Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
3 answers
278 views
I have this column

<telerik:GridDateTimeColumn DataFormatString="{0:dd.MM.yy}"   
DataField="Datum" PickerType="DatePicker" HeaderText="Datum" UniqueName="Datum">  
</telerik:GridDateTimeColumn> 

When I change the PickerType to "DateTimePicker" and then make an automatic update I get

Laufzeitfehler in Microsoft JScript: Sys.ArgumentUndefinedException: Value cannot be undefined.
Parameter name: baseType

This is in the file ScriptResource line 2127.

Thanks for your attention
Karl
Iana Tsolova
Telerik team
 answered on 19 May 2008
4 answers
318 views
I started out using .NET 3.5's ListView to display products on a page and am missing a lot of features that Telerik controls have out of the box, like ajax, user entered pager settings, in-place editting (for administrators), and skins. My ListView display is simple- just a 3 row by 3 column product display, and each product has an image, name and price on top of each other. Can this be done with GridView or is it overkill for something like this? Is there maybe another Telerik control I should be using?
Dimo
Telerik team
 answered on 19 May 2008
2 answers
205 views
I'm trying to implement a loading panel on my page and hitting a few road blocks.

For some background, here is our architecture:

We have a page that opens that contains a tabstrip connected to a multiview.  Each multiview page has its own user control on it (4 total pages).  The controls are not created dynamically, but they are dynamically populated depending on which tab is present (there can be x number of tabs at one time).

We'd like to have the loading panel show up on each lengthy operation, centered in the screen would look nice, but the user controls are not playing nicely.  For example, one user control has a splitter with a treeview on the left and a grid on the right.  Instead of showing the loading panel in the center, the loading panel takes the size/shape of the grid.

I am using the ConfigureAjax method of programmatically passing the RadAjaxManager to the child usercontrol.  I am using a LoadingPanel from the main page.  Should this be a separate loading panel existing on the user control itself?

I guess I am looking for a "best practices" when it comes to using loading panels within a complex user control hierarchy.

Thanks!

-Adam
Adam
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 19 May 2008
4 answers
197 views
To prevent users from clicking a tab before the page is loaded I disable the tabstrip serverside:

myTab.Enabled =

false;

and then enable it client-side:
<script type="text/javascript" language="javascript">

function EnableTabStrip()

{

    var tabStrip = <%= myTab.ClientID %>;

    tabStrip.enable();

}

</script>

<body onload="EnableTabStrip();">

but this doesn't work. It seems I get the object but it receive an 'Object doesn't support this property or method'-error. I tried to change
var tabStrip = <%= myTab.ClientID %>;

to:

var tabStrip = $find('<%= myTab.ClientID %>');

but this gives me a 'null' is null or not an object-error

What am I doing wrong? I am using the latest build (2008.1 515)

FU
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 19 May 2008
1 answer
93 views
How will one impliment this senario:

toolbar contain the following items:
Text="Severity 1" Value="1" Group="One"
Text="Severity 2" Value="2" Group="Two"
Text="Severity 3" Value="3" Group="Three"

Grid is populated from a datasource:
Select IssueNumber, IssueName, Severity FROM tableIssues

on initial load the grid has severity 1,2 and 3 issues:
meaning button 1, button 2 and button 3 will be checked!

Now for the desired behaviour:
if the person click button 1, the grid will filter and only show Severity 2 and 3 issues (because Sev 1 button was unchecked)
if the person click button 3, the grid will filter Severity 2 only (because 1 and 3 is off)
etc..... Basically the grid will be filtered based on the state of the 3 buttons. The buttons value will be used in the filter.

Button 1 = checked
Button 2 = unchecked
Button 3 = checked
.....this will filter and show Severity 1 and Seveirty 3 issues.


Yavor
Telerik team
 answered on 19 May 2008
1 answer
70 views
Greetings,

We are working on integrating the RadEditor into an application for a client. This application is designed for internal use at the client, they run IE6.  Whenever I add the Undo, Redo, or ForeColor tools i get a very odd looking render (see screen shot) - I have pasted my source below:

Screenshot

Any help would be greatly appreciated:

<telerik:RadEditor ID="radEditor" runat="server" Height="400px"
                        NewLineBr="true" SkinID="DefaultSetOfTools:
                        AllowScripts="false" EditModes="Design, HTML" Skin="WebBlue">
                        <Tools>
                            <telerik:EditorToolGroup>
                                <telerik:EditorTool Name="Cut" />
                                <telerik:EditorTool Name="Copy" />
                                <telerik:EditorTool Name="Paste" />
                                <telerik:EditorTool Name="PasteFromWord" />
                                <telerik:EditorTool Name="AjaxSpellCheck" />
                            </telerik:EditorToolGroup>
                            <telerik:EditorToolGroup>
                                <telerik:EditorTool Name="FontName" />
                                <telerik:EditorTool Name="RealFontSize" />
                                <telerik:EditorTool Name="ForeColor" />
                                <telerik:EditorTool Name="Bold" />
                                <telerik:EditorTool Name="Italic" />
                                <telerik:EditorTool Name="Underline" />
                            </telerik:EditorToolGroup>
                            <telerik:EditorToolGroup>
                                <telerik:EditorTool Name="LinkManager" />
                                <telerik:EditorTool Name="Unlink" />
                                <telerik:EditorTool Name="FindAndReplace" />
                            </telerik:EditorToolGroup>
                        </Tools>
<Content>
</Content>

                        <SpellCheckSettings SpellCheckProvider="PhoneticProvider" WordIgnoreOptions="RepeatedWords">
                        </SpellCheckSettings>
                    </telerik:RadEditor>
George
Telerik team
 answered on 19 May 2008
4 answers
102 views
Hi.
I am using the scheduler in ResourceView mode and I am using an external add/edit custom RadWindow,

in the function AppointmentInserting(sender, eventArgs)

 I need the Resource.ID. and Resource Text.
I have tried the following things  without any luck:-

eventArgs.get_resource().key;
eventArgs.get_resource().key();
eventArgs.get_resource().get_key;
eventArgs.get_resource().get_key();

I am getting the following error:
'null' is null or not an object

Pls try to help me out as I am stuck up with this and can't proceed further.

Thanks,
Vassu



vassu
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 19 May 2008
7 answers
194 views
Dear All,

I want to apply the Sunset skin to my docks and zones, so I copied the included skin from the .zip file to App_thems/Sunset/Dock and did the needed modifications to make it work with my skin switching mechanism.

Everything is fine, except that the dock command buttons showed clipped, when I click once on the title bar of the dock the command buttons are correctly displayed, what could be the reason.

Also for telerik skin, I the pictures are not displayed at all.

Can someone guide me on this...

Best regards,
Waleed

/Edit : 05-11-2008 9:12am
I also try to use the default skin by disabling the dynamic skinning, and I got the same result

Best regards,
Waleed
Waleed Seada
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 19 May 2008
1 answer
132 views
Hello,

I need to clear selection in grid when any area outside grid is clicked. I know how to clear selection. But I do now know how to handle all click events on the page, except grid control. I do it by handling onclick event of the body element, but it fires event if some control (and grid too) was clicked.
Yavor
Telerik team
 answered on 19 May 2008
1 answer
142 views
Hi

Is there control in radcontrols like DetailView
if yes please dimonstrat it?
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 19 May 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?