Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
3 answers
192 views
Hi,

I recognized that when I reduce the filter menu options and choose one item, the check mark is on the wrong position(e.g. GreaterThan was formerly on position 8 and now on position 6, but the check mark is still on position 8).

I used this: http://www.telerik.com/help/radcontrols/prometheus/grdReducingFilterMenuOptions.html

With kind regards

Philip
Yavor
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Mar 2008
3 answers
136 views
Hello,

I think I found another bug with the Rad Editor -- this one in particular is a problem with the image manager's upload feature.  I have properly set up the upload path but I'm getting an exception when I select an image to upload and then proceed to hit the 'Upload' button. 

When I do so, I get the following exception:
Failed to map the path '/imagename.jpg'.   where imagename.jpg is the file I selected on my local machine to upload.

The work around is that I get out of the upload dialog and go back to the image manager's main screen which shows the directory structure on the server.  I then double click on the '..' value to move up one directory, then double click on the folder I was just in (basically putting me back where I started from), then click on the upload button and proceed to upload the same file which will now upload properly. 

I am setting the upload path of the radeditor dynamically in the Page_PreRender event.  I don't know if that has something to do with it because the path shows up properly the in the image manager.  Please advise...

Thanks,
Erin

Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Mar 2008
1 answer
172 views
Hi,

I encounter an error while setting the ImagesPaths for the RadHTMLField control to the root directory.

Here is how I set the Image path in the config file.
<property name="ImagesPaths"><item>~/PressReleases/PublishingImages</item></property>
  <property name="UploadImagesPaths"><item>~/PressReleases/PublishingImages</item></property>
  <property name="DeleteImagesPaths"><item>~/PressReleases/PublishingImages</item></property>

System will prompt
"Server Error in '/' Application"
"/~/" contains illegal character '~'

Exception details : Microsoft.Sharepoint.SPException:"/~/" contains illegal character '~'

The error is solved when I changed the image path to
<property name="ImagesPaths"><item>PressReleases/PublishingImages</item></property>

But I would like to make the path to be dynamic to the sub site. Any idea how I should configure the Image path

Thanks
Andy
George
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Mar 2008
1 answer
109 views
I hope you have patience with a couple of basic questions from a newbie user. We have MOSS 2007 with RadEditor installed. I am not the installer, but I'm supposed to get up to speed on the functionality so I can train others. Specifically, right now I'm trying to understand the MOSS wiki, and I'm not sure if what I'm seeing is normal wiki functionality or Rad functionality.

I've used other wikis before, but so far the MOSS wiki doesn't seem to be very much like those. The only wiki "tag" supported seems to be the [[ ]] link to another page. Is that correct? (I know that's a MOSS question, but I'd sure appreciate someone confirming what I'm seeing.)

That [[ ]] tag doesn't even support links to anchors within a page, does it?

I switched to the HTML mode in the RadEditor and I typed in a <a href> tag by hand. I saved the changes, and then opened the page in HTML mode again. The URL in the href tag had been removed, so all I had left was <a href="">link text</a>. What happened there? Why can't I create hyperlinks manually? I only tried a relative URL -- do I need to use absolute URLs?

I tried creating an anchor tag as <a name="anchor">. After saving the page and then opening it again in HTML mode, the tag had been changed to <a href="" name="anchor">. That confuses the browser because it thinks it's a hyperlink tag, not an anchor. Seems like odd behavior to me.

Finally, is there a configuration setting to turn off HTML reformatting? In other words, if I edit a wiki page in HTML mode, I don't want RadEditor to attempt to "clean up" the HTML -- just leave it as I wrote it.
Lini
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Mar 2008
2 answers
257 views
Hi,

I tried following Code in the new Futures Release of Prometheus:
var filter = "([Subject] LIKE \'%Test%\')";  
RadGridMessages.MasterTableView.FilterExpression = filter;  
RadGridMessages.MasterTableView.Rebind(); 

When Rebind() is reached, following Exception is thrown: "Expression expected".
If I leave out the [] the Exception " ')' or operator expected" is thrown.

This error occures only with the new Futures Build. The code works almost the same manner as the documentation and the demo.

Can you help me?
Thank you und with kind regards,

Philip
Philip
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 27 Mar 2008
1 answer
169 views
Hello,

Did someone manage to configure Intellisense to support RadControls "Prometheus" scripts?
I'd like to get autocompletion to write lines such as the following:

    if

(Telerik.Web.UI.RadComboBox.isInstanceOfType(source))


I tried something like the following without success:

    ///<reference name="RadComboBoxScripts.js" assembly="Telerik.Web.UI"/>

Any idea?

