingleMinus.gif"   
                                            expandimageurl="~/Skins/Default2006/Img\SinglePlus.gif"   
                                            filterimageurl="~/Skins/Default2006/Img\Filter.gif"   
                                            sortascimageurl="~/Skins/Default2006/Img\SortAsc.gif"   
                                            sortdescimageurl="~/Skins/Default2006/Img\SortDesc.gif">  
                                <HeaderStyle Width="20px" /> 
                            </ExpandCollapseColumn> 
                                                <editformsettings> 
                                                    <editcolumn cancelimageurl="~/Skins\Cancel.gif"   
                                            currentfilterfunction="NoFilter" editimageurl="~/Skins\Edit.gif"   
                                            filterimageurl="~/Skins\Filter.gif" filterlistoptions="VaryByDataType"   
                                            insertimageurl="~/Skins\Insert.gif" sortascimageurl="~/Skins\SortAsc.gif"   
                                            sortdescimageurl="~/Skins\SortDesc.gif" updateimageurl="~/Skins\Update.gif">  
                                                    </editcolumn> 
                                                </editformsettings> 
                            <RowIndicatorColumn filterimageurl="~/Skins/Default2006/Img\Filter.gif"   
                                            sortascimageurl="~/Skins/Default2006/Img\SortAsc.gif"   
                                            sortdescimageurl="~/Skins/Default2006/Img\SortDesc.gif">  
                                <HeaderStyle Width="20px" /> 
                            </RowIndicatorColumn> 
                                                <commanditemsettings addnewrecordimageurl="~/Skins\AddRecord.gif"   
                                            refreshimageurl="~/Skins\Refresh.gif" /> 
                        </mastertableview> 
                                        </telerik:radgrid> 


The second pictures code

<telerik:radgrid id="RadGrid1" runat="server" allowsorting="True" allowmultirowselection="True" 
                        groupingenabled="False" onitemdatabound="RadGrid_ItemDataBound" onselectedindexchanged="RadGrid_SelectedIndexChanged" 
                        meta:resourcekey="RadGrid1Resource1" ondatabound="RadGrid_DataBound" onsortcommand="RadGrid_SortCommand" 
                        backcolor="White" horizontalalign="Left" allowpaging="True" pagesize="50" showdesigntimesmarttagmessage="False" 
                        skin="Default2006" gridlines="None" height="95%" enableembeddedbasestylesheet="False" 
                        enableembeddedskins="False" DataSourceID="objectDataSourceReportDataSet"   
                        ImagesPath="~/Skins/Default2006/Img">  
                        <filtermenu notselectedimageurl="~/Skins/Default2006/Img\NotSelectedMenu.gif"   
                            selectedimageurl="~/Skins/Default2006/Img\SelectedMenu.gif">  
                        </filtermenu> 
                        <sortingsettings sorttooltip="" /> 
                        <clientsettings reordercolumnsonclient="True" allowkeyboardnavigation="True" allowcolumnsreorder="True">  
                            <Selecting AllowRowSelect="True" /> 
                            <Scrolling AllowScroll="True" UseStaticHeaders="True"/>  
                                            <Resizing AllowColumnResize="True" AllowRowResize="false" EnableRealTimeResize="True" 
                    ResizeGridOnColumnResize="True" ClipCellContentOnResize="False" /> 
                        </clientsettings> 
                        <exportsettings> 
                            <pdf fonttype="Subset" papersize="Letter" /> 
                            <excel format="Html" /> 
                        </exportsettings> 
                        <itemstyle wrap="false" /> 
                        <PagerStyle FirstPageImageUrl="~/Skins/Default2006/Img\PagingFirst.gif"   
                            LastPageImageUrl="~/Skins/Default2006/Img\PagingLast.gif"   
                            NextPageImageUrl="~/Skins/Default2006/Img\PagingNext.gif"   
                            PrevPageImageUrl="~/Skins/Default2006/Img\PagingPrev.gif" /> 
                        <mastertableview tablelayout="Auto" datasourceid="objectDataSourceReportDataSet">  
                            <ExpandCollapseColumn Visible="False" Resizable="False">  
                                <HeaderStyle Width="20px" /> 
                            </ExpandCollapseColumn> 
                            <editformsettings> 
                            </editformsettings> 
                            <commanditemsettings addnewrecordimageurl="~/Skins\AddRecord.gif"   
                                refreshimageurl="~/Skins\Refresh.gif" /> 
                        </mastertableview> 
                    </telerik:radgrid> 

Thanks in advance

Johan
Sebastian
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Jan 2008
3 answers
95 views
Hi,

I am trying to run the following comboBox example

http://www.telerik.com/DEMOS/ASPNET/Prometheus/ComboBox/Examples/PopulatingWithData/AutoCompleteSql/DefaultCS.aspx

and the EndOfItems property for the RadComboBoxItemsRequestedEventArgs is not found in the Prometheus controls.

