Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
141 views
I have this scenario: i have an user control to edit and insert elements in a radgrid. I don't use automatic insert/update but business code in update and insert command event.  I wish that after inserted, the  element switch in edit mode without come back to collapsed grid.
I tried with e.canceled = true in Insertcommand event but i don't know how to put in edit the inserted element.
Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 19 May 2008
2 answers
157 views
Hi

I set EditMode="PopUp"  ie <MasterTableView CommandItemDisplay="Top" DataSourceID="sqlDsStoreDetails" ShowHeader="true" EditMode="PopUp">

but get this error

Error    1    Cannot create an object of type 'Telerik.WebControls.GridEditMode' from its string representation 'PopUp' for the 'EditMode' property.


Can you please help?
Buffet
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 19 May 2008
1 answer
158 views
Hi,

I have two RadUpload controls placed inside a radPane control with Scrolling set to Both; unfortunately when I test the page under IE 7 as soon as I scroll up and down the text box and select button on the upload controls do not move with the rest of the content, while the clear button seems unaffected.

I already tried the setting the style of the div tag that contains bot radUpload controls to "position : relative;".

Thanks.

Veselin Vasilev
Telerik team
 answered on 19 May 2008
6 answers
196 views
Dear All,

I have a panelbar with two groups (so far) with items under each group, I want to have only one expanded group. If the user click on one group the other should collapse and vise verse.

What property I should use
, I tried (ExpandMode="SingleExpandedItem"). with no luck

Also, I place this panelbar on an .ascx file,

How do I use Javascript to access the panelbar items properties
... ( I don't have <Body> tag at the .ascx file)

Best regards,
Waleed
Waleed Seada
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 19 May 2008
1 answer
89 views
During installation of RadEditor 4.5.3 

When i press OK after selecting a web application in solution deployment I get in IE7 the Error:

WebForm_PostBackOptions  is undefined.

Any Ideas?
George
Telerik team
 answered on 19 May 2008
0 answers
107 views
Hi together

I just wondered if anyone else has the problem that VS 2008 Standard is down to a crawl in designmode when having lots of telerik stuff on it.

I installed a hotfix (have not restarted the computer yet) but that did not help.

Also I am developping a new site with lots of telerik Q1 2008 stuff on it and tried it on Beta 8 IE.

Grrrhh. Nothing realy works. Menu layout, Docks, RadCoboBox and so on.

Grid seems to be fine.

I sure hope everything will work once it goes out of beta.

If telerik want's a site too look at what I meen I can open a ticket

Regards Markus

PS: Sorry Crosspost because I hit the wrong forum
Markus
Top achievements
Rank 2
 asked on 19 May 2008
3 answers
159 views
My task is to add more features to the RadScheduler. I've recurring appointment with lots of users associated with one appointment. I want to show only the users associated to the appointment not everything from the database. Can you send me examples of the code of my particular instance - of how to display all users responsible for the appointment under More Details option. Next I want to display another information from the database in a textbox(right now it displays all the records, not just the information related to the appointment, as a drop-down of all the values in the database even those not related to the appointment).
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 19 May 2008
3 answers
218 views
I flip-flop between Web & Winforms development, so now I'm starting back into web dev for the first time this year and all I can say is what happened to Telerik AJAX??????? For the record, I should state that I'm using VS 2008. So now the problem(s)....

I use master pages so I don't have to keep producing everything over and over... So Default.aspx uses Main.master.  I have the script manager on the master page (otherwise I can't have the menu there), I have 2 combo boxes of Default.aspx, c1 dynamically loads items in c2. Seeing as theres a VS bug that prevents the use of ScriptManager etc, I opted to use the RadAjaxPanel (which I used heavily in previous apps) and nope... I get 1 of 2 outcomes... either a full page postback (even though its in a RadAjaxPanel) or (this one is just lovely) the controls disappear! and not just the ones on Default.aspx.... but the menu on master page as well!  But lets throw an added twist... hover you mouse over the areas where the dropdown boxes 'should' be... majically, out of the depths of nowhere, the dropdown items appear!  So being that I was completely baffled by this, I created a test page... it contains the 2 dropdowns, ScriptManger, and Ajax Manager... result...ajax postback... good, but (theres always a 'but')... see above issue about the disappearing controls!

