Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
310 views
Hi,

I'm using the tooltip to display outlook style notifications, and have two questions :

1) If I use any skin other than the default, I get an arrow on the tooltip balloon. Is it possible to disable the arrow?

2) Is it possible to stop the tooltip from fading out when the mouse goes over it, similar to outlook popups?

Many thanks,

John.
Svetlina Anati
Telerik team
 answered on 09 May 2008
2 answers
128 views
Hi.

I've been having problems getting the ASP.NET AJAX controls to work. No problems with the beta, so I'm a bit puzzled when there has been no change in our code. Now we have a problem with RadEditor.

We're using the default skin and create the editor in code behind. We're using a user control for editing RadGrid records. We link to the CSS on the page using this code:

<link href="/Skins/Default/Editor.Default.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />

This has been working until we upgraded to ASP.NET AJAX.

The skinning is perfect in IE7. In Firefox 3 it doesn't work, assuming the same problem with Firefox 2. Look at this:

http://temp.kg-grude.no/editor_problem.jpg

Any ideas what could be causing this?

Kind regards,

Kjell
kgg
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 09 May 2008
1 answer
139 views
I have followed the example provided for in kb (ID#743) "Ajaxifying particular controls in RadGrid template column with ajax manager" and have it working successfully.

I then added a master page to this example and it still worked correctly.

Here's the output of the AjaxManager at this point:
Sys.Application.add_init(function() {
    $create(Telerik.Web.UI.RadAjaxManager, {"_updatePanels":"","ajaxSettings":[{InitControlID : "ctl00_cp1_RadGrid1_ctl00_ctl04_ImageButton1",UpdatedControls : [{ControlID:"ctl00_cp1_TextBox1",PanelID:""}]},{InitControlID : "ctl00_cp1_RadGrid1_ctl00_ctl06_ImageButton1",UpdatedControls : [{ControlID:"ctl00_cp1_TextBox1",PanelID:""}]},{InitControlID : "ctl00_cp1_RadGrid1_ctl00_ctl08_ImageButton1",UpdatedControls : [{ControlID:"ctl00_cp1_TextBox1",PanelID:""}]},{InitControlID : "ctl00_cp1_RadGrid1_ctl00_ctl10_ImageButton1",UpdatedControls : [{ControlID:"ctl00_cp1_TextBox1",PanelID:""}]},{InitControlID : "ctl00_cp1_RadGrid1_ctl00_ctl12_ImageButton1",UpdatedControls : [{ControlID:"ctl00_cp1_TextBox1",PanelID:""}]},{InitControlID : "ctl00_cp1_RadGrid1_ctl00_ctl14_ImageButton1",UpdatedControls : [{ControlID:"ctl00_cp1_TextBox1",PanelID:""}]},{InitControlID : "ctl00_cp1_RadGrid1_ctl00_ctl16_ImageButton1",UpdatedControls : [{ControlID:"ctl00_cp1_TextBox1",PanelID:""}]},{InitControlID : "ctl00_cp1_RadGrid1_ctl00_ctl18_ImageButton1",UpdatedControls : [{ControlID:"ctl00_cp1_TextBox1",PanelID:""}]},{InitControlID : "ctl00_cp1_RadGrid1_ctl00_ctl20_ImageButton1",UpdatedControls : [{ControlID:"ctl00_cp1_TextBox1",PanelID:""}]},{InitControlID : "ctl00_cp1_RadGrid1_ctl00_ctl22_ImageButton1",UpdatedControls : [{ControlID:"ctl00_cp1_TextBox1",PanelID:""}]}],"clientEvents":{OnRequestStart:"",OnResponseEnd:""},"defaultLoadingPanelID":"","enableAJAX":true,"enableHistory":false,"links":[],"styles":[],"uniqueID":"ctl00$RadAjaxManager1","updatePanelsRenderMode":0}, null, null, $get("ctl00_RadAjaxManager1"));
});

However, if I assign an ID to the master page, the example will no longer work.  I typically assign an ID to the master page during Page_Init:

Protected Sub Page_Init(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Me.Init

Me.ID = "M"

End Sub


Here's the output of the AjaxManager after I've assigned the ID to the master page:

Sys.Application.add_init(function() {
    $create(Telerik.Web.UI.RadAjaxManager, {"_updatePanels":"","ajaxSettings":[{InitControlID : "",UpdatedControls : [{ControlID:"",PanelID:""}]},{InitControlID : "",UpdatedControls : [{ControlID:"",PanelID:""}]},{InitControlID : "",UpdatedControls : [{ControlID:"",PanelID:""}]},{InitControlID : "",UpdatedControls : [{ControlID:"",PanelID:""}]},{InitControlID : "",UpdatedControls : [{ControlID:"",PanelID:""}]},{InitControlID : "",UpdatedControls : [{ControlID:"",PanelID:""}]},{InitControlID : "",UpdatedControls : [{ControlID:"",PanelID:""}]},{InitControlID : "",UpdatedControls : [{ControlID:"",PanelID:""}]},{InitControlID : "",UpdatedControls : [{ControlID:"",PanelID:""}]},{InitControlID : "",UpdatedControls : [{ControlID:"",PanelID:""}]}],"clientEvents":{OnRequestStart:"",OnResponseEnd:""},"defaultLoadingPanelID":"","enableAJAX":true,"enableHistory":false,"links":[],"styles":[],"uniqueID":"M$RadAjaxManager1","updatePanelsRenderMode":0}, null, null, $get("M_RadAjaxManager1"));
});

Please let me know if this is a bug or if you can find a workaround.

