Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
93 views
How do I create a date picker in VB code (without having one explicitly defined on a form).

Thanks
Leon
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 23 Jan 2008
6 answers
106 views
Just starting out trying the AJAX prometheus stuff and not quite sure what I'm doing, and am getting an error.

I have a link button that is causing an update to a RadAjaxPanel.

Inside that panel is an asp:Literal that I have spit out an iframe tag.

So on my linkbutton click event I have it change the innerHTML of the aspLiteral to update the iframe.

But I'm getting an error stating:

A Runtime Error has occured.
Do you wish to Debug?

Line 604
Error: Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManagerParserErrorException: The message received from the server could not be parsed.  Common causes for this error are when the response is modified by calls to Response.Write(), response filters, HttpModules, or server trace is enabled.
Details: Error parsing near "JOHN - kDNATM230|upda'.

I'm just trying to over right an iframe tag inside a aspLiteral, any ideas why im getting this?
John
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 22 Jan 2008
9 answers
194 views
I want to populate data with webservice. but how can i add contextMenus for those new nodes(the context menus are different of parent node)?
Erjan Gavalji
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Jan 2008
5 answers
271 views
Hi!

We are trying to create a resource, to be used as a checkbox, but it always come with a dropdown. Any problems with our code?

private void InitializeResources() 
    { 
        ResourceType resType = new ResourceType("Usuários"); 
        resType.AllowMultipleValues = true; 
        resType.ForeignKeyField = "UserID"; 
 
        RadScheduler1.ResourceTypes.Add(resType); 
        RadScheduler1.Resources.Add(new Resource("Usuários", 1, "Teste 1")); 
        RadScheduler1.Resources.Add(new Resource("Usuários", 2, "Teste 2")); 
        RadScheduler1.Resources.Add(new Resource("Usuários", 3, "Teste 3")); 
             
    } 


Thanks,

Caio.
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Jan 2008
1 answer
106 views
I'm using the load ondemand with the tooltipmanager just as in the online example, this works fine.  However, I also have a RadToolBar on my page which is surrounded by an updatePanel.  Whenever an event is fired from the toolbar, it is showing the tooltip.  I tried to find a work around by handling the 

OnClientBeforeShow with the following code

function

OnClientBeforeShow(sender, eventArgs)

{

//Any ajax event will cause the tooltip to show. So we want to make sure

 

//the ajax event came from the grid and not i.e.(toolbar)

 

var str = sender.get_TargetControlID();

var pos = str.indexOf("LocationServiceGridView");

if(pos<=0)

{

    eventArgs.set_cancel(true);

 

}

}

however, when you set_cancel(true) it does stop the tooltip from showing but then the event that was suppose to fire from the toolbar cancels as well.

Please advise

Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Jan 2008
1 answer
269 views
I am trying to insert a new schedule programmatically. When a link is clicked, the scheduler opens in advanced edit form mode with certain items filled in such as subject and time. I am trying to set a custom resource value programmatically as well, for example:

protected void Repeater1_ItemCommand(object source, RepeaterCommandEventArgs e)
{
RadScheduler1.HideEditForm();
RadScheduler1.Rebind();
// create the default appointment and times
Appointment app = new Appointment();
string sStart = DateTime.Now.ToShortDateString();
DateTime dStart = DateTime.Parse(sStart);
dStart = dStart.AddDays(1);
app.Start = dStart;
app.End = dStart.AddHours(2);
string[] subjects = e.CommandArgument.ToString().Split("|".ToCharArray());
string theSubject = string.Empty;
for (int i = 0; i < subjects.Length; i++)
{
switch (i)
{
case 1:
theSubject = theSubject +
"Name(s):" + System.Environment.NewLine;
break;
case 4:
theSubject = theSubject +
"Address:" + System.Environment.NewLine;
break;
case 11:
theSubject = theSubject +
"Revision: ";
break;
default:
break;
}
if (subjects[i].Trim() != "")
{
theSubject = theSubject + subjects[i] + System.
Environment.NewLine;
.......................
}
app.Subject = theSubject;

app.Attributes["Orders"] = "company";
RadScheduler1.ShowAdvancedEditForm(app);
}

But this does not set teh default drop list box for the custom resource of "Orders". The selected value is "-", and all the possible choices show up.

How would I go about accomplishing this?

Thanks,
Jeff

Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Jan 2008
3 answers
153 views
Dear Telerik,
In your code library you published solution for the ComboBox and CheckBoxes in order to get multiselection.
I did the following:
1. Took your solution
2. Changed ComboBox to Prometheous ComboBox
As a result I do not see text against textboxes.