So, now I ask.... what am I supposed to do? nothing works like it should (or used to) and my deadline is rapidly approaching seeing as the app was quite simple.

Heres the markup:

<%

@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="TestPAge.aspx.cs" Inherits="TestPAge" %>

<%

@ Register assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" tagprefix="telerik" %>

<!

DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

<

html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<
head runat="server">
<title>Untitled Page</title>
<style type="text/css">
.RadComboBox_Black
{

vertical-align:bottom;

}

.RadComboBox_Black

{

font:12px "segoe ui",arial,verdana,sans-serif;

color:#999;

}

.RadComboBox_Black

{

font:12px "segoe ui",arial,verdana,sans-serif;

color:#999;

}

 

.RadComboBox_Black

{

vertical-align:bottom;

}

.RadComboBox_Black

*

{

margin:0;

padding:0;

}

.RadComboBox_Black

*

{

margin:0;

padding:0;

}

.RadComboBox_Black

table

{

border:0;

border-collapse:collapse;

}

.RadComboBox_Black

.rcbInputCell

{

padding: 0 0 0 2px;

}

.RadComboBox_Black

.rcbInputCellLeft { background-position: 0 0; padding-left: 5px; }

.RadComboBox_Black

.rcbInputCell

{

width:100%;

height:23px;

line-height:22px;

border: 0;

vertical-align:top;

background: transparent url('mvwres://Telerik.Web.UI, Version=2008.1.415.35, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=121fae78165ba3d4/Telerik.Web.UI.Skins.Black.ComboBox.rcbBg.gif') no-repeat;

}

.RadComboBox_Black

.rcbInputCell

{

width:100%;

height:23px;

line-height:22px;

border: 0;

vertical-align:top;

background: transparent url('mvwres://Telerik.Web.UI, Version=2008.1.415.35, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=121fae78165ba3d4/Telerik.Web.UI.Skins.Black.ComboBox.rcbBg.gif') no-repeat;

}

.RadComboBox_Black

.rcbInputCellLeft { background-position: 0 0; padding-left: 5px; }

.RadComboBox_Black

.rcbInputCell

{

padding: 0 0 0 2px;

}

.RadComboBox_Black

td

{

border: 0;

}

.RadComboBox_Black

.rcbInputCell input

{

width:100%;

background:transparent;

border:0;

vertical-align:top;

padding:4px 0 0 2px;

}

.RadComboBox_Black

input

{

font:12px "segoe ui",arial,verdana,sans-serif;

color:#999;

}

.RadComboBox_Black

.rcbArrowCellRight { background-position: 0 0; }

.RadComboBox_Black

.rcbArrowCell

{

border: 0;

padding:0;

width:24px;

background: transparent url('mvwres://Telerik.Web.UI, Version=2008.1.415.35, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=121fae78165ba3d4/Telerik.Web.UI.Skins.Black.ComboBox.rcbArrowCell.gif') no-repeat;

}

.RadComboBox_Black

.rcbArrowCell

{

border: 0;

padding:0;

width:24px;

background: transparent url('mvwres://Telerik.Web.UI, Version=2008.1.415.35, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=121fae78165ba3d4/Telerik.Web.UI.Skins.Black.ComboBox.rcbArrowCell.gif') no-repeat;

}

.RadComboBox_Black

.rcbArrowCellRight { background-position: 0 0; }

.RadComboBox_Black

.rcbArrowCell a

{

position:relative;

outline:none;

line-height:22px;

overflow:hidden;

display:block;

width:24px;

height:24px;

text-decoration:none;

text-indent: -9999px;

font-size: 0;

