Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
126 views
Is there any sort of Prometheus 101 KB article or similar?  I'm brand new to Telerik controls. I feel like there are quite a few do's and don'ts after reading the forums and I'm curious if there is something that guide me in the right direction of starting out correctly.  I feel like I'm missing something because when I AJAX enable a form, it just seems that loading panels, "loading" images, etc. should be straight forward and I can't locate them.  BTW, I'm using MasterPages.
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Jan 2008
8 answers
287 views
Hi,

Exporting to Excel with the 'ExportSettings.IgnorePaging = true' ignores invisible columns.

So basically all columns get printed.

Thanks

Guido Tapia
CSurieux
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 21 Jan 2008
2 answers
222 views
For "GridButtonColumn" are buttontypes "LinkButton" and "Imagebutton" avaialable. Is it possible to combine both so I have an aimage and link in the column?
Markus
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 21 Jan 2008
3 answers
165 views
Hi, I don't understand if is possible to set comboBox at design time to automatically update a field in a db table, chosing values from an other table, or from a manually edited items list. Or if not how programmatically get the se;ected value (server side)
There is any example that do this?

Thanks very much, Angdrak

Rosi
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Jan 2008
1 answer
175 views
Hi

I am trying to have a tooltip within a formview for a radinput control. The event I want it to be fired upon is the OnFocus even. I also have a validator control for this intput control.

Any help will be much appreciated.


Tervel
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Jan 2008
7 answers
371 views
I have been banging my head against the wall trying to work through what seems to be a simple scenario to me, but I can't get it to work consistently.  I'm at the point now where I just need someone with a different perspective to tell me exactly what I need to do.  OK, let me explain what I'm doing:

1. One Master Page and one Content Page.  
    a. Master Page has one RadTabStrip and one ContentPlaceHolder.
    b Content Page contains one Panel.

2. Clicking a tab on the RadTabStrip dynamically loads a user control into the Panel on the Content Page.

3. The user control (let's call it MainUC) has two Panels: Panel1 - visible on initial display, contains a Prometheus RadGrid; Panel2 - used as a container for an "Edit Details" user control (let's call it DetailUC) that will be dynamically loaded when a user selects a row in the grid.

4. When user selects a row, the RadGrid.ItemCommand handler dynamically loads DetailUC into Panel2, hides Panel1 and shows Panel2.

5. When the user clicks a "Save & Close" button in DetailUC, the data is saved to the database, the button click event is handled by MainUC, and it clears DetailUC from Panel2, hides Panel2, and re-displays Panel1 while rebinding data in the RadGrid (to show the updated data).

I'd paste code that I've attempted to accomplish this but, at this point, I'd rather just have a clean slate.  I need to know how to wire up the Ajax to take care of all of the above and I just can't get it right.  I'm loading the user control in the master page with the same code posted in several threads on this site, so I know I'm doing that right.  I was also attempting to use RadAjaxManager in the master and RadAjaxManagerProxy in my MainUC, like I saw in several posts and Telerik help files.  Nothing seems to work consistently...I fix one thing, another breaks.

Can anyone help?!  I need to get this figured out quickly so I can move on developing my site.  Thanks in advance.
plamen
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 21 Jan 2008
0 answers
74 views
HI.

When I write the code to update the tooltip in my vb code I get the error:
    - Cannot convert type system.web.ui.control to content.

Content is my web usercontrol. Here is my code

Private

Sub UpdateToolTip(ByVal elementID As String, ByVal panel As UpdatePanel)
Dim ctrl As UserControl = Page.LoadControl("~/secured/admin/Content.ascx")   panel.ContentTemplateContainer.Controls.Add(ctrl)
Dim content As Content = DirectCast(ctrl, Content)
content.ContentID = elementID
End Sub

The error is on the ctrl element. I have copied the code from the demo, so it should work. I don't understand what's wrong.

regards,

Jean-Philippe

jpchenot
Top achievements
Rank 2
 asked on 21 Jan 2008
0 answers
69 views
HI.

When I write the code to update the tooltip in my vb code I get the error:
    - Cannot convert type system.web.ui.control to content.