Moreover, if previously I could access individual check box using:
var id = document.getElementById(combo.Items[i].ClientID + "_CheckBox");
I cannot do this not as combo box item does not implement any ClientID or similar functionality.

Would you please explain how can I use Prometheous combobox with check boxes in order to implement multiselection.

Thank you very much,
Yuri
Rosi
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Jan 2008
1 answer
135 views
Hello everybody!
I'm using a Radtreeview with ServerSideCallBack. Actually everything works fine, except one thing:
Whenever I expand one node, I load the childnodes of the childnodes too. This should make it possible to control whether an expand item should bei shown or not. But still the RadTreeView shows a "+" in front of every node. Is there a possibility to control whether the '+' item is shown or not?
Thx in advance & kind regards!
 Markus
Rosi
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Jan 2008
1 answer
296 views
I'm pretty new to Telerik, and I've researched this problem for a few days and none of the solutions I've found have worked for me.
I'm using DotNetNuke 4.8.0, VS2008 (9.0.2.21022.8 RTM). Tested in FF 2.0.0.11 and IE 7.0.6000. This is running on my local Vista Ultimate machine with IIS 7.0.6000. I am using .netTiers as my DAL.
I'm using the trial version - ASP.NET Q3 2007 SP1 (Version Number 2007.3.1314

What my problem is - When I click Update or Cancel, it doesn't close the edit form. The page does a postback, but the edit form is still open. I don't notice any Events firing that are firing as a result of the Cancel button, just those of a page reloading.
If I don't use a custom edit form, the default Cancel operates normally.

Any pointers would be great, I assume I'm missing something simple; I just can't see it.
Both the Edit Control and the Control with the Grid on it are posted in full below.

Thanks

My ascx with the Grid control is
<%@ Control Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="True" CodeBehind="ViewTestModule.ascx.cs" Inherits="GS_Marketplace.DotNetNuke.Modules.TestModule.ViewTestModule" %> 
<%@ Register assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" tagprefix="telerik" %> 
<asp:Label ID="lblDebug" runat="server">Vroom?</asp:Label> 
 
<telerik:RadGrid Skin="WebBlue" ID="RadGrid1" runat="server" 
            GridLines="None" AllowPaging="True" AllowSorting="True"  
    Width="97%" AutoGenerateColumns="False" ShowStatusBar="True"  
    OnNeedDataSource="RadGrid1_NeedDataSource"  
    OnUpdateCommand="RadGrid1_UpdateCommand"  
    OnInsertCommand="RadGrid1_InsertCommand"  
    OnDeleteCommand="RadGrid1_DeleteCommand"  
    oncancelcommand="RadGrid1_CancelCommand"> 
 
    <MasterTableView EnableViewState="True" EnableColumnsViewState="True" CurrentResetPageIndexAction="SetPageIndexToFirst" DataKeyNames="GenderTypeID" 
            Frame="Border" TableLayout="Auto" CommandItemDisplay="Top"> 
        <RowIndicatorColumn CurrentFilterFunction="NoFilter" FilterListOptions="VaryByDataType" Visible="False"> 
            <HeaderStyle Width="20px"></HeaderStyle> 
        </RowIndicatorColumn> 
 
        <ExpandCollapseColumn CurrentFilterFunction="NoFilter" FilterListOptions="VaryByDataType" Visible="False" Resizable="False"> 
            <HeaderStyle Width="20px"></HeaderStyle> 
        </ExpandCollapseColumn> 
        <Columns> 
            <telerik:GridEditCommandColumn UniqueName="EditCommandColumn"></telerik:GridEditCommandColumn> 
            <telerik:GridBoundColumn UniqueName="GenderTypeID" HeaderText="ID" DataField="GenderTypeID"></telerik:GridBoundColumn> 
            <telerik:GridBoundColumn UniqueName="Description" HeaderText="Description" DataField="Description"></telerik:GridBoundColumn> 
            <telerik:GridButtonColumn UniqueName="DeleteColumn" Text="Delete" CommandName="Delete" /> 
        </Columns> 
        <EditFormSettings UserControlName="~/DesktopModules/Goldstar Consulting.TestModule/TestAddControl.ascx" EditFormType="WebUserControl"> 
            <EditColumn UniqueName="EditCommandColumn1"></EditColumn> 
        </EditFormSettings> 
    </MasterTableView> 
</telerik:RadGrid> 