}

</style>

</

head>

<

body>

<form id="form1" runat="server">

<telerik:RadScriptManager ID="RadScriptManager1" runat="server">

</telerik:RadScriptManager>

<telerik:RadAjaxManager ID="RadAjaxManager1" runat="server">

<AjaxSettings>

<telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="cmbCategory">

<UpdatedControls>

<telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="cmbColor" />

</UpdatedControls>

</telerik:AjaxSetting>

</AjaxSettings>

</telerik:RadAjaxManager>

<div>

<table style="width:100%;">

<tr>

<td colspan="3"></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td>

&nbsp;</td>

<td align="center">

<telerik:RadComboBox ID="cmbCategory" Runat="server" onselectedindexchanged="cmbCategory_SelectedIndexChanged"

Skin="Black" Text="[ Select Division ]" AutoPostBack="True">

<Items>

<telerik:RadComboBoxItem runat="server"

Text="Boys Under 4" Value="Boys Under 4" />

<telerik:RadComboBoxItem runat="server"

Text="Girls Under 10" Value="Girls Under 10" />

</Items>

<CollapseAnimation Type="OutQuint" Duration="200">

</CollapseAnimation>

</telerik:RadComboBox>

</td>

<td>

&nbsp;</td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td>

</td>

<td align="center">

&nbsp;</td>

<td>

&nbsp;</td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td>

&nbsp;</td>

<td align="center">

<telerik:RadComboBox ID="cmbColor" Runat="server"

Skin="Black">

<CollapseAnimation Type="OutQuint" Duration="200">

</CollapseAnimation>

</telerik:RadComboBox>

</td>

<td>

&nbsp;</td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td>

&nbsp;</td>

<td>

&nbsp;</td>

<td>

&nbsp;</td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td>

&nbsp;</td>

<td>

&nbsp;</td>

<td>

&nbsp;</td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td>

&nbsp;</td>

<td>

&nbsp;</td>

<td>

&nbsp;</td>

</tr>

</

table>

</div>

</form>

</

body>

</

html>

Yavor
Telerik team
 answered on 19 May 2008
3 answers
125 views
Hi,
I have tree of radtree and 2 panels that display node properties. The first panel displays editable node properties as form. Another one displays it's content using raddocks (prometheus). I need to display dynamic created docks and those docs deppends upon the tree node clicked. But due to documentation the raddocks needs to be created with page.init event and in my case it's need to be created on nodeclick event. How can an I figure it out?

Regards
Sophy
Telerik team
 answered on 19 May 2008
1 answer
145 views

Hi,

I am currently using the ajax radgrid(2008.1.415.20) for displaying data on one of my usercontrols.
I use a light weight object for populating the grid as the full business object would take too long to load, however when I wish to view or edit the specific details of a grid item I need to load this “full” object from the database and then populate the FormTemplate within the grid.

I have the following problems:

1)It appears that this FormTemplate can only be populated using the object that was loaded for populating the grid(i.e. the “light weight” object), is there no method that can be used to intercept what the FormTempate is going to bind to, because I really only want to use some of the “light weight” objects properties to do a query on the database to get the full business object to populate the FormTemplate.

2) I also need to implement some logic while populating FormTemplate. In this case I want to have access to all controls, located on a FormTemplate from a one particular method rather then trying to spread this logic between databound events of these controls. I tried to use ItemDataBaund event of the grid, but it doesn’t allow to access  FormTemplate content (because it is obviously used for different purposes). Subscribing on OnItemCommand event also doesn’t give any effect due to the same reason (actually it occurs even before ItemDataBound). As an option I can subscribe to OnDataBound event for some control, located within a form view and then access other sibling controls using Control.Parent property, but it seems to me that it is not the best solution for such advanced and powerful grid control. Isn’t it? ?

3) Also is the FormTemplate only used for editing/inserting or can it be used for viewing objects? I would appreciate if somebody give me some good example of how to use FormTemplate  for Editing/Inserting/Viewing data.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Liam Brennan.

Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 19 May 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?