Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
4 answers
306 views
Hi Everybody,

I had tried to migrate my web application on vs2008 and I have a problem with prometheus control.
My master contain :
<%@ Master Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="Callisto.master.cs" Inherits="Callisto_Callisto" %>

<%@ Register TagPrefix="telerik" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" %>
<%@ Register Assembly="RadPanelbar.Net2" Namespace="Telerik.WebControls" TagPrefix="radP" %>
<%@ Register Assembly="AjaxControlToolkit" Namespace="AjaxControlToolkit" TagPrefix="ajaxToolkit" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="radtlb" Namespace="Telerik.WebControls" Assembly="RadToolbar.NET2" %>
<%@ Register Assembly="MTSASPFramework" Namespace="MTS.ASPFramework" TagPrefix="cc1" %>
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head id="Head2" runat="server">
    <title>Callisto</title>
    <link href="Callisto.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
</head>
<body>
    <div id="wrapper">
        <form id="MainForm" runat="server">
        <asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server">
        </asp:ScriptManager>
        <asp:UpdatePanel ID="MainMasterUpdCalisto" runat="server" UpdateMode="Conditional">
            <ContentTemplate>
                <telerik:RadWindowManager ID="MainMasterPageWindowManager" runat="server">
                </telerik:RadWindowManager>
            <ContentTemplate>
...

If I let the RadWindowManager, I obtain this error message :

The control with ID 'MainMasterPageWindowManager' requires a ScriptManager on the page. The ScriptManager must appear before any controls that need it.

InvalidOperationException: The control with ID 'MainMasterPageWindowManager' requires a ScriptManager on the page. The ScriptManager must appear before any controls that need it.]
   Telerik.Web.UI.ScriptRegistrar.GetScriptManager(Control control) +158
   Telerik.Web.UI.RadWebControl.RegisterScriptControl() +16
   Telerik.Web.UI.RadWindowManager.OnPreRender(EventArgs e) +632
   System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +86
   System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +170
   System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +170
   System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +170
   System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +170
   System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +170
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2041

If I delete the RadWindowManager, it's ok and my page work fine (with radtoolbar and radpanelbar). I have the same problem with a page contain radscheduler.

My Telerik Prometheus version is 2007.2.1107.0

Anybody know if it's an incompatibily, and if it's yes, when Telerik will make a new version ?

Thanks,
Bilou
vinit
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 14 May 2008
3 answers
134 views
I have an Ajax call fired on selecting a value in a ComboBox. During the Ajax call (which lasts for a few seconds), if I try selecting a value in another ComboBox (non-ajax), the latter ComboBox hangs after the completion of the ajax call. Why is this so?
Nikolay
Telerik team
 answered on 14 May 2008
1 answer
132 views
Hi,

I have a page with some inputs on the top and three grids at the bottom.  The three grids show a list of addresses, the patient responsible for the patient I am viewing, and a list of dependents for the patient I am viewing.  Each of these has a custom form that appears inside the grid when I want to add a new record.

The first grid (addresses) inserts just fine.  I have no problems after inserting.
The second and third grids seem to corrupt the viewstate after I have inserted a record.  Now, I am able to insert a new record, but after there is one item in either grid I cannot post any more to this page.  This includes clicking the "Add dependent" or other link button in my grid command template or on my page, and it also includes saving the input at the top.  The page becomes uneditable after an item is populated into either table.  Even a clean refresh of this page doesn't help.

I must be doing something wrong in the second and third grids, but I can't figure out what.  Is there ever a case where the RadGrid will cause an invalid viewstate if there is a record in it?

I can provide sample code as needed.  Thanks.
Sebastian
Telerik team
 answered on 14 May 2008
4 answers
644 views

How to I access the GridTemplateColumn of the RadGrid in the Codebehind?

I have a RadGrid as following.

How to I access the GridTemplateColumn of the RadGrid in the Codebehind?

Many thanks for your replying.


