Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
3 answers
131 views
Did you guys ever see what happens when you put a grid with telerik:GridDateTimeColumns in Safari 3.0 browser. The grid renders 10000px wide. (allowfilters = true)
Pavel
Telerik team
 answered on 19 May 2008
1 answer
159 views
Hi,

i have a RadGrid, which on editmode displays a textbox by default.
How can i set the width of the textbox based on the number of characters in it?

Thanks
Daniel
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 19 May 2008
5 answers
105 views
Hello,

I have used this slider control in one of my page.
It is a horizontal slider which takes 0 to 3 values.

RadSlider

slider = new RadSlider();
slider.ID =
"radSlider1";
slider.Length = 147;
slider.MinimumValue = 0;
slider.MaximumValue = 3;
slider.Value = 0;
slider.ShowDecreaseHandle =
true;
slider.ShowIncreaseHandle =
true;
slider.SlideStep = 1;
slider.Orientation = Telerik.Web.UI.
Orientation.Horizontal;
slider.Skin = "Telerik";

When I click on the Drag handle to move it left/right, the page starts scrolling up automatically, which should not move at all!
If I hold the mouse down, the page continues scrolling up.

And yes, this slider control worked fine for me on firefox. The problem is only on IE.
Any idea?

Thanks.

Svetlina Anati
Telerik team
 answered on 19 May 2008
1 answer
108 views
Hello,

       I have 2 buttons in a radgrid that are displayed when the grid is in edit mode. First, how can I attach event handlers to those buttons? Second, when they are clicked, how can I access  the values of other controls (dropdowns) in that same row? Let me know.

Thanks,
Jayvr
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 19 May 2008
1 answer
364 views
Hi,
i've create a simple web page with a RadGrid and a RadScriptManager.
When page loads I got the error: "Telerik is not defined" here:
<script type="text/javascript"> 
//<![CDATA[
Sys.Application.initialize();
Sys.Application.add_init(function() {
$create(Telerik.Web.UI.RadContextMenu, {"_flow":0,"_postBackReference":"__doPostBack(\u0027ctl00$PageContent$gexMain$rfltMenu\u0027,\u0027arguments\u0027)","_skin":"Web20","clickToOpen":true,"clientStateFieldID":"ctl00_PageContent_gexMain_rfltMenu_ClientState","collapseAnimation":"{\"type\":12,\"duration\":200}","itemData":[{"attributes":{"columnUniqueName":"","tableID":""},"value":"NoFilter"},{"attributes":{"columnUniqueName":"","tableID":""},"value":"Contains"},{"attributes":{"columnUniqueName":"","tableID":""},"value":"DoesNotContain"},{"attributes":{"columnUniqueName":"","tableID":""},"value":"StartsWith"},{"attributes":{"columnUniqueName":"","tableID":""},"value":"EndsWith"},{"attributes":{"columnUniqueName":"","tableID":""},"value":"EqualTo"},{"attributes":{"columnUniqueName":"","tableID":""},"value":"NotEqualTo"},{"attributes":{"columnUniqueName":"","tableID":""},"value":"GreaterThan"},{"attributes":{"columnUniqueName":"","tableID":""},"value":"LessThan"},{"attributes":{"columnUniqueName":"","tableID":""},"value":"GreaterThanOrEqualTo"},{"attributes":{"columnUniqueName":"","tableID":""},"value":"LessThanOrEqualTo"},{"attributes":{"columnUniqueName":"","tableID":""},"value":"Between"},{"attributes":{"columnUniqueName":"","tableID":""},"value":"NotBetween"},{"attributes":{"columnUniqueName":"","tableID":""},"value":"IsEmpty"},{"attributes":{"columnUniqueName":"","tableID":""},"value":"NotIsEmpty"},{"attributes":{"columnUniqueName":"","tableID":""},"value":"IsNull"},{"attributes":{"columnUniqueName":"","tableID":""},"value":"NotIsNull"},{"attributes":{"columnUniqueName":"","tableID":""},"value":"Custom"}],"targets":[]}, null, null, $get("ctl00_PageContent_gexMain_rfltMenu"));
});
Sys.Application.add_init(function() {
$create(Telerik.Web.UI.RadGrid, {"ClientID":"ctl00_PageContent_gexMain","ClientSettings":{"PostBackFunction":"__doPostBack(\u0027{0}\u0027,\u0027{1}\u0027)","AllowExpandCollapse":true,"AllowGroupExpandCollapse":true,"ColumnsReorderMethod":0,"ShouldCreateRows":true,"Selecting":{"AllowRowSelect":true,"EnableDragToSelectRows":true},"Scrolling":{"SaveScrollPosition":true,"ScrollHeight":"300px"},"Resizing":{"ClipCellContentOnResize":true},"ClientMessages":{"DragToGroupOrReorder":"Drag to group or reorder","DragToResize":"Drag to resize","DropHereToReorder":"Drop here to reorder","PagerTooltipFormatString":"Page: \u003cb\u003e{0}\u003c/b\u003e out of \u003cb\u003e{1}\u003c/b\u003e pages"}},"Skin":"Web20","UniqueID":"ctl00$PageContent$gexMain","_activeRowData":"","_clientKeyValues":{},"_currentPageIndex":0,"_gridTableViewsData":"[{\"ClientID\":\"ctl00_PageContent_gexMain_ctl00\",\"UniqueID\":\"ctl00$PageContent$gexMain$ctl00\",\"PageSize\":10,\"PageCount\":1,\"CurrentPageIndex\":0,\"Name\":\"\",\"IsItemInserted\":false,\"clientDataKeyNames\":[],\"_selectedItemStyle\":\"\",\"_selectedItemStyleClass\":\"SelectedRow_Web20\",\"_renderActiveItemStyle\":\"\",\"_renderActiveItemStyleClass\":\"ActiveRow_Web20\",\"isFilterItemExpanded\":true,\"_columnsData\":[{\"UniqueName\":\"column5\",\"Resizable\":true,\"Reorderable\":true,\"Groupable\":false,\"DataTypeName\":\"System.String\",\"FilterListOptions\":0,\"CurrentFilterFunction\":0,\"ColumnType\":\"GridButtonColumn\",\"Display\":true},{\"UniqueName\":\"column\",\"Resizable\":true,\"Reorderable\":true,\"Groupable\":true,\"DataTypeName\":\"System.String\",\"FilterListOptions\":0,\"CurrentFilterFunction\":0,\"ColumnType\":\"GridBoundColumn\",\"Display\":true},{\"UniqueName\":\"column1\",\"Resizable\":true,\"Reorderable\":true,\"Groupable\":true,\"DataTypeName\":\"System.String\",\"FilterListOptions\":0,\"CurrentFilterFunction\":0,\"ColumnType\":\"GridHyperLinkColumn\",\"Display\":true},{\"UniqueName\":\"column2\",\"Resizable\":true,\"Reorderable\":true,\"Groupable\":true,\"DataTypeName\":\"System.String\",\"FilterListOptions\":0,\"CurrentFilterFunction\":0,\"ColumnType\":\"GridBoundColumn\",\"Display\":true},{\"UniqueName\":\"column3\",\"Resizable\":true,\"Reorderable\":true,\"Groupable\":true,\"DataTypeName\":\"System.String\",\"FilterListOptions\":0,\"CurrentFilterFunction\":0,\"ColumnType\":\"GridBoundColumn\",\"Display\":true},{\"UniqueName\":\"column4\",\"Resizable\":true,\"Reorderable\":true,\"Groupable\":true,\"DataTypeName\":\"System.String\",\"FilterListOptions\":0,\"CurrentFilterFunction\":0,\"ColumnType\":\"GridHyperLinkColumn\",\"Display\":true}]}]","_loadingText":"Loading...","_masterClientID":"ctl00_PageContent_gexMain_ctl00","_popUpIds":"[]","_readyText":"Ready","_statusLabelID":"","allowMultiRowSelection":false,"clientStateFieldID":"ctl00_PageContent_gexMain_ClientState"}, null, null, $get("ctl00_PageContent_gexMain"));
});
//]]> 
</script> 
This occurs with FF2 and IE7.