My UserControl edit ascx is
<%@ Control Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="True" CodeBehind="TestAddControl.ascx.cs" Inherits="GS_Marketplace.DotNetNuke.Modules.TestModule.TestAddControl" %> 
<%@ Register assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" tagprefix="telerik" %> 
<asp:Label ID="lblDebug" runat="server"></asp:Label> 
<div> 
    <telerik:RadTextBox EnableViewState="True" ID="RadTextBox1" Runat="server"  
        EmptyMessage="New Gender Type" Label="Gender" Text='<%# DataBinder.Eval(Container, "DataItem.Description") %>'  
        TextMode="SingleLine" Height="20px" Width="237px"> 
    </telerik:RadTextBox> 
</div> 
 
<div align="right"> 
    <asp:button EnableViewState="True" id="btnUpdate" text="Update" runat="server" CommandName="Update" Visible='<%# !(Container is Telerik.Web.UI.GridInsertionObject) %>'></asp:button> 
            <asp:button  EnableViewState="True" id="btnInsert" text="Insert" runat="server" CommandName="PerformInsert" Visible='<%# Container is Telerik.Web.UI.GridInsertionObject %>'></asp:button> 
            &nbsp; 
            <asp:button  EnableViewState="True" id="btnCancel" text="Cancel" runat="server" causesvalidation="False" commandname="Cancel"></asp:button> 
</div> 
The only thing I have in the code is some simple DataBinding in PageLoad
 protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e) 
        { 
            try 
            { 
                if (!IsPostBack) 
                { 
                } 
 
                GenderTypeService genderTypeService = new GenderTypeService(); 
                int totalCount = 0; 
                TList<GenderType> genderTypeList = genderTypeService.GetPaged(GenderTypeColumn.Deleted + " = 'false'", GenderTypeColumn.GenderTypeId.ToString(), 0, 10, out totalCount); 
 
 
                RadGrid1.DataSource = genderTypeList.ToDataSet(false); 
                RadGrid1.DataBind(); 
            } 
            catch (Exception ex) 
            { 
                Exceptions.ProcessModuleLoadException(this, ex); 
            } 
        } 
Kiara
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 22 Jan 2008
6 answers
194 views
Hi,

2nd post regarding the radCombo. One of the things I did with the non-prometheus version was to disable the combo in client side code. If I do this with the new prometheus version, I get an exception thrown in the client side script. Below this message is an example.

With the sample below, the combo is initially enabled. After resizing the radwindow, the combo is disabled. Moving the mouse over the combo throws a "Value must be a DOM element" exception.

I'm on IE7 on Windows XP (the code seems to be within a check for internet explorer)

Regards

Bobby

<%

@ Page Language="VB" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="Default.aspx.vb" Inherits="_Default" %>

<%

@ Register Assembly="RadComboBox.Net2" Namespace="Telerik.WebControls" TagPrefix="radC" %>

<%

@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" TagPrefix="telerik" %>

<!

DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.1//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml11/DTD/xhtml11.dtd">

<

html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">

<

head runat="server">

<title>Untitled Page</title>

</

head>

<

body>

<

script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" >

function

OnClientResize(sender, eventArgs)

{

RadComboBox1.Disable()

}

</

script>

<form id="form1" runat="server">

<asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server" />

<radC:RadComboBox ID="RadComboBox1" runat="server" SkinsPath="~/RadControls/ComboBox/Skins" ZIndex="90000"

Width="150px">

<Items>

<radC:RadComboBoxItem runat="server" Text="RadComboBoxItem1" />

<radC:RadComboBoxItem runat="server" Text="RadComboBoxItem2" />

<radC:RadComboBoxItem runat="server" Text="RadComboBoxItem3" />

<radC:RadComboBoxItem runat="server" Text="RadComboBoxItem4" />

<radC:RadComboBoxItem runat="server" Text="RadComboBoxItem5" />

<radC:RadComboBoxItem runat="server" Text="RadComboBoxItem6" />

<radC:RadComboBoxItem runat="server" Text="RadComboBoxItem7" />

<radC:RadComboBoxItem runat="server" Text="RadComboBoxItem8" />

<radC:RadComboBoxItem runat="server" Text="RadComboBoxItem9" />

<radC:RadComboBoxItem runat="server" Text="RadComboBoxItem10" />

<radC:RadComboBoxItem runat="server" Text="RadComboBoxItem11" />

</Items>

</radC:RadComboBox>

<div>

<telerik:RadWindowManager ID="RadWindowManager1" runat="server" OnClientResize="OnClientResize" VisibleOnPageLoad="True">

<Windows>

<telerik:RadWindow runat="server" Animation="None" Behavior="Default" Behaviors="Default"

InitialBehavior="None" InitialBehaviors="None" Left="" NavigateUrl="" Style="display: none;"

Top="">

</telerik:RadWindow>

</Windows>

</telerik:RadWindowManager>

</div>

</form>

</

body>

</

html>

James
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 22 Jan 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?