Thanks, STEVE
Vlad
Telerik team
 answered on 09 May 2008
1 answer
189 views
I have made a share dialog using the radtooltip, radtabstrip and radmultipage. Each of the tabs have different height and the tooltip adjusts fine, but the little arrow pointing at the target element is stuck when dialog is resizing downwards. I use and have to use position=topright.
Example code:

<

a ID="linkShare">Share</a>

<

telerik:RadToolTip ID="ShareDialog" runat="server" ManualClose="True" IsClientID="true" TargetControlID="linkShare" Width="400px" Skin="Vista"

RelativeTo="Element" Animation="Resize" ShowEvent="OnClick" Position="TopRight">

<asp:updatepanel runat="server" id="UpdatePanel1">

<contenttemplate>

<radTS:RadTabStrip ID="RadTabStrip1" runat="server" Skin="WebBlue" MultiPageID="RadMultiPage1"

SelectedIndex="0" CssClass="tabStrip">

<Tabs>

<radTS:Tab ID="tabShare" Text="Share">

</radTS:Tab>

<radTS:Tab ID="tabEmailFriend" Text="Email a friend">

</radTS:Tab>

<radTS:Tab ID="tabComment" Text="Comment">

</radTS:Tab>

</Tabs>

</radTS:RadTabStrip>

<radTS:RadMultiPage ID="RadMultiPage1" runat="server" SelectedIndex="0" CssClass="multiPage">

<radTS:PageView ID="RadPageView1" runat="server">

<div style="height: 100px;">height=100</div>

</radTS:PageView>

<radTS:PageView ID="RadPageView2" runat="server">

<div style="height: 200px;">height=200</div>

</radTS:PageView>

<radTS:PageView ID="RadPageView3" runat="server">

<div style="height: 300px;">height=300</div>

</radTS:PageView>

</radTS:RadMultiPage>

</contenttemplate>

</

asp:updatepanel>

</

telerik:RadToolTip>



How do I make the arrow follow the window on resizing? Or remove the arrow completely? It seems like the window is always resizing at bottom and down.
Svetlina Anati
Telerik team
 answered on 09 May 2008
7 answers
282 views
Hi,

I'm trying to use a modified skin for the radWindow on a master/child page scenario. I've finally managed to get it to use the script, but I can't find what each of the css values represent.

I need to make 2 changes to the default "Telerik" skin. These are:

- At present when the user clicks a window, all windows looses the contents until the user completes sizing/dragging. I would like to change the border color whilst the drag/resize is in progress.

- With multiple radWindows, the all inactive ones are made slightly transparent. I'd like to make all inactive windows event more transparent. How can I do this?

The old radWindow had classed of RadWWrapperInactive and RadWWrapperActive. What are the options I need to change these?

Regards

Bobby
Svetlina Anati
Telerik team
 answered on 09 May 2008
6 answers
260 views
Other tooltip packages I have seen dynamically position the tooltip according to the boundaries of a containing object or the browser window. The idea of a tool tip is that it should be visible to the user.

So for instance if you have declared that your preferred position of the tooltip is below the tooltip element, if say the element is at the bottom of the page the tooltip will be displayed above the element so that it is visible.

I have tried your tooltip not find of limited usefulness because of this limitation, Do you plan to incorporate this behavior into the tooltip?

An example of a javascript library that uses this approach is :
http://www.walterzorn.com/tooltip/tooltip_e.htm

Svetlina Anati
Telerik team
 answered on 09 May 2008
23 answers
432 views
I have a RadCombobox controlling a grid with a dropdowncolumn. In the grid a column called Displayname shows the correct name.  In the edit mode the dropdown is there - however it stays frozen on the selected item. 

Its all in a DNN environment, where I have also noted that if there are 2 radcomboxes on the page even with seperate sqldatasources, the second radcombobox does not even dimmer when the mouse roles over it.  Needless to say there is also no dropdown list.

Am I doing something wrong...

Thanks 
Karl
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 09 May 2008
1 answer
206 views
How can I stop a RadNumericTextBox trimming leading zeros from input. I am using it for phone number validation, and most UK numbers start with a 0.
Vlad
Telerik team
 answered on 09 May 2008
2 answers
270 views

The FindControl() method doesn't work for RadToolbars.

This is exploding in the code behind:
RadNumericTextBox resultCount = (RadNumericTextBox)DeploymentHistoryToolbar.FindControl("ResultTemplate").FindControl("txtResultCount");

Here is the front end code:


<

telerik:RadToolbar ID="DeploymentHistoryToolbar" runat="server" AutoPostBack="true"

ShortcutKey="Control" RadControlsDir="~/RadControls" DisplayEnds="true">

<Items>

<telerik:RadToolbarButton ID="btnRefresh" ToolTip="Refresh" DisplayType="ImageOnly"

ButtonImage="../../../../../images/Refresh.gif" Text="Refresh" CommandName="Refresh"

AccessKey="r" />

<telerik:RadToolBarButton ID="ResultTemplate" runat="server" ToolTip="Enter -1 to show all rows.">

<ItemTemplate>&nbsp;

<b class="toolBarText">Rows to show:</b>&nbsp;

<telerik:RadNumericTextBox ID="txtResultCount" runat="server" InvalidStyle-BackColor="red" NumberFormat-DecimalDigits="0" Value="-1" Width="60px">

</telerik:RadNumericTextBox>&nbsp;&nbsp;

</ItemTemplate>

</telerik:RadToolBarButton>

</Items>

</

telerik:RadToolbar>

Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 09 May 2008
2 answers
125 views
Dear All,

Is it possible to call Server-side methods from client-side, How ??

Thanks and best regards,
Waleed
Waleed Seada
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 09 May 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?