Thank you.



Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 19 May 2008
1 answer
161 views
I like the new group footer feature but my user would like to see the sub-totals near the group info. When we have lots of data, the group header and the group footer are not viewable together on the page so it is tough to know what the sub-total info pertains too.

Here are my questions:
- Is there a way to keep the group footer displayed when the group header is collapsed?
- Is there a way to have the group footer moved up under the corresponding group header (i know it would no longer truely be a footer at that point).
- I know the group header can contain group totals but can it be done so that the totals are in line with the column they pertain to?

Thanks.

Tim


Yavor
Telerik team
 answered on 19 May 2008
1 answer
122 views
I need to use button control. Does Telerik provide for this?
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 19 May 2008
0 answers
154 views
Hello,
      In my project i am using your new ajax menu control and each item has a navigateURL which loads the pages on the content page area. Whenever it gets loaded each time entire page including master and content page is refreshed and i am losing the value in that menu control which is obvious. I want to access the menu selected value @ content page and also i want to load the page without refreshing. Please let me know. Also we might use the combo item in master page and we might retain that value wheever the content page is reloaded based on combo value selected. Please provide your suggestions on this.

Regards,
Elango
Elango
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 19 May 2008
1 answer
137 views
Hi,

I have used the RadEditor in one of our programs to compose a text of an email, which is then sent to users with no further text processing, as an HTML email. All the fonts apart from Arial look fine in MS Outlook. Arial for some reason converts into Times New Roman.. This font problem does not appear in RadEditor itself. The name of the font I'm using in my font list xml tag for Arial is "Arial"..
This might rather be a MS Outlook interpretation of HTML issue, but you might come accross this and save some of my precious time here :-)
Thank you

Adrian
Adrian
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 18 May 2008
3 answers
105 views
Hello all:
First timer here testing out radcontrols in a dnn (4.5.6) installation.
My problem is that while I am logged in as host in my dotnetnuke installation everything works fine. However, when I log in as any other user, my tabstrip renders as a bulleted list. I am trying to use this code not in a DNN skin but inside of a regular module, I have one module where i would like to use this tab functionality in. The code that I am using is copied from the MultiPage demo, I haven't changed one thing, so it should work fine.

I checked the troubleshooting documentation and I noticed that it said to make sure that the web resource handler - webresource.axd was properly registered, which it is in my case. The weird thing is that everything works fine when I am logged in as host but it doesnt work when I am either not logged in or logged in as anyone else but host.

I was curious so I looked at the source code of the page when I log in as host and also when I log in as another user (or not logged in at all for that matter). The only significant difference I could make out was that when I was logged in as host I would see this line in the html source in the <head> section of the file:
<link type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" href="/dnndev/RadControls/TabStrip/Skins/Web20/styles.css" />
 
When I would log in as anyone else that line does not show up in the source. Something else to mention was that when I was not logged in as host and I would make changes to the TabStrip's aesthetic properties (ie. BorderColor, BackColor, BorderWidth, BorderStyle, etc) those changes would make no difference at all, the control would still be rendered the same way (in a bullet list). But when i logged in as host al the changes were applied.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? Thanx
Prom
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 18 May 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?