Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
2 answers
105 views
Hello

I am following the following example for docking a toolbar

http://www.telerik.com/demos/aspnet/prometheus/ToolBar/Examples/ApplicationScenarios/DockingToolBars/DefaultCS.aspx

When I assign an onButtonClick to the tool bar and it posts back it causes the raddock to change size as it is being dynamically set.

I need to re-run the javascript function in the example to resize it again after the postback, but I cannot work out how to do this because of this line:

 var dock = sender; 

I have tried assigning the RadDock1 to the sender but I cannot get it to work. Please can you either give me an example or point me in the direction I need to enable me to do this.

Thanks

Bex
Bexm
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 13 May 2008
3 answers
128 views
Is there a way to use the RadEditor lite tool when somone is creating a new page using the Office SharePoint Server Publishing feature?

I prefer these "pages" to wiki content becuase they let you upload a picture on the fly rather than having to post a picture and find a link like the wiki pages do.
Thanks

Drew
George
Telerik team
 answered on 13 May 2008
1 answer
107 views
Hi,

In MOSS currently when we use the radeditor and you browse to a page and edit it and the radeditor(s) comes up, but we are trying to get it so that when you click edit page all the editors dont load up at once, but only when you say click on the editor space, and then it pops up in a little floating box. Is this possible?

Thanks
George
Telerik team
 answered on 13 May 2008
1 answer
120 views
Hi all,

Currently I am using the MOSS editor instead of the default sharepoint editor. I'm using the DisplayHeight DisplayWidth setting to change the size while in edit mode. Is there a better way to do this yet? For example dynamically have the size change, for example if there are 2 field controls next to each other. Have each take up 50% of the screen so there is no side scrolling while editing?

I read somewhere a vertical dynamic change was in the works. Has there been any updates to this?

Thanks!
George
Telerik team
 answered on 13 May 2008
3 answers
110 views
I am using the latest release of the prometheus for the editor and noticed that finally, when the imagemanager is loaded, the upload button is enabled instead of like before, one has to always to click on the folder to activate the upload button. I was very happy.

But, by clicking the upload button for the first time, it always loads whatever image to the root (wwwroot) of the IIS! I tried to use the imagemanager to create a folder, it works and is created properly in the specified folder, and the subsequent upload of any image after creating a new folder works also properly... This is a mystery to me. And I found out it would work properly if I click to go one level higher and then come back to the folder...

My setting is something like:
<imagemanager viewpath="~/images/" uploadpath="~images"/>

Kindly help urgently.
thanks -- Bidan
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 13 May 2008
3 answers
365 views
Hello !
I want to know if RadDatePicker has something like RaiseEventOnChange="true" OnChange="DatePicker_DateChanged"
Have a nice day !
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 13 May 2008
3 answers
234 views

I am new to .Net and RadControls. I am using your RagGrid on my ASP.NET 2.0 webpage. I want Ajax enabled grid, that will not use server resources on sorting, paging etc... Do I need to create ASP.NET AJAXEnabled website instead of ASP.Net Website for this purpose or your grid has built in Ajax functionlaity (no need of any coding).

My second question is my RadGrid takes time to load. I used your RadAjaxPanel the way it was shown in tutorial. 

<telerik:RadAjaxManager EnableAJAX="true" ID="RadAjaxManager1" runat="server">

<AjaxSettings>

<telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="RadGrid1">

<UpdatedControls>

<telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="RadGrid1" LoadingPanelID="RadAjaxLoadingPanel1" />

</UpdatedControls>

</telerik:AjaxSetting>

</AjaxSettings>

</

telerik:RadAjaxManager>

But the problem is it works fine after the grid is loaded and appear on page and I can see the loading image if I do any sorting, paging etc... but I need this loading panel work while my grid is loading the very first time after a button click (I bind my grid on a button click). How do I do that?

I saw your old version of grid has:

EnableAJAX="True" EnableAJAXLoadingTemplate="True"   

LoadingTemplateTransparency="20" 

But how I do this in your new version of    telerik:radgrid.

Thanks.