Thanks, Laurent

Atanas Korchev
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Mar 2008
1 answer
160 views
Hi,
I need to export a grid to excel without grouping.
I've tried:

RadGrid1.MasterTableView.GroupByExpressions.Clear();  
RadGrid1.Rebind();
RadGrid1.MasterTableView.ExportToExcel();

Why this not cancels the GroupByExpression?

Regards,
Andreas
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Mar 2008
25 answers
824 views
I'm getting this error after upgrading from Prometheus 1314 to 1425.

Field not found: 'Telerik.Charting.ActiveRegion.activeRegionList'.

[MissingFieldException: Field not found: 'Telerik.Charting.ActiveRegion.activeRegionList'.]
   Telerik.Web.UI.MapAreaBuilder.GenerateImageMap(IContainer container) +0
   Telerik.Web.UI.RadChart.RenderContents(HtmlTextWriter writer) +1128
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebControl.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) +29
   Telerik.Web.UI.RadDataBoundControl.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) +9
...

Because of the "GenerateImageMap" in the above, I tried adding the CreateImageMap="false" option to the chart, and it no longer errors out, so I'm fine now, but I'm guessing others might run into this.  I'm going to report this as a bug now...  Just an FYI to any early adopters out there.
damien jorgensen
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 27 Mar 2008
8 answers
295 views

In my project i am adding usercontrol dynamically that is productlist.ascx in content page which is LoadPage.aspx (using master page). there are two dropdown on productlist.ascx: one is drpcountry and other is drpcity. i am filling drpcity when i click on drpcountry using ajax. But ajax is not applying in this scenerio on dropdown click.

But in other case where usercontrol is static in aspx page is working fine. In above case when it is dynamic it is not working.

Code on ProductList.ascx:

<asp:DropDownList ID="drpCountry" runat="server" Width="148px" AutoPostBack="True" OnSelectedIndexChanged="drpCountry_SelectedIndexChanged" meta:resourcekey="drpCountryResource1" >
        </asp:DropDownList>
<asp:DropDownList ID="drpCity" runat="server" Width="148px" meta:resourcekey="drpCityResource1">
            <asp:ListItem Value="0" meta:resourcekey="ListItemResource1">-- Not Available --</asp:ListItem>
        </asp:DropDownList>

<telerik:RadAjaxManagerProxy ID="RadAjaxManagerProxy1" runat="server">
    <AjaxSettings>
        <telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="drpCountry">
            <UpdatedControls>
                <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="drpCity" />
            </UpdatedControls>
        </telerik:AjaxSetting>
    </AjaxSettings>
</telerik:RadAjaxManagerProxy>

 

code on LoadPage.aspx:

<asp:Content ID="content1" ContentPlaceHolderID="CentralColumn" runat="server">
     <telerik:RadScriptManager ID="RadScriptManager1" runat="server">
     </telerik:RadScriptManager>
 <asp:Panel ID="Panel1" runat="server" Height="50px" Width="100%">
    </asp:Panel>
 <asp:PlaceHolder ID="phControlHolder" Runat="server" Visible="True"></asp:PlaceHolder>
    &nbsp;<br />
    <radA:RadAjaxPanel ID="RadAjaxPanel1" runat="server" Height="200px" Width="100%">
        &nbsp;
        &nbsp;&nbsp;
       
    </radA:RadAjaxPanel>

  
        <radA:RadAjaxManager ID="RadAjaxManager2" runat="server">
        </radA:RadAjaxManager>
        <radA:AjaxLoadingPanel ID="AjaxLoadingPanel2" runat="server" Height="75px" Width="75px">
            <asp:Image ID="Image1" runat="server" AlternateText="Loading..." ImageUrl="~/App_Themes/Ajax/Default/loading.gif" />
        </radA:AjaxLoadingPanel>
  

</asp:Content>

i am dynamically adding usercontrol in panel on loadpage.aspx page.

i am currently using new radcontrols "RadControls_Prometheus_2007_3_1425".

Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Mar 2008
1 answer
145 views
I know we can resize the width of columns but I cannot expand the size of  grid.
Like I can not expand the width of last column from right end.

Do we have a way to expand the grid?

Regards,
Elton
Yavor
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Mar 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?