<telerik:RadGrid ID="RadGrid_Category" runat="server" AllowSorting="True" GridLines="None" 
                                    Skin="Telerik" Width="100%" Height="360" OnSelectedIndexChanged="RadGrid_Category_SelectedIndexChanged" 
                                    DataKeyNames="CategoryId" DataSourceID="SqlDataSource_Category" OnItemDataBound="RadGrid_Category_ItemDataBound">  
                                    <ExportSettings> 
                                        <Pdf FontType="Subset" PaperSize="Letter" /> 
                                        <Excel Format="Html" /> 
                                        <Csv ColumnDelimiter="Comma" RowDelimiter="NewLine" /> 
                                    </ExportSettings> 
                                    <MasterTableView CommandItemDisplay="None" CurrentResetPageIndexAction="SetPageIndexToFirst" 
                                        Dir="LTR" Frame="Border" TableLayout="Auto" AutoGenerateColumns="False" DataSourceID="SqlDataSource_Category" 
                                        DataKeyNames="CategoryId">  
                                        <RowIndicatorColumn CurrentFilterFunction="NoFilter" FilterListOptions="VaryByDataType" 
                                            Visible="False">  
                                            <HeaderStyle Width="20px" /> 
                                        </RowIndicatorColumn> 
                                        <ExpandCollapseColumn CurrentFilterFunction="NoFilter" FilterListOptions="VaryByDataType" 
                                            Resizable="False" Visible="False">  
                                            <HeaderStyle Width="20px" /> 
                                        </ExpandCollapseColumn> 
                                        <EditFormSettings> 
                                            <EditColumn CurrentFilterFunction="NoFilter" FilterListOptions="VaryByDataType">  
                                            </EditColumn> 
                                        </EditFormSettings> 
                                        <Columns> 
                                            <telerik:GridBoundColumn CurrentFilterFunction="NoFilter" DataField="CategoryName" 
                                                FilterListOptions="VaryByDataType" ForceExtractValue="None" HeaderText="分類名稱" 
                                                SortExpression="CategoryName" UniqueName="CategoryName">  
                                                <HeaderStyle /> 
                                            </telerik:GridBoundColumn> 
                                            <telerik:GridBoundColumn CurrentFilterFunction="NoFilter" DataField="CategoryId" 
                                                FilterListOptions="VaryByDataType" ForceExtractValue="None" HeaderText="CategoryId" 
                                                SortExpression="CategoryId" UniqueName="CategoryId" Display="False">  
                                            </telerik:GridBoundColumn> 
                                            <telerik:GridTemplateColumn HeaderText="編輯" UniqueName="TemplateColumn">  
                                                <ItemTemplate> 
                                                    <asp:ImageButton ID="ImageButton_Edit" runat="server" ImageUrl="/EditorPr.gif" OnClientClick="window.radopen('EditCategory.aspx', 'EditCategory'); return false;" /> 
                                                </ItemTemplate> 
                                            </telerik:GridTemplateColumn> 
                                        </Columns> 
                                    </MasterTableView> 
                                    <ClientSettings EnablePostBackOnRowClick="True">  
                                        <Selecting AllowRowSelect="True" /> 
                                        <Scrolling AllowScroll="True" UseStaticHeaders="True" /> 
                                    </ClientSettings> 
                                </telerik:RadGrid> 
Vinix
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 14 May 2008
3 answers
162 views
Hi, I really like the style of this type of panelbar and wondered if it is possible to reproduce with telerik controls:

http://www.runningmap.com

(enter a location at the top left to enable panelbar options)

It's very similar to 
ExpandMode="FullExpandedItem"
ExpandAnimation-Duration="100"
ExpandAnimation-Type="None"

However, when in FullExpandedItem mode, their panelbar doesn't resize the whole panel, just animates the movement of the bars, whereas ours redraws the whole panelbar which causes random flicker and doesn't look nearly as nice.

regards
ewart



Paul
Telerik team
 answered on 14 May 2008
7 answers
220 views
Is it possible to add a rad menu to the title of a panel bar?
Paul
Telerik team
 answered on 14 May 2008
1 answer
186 views
I have a sub-grid in my grid and the arrows used to expand and collapse the sub-grids disappear when I page. If I refresh the browser they appear again. They also disappear if I group, sort, expand, etc.

Any ideas?

Update: It isn't just the arrows that are disappearing - many of the images associated with the Vista style that I'm using disappear as well.

It seems to be all of these guys that are disappearing...

background

:url('mvwres://Telerik.Web.UI, Version=2008.1.415.35, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=121fae78165ba3d4/Telerik.Web.UI.Skins.Vista.Grid.sprite.gif') 0 0 repeat-x #4b92aa;

Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 14 May 2008
3 answers
174 views
Hi!
I have very strange problem. I put to templatecolumn to edittemplate CheckBoxList connected with ObjectDataSource. When i first click "edit" its ok, but when i clicked second time i have exception:
Server Error in '/' Application. 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
 
The state information is invalid for this page and might be corrupted.  
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.  
 
Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: The state information is invalid for this page and might be corrupted. 
 
Source Error:  
 
 
[No relevant source lines] 
  
 
Source File: d:\Users\Beny\AppData\Local\Temp\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\29af3f81\4acffc0f\App_Web_3wl8note.6.cs    Line: 0  
 
Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine why the assembly 'DynamicAssemblyProxyGen, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' could not be loaded. 
 
