Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
88 views
I thing that i found a bug. Tabstrip not working with asp:login together becouse tabstip fire validators in asp:login.
Code sample:
<%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeBehind="WebForm1.aspx.cs" Inherits="ITDT.Gossip.Portal.WebForm1" %> 
 
<%@ Register TagPrefix="telerik" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" %> 
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> 
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"> 
<head runat="server"> 
    <title>Untitled Page</title> 
</head> 
<body> 
    <form id="form1" runat="server"> 
    <telerik:RadScriptManager ID="ScriptManager" runat="server" /> 
    <div> 
    <asp:Login runat="server"></asp:Login> 
            <telerik:RadTabStrip ID="RadTabStrip1" runat="server"> 
            <Tabs> 
                <telerik:RadTab runat="server" Text="Tab1" PerTabScrolling="True" ScrollChildren="True" 
                    Selected="True"> 
                    <Tabs> 
                        <telerik:RadTab runat="server" Text="Child Tab 1" /> 
                        <telerik:RadTab runat="server" Text="Child Tab 2" Selected="True" /> 
                        <telerik:RadTab runat="server" Text="Child Tab 3" /> 
                        <telerik:RadTab runat="server" Text="Child Tab 4" /> 
                        <telerik:RadTab runat="server" Text="Child Tab 5" /> 
                    </Tabs> 
                </telerik:RadTab> 
                <telerik:RadTab runat="server" Text="Tab2" /> 
                <telerik:RadTab runat="server" Text="Tab3" /> 
            </Tabs> 
        </telerik:RadTabStrip> 
    </div> 
    </form> 
</body> 
</html> 
 

Paul
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Apr 2008
1 answer
127 views
Hi,

I've ran into an issue with the rad window. Scenario: I have a page that has a vertical scroll bar, i open a rad window half way down the page. Opens fine, now if i go to click+drag the window it disappears in a way. What happens is when i go to drag it, it places itself at the very top of the page (where i can no longer see since i've scrolled down). If i let go i can scroll up and find the window. Any ideas?

-Brian
George
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Apr 2008
5 answers
189 views
Hi guys,
I would lik to know what is the best way to update from the beta version to the latest release?  Do I have to unistall, exe, manual install etc...

Thanks,
Eric

ps.  Maybe a forum name "Installation" should be added under the different products. Just my 2 cents anyway.
Vladimir Milev
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Apr 2008
1 answer
246 views
I've just upgraded the controls to the Q1 release of RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX.

I'm using the Office 2007 skin throughout my application and in many places have readonly text boxes.  However I have now found that the style of the readonly textboxes for this release has changed and they are now almost completely unreadable in readonly mode (a little ironic perhaps)  as they display a dark blue/grey text on an only slightly lighter blue/grey background.

Is there anything I can do about this?

Thanks.
Dimo
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Apr 2008
4 answers
129 views
Is it possible to suppress or relocate the tooltip that appears when you drag the vertical scrollbar when you have VirtualPaging enabled?

I ask 'cos I have a grid that displays in a RadWindow as a popup. The Grid fills 100% of the Window. If I drag the vertical scrollbar towards the bottom of the window, the tooltip overlaps the edge of the window and causes the system to display additional scrollbars on the window container.

--
Stuart
Dan
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 22 Apr 2008
3 answers
199 views
Hi

I am using scheduler application and the sample you have provided there
I have by passed the session you have provided in sessiondatasource.cs
and storing values in the database.

Now I want show confirmation window in the application. How to do when i am having my updated functionality in the sessiondatasource.cs, how to raise Confirmation window from SessionDataSource.cs file

Thanks and Regards
Suresh
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Apr 2008
11 answers
384 views
I am trying to get functionality that used to work before Prometheus working using the new controls.

We need to dynamically populate a context menu based on which grid cell the right-click occurs upon. We have the context menu within a RadAjaxPanel and before we were using Javascript fired on the right-click to update the RadAjaxPanel, build the context menu, and then display the menu.

Now that we're using the Prometheus RadAjaxPanel and RadContextMenu I get this error at page load:

The Controls collection cannot be modified because the control contains code blocks (i.e. <% ... %>).

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: The Controls collection cannot be modified because the control contains code blocks (i.e. <% ... %>).

