Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
8 answers
311 views

Type 'Telerik.Web.UI.DockState' in Assembly 'Telerik.Web.UI, Version=2007.3.1314.35, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=121fae78165ba3d4' is not marked as serializable.

I need to serialiaze the List<DockState> so I can save the XML to the database and I get the error above.
Petya
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Jan 2008
6 answers
176 views
Hello,

I am using the latest release. It seems, that ContextMenu and ToolTip in NamingContainers are not working as they should, when a control is used several times on a page.

I have the following setup:
UserControls with ContextMenu and ToolTip in it. Both are assinged to other TargetControls (Panels) using the controls ID.

This UserControl is used 1 to many times on a page (portal page using RadDock).

Both, the ContextMenu and Tooltip are only shown in ONE UserControl. Not in the others placed on the page. The ONE is that, which is first added to the page.

This setup worked with the common RadMenu used as ContextMenu and I with older versions of Prometheus.

Can you help with this issue?

Thanks,
Rainer

Erjan Gavalji
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Jan 2008
3 answers
274 views
Hi,

I am testing the Radgrid, and i am facing a problem with the sort. I am manually binding the data source.

My data source is a Enumerable type that is returned from a linq query. The grid show the values correctly, but when i try to sort any column  the  column header disappear  and  the content of the table  stay  inalterable.

Regards
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 29 Jan 2008
1 answer
139 views
To...Telerik Team
How do I get the text from track changes to display in my own dialog and store seperately without showing the telerik track changes dialog.
Help me please!!
PuM
Sophy
Telerik team
 answered on 29 Jan 2008
2 answers
184 views

Hi,

I am going through my code one Telerik control at a time updating them to the Prometheus version and have stumbled across an issue with the new RadComboBox which I cannot fix.

My combobox is loaded with dynamic data from a SQL database and each item consists of an image followed by a string of text.  I had set up a template for this and assigned it programmatically.  This worked perfectly well with the regualar RadComboBox.  Having upgraded to the Prometheus version, I get no images and no text on the combobox items, and having debugged the template, the code never enters the databound control functions listed below (it does enter InstantiateIn).

Can anyone help please as I have checked all the help and this does not seem to have changed between versions?

Thanks in advance.

EntityTypeCombo.ItemTemplate = new ComboBoxHandler.EntityTypeTemplate();  
 
public class EntityTypeTemplate : ITemplate  
{  
    public void InstantiateIn(Control container)  
    {  
        Image image1 = new Image();  
        image1.DataBinding += new EventHandler(image1_DataBinding);  
 
        Label label1 = new Label();  
        label1.ID = "ItemLabel";  
        label1.DataBinding += new EventHandler(label1_DataBinding);  
        container.Controls.Add(image1);  
        container.Controls.Add(label1);  
    }  
 
    private void image1_DataBinding(object sender, EventArgs e)  
    {  
        Image target = (Image)sender;  
        RadComboBoxItem item = (RadComboBoxItem)target.BindingContainer;  
        string itemText = (string)DataBinder.Eval(item, "Value");  
        target.ImageUrl = "images\\" + itemText + ".gif";  
    }  
 
    private void label1_DataBinding(object sender, EventArgs e)  
    {  
        Label target = (Label)sender;  
        RadComboBoxItem item = (RadComboBoxItem)target.BindingContainer;  
        string itemText = " " + (string)DataBinder.Eval(item, "Text");  
        target.Text = itemText;  
    }  
}  
 

Jonathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 29 Jan 2008
1 answer
206 views
One of the websites I am working on uses viewstate compression, in doing so it saves the viewstate into a non standard hidden field which does not appear to be picked up by Telerik Ajax on a post back.

Is there some way to define what hidden field is used to store your viewstate in?
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 29 Jan 2008
1 answer
121 views
Is there a way to define the content on the source aspx page, similar to how you would do it with the ajax control toolkit and a panel?  I would like to not have to create new pages for all of the windows I would like to use.

thanks
~David
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 29 Jan 2008
1 answer
108 views
Hello Community,

I'm working on a portal site project based on MyPortal demo.
Within a user control, I have a "Prometheus" RadScheduler. When I add a RadDock with this user control, the Scheduler is not rendered properly since its CSS files have not been loaded at first and are not loaded dynamicaly during the Ajax request.

My question is how to have the CSS files loaded?
Since I dynamicaly load the user control within a dock which in turn is dynamicaly loaded within an UpdatePanel, is it possible (and if yes how) to notify ASP.NET or ASJAX ASP.NET to have the browser loading the CSS files.

I know that a solution would be to first register link to all CSS files, but I think it would force the browser to load many CSS files that wouldn't be needed after all.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

BR, Laurent
Petya
Telerik team
 answered on 29 Jan 2008
2 answers
135 views

I have a static RadDockZone, and I add RadDocks dynamically. Everything works fine. But for my page layout I needed to add some styles to the RadDockZone: position it absolutely and add z-index: -1 (so that some other controls can be shown above the zone). While positioning doesn't seem to affect RadDockZone, setting z-index: -1 makes it impossible to close any RadDock inside (I click the x and nothing happens, in both IE and FF).

My markup:

<telerik:RadDockZone runat="server" ID="RadDockZone1" style="position: absolute; top: 50px; left: 5px; z-index: -1;" Width="980px" Height="800px" Orientation="Horizontal">

</telerik:RadDockZone>

Is it a bug or should I add positioning styles to the RadDockZone in some other way?

Petya
Telerik team
 answered on 29 Jan 2008
2 answers
114 views
Does anyone know if there is a document/tool for helping in the conversion of the skins to Prometheus?  CSS is not my strong point and it looks like the new skins are a lot more complicated than the old ones.  I am trying to do the combobox right now.  It would be very nice to have a document that maps the old css classes to the new ones.  Even better would be images with arrows comparing the 2 different controls. 

Thanks....

Jason
Dimo
Telerik team
 answered on 29 Jan 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?