 
=== Pre-bind state information === 
LOG: User = Stratus\Beny 
LOG: DisplayName = DynamicAssemblyProxyGen, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null 
 (Fully-specified) 
LOG: Appbase = file:///D:/Projects/Gossip/ITDT.Gossip.Portal/ 
LOG: Initial PrivatePath = D:\Projects\Gossip\ITDT.Gossip.Portal\bin 
Calling assembly : (Unknown). 
=== 
LOG: This bind starts in default load context. 
LOG: Using application configuration file: D:\Projects\Gossip\ITDT.Gossip.Portal\web.config 
LOG: Using machine configuration file from C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\config\machine.config. 
LOG: Policy not being applied to reference at this time (private, custom, partial, or location-based assembly bind). 
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///D:/Users/Beny/AppData/Local/Temp/Temporary ASP.NET Files/root/29af3f81/4acffc0f/DynamicAssemblyProxyGen.DLL. 
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///D:/Users/Beny/AppData/Local/Temp/Temporary ASP.NET Files/root/29af3f81/4acffc0f/DynamicAssemblyProxyGen/DynamicAssemblyProxyGen.DLL. 
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///D:/Projects/Gossip/ITDT.Gossip.Portal/bin/DynamicAssemblyProxyGen.DLL. 
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///D:/Projects/Gossip/ITDT.Gossip.Portal/bin/DynamicAssemblyProxyGen/DynamicAssemblyProxyGen.DLL. 
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///D:/Users/Beny/AppData/Local/Temp/Temporary ASP.NET Files/root/29af3f81/4acffc0f/DynamicAssemblyProxyGen.EXE. 
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///D:/Users/Beny/AppData/Local/Temp/Temporary ASP.NET Files/root/29af3f81/4acffc0f/DynamicAssemblyProxyGen/DynamicAssemblyProxyGen.EXE. 
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///D:/Projects/Gossip/ITDT.Gossip.Portal/bin/DynamicAssemblyProxyGen.EXE. 
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///D:/Projects/Gossip/ITDT.Gossip.Portal/bin/DynamicAssemblyProxyGen/DynamicAssemblyProxyGen.EXE. 
 
  
 
Stack Trace:  
 
 
[FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'DynamicAssemblyProxyGen, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.] 
   System.RuntimeTypeHandle._GetTypeByName(String name, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase, Boolean reflectionOnly, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean loadTypeFromPartialName) +0 
   System.RuntimeTypeHandle.GetTypeByName(String name, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase, Boolean reflectionOnly, StackCrawlMark& stackMark) +78 
   System.RuntimeType.PrivateGetType(String typeName, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase, Boolean reflectionOnly, StackCrawlMark& stackMark) +58 
   System.Type.GetType(String typeName, Boolean throwOnError) +57 
   System.Web.UI.ObjectStateFormatter.DeserializeType(SerializerBinaryReader reader) +175 
   System.Web.UI.ObjectStateFormatter.DeserializeValue(SerializerBinaryReader reader) +732 
   System.Web.UI.ObjectStateFormatter.DeserializeValue(SerializerBinaryReader reader) +363 
   System.Web.UI.ObjectStateFormatter.DeserializeValue(SerializerBinaryReader reader) +363 
   System.Web.UI.ObjectStateFormatter.DeserializeValue(SerializerBinaryReader reader) +363 
   System.Web.UI.ObjectStateFormatter.DeserializeValue(SerializerBinaryReader reader) +1283 
   System.Web.UI.ObjectStateFormatter.DeserializeValue(SerializerBinaryReader reader) +198 
   System.Web.UI.ObjectStateFormatter.DeserializeValue(SerializerBinaryReader reader) +363 
   System.Web.UI.ObjectStateFormatter.DeserializeValue(SerializerBinaryReader reader) +210 
   System.Web.UI.ObjectStateFormatter.DeserializeValue(SerializerBinaryReader reader) +363 
   System.Web.UI.ObjectStateFormatter.DeserializeValue(SerializerBinaryReader reader) +210 
   System.Web.UI.ObjectStateFormatter.DeserializeValue(SerializerBinaryReader reader) +363 
   System.Web.UI.ObjectStateFormatter.DeserializeValue(SerializerBinaryReader reader) +210 
   System.Web.UI.ObjectStateFormatter.DeserializeValue(SerializerBinaryReader reader) +363 
   System.Web.UI.ObjectStateFormatter.DeserializeValue(SerializerBinaryReader reader) +210 
   System.Web.UI.ObjectStateFormatter.DeserializeValue(SerializerBinaryReader reader) +363 
   System.Web.UI.ObjectStateFormatter.DeserializeValue(SerializerBinaryReader reader) +210 
   System.Web.UI.ObjectStateFormatter.DeserializeValue(SerializerBinaryReader reader) +363 
   System.Web.UI.ObjectStateFormatter.DeserializeValue(SerializerBinaryReader reader) +210 
   System.Web.UI.ObjectStateFormatter.DeserializeValue(SerializerBinaryReader reader) +363 
   System.Web.UI.ObjectStateFormatter.DeserializeValue(SerializerBinaryReader reader) +210 
   System.Web.UI.ObjectStateFormatter.DeserializeValue(SerializerBinaryReader reader) +363 
   System.Web.UI.ObjectStateFormatter.DeserializeValue(SerializerBinaryReader reader) +210 
   System.Web.UI.ObjectStateFormatter.DeserializeValue(SerializerBinaryReader reader) +210 
   System.Web.UI.ObjectStateFormatter.DeserializeValue(SerializerBinaryReader reader) +198 
   System.Web.UI.ObjectStateFormatter.Deserialize(Stream inputStream) +142 
 