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[HttpException (0x80004005): The Controls collection cannot be modified because the control contains code blocks (i.e. <% ... %>).]
System.Web.UI.ControlCollection.AddAt(Int32 index, Control child) +2108046
Telerik.Web.UI.RadAjaxControl.MoveUpdatePanel(Control initiator, Control updated) +207
Telerik.Web.UI.RadAjaxControl.PerformRender() +403
Telerik.Web.UI.RadAjaxControl.OnPageRender(HtmlTextWriter writer, Control page) +1473
Telerik.Web.UI.RadAjaxControl.RenderPageInAjaxMode(HtmlTextWriter writer, Control page) +124
System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildrenInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ICollection children) +98
System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildren(HtmlTextWriter writer) +20
System.Web.UI.Page.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) +26
System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControlInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter) +25
System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter) +121
System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer) +22
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2558


If I replace the RadAjaxPanel with a Microsoft UpdatePanel the problem goes away. However, that creates another problem for us. During the server update of the update panel we place Javascript within it in order to display the context menu in the right position when the update page returns. The RadAjaxPanel let us do that and the Javascript would get executed. The Microsoft UpdatePanel just ignores it.

I've tried calling a Javascript function within the RadContextMenu's OnClientLoad to show the menu, but that results in yet another error. It breaks within the Telerik Javascript on something to do with the slide animation of displaying the menu. I tried setting the animation to "None", but that didn't resolve it. I suspect the real problem in this case is that menu isn't fully loaded yet, and I'm tyring to call showAt within the load event.

So my question is.... Is there a workaround to the first problem? If not, is there an alternative solution to the second problem?

Building the context menu using  a web service would be ideal, but I pursued that as documented in another thread and never got it to work. I know that behavior wasn't officially supported anyway. Even still, I've lost a week of work trying to get this problem fixed.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Terry


Erjan Gavalji
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Apr 2008
2 answers
220 views
Hi,
  I'm using radgrid (and skin = Vista )and i try to change row backgound color on event itemdatabound but it doesn't work. What should i do?

My code is

Protected Sub grdRoom_ItemDataBound(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As Telerik.WebControls.GridItemEventArgs) Handles grdRoom.ItemDataBound

If e.Item.ItemType = Telerik.WebControls.GridItemType.Item Or e.Item.ItemType = Telerik.WebControls.GridItemType.AlternatingItem Then

Dim r As DataRow = CType(e.Item.DataItem, DataRowView).Row

Dim hpl As LinkButton = e.Item.FindControl("lnkRemark")

If r("remark") Is DBNull.Value OrElse r("remark").ToString.Trim = "" Then

hpl.Text =

"NoRemark<br>"

Else

hpl.Text =

"Remark<br>"

End If

If r("reply") Is DBNull.Value OrElse r("reply").ToString.Trim = "" Then

hpl.Text &=

"NoReply"

Else

hpl.Text &=

"Replied"

End If

hpl.OnClientClick = Master._Mdl._OpenRadWinString(

"./RoomReply.aspx?doc_no=" & r("doc_no").ToString.Trim _

, r(

"doc_no").ToString.Trim, 500, 500)

If r("cancel_request") Then

e.Item.BackColor = Drawing.Color.Red

else

e.Item.BackColor = Drawing.Color.Green

End

If

End If

End Sub


********* for aspx.vb ******

<

radG:RadGrid id="grdRoom" runat="server" Width="99%" GridLines="None" AutoGenerateColumns="False" SkinID="DefaultGrid" AllowSorting="True" AllowMultiRowSelection="True" EnableAJAX="True">

<

ExportSettings>

<

Pdf PageWidth="8.5in" PageRightMargin="" PageFooterMargin="" PageLeftMargin="" PageTopMargin="" PageHeight="11in" PageBottomMargin="" PageHeaderMargin=""></Pdf>

</

ExportSettings>

<

ClientSettings ApplyStylesOnClient="True" AllowColumnsReorder="True" ReorderColumnsOnClient="True">

<

Selecting AllowRowSelect="True"></Selecting>

</

ClientSettings>

<

MasterTableView><Columns>

<radG:GridClientSelectColumn UniqueName="ClientSelectColumn" />

<radG:GridTemplateColumn UniqueName="remarklink" HeaderText="Remark">

<ItemTemplate>

<asp:LinkButton ID="lnkRemark" runat="server">LinkButton</asp:LinkButton>

</ItemTemplate>

<HeaderStyle Width="100px" />

</radG:GridTemplateColumn>

<radG:GridBoundColumn DataField="room_code" HeaderText="Room" SortExpression="room_code"

UniqueName="room_code">

<HeaderStyle Width="30px" />

</radG:GridBoundColumn>

<radG:GridBoundColumn DataField="meeting_title" HeaderText="Title" SortExpression="meeting_title"

UniqueName="meeting_title">

<HeaderStyle Width="200px" />

</radG:GridBoundColumn>

<radG:GridBoundColumn DataField="request_by" HeaderText="Name" SortExpression="request_by"

