Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
8 answers
440 views
Hello  Sir
       I want to work with Radeditor control.For this i have aded it to my project .Running the project show this control but it is not working or more clearly neither of telrik control is working.it just simply displayed. neither i can write in radeditor control.
Please help me.
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 29 Jan 2008
3 answers
212 views
I have a grid and want the ability to center the page on a certain row.


I am not using scrolling (or what ever that option is to create scroll bars, etc).

right now I am trying the following:

protected void RadGrid1_ItemDataBound(object sender, GridItemEventArgs e)
        {
 if (e.Item is GridDataItem)
            {
                String guidToScroll = Request.QueryString["guid"];
                if (!String.IsNullOrEmpty(guidToScroll))
                {
                    try
                    {
                        Guid scrollTo = new Guid(guidToScroll);

                        if (((MyObject)e.Item.DataItem).GUID == scrollTo)
                        {
                            (e.Item as GridDataItem).Selected = true;
                            (e.Item as GridDataItem).Focus();
                        }
                    }
                    catch { }
                }

            }

But focus doesn't center on the page (it cuts of part of the row actually), and after calling it firefox doesn't support click selection any more.
Nikita Gourme
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 29 Jan 2008
3 answers
108 views
Hello,

   I've noticed that my RadScheduler events are 30 minutes off when I place my RadScheduler in a content page that's in a RadSplitter.  All of my events appear to start 30 minutes earlier than they actually do.  Have you seen this before? 

   Thanks,

    Brian
T. Tsonev
Telerik team
 answered on 29 Jan 2008
1 answer
219 views
How do you display the up/down arrows of the numeric editor on a grid?
Konstantin Petkov
Telerik team
 answered on 29 Jan 2008
4 answers
157 views
Hi Guys,

I have a GridClientSelectColumn and I don't want to display at the start, and we a user click on a button, the GridClientSelectColumn should show.

Few problems:
1. I can hide the column at the start using visible or display property. But I am unable to display the column back using
 var column1 = $find("<%=rg.ClientID %>").get_masterTableView().get_columns()[0]; 
        column1.set_visible(true) 
         

2. When I hide the column, the space still occupied!

Basically, I would like to hide and show a column using client API.

Is this possible? Please advise me!

Cheers,
Shane


Shane
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 28 Jan 2008
2 answers
123 views
I am prototyping a business application using all Telerik RadControls for ASP.NET or RadControls Prometheus.  The application has a single "main" page that contains, for navigation, 3 tabstrips, a panelbar, a combobox and a toolbar.  There is also an AjaxManager on the main page that handles all the ajax behavior between all these controls.

All of the controls on the main page are along the left side and top, leaving an area in the lower right for the ultimate content which is generally a RadGrid.  Depending on how the user navigates, they can expose any of 25 different grids, each with their own column layout, varying behavior on the item bound and group changing events, templated columns, etc.

So I am wondering what the best way to handle this is.  I could declaratively put a grid "skeleton" on the main page and then produce everything else programmatically for each different grid.  I don't have a problem with this approach, but I am wondering if I will ever run into functionality down the line that I can only do declaratively?  Also, are there any performance concerns between declarative / programmatic?
 
The first grid I did for a prototype is tentatively on its own aspx page and I brought that into the main page as the src in an iframe on the main page.  Separate aspx pages would be a great way to manage the code both declarative and programmatic.  However, the grid on it cannot be seen by the main page's AjaxManager.  I was hoping to use the AjaxProxy for this - but now that I read the docs, it seems to only support User Controls and Master/Content pages.  Would it also work in a src page of an iframe?  I saw in the previous version of the Rad ASP.NET controls a way to register controls from a page with a manager on another page on the fly.  If the new proxy control doesn't work in this situation, would the old method of registering on the fly be a good solution?
 
Of course, there are several other potential options too.  I could go with user control(s) - but I don't immediately see much advantage to that other than possibly being able to use the proxy.
 
Any advice or comments would be appreciated!
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 28 Jan 2008
4 answers
151 views
Hi,
This is killing me and I know it's probably just a general .net question, but I was hoping someone here could help out...

I am dynamically loading two user controls into a page.
treeview.ascx - contains a treeview with id "rtv"
editor.ascx - contains rad editor

I'm loading the user controls like this from default.aspx.vb:
Dim ctrlPage As UserControl = LoadControl(ctrlPath & "page/treeview.ascx")
PlaceHolder0.Controls.Add(ctrlPage)

I would like to find "rtv" in treeview.ascx from the code behind of editor.ascx so that I can enurate through the nodes.

Make sense?

Thanks for any help,
Joe
Joe
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 28 Jan 2008
2 answers
227 views
I'm considering using the D & D functionality but have 1 issue.  I don't want certain nodes to be able to be selected for moving.  I know which one they are when I'm loading so I can use the NodeBound event to set this.  Is there a programatic way to make this happen?

Thanks in advance,
Al
Alfred Ortega
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 28 Jan 2008
1 answer
239 views
I have a javascript function in my ASPX that gets executed during a particular process in my application.  In addition to what this function already does, I would like to cause my Grid to refresh--thereby forcing the server-side to reobtain the dataset and bind to it.

Ideally, I would like javascript to cause an AJAX request and have the Grid's server-side NeedDataSource event to fire.

If there is a programming best-approach to handling this, I would love to know how it is done.

Thank you very much,

David Nowak.
plamen
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 28 Jan 2008
1 answer
107 views
Hello,

When pasting HTML code to the html view of the editor, I can see the span tags with their IDs.
However, when switching to the WYSIWYG view, and switching again to the html view, the IDs of the span tags are not there anymore.
This is a problem because some js code use these IDs...

Is there a property to set or something to do to prevent the IDs to be deleted?

Thx a lot,

Sylvain
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Jan 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?