Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
117 views
Hello,

I would appreciate to know excatly the reason that make a progress area   to disappear on the end on the process.
As I am using a custom radprogressarea for monitoring an long process which is not a file transfert, I have changed the meaning  of the existing counters, but even setting everything to 100%, primary and secondary, I am unable to have this area disappearing ?

Even worse, a result panel which should be displayed is not showing when the btn click method triggering the long process finishes ????

Thanks for help  again.

CS
Sophy
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Jan 2008
2 answers
175 views
I'm getting this error while using RadAjaxManager.
"The Controls collection cannot be modified because the control contains code blocks (i.e. <% ... %>)."
To reproduce. Create a master file and then add a default page inheriting master file. See contents below.
Here is sample ASPX file

<%@ Page Language="C#" MasterPageFile="~/MasterPage.master" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="Default.aspx.cs" Inherits="_Default" Title="Untitled Page" %>

<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" TagPrefix="telerik" %>
<%@ Register Assembly="RadInput.Net2" Namespace="Telerik.WebControls" TagPrefix="rad" %>
<asp:Content ID="Content1" ContentPlaceHolderID="ContentPlaceHolder1" Runat="Server">
    <telerik:RadAjaxManager ID="RadAjaxManager1" runat="server">
        <AjaxSettings>
            <telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="RadTextBox1">
                <UpdatedControls>
                    <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="RadTextBox2" />
                </UpdatedControls>
            </telerik:AjaxSetting>
        </AjaxSettings>
    </telerik:RadAjaxManager>
    <rad:RadTextBox ID="RadTextBox1" runat="server">
    </rad:RadTextBox>
    <rad:RadTextBox ID="RadTextBox2" runat="server">
    </rad:RadTextBox>
    <script type="text/javascript">
        var cID = "<%=RadTextBox1.ClientID %>";
    </script>
</asp:Content>
Maxim
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 22 Jan 2008
5 answers
244 views
When will “Prometheus” be officially released?
RadControls “Prometheus” for ASP.NET will be officially released in the beginning of 2008 once all UI controls in RadControls for ASP.NET have their “Prometheus” counterparts. We expect the release to coincide with the Visual Studio “Orcas” and .Net 3.5 launch.

I read the above announcement in your site. .NET 3.5 RTM is already released. When is RadToolTip going to be available for use? I am looking forward to it.
Sebastian
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Jan 2008
2 answers
227 views
Can someone advise how to make the RadSplitter appear over RadRotator, RadCalendar. I have tried setting the zindex on the RadSplitter and all of the nested tags within.  The Splitter seems to appear over non Telerik controls.

z-index = 100

Kyle Schiele
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 22 Jan 2008
1 answer
197 views

Hi,

           i am working with  telerik r.a.d editor for share point. I’m using it for editing option but the requirement is hide or gray few controls from the end user, so that only administrators can use them not everyone. I was looking in Google for a related document but haven’t find anyone related(hope to get something soon). If someone can refer any blog or something like that it will be helpful for me.

 

Thanks a lot

Regards

  mrinmoy
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Jan 2008
2 answers
214 views
Telerik Support,

Do you have any online demos of grids containing over 100 rows of data?
I'm finding the performance of this control painstakingly slow when there are several records and want to compare to your code to see if it's something I'm doing or a shortcoming of your controls.

Cheers
Sebastian
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Jan 2008
1 answer
172 views
I have two ComboBoxes on my page, I need to get the selected value from the first one on the ItemsRequested event of the second one server side, I'm getting null.
Rosi
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Jan 2008
2 answers
107 views
Hi,

I have the following problem:

Scenario 1:
In my onload procedure I create a radtreeview and two root nodes:
node one has expandMode Serversidecallback
node two has no specific setting for expandMode.

In this scenario, I can easily change the loadondemand behaviour on the client of node two and dynamically expand the node:
nodeTwo.set_expandMode(2);
nodeTwo.expand();

Scenario 2:
create treeview with two rood nodes:
node one has no specific setting for expandMode.
node two has no specific setting for expandMode.

In this scenario, changing de expandMode property on the client does not result in a fireing the NodeExpand on the server.

Conclusion: It seems that at least one node must have the Serversidecallback value to function properly

Is this correct? In our case there are numerous situations where this is the case.

Bert Groenveld
Veselin Vasilev
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Jan 2008
1 answer
114 views
HI.

When I write the code to update the tooltip in my vb code I get the error:
    - Cannot convert type system.web.ui.control to content.

Content is my web usercontrol. Here is my code

Private

Sub UpdateToolTip(ByVal elementID As String, ByVal panel As UpdatePanel)
Dim ctrl As UserControl = Page.LoadControl("~/secured/admin/Content.ascx")   panel.ContentTemplateContainer.Controls.Add(ctrl)
Dim content As Content = DirectCast(ctrl, Content)
content.ContentID = elementID
End Sub

The error is on the ctrl element. I have copied the code from the demo, so it should work. I don't understand what's wrong.

regards,

Jean-Philippe

Tsvetie
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Jan 2008
4 answers
368 views
Hi,
I use var from1_Text = $find("<%= FromDate.ClientID %>").get_DateInput(); to get the input text field.

How do I further get the text entered in?

Thanks,
Ricky.
Ricky
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 22 Jan 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?