UniqueName="user_name">

<HeaderStyle Width="200px" />

</radG:GridBoundColumn>

<radG:GridBoundColumn DataField="tel_no" HeaderText="Tel" UniqueName="tel_no">

<HeaderStyle Width="50px" />

</radG:GridBoundColumn>

<

radG:GridBoundColumn DataField="room_area_name" UniqueName="room_area_name" HeaderText="Area.">

<

HeaderStyle Width="150px"></HeaderStyle>

</

radG:GridBoundColumn>

<radG:GridBoundColumn DataField="use_date" DataFormatString="{0:dd/MM/yy}" HeaderText="Date"

SortExpression="use_date" UniqueName="use_date">

<HeaderStyle Width="60px" />

</radG:GridBoundColumn>

<

radG:GridBoundColumn DataField="start_datetime" DataType="System.DateTime" UniqueName="start_datetime" SortExpression="start_datetime" HeaderText="Start" DataFormatString="{0:HH:mm}">

<HeaderStyle Width="50px" />

</

radG:GridBoundColumn>

<

radG:GridBoundColumn DataField="end_datetime_disp" DataType="System.DateTime" UniqueName="end_datetime_disp" SortExpression="end_datetime_disp" HeaderText="End" DataFormatString="{0:HH:mm}">

<HeaderStyle Width="50px" />

</

radG:GridBoundColumn>

<radG:GridBoundColumn DataField="user_code" UniqueName="user_code" Visible="False">

</radG:GridBoundColumn>

<radG:GridBoundColumn DataField="doc_no" UniqueName="doc_no" Visible="False">

</radG:GridBoundColumn>

<radG:GridBoundColumn DataField="total_audience" HeaderText="Seats" SortExpression="total_audience"

UniqueName="total_audience">

<HeaderStyle Width="20px" />

</radG:GridBoundColumn>

<radG:GridBoundColumn DataField="end_datetime" UniqueName="end_datetime" Visible="False">

</radG:GridBoundColumn>

<radG:GridBoundColumn DataField="floor" UniqueName="floor" Visible="False">

</radG:GridBoundColumn>

<radG:GridBoundColumn DataField="alignment_format" UniqueName="alignment_format" Visible="False">

</radG:GridBoundColumn>

<radG:GridBoundColumn DataField="total_mic" UniqueName="total_mic" Visible="False">

</radG:GridBoundColumn>

<radG:GridBoundColumn DataField="projector" UniqueName="projector" Visible="False">

</radG:GridBoundColumn>

<radG:GridBoundColumn DataField="requested_by" UniqueName="request_by" Visible="False">

</radG:GridBoundColumn>

<radG:GridBoundColumn DataField="remark" UniqueName="remark" Visible="False">

</radG:GridBoundColumn>

<radG:GridBoundColumn DataField="dept_name" UniqueName="dept_name" Visible="False">

</radG:GridBoundColumn>

<radG:GridBoundColumn DataField="div_name" UniqueName="div_name" Visible="False">

</radG:GridBoundColumn>

<radG:GridBoundColumn DataField="comp_name" UniqueName="comp_name" Visible="False">

</radG:GridBoundColumn>

<

radG:GridBoundColumn DataField="room_name" UniqueName="room_name" HeaderText="Room Name." Visible="False">

<

HeaderStyle Width="200px"></HeaderStyle>

</

radG:GridBoundColumn>

</

Columns>

<

ExpandCollapseColumn Visible="False" Resizable="False">

<

HeaderStyle Width="20px"></HeaderStyle>

</

ExpandCollapseColumn>

<

RowIndicatorColumn Visible="False">

<

HeaderStyle Width="20px"></HeaderStyle>

</

RowIndicatorColumn>

</

MasterTableView>

</

radG:RadGrid>



BR,
Kenghot
Dimo
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Apr 2008
1 answer
138 views
The full text is not visible when it is too long and user has to use the drag and drop feature to resize the row to view text fully. Can we just have the row expand to fit the text automatically?
Maria Ilieva
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Apr 2008
2 answers
97 views
I followed
http://www.telerik.com/demos/aspnet/Grid/Examples/Programming/SelectedValue/DefaultCS.aspx

All works fine except the following javascript error.

Line 351
Error message : 'srcElement' is null or not an object

this is generated in this line.
RadGrid1.ResponseScripts.Add(String.Format("window['{0}'].AjaxRequest('{1}', '');", RadGrid2.ClientID, RadGrid2.UniqueID));

in RadGrid1_PreRender event.

I know that as when I remove that line the javascript error doesn't occur.

Thank you in advance...
taeho
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 22 Apr 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?