Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
2 answers
180 views
Hi. I have this code in an ascx (froma radGrid i edited the values using a user control)

<telerik:RadNumericTextBox ID="txtCantidad" runat="server"   
                           MinValue="0" ShowSpinButtons="True"   
                           Width="80px" Height="16px" Value="1">  
     <ClientEvents  OnValueChanged="txtCantidadOnValueChanged" />                                                 
  <NumberFormat DecimalDigits="0" /> 
</telerik:RadNumericTextBox> 
    

And my javascript function

<telerik:RadCodeBlock ID="RadCodeBlock1" runat="server">  
 <script type="text/javascript">  
 //-----------------------------------------------------  
 // Recalcula total del tratamiento  
 //-----------------------------------------------------  
 function txtCantidadOnValueChanged(sender, eventArgs)  
 {  
     if (eventArgs.get_newValue() > -1)  
     {  
        var txtMonto = $find("<%= txtMonto.ClientID %>");  
        var txtTotal = $find("<%= txtTotal.ClientID %>");  
                    
         txtTotal.set_value(eventArgs.get_newValue() * txtMonto.get_value());  
      }  
  }  
  </script>      
</telerik:RadCodeBlock> 

However i got "txtCantidadOnValueChanged" is undefined...

Any help...
Yavor
Telerik team
 answered on 13 May 2008
1 answer
194 views
I'm using the OnRowSelected event to get the value of the selected row. I'm getting null no matter what is selected. What am I doing wrong?


function setFormValue(sender, eventArgs){  
        var myObj = sender.get_masterTableView().get_selectedItems();  
        alert(myObj[0].getDataKeyValue('workorder'));  
    } 

Thanks.
Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 13 May 2008
4 answers
166 views
Hi

I'm using Visual Studio 2008 and .NET 3.5 and Q1 2008 Telerik ASP.NET AJAX controls.

I'm having trouble building a new web project in that it complains about telerik controls being 'unknown server tags'.

The funny thing is this use to work easily with Q3 2007 Prometheus controls.

I also have a large scale web application on my same computer that works fine. This uses the new Q1 2008 that was upgraded from Q3 2007.

If I drag+drop any Telerik control on a new web project, it will put an assembly registry on the ASPX page to Telerik.Web.UI and will put the same DLL in the Bin folder.

Is there something I've missed?


Kind regards

Mark Eaton
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 13 May 2008
4 answers
422 views
Hi,
I have a RadGrid and I'm using popup editing of records (which I love!). I am using the UpdateCommand event to save the data to my database. If any error occurs during save how can I display a message to the user? I set e.Canceled = true which stops the popup form from being dismissed - but how can I put a message or some indication that the save failed onto the popup form?
Clayton.
skysailor
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 13 May 2008
3 answers
200 views
Hi,

I have a grid, radwindowmanager and radajax control on a page. I am upgrading from the 2007 to 2008 & have a radcodeblock around the script due to a radAjax call.

the problem is that I get an "error on page" javascript message on the status bar when I try and use the radopen command. I have another page that uses radopen with no problems it's just this one will not work.

The call is:

var

oWnd = radopen("AdminHowToDetails.aspx?id=-1","EditWindow");

and the manager is:

<

telerik:RadWindowManager 
            ID="RadWindowManager1" 
            
Height=600
            Width=700 
            runat="server" 
            Skin="Office2007" 
            DestroyOnClose=true 
            VisibleStatusbar=false >
<Windows>
            <telerik:RadWindow 
                ID="EditWindow" 
                Modal="true" 
                runat="server" 
                Title="Edit indow" />
</Windows>
</telerik:RadWindowManager>



Any ideas?

Regards
Roger
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 12 May 2008
2 answers
279 views
Hi there

I have a number of file upload controls on a page which the user can use however they wish. i.e. none of them, 2 of them, the just 1st and the 4th, etc.

Previous file upload controls I've used provide a way to identify the ID of the HTML "input type=file" element used for the uploaded file.

I can't seem to find this information with this control. Is there a way to identify the ID?

Many thanks

Ian Goodwin
Ian
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 12 May 2008
2 answers
67 views
The ImageUrl seems to place the icon in the wrong place using the vista skin - it wraps.  Works fine in FF2   or in IE6 on the Outlook skin.

can someone please check if this issue is my local machine or part of the suite.

ta
ewart
ewart
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 12 May 2008
2 answers
175 views
Hi,

I have a page that has two RadGrids on the form and a RadContextMenu.

I added a tagname target of thead, but really only want it to show for one of the grids. So i have separate OnColumnContextMenu client functions for the grids, one that tracks which column the menu was opened from, the other that (i'm hoping) will hide the context menu.

I would set the target to the control id of the grid I want to enable the context menu on, but I dont want it to be available when clicking on rows in the grid.

function

HideContextMenu(sender, eventArgs)
{
    
return false;
}


this does not seem to work and eventArgs.set_cancel(true) is not an option either.

Any ideas/solutions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Adam Nelson
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 12 May 2008
5 answers
173 views
I have followed the instructions for installing RadEditor on my MOSS farm.  I then did the following

1. Create a new collaboration protal
2. I added the following to the top of the page
<%@ Register TagPrefix="radE" Namespace="Telerik.SharePoint.FieldEditor" Assembly="RadEditorSharePoint, Version=4.5.1.0, culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=1f131a624888eeed" %>

3. Replaced this:
- <PublishingWebControls:RichHtmlField id="Content" FieldName="PublishingPageContent"  runat="server"/>

With this:
- <radE:RadHtmlField id="Content" FieldName="PublishingPageContent" runat="server"></radE:RadHtmlField>

When I try and edit the page I receive the following error:

An unexpected error has occurred.

Troubleshoot issues with Windows SharePoint Services.

Am I doing something wrong???

Thanks,

Bill

Bill
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 12 May 2008
6 answers
299 views
Hi

I have a web site which makes extensive use of Telerik controls

In my current site, I have navigation to various user controls
which already exist declaratively on the page (I just make them visible as required)...

I am changing this so that the User Controls are "loaded as required".

For example in a RadMenu ItemClick event on my main form I have this code :
Me.PlaceHolder1.Controls.Add(LoadControl("~/MobileObjects/MobileObject.ascx"))
which correctly adds the UserControl to a place holder on the form....

However some of the UserControls utilise AJAX to do partial updates
using RadManagerProxy, I'm not sure how to get the Ajax working...

Ie. If I click on an ajaxified control within the UserControl which I've loaded, the UserControl simply dissappears...

Please see www.martinhoey.com then top menu "Products" - "Mobile Objects"
to see an example of a control which I need to Add dynamically
and which then uses RadManagerProxy
(Click on the nav buttons to see it working) ....

Regards

Martin Hoey
Martin
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 12 May 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?