Content is my web usercontrol. Here is my code

Private

Sub UpdateToolTip(ByVal elementID As String, ByVal panel As UpdatePanel)
Dim ctrl As UserControl = Page.LoadControl("~/secured/admin/Content.ascx")   panel.ContentTemplateContainer.Controls.Add(ctrl)
Dim content As Content = DirectCast(ctrl, Content)
content.ContentID = elementID
End Sub

The error is on the ctrl element. I have copied the code from the demo, so it should work. I don't understand what's wrong.

regards,

Jean-Philippe

jpchenot
Top achievements
Rank 2
 asked on 21 Jan 2008
1 answer
323 views

I have an asp:linkbutton in my aspx page like such:

<

asp:LinkButton ID="lnbProjRole" runat="server" Text="make selections" ForeColor="Blue" Font-Bold="true"></asp:LinkButton>

My aspx page also contains a radwindowmanager:

<

telerik:RadWindowManager ID="Singleton" runat="server"></telerik:RadWindowManager>

I have an asp:updatepanel that surrounds the various elements of my page and fires asyncronously whenever any of the search elements on the page are changed.  When the linkbutton is clicked, an onclick server-side event fires that creates a radwindow.  Here's my codebehind (written in VB.NET):

Protected Sub lnbProjRole_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles lnbProjRole.Click

'Create a new window and add it dynamically

Dim newWindow As RadWindow = New RadWindow

newWindow.ID =

"RadWindow1"

newWindow.NavigateUrl =

"./Dialog.aspx"

newWindow.VisibleOnPageLoad =

True

newWindow.Enabled =

True

newWindow.Visible =

True

newWindow.Width = 250

newWindow.Height = 650

newWindow.Behaviors = WindowBehaviors.Close

newWindow.OffsetElementId =

"searchArea"

newWindow.ReloadOnShow =

True

newWindow.Modal =

True

'Add the newly created RadWindow to the RadWindowManager's collection

Singleton.Windows.Add(newWindow)

End Sub


Here's my problem:

When the radwindow opens, it looks like it only partially loads.  The nice styling around the window doesn't come through.  However, if I close the radwindow and then reload the parent page and then reopen the radwindow, the radwindow then looks perfect.  I'm thinking that the updatepanel (ajax) is not getting all of the content for some reason when it goes to open the radwindow.  I've even tried opening the window client-side and the same problem occurs.  Help!  I've been racking my brains on this for hours!  Thanks in advance for your help.  Do Telerik controls work OK within updatepanels?

Thanks,
Dave

Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Jan 2008
1 answer
210 views
HI,

I have a treeview within a rad pane. The radpane is the left pane within a RadSplitter of two panes with a plitterbar between them.

The drag and drop functionality I copied from the demo. It works fine on after initial page load however if you resize the pane then the drag and drop functionlaity stops working.

Help!

ASPX:

<form id="form1" runat="server">
        <telerik:RadScriptManager ID="RadScriptManager1" runat="server">
        </telerik:RadScriptManager>
    <div>
        &nbsp;<telerik:RadSplitter ID="RadSplitter1" runat="server" Items-Capacity="0" Orientation="Vertical"
            ResizeMode="AdjacentPane" SplitBarsSize="">
            <telerik:RadPane ID="RadPane1" runat="server">
    <telerik:RadTreeView id="RadTreeView1" runat="server" Width="100%" Height="58%" Skin="Outlook" LoadingStatusPosition="BeforeNodeText" AllowNodeEditing="True" EnableDragAndDrop="True" EnableDragAndDropBetweenNodes="True" OnNodeDrop="RadTreeView1_HandleDrop">
                                <Nodes>
                                    <telerik:RadTreeNode runat="server" ExpandMode="ClientSide" Text="Content">
                                        <Nodes>
                                            <telerik:RadTreeNode runat="server" ExpandMode="ClientSide" Text="Introduction">
                                            </telerik:RadTreeNode>
                                            <telerik:RadTreeNode runat="server" ExpandMode="ClientSide" Text="Standards of Conduct">
                                                <Nodes>
                                            <telerik:RadTreeNode runat="server" ExpandMode="ClientSide" Text="Employees">
                                            </telerik:RadTreeNode>
                                            <telerik:RadTreeNode runat="server" ExpandMode="ClientSide" Text="Customers and Suppliers">
                                            </telerik:RadTreeNode>
                                            <telerik:RadTreeNode runat="server" ExpandMode="ClientSide" Text="Worldwide Communities">
                                            </telerik:RadTreeNode>
                                            <telerik:RadTreeNode runat="server" ExpandMode="ClientSide" Text="Competitors">
                                            </telerik:RadTreeNode>
                                                    <telerik:RadTreeNode runat="server" ExpandMode="ClientSide" Text="Shareholders, Assets and Company Records">
                                                    </telerik:RadTreeNode>
                                                </Nodes>
                                            </telerik:RadTreeNode>
                                            <telerik:RadTreeNode runat="server" ExpandMode="ClientSide" Text="Compliance">
                                            </telerik:RadTreeNode>
                                            <telerik:RadTreeNode runat="server" ExpandMode="ClientSide" Text="Reporting Violations">
                                            </telerik:RadTreeNode>
                                        </Nodes>
                                    </telerik:RadTreeNode>
                                </Nodes>
                                <CollapseAnimation Duration="100" Type="OutQuint"  />
                                <ExpandAnimation Duration="100" Type="OutQuart"  />
                            </telerik:RadTreeView>
            </telerik:RadPane>
            <telerik:RadSplitBar ID="RadSplitBar1" runat="server" />
            <telerik:RadPane ID="RadPane2" runat="server" EnableEmbeddedBaseStylesheet="False"
                EnableEmbeddedSkins="False" Height="" Index="0" Scrolling="Both" Skin="" Width="">
            </telerik:RadPane>
        </telerik:RadSplitter>
    </div>
        <telerik:RadAjaxManager ID="RadAjaxManager1" runat="server">
        </telerik:RadAjaxManager>
    </form>