Konstantin Petkov
Telerik team
 answered on 13 May 2008
3 answers
451 views
Is there something special I need to do to get word-wrapping to work for the text in the column headers? I've tried everything thing I can think of but I can't get the text to wrap.
  • I've tried setting the wrap property to true on the HeaderStyle (and any other style I could find).  
  • I've tried settting Wrap property to True in code in the ItemDataBound event for the GridHeaderItem
  •  I've tried setting the TableLayout to Fixed and Auto (Fixed clips, Auto fits them all in one line)
<telerik:RadGrid  ID="grdSummaryData" runat="server" OnItemDataBound="grdSummaryData_ItemDataBound" 
                 Width="100%" BorderColor="Transparent" GridLines="None" Skin="" OnColumnCreated="grdSummaryData_ColumnCreated"> 
                <MasterTableView CommandItemDisplay="None" CurrentResetPageIndexAction="SetPageIndexToFirst" 
                    Dir="LTR" Frame="Border" GroupsDefaultExpanded="False" AutoGenerateColumns="False" TableLayout="Fixed"> 
                    <GroupByExpressions> 
                        <telerik:GridGroupByExpression> 
                            <SelectFields> 
                                <telerik:GridGroupByField FieldName="OrganizationName" HeaderText="Organization" FieldAlias="OrganizationName" FormatString="" />                                                             
                                <telerik:GridGroupByField FieldName="Total" HeaderText="Total" Aggregate="Sum" FieldAlias="Total" FormatString=""/> 
                                <telerik:GridGroupByField FieldName="NotStarted" HeaderText="Not Started" Aggregate="Sum" FieldAlias="NotStarted" FormatString=""/> 
                                <telerik:GridGroupByField FieldName="Unapproved" HeaderText="Unapproved" Aggregate="Sum" FieldAlias="Unapproved" FormatString=""/> 
                                <telerik:GridGroupByField FieldName="AwaitingApproval" HeaderText="Awaiting Approval" Aggregate="Sum" FieldAlias="AwaitingApproval" FormatString=""/> 
                                <telerik:GridGroupByField FieldName="Approved" HeaderText="Approved" Aggregate="Sum" FieldAlias="Approved" FormatString=""/> 
                            </SelectFields> 
                            <GroupByFields> 
                                <telerik:GridGroupByField FieldName="OrganizationName" FieldAlias="OrganizationName" FormatString="" HeaderText="" /> 
                            </GroupByFields> 
                        </telerik:GridGroupByExpression> 
                    </GroupByExpressions> 
                    <RowIndicatorColumn CurrentFilterFunction="NoFilter" FilterListOptions="VaryByDataType" 
                        Visible="False"> 
                        <HeaderStyle Width="20px" /> 
                    </RowIndicatorColumn> 
                    <ExpandCollapseColumn CurrentFilterFunction="NoFilter" FilterListOptions="VaryByDataType" 
                        Resizable="False" Visible="False"> 
                        <HeaderStyle Width="20px" /> 
                    </ExpandCollapseColumn> 
                    <EditFormSettings> 
                        <EditColumn CurrentFilterFunction="NoFilter" FilterListOptions="VaryByDataType"> 
                        </EditColumn> 
                    </EditFormSettings> 
                    <AlternatingItemStyle HorizontalAlign="Center" BackColor="#efefef" /> 
                    <HeaderStyle wrap="true" CssClass="header_Background" Font-Size="small" HorizontalAlign="Center"/> 
                    <ItemStyle HorizontalAlign="Center" /> 
                 
                    <Columns> 
                        <telerik:GridBoundColumn HeaderStyle-Width="40%" HeaderStyle-HorizontalAlign="Left" ItemStyle-HorizontalAlign="Left" DataField="OrganizationName1" HeaderText="Organization" CurrentFilterFunction="NoFilter" FilterListOptions="VaryByDataType" ForceExtractValue="None" UniqueName="OrganizationName1"/> 
                        <telerik:GridBoundColumn HeaderStyle-Width="10%" DataField="Total" HeaderText="Total" CurrentFilterFunction="NoFilter" FilterListOptions="VaryByDataType" ForceExtractValue="None" UniqueName="Total"/> 
                        <telerik:GridBoundColumn HeaderStyle-Width="10%" DataField="NotStarted" HeaderText="Not Started" CurrentFilterFunction="NoFilter" FilterListOptions="VaryByDataType" ForceExtractValue="None" UniqueName="NotStarted"/> 
                        <telerik:GridBoundColumn HeaderStyle-Width="10%" DataField="Unapproved" HeaderText="Unapproved" CurrentFilterFunction="NoFilter" FilterListOptions="VaryByDataType" ForceExtractValue="None" UniqueName="Unapproved" /> 
                        <telerik:GridBoundColumn HeaderStyle-Width="10%" DataField="AwaitingApproval" HeaderText="Awaiting Approval" CurrentFilterFunction="NoFilter" FilterListOptions="VaryByDataType" ForceExtractValue="None" UniqueName="AwaitingApproval" /> 
                        <telerik:GridBoundColumn HeaderStyle-Width="10%" DataField="Approved" HeaderText="Approved" CurrentFilterFunction="NoFilter" FilterListOptions="VaryByDataType" ForceExtractValue="None" UniqueName="Approved" /> 
                        <telerik:GridBoundColumn HeaderStyle-Width="10%" DataFormatString="{0:G2}%" DataField="PercentApproved" HeaderText="Percent Approved" CurrentFilterFunction="NoFilter" FilterListOptions="VaryByDataType" ForceExtractValue="None" UniqueName="PercentApproved" /> 
                    </Columns> 
                </MasterTableView> 
                <ExportSettings> 
                    <Pdf FontType="Subset" PaperSize="Letter" /> 
                    <Excel Format="Html" /> 
                    <Csv ColumnDelimiter="Comma" RowDelimiter="NewLine" /> 
                </ExportSettings> 
            </telerik:RadGrid> 
Philip
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 13 May 2008
2 answers
189 views
I have VS 2005 & 2008 and I use them both.  I now notice that most if the ASP controls no longer exist and are now the Prometheus controls.  I would be nice if they would work.  Every single Prometheus control I drop on the page gets 'Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.Web.UI, Version=2007.3.1314' etc ... what am I supposed to do now... my ability to serve my customers just went completely out the window!
Tim
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 13 May 2008
2 answers
309 views
I have a handful of applications running under IIS6 & .NET 2.0 that all use various controls from both Rad Controls for ASP.NET and Rad Controls for ASP.NET AJAX.

Does anyone know if there are performance increases or app_pool memory usage reduction from installing controls to the global assembly cache (GAC) instead of linking them as need in the web.config and bin directory?

Thanks!



TorgerJW
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 13 May 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?