[ArgumentException: The serialized data is invalid.] 
   System.Web.UI.ObjectStateFormatter.Deserialize(Stream inputStream) +206 
   System.Web.UI.ObjectStateFormatter.Deserialize(String inputString) +342 
   System.Web.UI.ObjectStateFormatter.System.Web.UI.IStateFormatter.Deserialize(String serializedState) +4 
   System.Web.UI.Util.DeserializeWithAssert(IStateFormatter formatter, String serializedState) +37 
   System.Web.UI.HiddenFieldPageStatePersister.Load() +136 
 
[ViewStateException: Invalid viewstate.  
    Client IP: 127.0.0.1 
    Port:  
    User-Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0; Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1) ; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506; .NET CLR 3.5.21022) 
    ViewState: 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...] 
 
[HttpException (0x80004005): The state information is invalid for this page and might be corrupted.] 
   System.Web.UI.ViewStateException.ThrowError(Exception inner, String persistedState, String errorPageMessage, Boolean macValidationError) +267 
   System.Web.UI.HiddenFieldPageStatePersister.Load() +218 
   System.Web.UI.Page.LoadPageStateFromPersistenceMedium() +83 
   System.Web.UI.Page.LoadAllState() +35 
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +7350 
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +213 
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest() +86 
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestWithNoAssert(HttpContext context) +18 
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +49 
   ASP.admin_groups_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) in d:\Users\Beny\AppData\Local\Temp\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\29af3f81\4acffc0f\App_Web_3wl8note.6.cs:0 
   System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +358 
   System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +64 
 
  
 
 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.1434; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.1434  
Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 14 May 2008
3 answers
100 views
I noticed that when I bind a recordset of 100 records the pagecount says there are 10 pages. 

If I then bind a larger recordset of say 1500 records the pagecount says there are 150 pages. 

Then binding a recordset of 80 records shows a page count of 150 pages.

So it appears that the page count is 'sticking' at the highest pagecount between 'Rebind()' calls with different sized datasets.

My RadGrid is inside a RadAjaxPanel.

Thanks for any help.
David Sandor

Konstantin Petkov
Telerik team
 answered on 14 May 2008
4 answers
988 views
Here's an example of hiding the drop down arrow for a specific combobox.

 
<%@ Register TagPrefix="telerik" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" %> 
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> 
 
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">  
<head runat="server">  
    <title>Combo Example</title> 
   
 <style type="text/css">  
      .HideArrow .rcbInputCell{border-right:solid 1pt black !important;}  
      .HideArrow .rcbArrowCell{display:none !important;}  
 </style> 
      
      
</head> 
<body> 
    <form id="form1" runat="server">  
    <telerik:RadScriptManager ID="RadScriptManager1" runat="server">  
    </telerik:RadScriptManager> 
    <div>Normal</div> 
    <div> 
        <telerik:RadComboBox ID="RadComboBox1" runat="server">  
            <Items> 
                <telerik:RadComboBoxItem Text="One" /> 
                <telerik:RadComboBoxItem Text="Two" /> 
                <telerik:RadComboBoxItem Text="Three" /> 
            </Items> 
        </telerik:RadComboBox> 
    </div> 
      <div>No Arrow</div> 
    <div> 
        <telerik:RadComboBox ID="RadComboBox2" runat="server" CssClass="HideArrow">  
            <Items> 
                <telerik:RadComboBoxItem Text="One" /> 
                <telerik:RadComboBoxItem Text="Two" /> 
                <telerik:RadComboBoxItem Text="Three" /> 
            </Items> 
        </telerik:RadComboBox> 
    </div> 
    </form> 
</body> 
</html> 
Zach
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 14 May 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?