C#:

    protected void RadTreeView1_HandleDrop(object sender, Telerik.Web.UI.RadTreeNodeDragDropEventArgs e)
    {
        RadTreeNode sourceNode = e.SourceDragNode;
        RadTreeNode destNode = e.DestDragNode;
        RadTreeViewDropPosition dropPosition = e.DropPosition;

        string result = "";

        if (destNode != null)//drag&drop is performed between trees
        {
            //if (this.ChbBetweenNodes.Checked)//dropped node will at the same level as a destination node
            //{
            if (sourceNode.TreeView.SelectedNodes.Count <= 1)
            {
                result += "<b>" + sourceNode.Text + "</b>" + ";";
                PerformDragAndDrop(dropPosition, sourceNode, destNode);
            }
            else if (sourceNode.TreeView.SelectedNodes.Count > 1)
            {
                foreach (RadTreeNode node in sourceNode.TreeView.SelectedNodes)
                {
                    result += "<b>" + node.Text + "</b>" + ";";
                    PerformDragAndDrop(dropPosition, node, destNode);
                }
            }
            //}
            //else//dropped node will be a sibling of the destination node
            //{
                //if (sourceNode.TreeView.SelectedNodes.Count <= 1)
                //{

                //    if (!sourceNode.IsAncestorOf(destNode))
                //    {
                //        result += "<b>" + sourceNode.Text + "</b>" + ";";
                //        sourceNode.Owner.Nodes.Remove(sourceNode);
                //        destNode.Nodes.Add(sourceNode);
                //    }
                //}
                //else if (sourceNode.TreeView.SelectedNodes.Count > 1)
                //{
                //    foreach (RadTreeNode node in RadTreeView1.SelectedNodes)
                //    {
                //        if (!node.IsAncestorOf(destNode))
                //        {
                //            result += "<b>" + node.Text + "</b>" + ";";
                //            node.Owner.Nodes.Remove(node);
                //            destNode.Nodes.Add(node);
                //        }
                //    }
                //}
            //}

            destNode.Expanded = true;
            //DragMessage.Text = "You dragged node(s)" + result + " onto node <b>" + destNode.Text + "</b>";
            sourceNode.TreeView.ClearSelectedNodes();
        }
        //else if (e.HtmlElementID == DataGrid1.ClientID)
        //{
        //    DataTable dt = (DataTable)Session["DataTable"];
        //    foreach (RadTreeNode node in e.DraggedNodes)
        //    {
        //        AddRowToGrid(dt, node);
        //    }
        //}
    }

    private static void PerformDragAndDrop(RadTreeViewDropPosition dropPosition, RadTreeNode sourceNode, RadTreeNode destNode)
    {
        if (sourceNode.Equals(destNode) || sourceNode.IsAncestorOf(destNode))
        {
            return;
        }
        sourceNode.Owner.Nodes.Remove(sourceNode);

        switch (dropPosition)
        {
            case RadTreeViewDropPosition.Over:
                // child
                if (!sourceNode.IsAncestorOf(destNode))
                {
                    destNode.Nodes.Add(sourceNode);
                }
                break;

            case RadTreeViewDropPosition.Above:
                // sibling - above     
                destNode.InsertBefore(sourceNode);
                break;

            case RadTreeViewDropPosition.Below:
                // sibling - below
                destNode.InsertAfter(sourceNode);
                break;
        }
    }

Dimitar Milushev
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Jan 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?