Is this absolute and if so what should I replace the code with?

Thanks
Simon
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Jan 2008
1 answer
165 views
Hello,
how to create a ItemTemplate in the CodeBehind?
I would like to create a ComboBox programaticly and need a ItemTemplate witch schould be a table such as in the example.

Thanks for your help
Nikolay
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Jan 2008
3 answers
209 views
Hi,

I am currently doing some drag and drop client-side functionality and am comming across some issues when expanding the node using the client-side javascript call RadTreeNode.expand().

The expand call works correctly and the chil nodes are visible in the tree, but the parent node does not have the 'minus' image next to it so the user is not able to collapse the node.

The code I am using is as follows and is called after returning from a WS call :
function OnDragDropComplete(result) 
{ 
    if (result != null && result.Successful) 
    { 
        //ctree.trackChanges(); 
        var SourceNode = ctree.findNodeByValue(result.SourceNodeID); 
        var DestNode = ctree.findNodeByValue(result.DestNodeID); 
         
        var childNode = new Telerik.Web.UI.RadTreeNode();  
        childNode.set_value(result.NewNodeID); 
        childNode.set_text(SourceNode.get_text()); 
        childNode.set_imageUrl(SourceNode.get_imageUrl()); 
             
     childNode.get_attributes().setAttribute("Category",SourceNode.get_attributes().getAttribute("Category")) 
        childNode.set_expandMode(Telerik.Web.UI.TreeNodeExpandMode.ServerSideCallBack);      
         
        SourceNode.get_parent().get_nodes().remove(SourceNode);    
         
        for(var i = 0; i < DestNode.get_nodes().get_count(); i ++) 
        { 
            if (DestNode.get_nodes().getNode(i).get_text().toLowerCase() > childNode.get_text().toLowerCase()) 
            { 
                DestNode.get_nodes().insert(i,childNode); 
                //alert(DestNode.get_nodes().getNode(i).get_value()); 
                DestNode.get_nodes().getNode(i).expand(); 
                return; 
            } 
        } 
 
        DestNode.get_nodes().add(childNode); 
        //ctree.commitChanges(); 
        ctree.findNodeByValue(result.NewNodeID).expand();      
    } 
} 

The above code is creating a brand new node instead of just moving the original source node, but I have tried doing it that way as well.

This only happens when using expand(), if I create a child node and add it into the get_nodes() collection the 'minus' appear as expected.

Am I missing something that will stop this happening?

Thanks
Nikolay
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Jan 2008
2 answers
561 views
Hi,

I am trying to iterate through selected items in a radgrid (using client side selection) and to retrieve the value of the DataKeyNames (in this case ItemID) and to add that to a string using a semicolon as a seperator for each ItemID.

How can I achieve this?

Regards
Roel
Roel
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 21 Jan 2008
2 answers
184 views
Hello,

Using RadProgressManager to monitor a long server side process which inserts records in a db from a file I have a custom  radprogressarea with a progresstemplate and I want in my code to estimate the total process length.

So I try to get the TimeElapsed on each new record inserted to calculate an Estimated time.

But trying to get TimeElapsed I get null:
if (progress["TimeElapsed"] != null) is  never true.

but other Progress[xxx] values work and allow me to update my process.
and the client display the total elapsed time correctly ?

Is there a mismatch in the "TimeElpsed" value or is it only available clientside ?

Thanks for help.
CS
CSurieux
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 21 Jan 2008
1 answer
244 views
I have a project that I am using a custom icon for my RadWindows.  I've set the Iconurl property for the RadWindowManager as well as each window within the manager.  All works well in debug mode in VS2005.  Once I deploy the app to our server, the icon no longer appears.  I've verified the path and that the icon appears in the proper place on the server.

I'm using the latest version of Prometheus Q3 2007 SP1.

Is there something I'm missing?

Brian
George
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Jan 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?