Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
146 views
Hi,

I'm having a problem when dragging a node from treeview1 that has an individual node template to treeview2. The first time the drag is performed everything works fine... ie. The node is added to treeview2 with the node template intact. If I try to drag another node from tree1 to tree2 the node template disappears, not only for the dropped node in tree2 but all nodes in tree1 and any node that had been added to tree2...

Any suggestions on how to resolve this?

Thanks
Dimitar Milushev
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Jan 2008
3 answers
127 views
Hi,

I'm having a problem with the editor I'm using on my website.

For some reason when I the following text into my editor, it comes out with the following source code:

Text entered:
Line 1

Line 2

HTML source:
 Line 1<br><br>
<br><br>
Line 2<br><br>

Why is this happening?

Thanks,

Curt.

Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Jan 2008
2 answers
276 views
Hi,

Sorry if this has been discussed, I couldn't find much on the forum.

I have a RadComboBox inside an asp:UpdatePanel. The ComboBox performs an OnSelectedIndexChanged Postback which loads soome detail about the selected item onto the page. However, when I select an Item it performs a full page PostBack, as if the UpdatePanel weren't there.

EXAMPLE:
<asp:UpdatePanel ID="PersonDetailPanel" runat="server">
    <ContentTemplate>
        <telerik:RadComboBox ID="PersonNameCombo" runat="server"
            OnItemsRequested="PersonNameCombo_ItemsRequested" EnableLoadOnDemand="True"
            OnSelectedIndexChanged="PersonNameCombo_SelectedIndexChanged"
            AutoPostBack="true" Width="350px" />
        <asp:Label ID="AgeLabel" runat="server" /><br/>
        <asp:Label ID="AddressLabel" runat="server" />
    </ContentTemplate>
</asp:UpdatePanel>

Is there a solution to this?

Cheers
Jordan
Jordan Harrison
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 23 Jan 2008
1 answer
183 views
Does anyone have an example of a grid with radio buttons?  I'm trying to emulate an "Evite-like" process. All of the invitees for an event will be shown in a grid  - radio button values will be "Yes", "No", and "Maybe".  Each user can see all of the responses but will only be able to change his/her "invite".  No other data in the grid can be edited.

Thanks.
Yavor
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Jan 2008
1 answer
134 views
I am trying to programmatically set the checked property of a checkboxcolumn from a db column that is not of boolean type.
I followed the code examples posted in
http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/thread/b311D-bahhdt.aspx
and
http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/thread/b311D-bagkkb.aspx

so I used
    protected void RadGrid1_ItemDataBound(object sender, GridItemEventArgs e)
    {
        if (e.Item is GridDataItem)
        {
            GridDataItem item = (GridDataItem)e.Item;
            CheckBox chk = (CheckBox)item.FindControl("CUST_ACTIVE");
            chk.Checked = (item.GetDataKeyValue("CUST_ACTIVE").ToString() == "Y");
        }
    }
in this way chk is = null

using the second post way

    protected void RadGrid1_ItemDataBound(object sender, GridItemEventArgs e)
    {
        if (e.Item is GridDataItem)
        {
            GridDataItem item = (GridDataItem)e.Item;
            CheckBox chk = (CheckBox)item.DataItem["CUST_ACTIVE"].Controls[0];
 
        }
    }

get the compiler error
unable to use [] index to an object expression.

Wich is the rigth way to acces a column using its uniquename property?

Thanks, Angdrak


Yavor
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Jan 2008
8 answers
252 views
Hello,

I read the tutorial on printing a pane, which is great, but I need to do something slightly different and was just wondering if it was possible.

The documentation gives the following code:

<a href="javascript:PrintPane('<%= LeftPane.ClientID %>');">Print the content of 'Left Pane'</a><br />
<a href="javascript:PrintPane('<%= ExternalContentPane.ClientID %>');">Print the content of 'External Content Pane'</a>

<script type="text/javascript">
function PrintPane (paneID)
{
  var splitter = $find('<%= RadSplitter1.ClientID%>');
  var pane = splitter.GetPaneById(paneID);

  if (!pane) return;

  var cssFileAbsPath = 'http://localhost/printStyles.css';
  var arrExtStylsheetFiles = [
    cssFileAbsPath
  ];

  pane.Print(arrExtStylsheetFiles);
}
</script>

How do I get this working if the splitter is contained in a Master page and the button that is to call the print function resides in a user control that is called within the content pane of the splitter that I want to print?

The code provided obviously can't find the splitter or the pane ID as it is in the master.

Thanks,

Michael
Michael Dunbar
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 23 Jan 2008
3 answers
278 views
Hello,

Still with my long dsatabase insert monitored by a radProgressArea, after 1'28s running I get this exception on the client
line 604, The  server process time out.

But the button trigering this is normally not oing asynch ajax request ???

I have a radManager but the button is never used as an event source (but its state is refreshed by another ajax event).

Thanks for help.
CS
Sophy
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Jan 2008
1 answer
60 views
Hello!

When using the RadTreeView and setting an ExpandedImageUrl, the Image doesn't show up, until you move the mouse over the name of the node.


Dimitar Milushev
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Jan 2008
1 answer
273 views
My applcation executes about 50 "insert queries".  I'd like to show a progess bar that would be updated after each query is executed.

Similar functionality is needed for a process that reads several thousand records.  I'd like to update a progress bar 100 times during the processing.

Thanks.
David Silveria
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 23 Jan 2008
1 answer
156 views
I want to show all items in the grid but some for wich I set enabled property to false on the server I don't want to be selectable.
Does anybody jnows is there a way to get this property on the client in RowSelecting event handler?

Thanks,
Grisha
Yavor
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Jan 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?