Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
2 answers
126 views
Hi,
I am filtering data based on some search criteria and getting the results in a RadGrid. I display the search criteria as a string above the RadGrid. By using ExportToExcel() I transfer the search results to an Excel file. But, I also want to include the search criteria/header in the Excel file. How to do that?
Sonia
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 14 May 2008
1 answer
153 views
I am currently writting a project that pops up a RadWindow with options for the user.  But the RadMenu from the original ascx (behind (parent of)) the RadWindow is staying above the RadWindow.  So if i move the RadWindow about everything behind it is darkened and cannot be selected except the RadMenus.  Is there any option or anyway to stop the RadMenus staying above the RadWindow?? (other then seting them to enabled="False")

Thanks in advance

Ian Ramsay
Shaun Peet
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 14 May 2008
8 answers
1.3K+ views
Hi. I would like to enable/disable a button when a select a row in a RadGrid.
In my ItemCommand event I do:
button.Enabled = true

but when the button keeps disable. I am also add a RadAjaxManager and I declared a source control, the grid and target control, the button but it does not work...?

Is there something I left out ?
Yamil
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 14 May 2008
2 answers
205 views
in a RadGrid for asp.net project I use this script to resize a grid to the sum of width of grid's columns:

    <ClientSettings>
      <ClientEvents OnGridCreated="GridCreated" />
    </ClientSettings>

function GridCreated()
{
  //resize radgrid to fit columns
  this.MasterTableView.Control.style.width = "";
  this.Control.style.width = this.MasterTableView.Control.offsetWidth + "px";
}

The same code does not work in a new RadGrid for asp.net ajax project. I get the js error message:

this.MasterTableView.Control is null or not an object

Must I do the grid resizing differently in radgrid for asp.net ajax?
Morten
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
 answered on 13 May 2008
3 answers
201 views

I want to upgraded from Q4 2006 SP2  to RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX I'm starting with the trial(RadControls_for_ASP.NET_AJAX_2008_1_415_trial)
 to make sure everything works prior to upgrading.
I added the Telerik.Web.UI.dll to my bin and now I'm getting the following error.

How can I correct this issue?

Compilation Error

Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately.

Compiler Error Message: BC32206: Indirect reference is being made to assembly System.Web.Extensions version 3.5.0.0, which contains 'Telerik.Web.UI.RadToolTipManager'. This Project references a prior version of System.Web.Extensions version 1.0.61025.0. To use 'Telerik.Web.UI.RadToolTipManager', you must replace the reference to System.Web.Extensions with version 3.5.0.0 or higher.

Source Error:

Line 22:              
Line 23:         </div>
Line 24: <telerik:radtooltipmanager id="RadToolTipManager1" runat="server" Position="MiddleRight" Line 25: 		animation="Fade" onajaxupdate="OnAjaxUpdate" Skin="Web20" 
Line 26: 		width="450px" 

Source File: C:\Documents and Settings\Larry Stewart\My Documents\Cplanet Development Site\Community.aspx    Line: 24
Michele
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 13 May 2008
2 answers
80 views
I am trying to get a transparent background for the content area of the editor in ie7. I have done the following:

1. Added a css file for the ContentAreaCSSFile and it contains:

body{background:transparent !important;} 


2. I have also added this to the page just before the editor:

<style> 
   
    .radeditor.Default.rade_wrapper table td.rade_contentCell  
    {  
        border: solid 1px black;  
        background-color:Transparent !important;    
    }  
      
    body  
    {  
        background-color:Transparent !important;  
    }  
 
    </style> 

It seems that with this combination i get a transparent background in FF, but it just gives me a white background in ie7. If anyone has a suggestion that would be great. I'm using the newest version of the editor which doesn't seem t use iframes, so the allow transparency thing would not work as it has in the past for me.

What I am trying to accomplish is rendering the page and inserting the editor in editable areas. However I cannot figure a way to have the editor pick up on the parents style values.

Michael
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 13 May 2008
2 answers
211 views
Hi,

I have a grid with Skin="Web20" and one of the GridTemplateColumn has the following for ItemTemplate:

<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%">
    <tr>
        <td class="LabelCell" id="tdAddressId">Address ID:</td>
        <td class="ControlCell"><%# Eval( "AddressID" ) %></td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
        <td class="LabelCell">Address Type:</td>
        <td class="ControlCell"><%# Eval( "AddressType" ) %></td>
    </tr>
</table>

Stylesheet File:

.LabelCell

{
text-align:right;
padding-right:5px;
color:#617fb5;
white-space:nowrap;
border: 0px
}

The problem that I'm having is that style (e.g. text color, border) defined the in my LabelCell style class is overridden by the style defined in the GridRow_Web20 class (RadControls\Grid\Skins\Web20\Styles.css). It looks like the RadControls\Grid\Skins\Web20\Styles.css file is loaded after my stylesheet file which override it.  How can I have my style class override the style defined for the grid?

Thank you,

Vincent

vn
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 13 May 2008
2 answers
115 views
Hi all,

I have a grid that has a Banks combo-box and a Currency combo. The banks combo should only display banks for the currency selected in the currency combo.

Example, row 1 in the grid has the currency EURO and the banks combo should only display banks for the EURO currency.
row 2 has the currency USD and the banks combo should only display the USD banks.

How can I setup the two conditional combos (Banks and Currency) in a grid.
Mohamed
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 13 May 2008
7 answers
352 views
>Implemented a new option for Strip on Paste - AllExceptNewLines (strips all tags and keeps new lines and br tags)

This doesn't work in Firefox
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 13 May 2008
2 answers
299 views
I have an application that consists of a third party spreadsheet (farpoint) control. Within this control, I want to be able to click on a specific cell and have a tooltip appear that will display detailed information.

The problem here is that I don't have access to an actual control so that I can add the control to the RadToolTipManager. So I thought I could do all this client side.

I added the following client side code (note: Fp1 is my spreadsheet control):

function OnCellClick() {  
    var Fp1 = $get('ctl00_chpMain_Fp1');  
      
    if (Fp1.ActiveCol == 0)  
    {  
        var ttmEmployeeDetails = $find('ctl00_chpMain_ttmClientInfo');  
        ttmEmployeeDetails.set_targetControl(Fp1.GetCellByRowCol(Fp1.ActiveRow, 0));    
        ttmEmployeeDetails.show();  
    }  
} 

and server side code:

<rad:RadToolTipManager ID="ttmClientInfo" runat="server"   
    Position="BottomRight" RelativeTo="Mouse" Sticky="true" ShowEvent="FromCode" ManualClose="true"          
    Animation="None" OnAjaxUpdate="ttmClientIfo_AjaxUpdate" 
    Width="380px"   
    Height="250px">  
</rad:RadToolTipManager>       

This works fine to bring up a tooltip window in the appropriate place but I can't seem to find a way to force an AjaxUpdate.

Any help?
Tervel
Telerik team
 answered on 13 May 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?